How many jobs do you apply to on the average week?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 91)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Karma in Plover, Wisconsin

57 months ago

Jon Boy58 in Denver, Colorado said: Today I heard a news story about more people more activly looking for work now that they heard that the jobs report last week shows added jobs. It also stated that one person has been applying to 10 jobs a day. Where does this person find 50 jobs a week? Most apply to every single job on Careerbuilder & Monster regardless of what it requires. I am lucky if I apply to 10 jobs in a week let alone a day. No wonder when a recruiter said that 500 people applied to the job, but only 10% were really qualified or had most of the items the employer was looking for. Does anyone reading the forum apply to 50 jobs a week?

You're smart not to apply for jobs you are not qualified for. The applicant tracking systems log the activity. Some will even block you from applying. It's a number one irritant to HR.

About 5 years ago, I applied to about 400 jobs in about 4 or 5 months...all online...it was easy...but I didn't hear back from anyone.

Since job listings are so specific, I can't see how anyone could apply to 50 a week...did you know that if you don't meet the minimum qualifications in a job posting that they don't have to give a reason as to why they did not hire you? Otherwise, they do.

www.newtonsoftware.com/blog/tag/applicant-tracking-software/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Discusted Candidate in Chicago, Illinois

57 months ago

I have never had an employer give me a reason why they did not hire me, only received a rejection letter that stated that they selected someone who more closly met the needs of the company. That is a general letter that they probably send to all of the rejected candidates. That does not tell me why they selected them over me. Age, looks, they worked at a company longer, lived closer, might be interested in dating them or any reason.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

D in Fontana, California

57 months ago

Since I have specific positions/industries I am interested in, and I am tracking job listings through Indeed, SimplyHired, and checking job boards, it isn't possible for me to apply to that many jobs a week. They just don't pop up that fast. A few per week, maybe. But then again, I am currently employed. Maybe if I was out of a job, I would be applying to anything I am qualified for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Chicago, Illinois

57 months ago

I can only apply to jobs that I think I am a good match for. There is no point to apply to jobs just to apply. Many companies are looking for key words with searching through resumes, and if your resume does not have those words in them because you are in a different occupation completely, you do not have any chance of even getting called for an interview. Some employers state that you should not apply if you do not meet the qualifications that they are looking for, or when you are trying to apply, it asks you do you meet these requirements. If you don't it stops you right there. It only wastes your time as the employers. It would be a joke on you if you were a cook and they wanted an engineer and the company was silly enough to call you in. How would you answer such questions relating to the job you applied to? If that would happen to some of these people, maybe they would think twice before just hitting the reply button to every job opening online. Unless you were serious in a career change and knew something about engineering and wanted an employer to just give you a chance at an entry level position in that field, but then you would have to have some education at least to help you get started.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Are You Serious in Denver, Colorado

57 months ago

Jon Boy58 in Denver, Colorado said: Today I heard a news story about more people more activly looking for work now that they heard that the jobs report last week shows added jobs. It also stated that one person has been applying to 10 jobs a day. Where does this person find 50 jobs a week? Most apply to every single job on Careerbuilder & Monster regardless of what it requires. I am lucky if I apply to 10 jobs in a week let alone a day. No wonder when a recruiter said that 500 people applied to the job, but only 10% were really qualified or had most of the items the employer was looking for. Does anyone reading the forum apply to 50 jobs a week?

It's truly tough finding these job leads! However, the past few weeks, job leads have been increasing. I'm only required to find a whopping (3), reduced from (5) per week and that's a struggle, most weeks. However, this week, I did exceed that expectation and applied for 7 jobs I was capable of doing. I can't guarantee I will exceed standards, but I will, at minimum, meet standard.
On some weeks, when I first became unemployed, it was between 30-50 per week. That was over 2 years ago, when there were actually between 30-50 on some weeks to apply for when I could find that many. So, when people around me come up with descriptions of me which include "lazy", "unmotivated", or tell me I "don't express enough initiative or follow through" I look over my shoulder and I'm like, "I'm sorry, you must be talking to someone else, when you make these highly off-key comments, and make me deal with games and problems in higher education/the workforce, because recently, when I went in to a community workforce center to seek job training information, I saw VERY FEW people in my age group 18-25 there. What does that tell you about how many people in my age group are truly interested in bettering their lot in life?"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts

57 months ago

Are You Serious in Denver, Colorado said: I saw VERY FEW people in my age group 18-25 there. What does that tell you about how many people in my age group are truly interested in bettering their lot in life?"

