Job Interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

preparing for job interviews. questions, answers, and tips

Current Discussions (1647) - Start a Discussion

ProfessionalLady in Reston, Virginia

Opportunity for Ambitious Six in Washington DC Metro Area

I have an opportunity for six individuals to take advantage of, working with top exclusive industry companies and professionals. Currently for...

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 3 months ago

The Waiting Game - 1 Week In - 12 Replies

I had an in-person interview last Monday so it's been a week and 1 day, and I have not heard anything from the employer. I had a rotational...

Kramer in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 3 months ago

Sending resume via email - 2 Replies

I applied to an assistant position about a week ago and by now haven't received an answer. The position was publish about 2 weeks ago. I am...

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

Updated 3 months ago

Good feedback after interview then nothing..... - 3 Replies

Hi, I wanted to get a bit of advice for a recent job I went for at the start of November. I interviewed for a hedge fund role in London, which I...

Updated 3 months ago

ive had 2 interviews with company. what to do next? - 2 Replies

I was called for a interview with the operations manager, (this is who i have been dealing with the whole process) i interviewed on tuesday and was...

JRF in Saint Paul, Minnesota

Was to have an in person and then...

I applied for a Technology Sales Manager role for a new Italian subsidiary. It was posted on indeed and linked 2 weeks ago.I sent an email via linked...

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 3 months ago

Has anyone here ever used proveit.com - 71 Replies

I did this assessment/test last night and it took 3.5 hours. It consisted of 55 questions for powerpoint, 55 for excel and 55 for Word and then a 3...

Updated 3 months ago

Casual Tone for a Casual Job? Include Resume With Letter of Interest? - 1 Reply

I haven't frequently applied for jobs in a while, but lately have been looking for lower-level, part time work in the general labor area. Many of my...

Updated 3 months ago

When Is It Best to Ask For More Details About A Job Posted? - 1 Reply

At what stage is it best to ask for more details about a position, i.e. shift options, hours flexibility, questions about actual work, etc.? I...

weeza in no man's land

Updated 3 months ago

when to follow up after an interview - 5 Replies

So I had an interview last Friday, there was Martin Luther King day monday so I wasn't expecting to hear anything then. It is now Wednesday. I...

Tiffiney O in Northbrook, Illinois

Updated 3 months ago

A new job requisition needed after interview? - 1 Reply

HR called me 3 weeks ago and told me the interviewers were very pleased with me, but the holidays have held them back. They told me to be patient...

Updated 3 months ago

White board Intervie - 1 Reply

I applied for dataxu for ui position and i have cleared coding challenge, 2.30 hrs skype call where i had discussion with 5 people and now they asked...

Hannah Larsson in Boston, Massachusetts

Updated 3 months ago

Reply to my thank you email post interview - 12 Replies

I am a university lecturer and went for an interview for a new position. I sent a post interview thank you note and within the hour receivd an...

Linda in Farmington, Michigan

Updated 3 months ago

Interview confusion...advice? - 2 Replies

Hey everyone! So here's my situation: I have been in constant contact with an internal recruiter at a company I interviewed four times total since...

JennG25 in Homestead, Florida

Does the employment training guarantee a job? I need help! ASAP

Hello! I'm the middle of a dilemma right now. Last December, I got a Non emergency STS license to work as a STS (Special Transportation Services)...

Bunnymp in Miami, Florida

Westward: PRESS

Westward has been featured in publications and broadcasts locally and around the world. highlights include: GQ, Sunset, Coastal Living, Limite...

weeza in no man's land

Updated 3 months ago

Interview for Sales position at a tech startup; please help with this question. - 1 Reply

One of the major goals in the sales position is going to be separating "actual buying interest" and "halfhearted interest". How would you find out if...

Hannah Larsson in Boston, Massachusetts

Updated 3 months ago

Recruiter told me he'd send my resume to hiring manager - 5 Replies

Yesterday morning, I received an unexpected call from a corporate recruiter, in regards to an application I submitted 2 weeks ago. He began asking me...

NE1 in Somewhere

Updated 3 months ago

should I contact the recruiter again? - Special situation - 1 Reply

Recently I moved to the US and started looking for a job. In October I applied for a position that suit me perfectly (same as former position). But...

Updated 3 months ago

Referrer thank you note - 1 Reply

If I set up an interview for a job seeker with someone from my network, should I send a thank-you note after the interview takes place? Yes the...

NE1 in Somewhere

Updated 3 months ago

Getting called to reschedule a job interview you didn't show up too? - 1 Reply

Last week I have received a call about a recent job I applied too I got called in for a interview and do to me being a new mommy and does know how to...

Updated 3 months ago

I am at the waiting stage after the interview - 4 Replies

I had an interview this week with a company for a position I am highly interested in. The company said they have a few more interviews to conduct...

Michael Smith 3 in Dallas, Texas

Updated 3 months ago

Salary requirement question - 2 Replies

I am applying for a job, it says it will pay $3850 per month. In its employment application, it has a field "Minimum Salary Requirement" should I put...

NE1 in Somewhere

Updated 3 months ago

Got a call back almost a month after the interview. - 1 Reply

After my interview on Dec 1, I was told to expect a decision in 2 or 3 weeks. I received a call last week (4 weeks later) from the HR rep. She told...

NE1 in Somewhere

Updated 3 months ago

Where do you see yourself in 5 years question - 2 Replies

I am currently interviewing for an IT position ( a low end position) but it pays good. In the meantime, I am pursuing another IT specialty by...

