How long after submitting until you hear back *something*?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Tom in Lanham, Maryland

64 months ago

I believe that most online applications usually do not get responses usually. I most likely sent out around at least 50 resumes before I received anything back and this is rare so I am happy I received a call. I am entry level also. I have about 1.5 years of experience but I had to leave a company because it was out of my field. I would say your best bet to find work that might want to train you is to try your school's job search and use friends and family. Currently, right now, it is a employer's market in that many companies can choose to pay less than they should for the current job while adding many qualifications which tells that they want to get the best people for smaller wages. I hope that you find work seriously, I actually have been looking for entry-level 'type' work for about 6 weeks and have some face to face interviews next week. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

xxBexx in west chester, Pennsylvania

64 months ago

Tom in Lanham, Maryland said: I believe that most online applications usually do not get responses usually. I most likely sent out around at least 50 resumes before I received anything back and this is rare so I am happy I received a call. I am entry level also. I have about 1.5 years of experience but I had to leave a company because it was out of my field. I would say your best bet to find work that might want to train you is to try your school's job search and use friends and family. Currently, right now, it is a employer's market in that many companies can choose to pay less than they should for the current job while adding many qualifications which tells that they want to get the best people for smaller wages. I hope that you find work seriously, I actually have been looking for entry-level 'type' work for about 6 weeks and have some face to face interviews next week. Good Luck.

Thank you,Tom, for your well wishes :) I cant use my school's job search function, anymore, because I have already graduated. Was that how you found leads to submit your application to? good luck on your interviews..i hope you get something :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joanna in Berwyn, Illinois

64 months ago

You should still be able to go back to the college that you graduated from for career advise. They should have a career center to help current students as well as past ones. Contact them and ask for the career center. You are an alumni. They should always leave the door open to you. If an employer is interested in interviewing you, they most likely will contact you within a week, but sometimes they still will contact you after that point, but the more time that goes by the slimmer your chances are.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

xxBexx in west chester, Pennsylvania

64 months ago

Joanna in Berwyn, Illinois said: You should still be able to go back to the college that you graduated from for career advise. They should have a career center to help current students as well as past ones. Contact them and ask for the career center. You are an alumni. They should always leave the door open to you.

not at my school. unless you are a *dues* paying alumni. since I am a recent graduate, the career center is open to me for *one* year after graduation but I dont have access to the school's alumni career search site..that is for the *dues* paying alumni.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Just Me in Clearwater, Florida

46 months ago

If I went and filled out applications today, How long should I wait til I hear back from someone? Or when should I call to follow up with my application?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

need a job in Chicago, Illinois

46 months ago

right now I'm currently working at job that I applied for back in March. They didn't call me until late August. So, you may have to wait that long just to get a response.

Also,don't forget that many companies actually keep your information on file for six months, or whatever time period they specify. I used to think that was a joke until another place I applied at in June called me a week ago. I say, just keep on applying and knowing yourself (that means preparing for interviews) so that when they do FINALLY call, you'll be ready.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.