They are the ones employers love to hire. I have 2 degrees and can't get a call back for any job but I know many people with just a high school education in their mid 20's who are making in the six figures.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

FS in Salem, Massachusetts

57 months ago

Kim in Chicago, Illinois said: I can only apply to jobs that I think I am a good match for. There is no point to apply to jobs just to apply. Many companies are looking for key words with searching through resumes, and if your resume does not have those words in them because you are in a different occupation completely, you do not have any chance of even getting called for an interview. Some employers state that you should not apply if you do not meet the qualifications that they are looking for, or when you are trying to apply, it asks you do you meet these requirements. If you don't it stops you right there. It only wastes your time as the employers. It would be a joke on you if you were a cook and they wanted an engineer and the company was silly enough to call you in. How would you answer such questions relating to the job you applied to? If that would happen to some of these people, maybe they would think twice before just hitting the reply button to every job opening online. Unless you were serious in a career change and knew something about engineering and wanted an employer to just give you a chance at an entry level position in that field, but then you would have to have some education at least to help you get started.

Big 4 Accounting Firms only hire entry level auditing if you were an intern during college or apply at a job fair. Now their websites and ads never advertise entry level auditing everything is 3 years plus experience. If you missed that small window during college then too bad don't apply now if you don't qualify. But if you know someone personally at the firm then you also have a chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

wendy in Brighton, Michigan

57 months ago

I never have applied for that many positions. You don't have enough information about the person.

FYI--you will never find a good position relying on internet jobsites. Most of the jobs are recycled, junk, etc. I had applied for a position with a company and the hr mgr. emailed me back that they chose someone else. Two months later I see the same position on a couple of sites. I emailed the hr person and she said that the position is not open and that the career sites will list openings that are closed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

wendy in Brighton, Michigan said: I never have applied for that many positions. You don't have enough information about the person.

FYI--you will never find a good position relying on internet jobsites. Most of the jobs are recycled, junk, etc. I had applied for a position with a company and the hr mgr. emailed me back that they chose someone else. Two months later I see the same position on a couple of sites. I emailed the hr person and she said that the position is not open and that the career sites will list openings that are closed.

That is just an excuse. I doubt anyone receives 500 resumes for a position. Many companies are also dragging their feet saying this position has been open for 3-4 months

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

wendy in Brighton, Michigan

57 months ago

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts said: That is just an excuse. I doubt anyone receives 500 resumes for a position. Many companies are also dragging their feet saying this position has been open for 3-4 months

The larger organizations do not receive 500 resumes because their jobsites are set up by Taleo and other companies that does the screening for them. So, if you don't get by the 3rd party screener then you will never get an interview with the company representative. I do believe that the 3rd party company probably sifts through that many qualified resumes in this economic climate.
(The computer has already sifted through thousands of resumes based on the criteria that the company has programmed).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jobless Forever in Sheboygan, Wisconsin

57 months ago

Some days I don't see anything that is worth applying to. I don't know where people find jobs noadays, but I can't find anything. I am getting so depressed over this whole jobs thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jobless Forever in Sheboygan, Wisconsin

57 months ago

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts said: They are the ones employers love to hire. I have 2 degrees and can't get a call back for any job but I know many people with just a high school education in their mid 20's who are making in the six figures.

