I'm in a mess - where do I start?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

sarahnicole in Moweaqua, Illinois

20 months ago

I have been a stay at home mom for almost 4 years. My last employer I actually worked at several times. I don't recall some of my past job history as far as accurate dates. Some I don't even have supervisor information. I Don't know how to create a resume without that information and explain a 4 year gap in employment. This summer I am headed back to school to get a degree in accounting. I am just looking for a part or full time retail job to save some money. I don't even have job references! Someone please hep me out. I just need pointed in the right direction. It's hard to fill out online job apps without having something to put in the blanks. It's so frustrating! I also have debated volunteer work, but I can't afford the gas (I live in the middle of nowhere) or childcare without a paying job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Almost Suicidal in San Antonio, Texas

19 months ago

You should put together a resume that focuses on your skill set. Mom's do planning and organizing and a million other things. If you are currently in school get an internship. It could lead to a job later. Even a work study job is better than doing nothing. It won't pay much, but it will get you out there networking, which seems to be an essential in landing a job these days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Missy in San Antonio, Texas

19 months ago

Do a google search for SAHM resume.
Get some ideas about converting what you do as a stay at home mom into job descriptions.

I use friends as references since I don't have any professional references anymore.

I got these idea for this link:
honestmom.com/2012/03/30/hey-sahms-heres-some-back-to-work-resume-advice/

- CEO of family enterprise
- you manage multiple budgets
- you organize special events
- savvy in social media
- adept negotiator

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.