NE1 in Somewhere

Updated 3 months ago

Is it considered bad form to send a follow up before the date the hiring manager expected to have made a decision? - 1 Reply

Ex: Interview Dec 15. Seemed to go well. Was told next steps would likely occur sometime around the first couple of weeks of January. I did send a...

- Indeed Host in Austin, Texas

Updated 3 months ago

Fake Email jobs .. Be careful - 17 Replies

if you ever receive this email from jonesray65@yahoo.com> or jacksonray202@yahoo.com Dear Applicant. The HR Department of ( Harvard Pilgrim...

Updated 4 months ago

After Interview snail-decision or move on? - 4 Replies

I interviewed for a firm I really wanted to work for with hiring manager, HM; human resources HR. Interview went well. HM informed me they were...

NE1 in Somewhere

Updated 4 months ago

How to respond to question of salary...if not specified. - 2 Replies

Wondering what to do during an interview if they ask you about salary requirements. Two interviews this week where the salary isn't posted and the...

Plmadlopha@gmail.com in Johannesburg, South Africa

Updated 4 months ago

Interview process at Standard Bank? - 10 Replies

Hi, I applied as a teller at Standard Bank and was contacted in the next few days from there HR department giving me a phone interview. Thing is I...

BCChica in Henderson, Tennessee

Updated 4 months ago

How to improve on interviewing - 3 Replies

Any suggestions on how to improve my interviewing?? like, what is an area you had trouble with but eventually got better with (how did you do...

loknar in Murrieta, California

Updated 4 months ago

Interview - 3 Replies

Hi I recently applied for a bar job and it's going well as they have emailed me asking me a few extra questions. One of the questions is asking me...

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 4 months ago

Do you tell them you have another offer in your interview? - 4 Replies

Ok, Im in a bad situation. I interviewed Friday for a job and was called right after I left and offered it. Now tomorrow I have an interview with...

FlyingMajo in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 4 months ago

What do you find most stressful about interviewing?? - 10 Replies

I was wondering what do other people find most stressful about interviewing? for me it is not know whether I got the job or not. I hate how...

Updated 4 months ago

Using interviewer as a reference? - 1 Reply

I have an unusual situation I'm trying to figure out. I've been working in my current part-time role for over a year now. Recently, a full-time staff...

loknar in Murrieta, California

Updated 4 months ago

Two days after last interviews with no notification yet. Still realistic to believe offer is still possible? - 11 Replies

Hi all. A month ago I applied to an internal position at my current company. I have some support from not only the person I would be replacing but...

LDYRMBO

Updated 4 months ago

Bait & Switch job interview tactics - 38 Replies

Does anyone know what laws, if any, govern companies who call you in for an interview for a specific position (non-sales) and once at their site,...

CareerGet in Makati City, Philippines

Updated 4 months ago

Post job interview thank you email - 6 Replies

Hi guys, I recently interviewed at a bank for a financial service role and it went pretty well. I was well prepared and brought a very good...

Anonymous in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Updated 4 months ago

Received benefits package but no offer? - 2 Replies

So I recently interviewed for a position and feel that the interview went extremely well. After my interview, I received a benefits packet but have...

NE1 in Somewhere

Updated 4 months ago

Asking potential supervisor how they like the company - 1 Reply

I currently am in the running for a position which I have done much research on. The reviews on the specific company have been fairly mixed, but more...

Burt Lange in middletown, New York

Updated 4 months ago

I had like four job interviews this week - 7 Replies

Like really good jobs. I didn't pass one exam (I got an 80% and the passing score was 90%), I came in second for another job and was offered a sub...

TracieSparkles in New York, New York

Updated 4 months ago

What are some soft skills that an employer likes to hear in an interview? - 5 Replies

Say you are qualified for the position but they want to make sure you are a good fit. What do they want to hear? For example, I have learned that...

NeedRealJob in Saint Louis, Missouri

Updated 4 months ago

Recruiter was rude has wasted lot of my time - 6 Replies

Hello all, So this has happened to me previously. Can you please advice me on how I can prevent this happening to anyone else? Very recently a...

TracieSparkles in New York, New York

Updated 4 months ago

Thank you notes - from the employer? - 31 Replies

I had a really good interview last week. And after I sent my thank you note, I actually received a thank you note back from the hiring manager...

NE1 in Somewhere

Updated 4 months ago

A Confusing Series of Events.... - 2 Replies

Hello and thanks in advance for your time! I spoke with a contact at a company I'm looking to work for. He happened to be a hiring manager for...

Updated 4 months ago

Overthinking too much? - 1 Reply

Today I had a phone interview with a manager for a temp position. Thankfully I had been interviewing all week so I was prepared for most of the...

Tiffiney O in Northbrook, Illinois

Updated 5 months ago

Did I Blow My Chances ? - 5 Replies

Hello, I recently had a interview for a middle management position in a large company. I nailed the interview and received a call the same day to...

David in Nutley, New Jersey

Updated 5 months ago

A Confusion Series of Events - 1 Reply

Hello and thanks in advance for your time! I spoke with a contact at a company I'm looking to work for. He happened to be a hiring manager for...

NE1 in Somewhere

Updated 5 months ago

Being The Top External Candidate Competing Against an Internal Candiate - 5 Replies

I interviewed for an administrative (billing) position last week (it's been exactly a week). After the interview I did the usual thank you & follow...

xboxer in Tucson, Arizona

Updated 5 months ago

Scheduling interviews by rank - 5 Replies

If you are invited to interview for a job after an exam, is there some system in how they determine which candidate gets what time? For example, is...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.