False Ads on INDEED

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Lori in Royal Oak, Michigan

31 months ago

Is there anyone on Indeed who checks the ads that are placed? I live in Michigan and I'm tired of clicking on ads that say Detroit and when you click in the ad, it's for another state. And why when I go on the morning to check ads, say for clerical as an example, it will say 33 new ads and there are only 3 new ads. Also, when I save the jobs, only one will show up in My Saved Jobs, and last but not least, if I go back later in the day, the ads are gone. Who is monitoring what goes on at this site? If there is a need, pay me and I'll be glad to do it. It's extremely frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

31 months ago

My experience is that about 80% of the ads on Indeed are placed by recruiters/agencies. Any ad with ALL CAPS, exclamation points or hype is such an ad. Most, if not all, of the time, these ads are for non-existent jobs and are designed to get you to come in to sign up so the agent meets his quota. Agencies must get some sort of bulk deal with Indeed, as they are prolific posters of ads. It's a cycle of nothing: agency posts ads, people respond and then are called in to sign up, agency posts another ad, repeat the cycle.

Honestly, I don't believe I've ever gotten a phone call from a response I made to an Indeed ad. I've only gotten them from CL, Monster and a local publication's site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Bloomingburg, New York

31 months ago

I would love to see what really goes on behind the scenes on all these websites. The games that are played, how recruiters use these sites, what companies really think of them, etc etc etc?????

- Indeed Host in Austin, Texas

31 months ago

Hi Lori, Thanks for posting in our forums. If you need assistance with your search results and Saved Jobs, please contact our Customer Support team directly here: http://www.indeed.com/support It'd be most helpful if you include the link to the search you conducted on Indeed to receive that job (or jobs) in your results, as well as the exact job title, exact company name, and job location. Once this information is received, our Customer Support team will be able to investigate further. Thanks! Sincerely, Indeed Host www.indeed.com one search - all jobs http://www.indeed.com/support

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nick in Somerville, Massachusetts

31 months ago

Well I've been applying to jobs through this site for 2 years now, and never gotten anywhere. So...I'm not sure what that says. Any interview I've ever gotten has been because I applied on another site, or directly to the company in question's website.

TK in Chicago, Illinois

31 months ago

I guess that explains why we are not getting interviews let alone jobs. Everything is FAKE. Well when IDES wants to know if I am active and available and looking for work, I will show them all the places that I applied to work, and listing its method of contact with no response. Let them investigate and see why I can't get a job.

Lori in Royal Oak, Michigan

31 months ago

- Indeed Host in Austin, Texas said: Hi Lori, Thanks for posting in our forums. If you need assistance with your search results and Saved Jobs, please contact our Customer Support team directly here: www.indeed.com/support It'd be most helpful if you include the link to the search you conducted on Indeed to receive that job (or jobs) in your results, as well as the exact job title, exact company name, and job location. Once this information is received, our Customer Support team will be able to investigate further. Thanks! Sincerely, Indeed Host www.indeed.com one search - all jobs http:

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.