What kind of work are they doing that they can make that kind of money? That is what you should be going for! Look at many of our Hollywood Movie Star just read their bios in Wikipedia.com and they only have HS or less. You don't need a degree to make millions, perhaps the more education you have the less you make?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Jobless Forever in Sheboygan, Wisconsin said: What kind of work are they doing that they can make that kind of money? That is what you should be going for! Look at many of our Hollywood Movie Star just read their bios in Wikipedia.com and they only have HS or less. You don't need a degree to make millions, perhaps the more education you have the less you make?

I heard that the financial services industry in Boston is coming back strong and the same with anyone with a computer science related degree.

I have a MS in Finance and cannot even get an interview.. I wonder what these 100,000 + college grads are doing that they are getting multiple job offers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Michele B in New Bedford, Massachusetts

37 months ago

wendy in Brighton, Michigan said: I never have applied for that many positions. You don't have enough information about the person.

I had a good experience and landed 2 interviews from FM Global and Ashworth Awards, so ther is still hope.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ella in Skokie, Illinois

37 months ago

I have not applied to a single job for the past few weeks. It is a real slow time right now. Next week the Holidays are over, and I hope to be seeing some quality jobs posted by companies, not staffing firms that are overposting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Parafreegal in Dolton, Illinois

37 months ago

First of all, Taleo is the devil incarnate. It is the one of the most user unfriendly pieces of software I've ever encountered. It will make you pull your hair out. I have to wonder why companies use it. The only thing I can come up with is that it's some sort of psychological testing to see if you can get through to the end.

I probably apply for a couple jobs a week on average. You can't just apply to any job. I don't even get responses from ads where I'm directly qualified, so why apply where my experience isn't related to their requirements at all? Some weeks, I'll put out no resumes. Other weeks, I'll put out five.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

dontwanttobea99er in Somerville, Massachusetts

37 months ago

Just FYI, even Indeed only posts jobs that have already been on the company's website for several days at least, sometimes a week. I noticed that with Lowes. You find a job on here from them that says "new," then go on the actual site and it's from a week ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Parafreegal in Dolton, Illinois

37 months ago

I've backed out of an application plenty of times after seeing it was a Taleo application. Other times, I've gone ahead and applied multiple times with the same employer. Allstate and Aon are among the companies to which I've applied using Taleo.

The other day, I filled one out, I believe with Aon. My info is "saved" with Aon's Taleo application process, but I still encounter problems, starting with the basic user name and password. With Taleo, you must have a different name and password for each employer, and you'll invariably forget them. Taleo is all about saving time for the employer and wasting the time of the applicant.

The big problem I had the other day with the Taleo software on the Aon application was that I filled out the application entirely, using the information saved in their system and then, as usual with Taleo, having to tweak it so it fit the forms. Then, I had to cut and paste my resume. Of course, your resume format is lost in this manner, so you have to go into it and re-arrange everything. Then, I uploaded my resume, and voila! All of my education and experience information was instantly lost, and I had to go and re-enter all of it.

That's typical Taleo. It's an utter failure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

37 months ago

Parafreegal in Dolton, Illinois said: I've backed out of an application plenty of times after seeing it was a Taleo application. Other times, I've gone ahead and applied multiple times with the same employer. Allstate and Aon are among the companies to which I've applied using Taleo.

The other day, I filled one out, I believe with Aon. My info is "saved" with Aon's Taleo application process, but I still encounter problems, starting with the basic user name and password. With Taleo, you must have a different name and password for each employer, and you'll invariably forget them. Taleo is all about saving time for the employer and wasting the time of the applicant.

The big problem I had the other day with the Taleo software on the Aon application was that I filled out the application entirely, using the information saved in their system and then, as usual with Taleo, having to tweak it so it fit the forms. Then, I had to cut and paste my resume. Of course, your resume format is lost in this manner, so you have to go into it and re-arrange everything. Then, I uploaded my resume, and voila! All of my education and experience information was instantly lost, and I had to go and re-enter all of it.

That's typical Taleo. It's an utter failure.

