want to confirm if a job posted on indeed.com is from a real reliable company

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

christii in Nagpur, India

27 months ago

Respected Madam/Sir,

In the indeed job site, in the below link, I have seen the job, Work in Oil and Gas Refinery and Relocate to Canada ,Euroshark Petroleum Refinery Canada - India

www.indeed.co.in/Petroleum-Refinery-jobs.

I have applied for the same, and we have received a job offer. I tried calling the phone number they have mentioned, but I am not able to reach it and there is no any website for the company. Can anyone help to let me know if this is a realiable advertisement and a real company. Look forward to hear from you.

Regards

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

- Indeed Host in Austin, Texas

27 months ago

Hi Christii, Thank you for reporting this. I have forwarded this on to our technical team for further investigation. For your privacy and protection, we recommend never giving out sensitive personal information, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction when applying to a job online. If you do not feel comfortable with a particular employer or company, we recommend moving on to other job listings on the site. If you have additional questions, please contact our Customer Support team directly through our contact form here: http://www.indeed.com/support Best of luck with your job search! -Indeed Host

Unhappilyunemployed in Pennsylvania

27 months ago

- Indeed Host in Austin, Texas said: Hi Christii,

Thank you for reporting this. I have forwarded this on to our technical team for further investigation.

For your privacy and protection, we recommend never giving out sensitive personal information, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction when applying to a job online. If you do not feel comfortable with a particular employer or company, we recommend moving on to other job listings on the site.

If you have additional questions, please contact our Customer Support team directly through our contact form here: www.indeed.com/support

Best of luck with your job search!

-Indeed Host

Excellent advice "Indeed Host". Do you also agree that one should never give out their social security number in a job application here? I am starting to see this requested more and more on a basic application and have wondered if that should be reported. I personally stop giving that out, with a note somewhere on the application that I will provide it, should I become a serious candidate after an interview. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

27 months ago

Unhappilyunemployed in Pennsylvania said: Excellent advice "Indeed Host". Do you also agree that one should never give out their social security number in a job application here? I am starting to see this requested more and more on a basic application and have wondered if that should be reported. I personally stop giving that out, with a note somewhere on the application that I will provide it, should I become a serious candidate after an interview. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Numbers from 987-65-4320 to 987-65-4329 are reserved for use in advertisements and testing. Use one of them or switch the last four numbers around of your own.

I am in marketing and 15% of all data on databases is erroneous and on purpose. At least a million people have the telephone number of 86-75-309. Heh!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Numbers from 987-65-4320 to 987-65-4329 are reserved for use in advertisements and testing. Use one of them or switch the last four numbers around of your own.

I am in marketing and 15% of all data on databases is erroneous and on purpose. At least a million people have the telephone number of 86-75-309. Heh!

Excellent idea to get past the scanning software! Do you think that making a notation somewhere on the application that you are willing to give over a real number upon a serious inquiries is necessary? I wouldn't want to ever give an employer any leverage that I filled out an application that wasn't truthful. Sounds silly on my part, but these days, I really think they will use any means to disqualify you before you are even given a chance.

John in Catonsville, Maryland

27 months ago

I did read a comment(perhaps here on indeed, some time ago) that someone got turned down for a job because the provided ss number did not match up with the applicant. Of course the applicant was automatically turned down with no opportunity to explain.....

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

27 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Numbers from 987-65-4320 to 987-65-4329 are reserved for use in advertisements and testing. Use one of them or switch the last four numbers around of your own.

How do you know about this kind of stuff Blue. Have you engaged in criminal activity in your lifetime. Which sister has been down to the police station the most in her lifetime?

To answer Unhappilyunemployed I'm not sure when you tell. But I don't think I would make a notation on the application ahead of time.

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

27 months ago

Identify theft is on the increase too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

27 months ago

John in Catonsville, Maryland said: I did read a comment(perhaps here on indeed, some time ago) that someone got turned down for a job because the provided ss number did not match up with the applicant. Of course the applicant was automatically turned down with no opportunity to explain.....

Personally, I just back out of those apps that interrogate me for Socials and dates, etc. The software is sophisticated enough to show site abandonment - not that they care.

Once in awhile, I will receive an email that tells me that my application is incomplete. Of course it is and it is going to stay that way too.

Too bad, we can't "out" these companies that are doing this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Personally, I just back out of those apps that interrogate me for Socials and dates, etc. The software is sophisticated enough to show site abandonment - not that they care.

Once in awhile, I will receive an email that tells me that my application is incomplete. Of course it is and it is going to stay that way too.

Too bad, we can't "out" these companies that are doing this.

Oh yes....the email that reminds you that you didn't finish an application. I'm getting a steady upswing in those emails. I just can't see giving away so much personal information to a faceless entity.

Wouldn't it be nice if these same companies were forced to include a link in their ads that could show more about how often they lay-off and fire people? It would also help to see the salaries they pay for certain positions.

I'm just darn tired of having to reveal everything about myself to companies that don't even have to list their name in an ad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.