A replay message from human resources department in the company

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

AAA in Israel

16 months ago

I send to one company my resume and a hardware letter that explain my knowledge, experiences and abilities and I explain everything how it connects to the projects that the company is doing and how this knowledge, experiences and abilities that I have can contribute to this company.
Also I wrote in this letter about other researches and projects that the compete companies or labs in the universities in the world are doing now and how it can advance this company and what are my knowledge, experiences and abilities in this researches and projects.
Also I added in the back side of this letter some pictures of me with other projects that I did and are related to this company and pictures of other projects that are related to the company and I have information about these projects and I want to talk about that in the interview.
In this letter I wrote one specific email and I also wrote others information about me and all the contact details of me.
I send this letter with 3 copies with delivery person and I receive the notice that the secretary sign that she receives these 3 letters.
One copy of this colorful letter I sent to the manager of the company, the second copy of this letter I send to the CTO (Chief Technology Officer) of this company and the Third copy I send to the vice CTO of this company.
In the day after that I receive the approval that the letters and the resume that I wrote arrive to the secretary of the company so I send an email to the CTO of the company, in this email I wrote a short notice in this notice I wrote others things that are not in the hardware letter that I send, this letter I send from other email, not the email that I wrote in the hardware letter, in this short letter I wrote:
1. I send to you a hardware letter and this hardware letter waiting for him in your letter box in your company.
2. I wrote him about others projects (that I didn't write in the hardware letter) these projects I read that he were the leader of these projects

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado

16 months ago

What is your question?

AAA in Israel

16 months ago

Continue of my thread
and I write a short explanation of these projects.
3. I wrote him one long question about the require announcement for a position that the company publish so from this question that I ask he understand that I have a lot of knowledge, experience and abilities in this areas but he don't know all the things because all the things are wrote in the hardware letter and also in the resume that are not in this email.
After several hours he send me a replay to this email and write me that he is now in a vocation and because of this he don't open the hardware letter that I sent to him but he will send this email to the human resources department.
After one day I receive an email from the human resources department, this is what they wrote in this email:
"Thank you for your application for a position at our site. We appreciate you taking the time to apply, to meet and to share your credentials with us.
Regretfully, you were not included in the final candidate pool for this position.
However, we will maintain your resume in our files in order to explore future career opportunities that may meet your interests and qualifications
You are welcome to visit our Career page from time to time in order to explore future career opportunities that may meet your interests and qualifications"

The problems from this email are:
1. They send this email only to the email address that I sent from this email address the notice to the CTO of the company, so they didn't see and didn't read the resume and the hardware letter that I sent it with the delivery person.
2. My resume and my hardware letter that I sent to them are not in the computer of this company because I sent it in a hardware format with the delivery person and not with software format.
3. This announcement not publish in the website of the company, I think because they don't want that the competitors will know about the new research - project that they want to do, also in the announcement

AAA in Israel

16 months ago

continue my thread 2
and you also have a lot of knowledge and experiences in all the things that they wrote in this announcement because in the announcement they didn't describe anything so you can understand what they want to do.
They publish this announcement in the board of one lab in the university that is close to the company (approximate 10 Km from the company) and some of the people in this lab have some knowledge and experiences that can help to this research-project and I see this announcement in this board and not in the website because in the website they didn't write this and they write the same thing in the last years they didn't change it, in the website they write that they search after a lot of experts in a lot of different areas that this company are involve.

I am afraid that maybe the secretary through my hardware letters and resumes to the garbage.
I have the email of the manager of this company, the email of the CTO of this company, the email of the vice CTO of this company and the email of the department of the human resources.

I want that they will read and see my hardware letter and the resume that I sent it to them, now I don't know what I need to do for that.
I will glad to read yours ideas and replays about what you think that I need to do in this case.

Bluetea in Texas

16 months ago

AAA in Israel said: continue my thread 2
and you also have a lot of knowledge and experiences in all the things that they wrote in this announcement because in the announcement they didn't describe anything so you can understand what they want to do.
They publish this announcement in the board of one lab in the university that is close to the company (approximate 10 Km from the company) and some of the people in this lab have some knowledge and experiences that can help to this research-project and I see this announcement in this board and not in the website because in the website they didn't write this and they write the same thing in the last years they didn't change it, in the website they write that they search after a lot of experts in a lot of different areas that this company are involve.

I am afraid that maybe the secretary through my hardware letters and resumes to the garbage.
I have the email of the manager of this company, the email of the CTO of this company, the email of the vice CTO of this company and the email of the department of the human resources.

I want that they will read and see my hardware letter and the resume that I sent it to them, now I don't know what I need to do for that.
I will glad to read yours ideas and replays about what you think that I need to do in this case.

Show up in person. Bring pizza and beer. Emails are so easily ignored today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jenab in Austin, Texas

16 months ago

AAA in Israel said: I send to one company my resume and a hardware letter that explain my knowledge, experiences and abilities and I explain everything how it connects to the projects that the company is doing and how this knowledge, experiences and abilities that I have can contribute to this company.

AAA in Israel said: Also I wrote in this letter about other researches and projects that the compete companies or labs in the universities in the world

AAA in Israel said: Also I added in the back side of this letter some pictures of me

AAA in Israel said: I am afraid that maybe the secretary through my hardware letters and resumes to the garbage.

Unfortunately all that work you put into this guaranteed you wouldn't be taken seriously.

Not sure what a "hardware letter" is (do you mean hard copy?).

At least a third of what you described as sending shouldn't have been included. Another third should have been saved for an interview (even an informational interview).

From your own description, you've been spamming them with a lot of information they haven't asked for. Going to the top of a company if you don't have personal connections with them is just wasting your effort, and possibly lessening any chance of getting response from further communication.

If you're genuinely interested in the company, you might want to start again by trying to get an informational interview with someone who is not a senior executive. If you do, make sure that you listen more than talk, keep your questions short but targeted, and try to find out what they're looking for in candidates and might have in the future.

16 months ago

AAA in Israel said: After one day I receive an email from the human resources department, this is what they wrote in this email:
"Thank you for your application for a position at our site. We appreciate you taking the time to apply, to meet and to share your credentials with us.
Regretfully, you were not included in the final candidate pool for this position.
However, we will maintain your resume in our files in order to explore future career opportunities that may meet your interests and qualifications
You are welcome to visit our Career page from time to time in order to explore future career opportunities that may meet your interests and qualifications"
Face it - you were rejected. IMO you were rejected because you were pushy. I agree with jenab that you erred by contacting the top person in the company instead of starting with human resources.

Also, never, ever volunteer a picture of yourself of any kind. Aside from not knowing for sure in whose hands the picture will fall, some people do not photograph well. Some employers fear discrimination problems and simply do not want candidates' pictures.

You tried far too hard. Next time don't try as hard. Follow the employer's instructions on how to apply. Don't try to end-run its procedure. Give the employer only the information it asks for - nothing more. It will ask you for more information if it wants it.

16 months ago

One other observation. I speak only for myself, but your posts were hard to follow. You used unfamiliar terms; e.g. "hardware letter." You used wrong words - e.g. "vocation." Did you mean "vacation"?

You used wrong tenses. Some of your sentences were too long. They were not concise. They could have been divided into two or three shorter ones. If your employment materials are at all similar to your posts, I would strongly suggest you find someone with strong English skills review and proofread your materials before you send them to employers. Employers will throw out your materials if they ramble on and are hard to follow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Average in Medford, Massachusetts

16 months ago

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado said: What is your question?

I think his question is "How's my driving ?"

And I hope it's a joke. I really do.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.