I think part of Taleo's appeal is that it strikes terror into the heart of most applicants and this limits the number of applicants. Many people back out when they see the Taleo logo. That's the whole point.

There is a hospital near me that uses Taleo and it goes on for days. I just don't have the patience to get through it, so I crossed them off my list.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yep in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

37 months ago

I only apply for jobs that I stand at least a 75-80% chance of getting. I usually apply for about 10-15 jobs a week, some online applications are short and sweet, and some are just dreadful.

I took my resume off of careerbuilder so that recruiters wouldn't bother me. I rarely check monster. Craigslist is mostly full of scams, the only sites I use are indeed and linkedin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

37 months ago

Yep in Cedar Rapids, Iowa said: I only apply for jobs that I stand at least a 75-80% chance of getting. I usually apply for about 10-15 jobs a week, some online applications are short and sweet, and some are just dreadful.

I took my resume off of careerbuilder so that recruiters wouldn't bother me. I rarely check monster. Craigslist is mostly full of scams, the only sites I use are indeed and linkedin.

I agree. You might have some luck with local boards and careeronestop. Depends on your area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sal in Salt Lake City, Utah

37 months ago

I hope that 2012 is the year that people start getting hired.

New Year, New Job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JP in Lynn, Massachusetts

37 months ago

Dreadful? Try the Marriott with 500 - 600 questions or certain Federal Auditing jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

32 months ago

The Job Op Shop in Smyrna, Georgia said: Frustrated with Submitting Job Applications? WE APPLY FOR YOU! Join Our Job Seekers Database for Free. Start Your Free Online Consultation Now. www.thejobopshop.com

The Frustration-Free Way to Apply: The Job Op Shop offers a frustration-free way to locate and apply to current available positions that are especially suited to your skill set, without the hassle of spending hours of your valuable time applying to jobs.

How revolting. Really?

Brooklyn Babe in Brooklyn, New York

32 months ago

I agree with endoftheworld, I too find it difficult to find jobs to apply to. Agencies just over-post jobs and I just bypass those as I know that they don't have all the jobs that they say, they are just trying to get people who don't know better to give them leads. I just don't see how people can say that they apply to 10-15 jobs a week. I have not had a single week that I found that many jobs, unless I go and apply to every store in the mall. I think that there are less jobs posted by companies now than a few years ago. At the rate things are going, next year may be very few jobs posted on the boards. Everyone knows someone that is looking for a job and employers may be able to find someone just with they know to fill it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

James in Dover, New Jersey

32 months ago

I only apply to a couple of job postings a week. I don't believe in applying for jobs that I'm clearly not qualified for because it is a waste of time. I also don't apply for jobs without doing at least some research on the company itself to get a general feeling of what I'm getting myself into.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hotdiggity in Ajax, Ontario

32 months ago

Two months ago, a career counselor gave me the advice that I needed to apply to anything and everything.
What I need is a job and I can worry about a career later(apparently)

So, I did.
The first week, I applied to five jobs a day. Second week, ten jobs a day.
After that.. it just tapered off because I was really stretching the level of my qualifications.

Then, the phone calls started coming in from the jobs I had applied to; and I got some interviews.
Great, except most of the jobs I had applied to were a stretch and it didn't take long for the recruiters to figure that out. Now, I'm receiving the rejection letters.. I've received 3 so far.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

vi in Lady Lake, Florida

32 months ago

I'm lucky if I find anything at all to apply to in any given week. There are too many temp jobs, and some where I know I have the skills but don't meet all the requirements.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

TK in Chicago, Illinois

32 months ago

I feel the same way. Most of the "jobs" are from agencies that post many ads. They have so many listings, that it is not even worth looking at most of the time. This past weekend a time to be enjoying with family & friends and summer and I see "jobs" posted on Sunday, they can't even enjoy the nice holiday weekend, most people don't really look much on the weekends as when the office is closed they should not be thinking about work. Then they deny that they jobs are fake.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

I see so many ads posted by recruiters/agencies that it's rather obvious most, if not all, of them are fake.

