Looking for a job in a different city

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Stpatt87

22 months ago

I'm looking for a job in a different city than I currently live. I don't want another job in my current city - is there any way to set up my account so only employers from the city I want to relocate to can view my résumé? I'm only receiving messages from employers in my current city.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Erik in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

22 months ago

Go to the local online recruitment sites in the cities you are interested in. Place your resume with those sites. For instance in Oklahoma City we have JobsOK.com where you can upload your resume and cover letters. That way the local employers will find you there first.

Bluetea in Texas

22 months ago

Stpatt87 said: I'm looking for a job in a different city than I currently live. I don't want another job in my current city - is there any way to set up my account so only employers from the city I want to relocate to can view my résumé? I'm only receiving messages from employers in my current city.

And put Will Self Relocate at the top of your resume. Many companies have no interest in discussing "relocation expenses" today.

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

22 months ago

For the most part unless your upper mgmt or have a unique skill San Fran is not going to take a chance on a person in Pittsburgh for a 45k a yr gig.

Go look here on Indeed at the resumes posted. Thousands and thous.

Sorry.

When they see Pittsburgh, Miami, Orky Dokey HR in San Fran is just going file your paper.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.