Who is hiring this Summer for Seasonal Work?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Lily in Elkhart, Indiana

26 months ago

I have literally scoured through hundreds of job postings and it seems very few companies are hiring seasonal employees this summer. Are there any companies you all can think of that hire seasonally? I am a 22 year old student and about all I have been able to find are a couple random grounds maintenance jobs and very physically demanding jobs at hardware stores.

Surely someone else must hire seasonally...Target, Walmart, Security Firms, Hotels??? Does anyone have any leads? I imagine there are quite a few others who could benefit from this question as well :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dee in Baltimore, Maryland

26 months ago

Are there any Major League Baseball stadiums near you? I recently got a seasonal job myself at the local MLB stadium. Google DNC Sportservice, Aramark or Sodexo and see if you can find anything on those sites.

Average in Medford, Massachusetts

26 months ago

Dee in Baltimore, Maryland said: Sportservice, Aramark or Sodexo

Rich people hiring servants.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Plano in Plano, Texas

26 months ago

I thought in Elkhard they built RV and trailers?

Maybe as a helper you can find part-time hours.

Bluetea in Texas

26 months ago

Average in Medford, Massachusetts said: Rich people hiring servants.

That's it. I work in a sport/convention center myself (part time). When those people in the sky boxes are paying $10.00 for glass of wine, it would be adding insult if they had to get it themselves. That's what I am for. Heh!

I am not a big sports fan myself but there is a lot of money in sports. A lot. Some of those players make more in an hour than I will in my entire life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dee in Baltimore, Maryland

24 months ago

Average in Medford, Massachusetts said: Rich people hiring servants.

Actually, I work in a concession stand that customers will actually come to themselves.

Unix Brat in Asheville, North Carolina

24 months ago

Dee in Baltimore, Maryland said: Actually, I work in a concession stand that customers will actually come to themselves.

Dee--glad to hear you got the job!

Since it's a seasonal job, and you don't want to be back in the same position as this past winter, now's the time to consider some bold options. I'm talking self-employment.

Think about it. You'll be meeting a lot of people. Customers and coworkers. Hand out your business card that you've printed yourself.
When the calls come in, make sure you are prompt in returning any and all calls. Make sure you have your prices already written up. People want to know the cost up front; you never say "I don't know what to charge, what do you think is fair...?"

Devote a couple days to pulling your ideas together, including some research on liability and contracts. You could really generate some cash flow this way, and best of all get the ball rolling and being productive on the days you don't have a home game.

Best wishes.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.