I think ads for temp jobs are fake too. By the time they run the ad and get the people in, the job would have already been filled. There's no way clients are sitting around waiting for temp agencies to run an ad, get people signed up and then screened and interviewed by them, making pretty much any ad for temps fake.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Arvada, Colorado

32 months ago

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois said: I see so many ads posted by recruiters/agencies that it's rather obvious most, if not all, of them are fake.

I think ads for temp jobs are fake too. By the time they run the ad and get the people in, the job would have already been filled. There's no way clients are sitting around waiting for temp agencies to run an ad, get people signed up and then screened and interviewed by them, making pretty much any ad for temps fake.

Most temp agencies like to have a pile of resumes on hand so that they can respond to a job request immediately. And they're not alone. I've known companies who will list people who have merely applied for a job as current employees when they bid on a contract, to make it look like they already have the staff in house. I not infrequently see 2 defense contractors advertising the exact same job. This means that both of them have bid on the same contract and are collecting resumes in case they win it.

32 months ago

Jeff in Arvada, Colorado said: Most temp agencies like to have a pile of resumes on hand so that they can respond to a job request immediately. And they're not alone. I've known companies who will list people who have merely applied for a job as current employees when they bid on a contract, to make it look like they already have the staff in house. I not infrequently see 2 defense contractors advertising the exact same job. This means that both of them have bid on the same contract and are collecting resumes in case they win it.

The difference would be that I'd have infinitely more respect for a defense contractor than for a recruiting/temp agency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gregsmithy in London, United Kingdom

30 months ago

Karma in Plover, Wisconsin said: You're smart not to apply for jobs you are not qualified for. The applicant tracking systems log the activity. Some will even block you from applying. It's a number one irritant to HR .

About 5 years ago, I applied to about 400 jobs in about 4 or 5 months...all online...it was easy...but I didn't hear back from anyone.

Since job listings are so specific, I can't see how anyone could apply to 50 a week...did you know that if you don't meet the minimum qualifications in a job posting that they don't have to give a reason as to why they did not hire you? Otherwise, they do.

www.newtonsoftware.com/blog/tag/applicant-tracking-software/

ok folks, the guy who wrote this is lieing to us, if he applied for 400 jobs in 150 days, and didn't recieve a single reply, then he's either older then Hugh Hefner, or is lieing. All the time, in theplace I live, in the building I work in that employs 200 people, people come-and-go every week. Jobs, in all areas of commerce become available constantly. So, my original comment was going to be that this guy's comment is really defeatist and that I can show you people that can wffortlessly turn around and prove his/hers negative comments wrong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Denver, Colorado

30 months ago

Gregsmithy in London, United Kingdom said: ok folks, the guy who wrote this is lieing to us, if he applied for 400 jobs in 150 days, and didn't recieve a single reply, then he's either older then Hugh Hefner, or is lieing. All the time, in theplace I live, in the building I work in that employs 200 people, people come-and-go every week. Jobs, in all areas of commerce become available constantly. So, my original comment was going to be that this guy's comment is really defeatist and that I can show you people that can wffortlessly turn around and prove his/hers negative comments wrong.

What are the requirements for moving to the UK? Things apparently are much better over there than on the west side of the pond. I've applied for around 200 jobs in the last 3 months. I did get a few responses, and even several phone screenings. But since I used The Force rather than MPI for my parallel computing classes, I obviously would not be able to handle any scientific computing job.

MyNeu Job in Austin, Texas

28 months ago

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts said: They are the ones employers love to hire. I have 2 degrees and can't get a call back for any job but I know many people with just a high school education in their mid 20's who are making in the six figures.

Would love to know how somebody can make six figures with just a high school education?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

It'sTheEconomy in Tampa, Florida

28 months ago

Only 95 thousand jobs were created in August - down from the already very low estimate of 125k. It really is unfortunate that someone with two degrees, a master's in finance, etc. can't even get passed the interview stage.

Right now I'm (very gratefully) underemployed but am still looking. Thanks for the information on the board - I certainly won't be applying for as many openings as I have.

It'sTheEconomy in Tampa, Florida

28 months ago

MyNeu Job in Austin, Texas said: Would love to know how somebody can make six figures with just a high school education?

I'd like to know that too. I know some people who skipped college, tech school, etc. and are making 30-40k a year but six figures?!? That's insane. I wonder if that person is some sort of entrepreneur or...yea, I have no clue. Perhaps he came out high school when the economy was better...

About the original question: I'm sending out about 20-30 resumes a day while currently working a temp to perm (hopefully I'll be made permanent ! *crosses fingers*).

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

28 months ago

MyNeu Job in Austin, Texas said: Would love to know how somebody can make six figures with just a high school education?

Lot of blue collar union jobs in NY after overtime make 150k easily.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

28 months ago

guest in San Francisco, California said: Unfortunately one has to always be looking for work even when one is employed. I usually make 10 to 20 resumes a week but most of the job searching is simply direct contact with people. The job market is simply BAD.

This is true. Whether you have been employed for twenty minutes or twenty years, you always need to know of at least three other places that might have a need for your skills. You also need to network constantly now. Don't become complacent. No job is forever anymore.

Otherwise, you will be sending off 20 resumes a week and doing a lot of praying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Jeff in Denver, Colorado said: I've applied for around 200 jobs in the last 3 months. I did get a few responses, and even several phone screenings.

200 Wow!

Maybe 3 a week for myself.

No more Six Million Dollar Man reruns until I send out 5 today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: 200 Wow!

Maybe 3 a week for myself.

No more Six Million Dollar Man reruns until I send out 5 today.

You know why 3 a week...I don't want a throw away job just in the interim.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Average in Medford, Massachusetts

28 months ago

They work in sales.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin

28 months ago

My next door neighbor makes over 100k. He started in the company very young and worked his way up. He never took a filled out an application (has never even seen one), never had to write a resume, and never took a college class in his life. He also has no clue what it is like to struggle looking for a job or has never been laid off in his life. Probably one of the nicest people you could ever meet.

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin

28 months ago

My neighbor works for a printing company. He takes care of the clients.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Saul Goodman in United Kingdom

28 months ago

Average in Medford, Massachusetts said: They work in sales.

Yea of course it's possible to make 125k in sales or maybe a union job (even though they're dying off...) in a large city, as someone mentioned above, but at 24/25/26 years old? Surely that's not anywhere near the norm for any sales agent anywhere at that age.

mimi in Morristown, Tennessee

28 months ago

I go on all those sites plus more to seek full time employment, if there is an ad that says a certain degree required etc... which i dont qualify for then i dont apply, I make sure if ad says anything about required that I in fact do have that exp, but I have applied to prob close to 50 in a week, this also inclds jobs like at kmart sears walmart home depot lowes ross belk etc... I prefer an office job but will accept something else I cant be picky

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin said: My next door neighbor makes over 100k.

Probably one of the nicest people you could ever meet.

It's easy to be nice when your making mucho money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Just Me in Santee, California

28 months ago

Sigh. I just counted. I've applied for 130 jobs so far since finishing my education in May. I've landed one one-month contract job so far.

I do an average of two a day. I sit and I look and I look and I look until I find something I am qualified for. Get call-backs and interviews. I'm to the point I've lowered my standards considerably, but still won't accept part-time minimum wage work.

I remember 5, 10, 15 years ago where the longest it ever took me to get a job was a couple weeks. Usually 3 to 5 applications did the trick. Very disheartening, makes me almost want to give up and stop applying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Over the last month, the answer is a couple a week. Things have dried up again. I'm starting to think, at this point, nothing will happen until January at the earliest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Loch Sheldrake, New York

28 months ago

I do 1 every 2 weeks.

I look at these jobs and I say do I really want to do that friggin BS job and the answer is usually no. Most of these jobs are just throw away type jobs.

Gives me more time to watch nrop anyhow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.