Job Interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

preparing for job interviews. questions, answers, and tips

Current Discussions (1846) - Start a Discussion

Burt Lange in Albany, New York

Updated 3 months ago

Has an employer ever tell you to "keep looking" after an interview? - 5 Replies

I recently applied for a position at this company that has 2 vacancies. The HR rep called and conducted a telephone interview. He then emailed me a...

Updated 3 months ago

Background Check and No call back?? - 1 Reply

So on September 24 I had a great interview at a University. I really thought it went well and genuinely had a great time! Three days after the...

Updated 3 months ago

Is it bad form to keep re-applying? - 5 Replies

Hello all Will try to keep this simple so will just keep to the high points. Also I know this isn't directly on for this section, but is...

Sick Of It All in backwoods, California

Dishonesty the best policy in my interview!?!?

I know honesty is the best policy, but please read: I was given the option to resign last August, I did. Two wees ago I had a first interview...

Moose1973 in Phoenix, Arizona

Dishonesty the best policy in my interview today!?!?

I know honesty is the best policy, but please read: I was given the option to resign last August, I did. Two wees ago I had a first interview...

Catherine in Ballwin, Missouri

Updated 3 months ago

An employer lied to me in an interview - 13 Replies

I applied for an HR job 3 weeks ago. I had an interview, then had to take a personality test, then five spelling/math tests and then a final...

jobconcerns in Phoenix, Arizona

Updated 3 months ago

Fired and rehired at the same company - 2 Replies

Hi there, Weird situation .. What if you were fired from a company and two weeks later hired back at the same company and you are now looking for...

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

Updated 3 months ago

HR manager saying something different now - 1 Reply

So this August I was asked to resign from a job at a hotel I had for 10 years. I should mention it is this hotel's policy to only reveal employment...

Julie in San Francisco, California

Updated 3 months ago

How to response to Indeed Email? - 8 Replies

I applied a position and received an email from Human Resource. They asked me to have an interview. But I have not got any replies since then. In...

Richard Yadon in Franklin, Tennessee

Updated 3 months ago

Signs a phone interview went well - 4 Replies

So I completed a phone interview with a hiring manager 10 days ago. I thought it went pretty well- it felt more like a conversation, the interviewer...

Updated 3 months ago

Job reposting - 19 Replies

Is it common for a job opening to be resposted before the initial interviews are complete? I was a bit discouraged this morning to see a repost for...

Updated 3 months ago

Employer ask to call after an on-site interview..what does that mean? - 4 Replies

Hi, I had an on-site interview with a company last Tuesday. And it was the last round. I just got an email from the executive director asking to...

Updated 3 months ago

Will he get back to me??? - 2 Replies

I went to an estate agency last year for work experience when I was 16. Since then I have passed my driving test (which is pretty much essential for...

Trying to Help in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 3 months ago

Hiring Manager wants me to tell my boss I'm interviewing - 3 Replies

My former boss and I have both left the company we worked for (Company S). She is at a company with an open position (Company H) and I am not being...

Jason in New York, New York

Con Ed Technical Interview Help

I'm a mechanical engineering senior and I'm applying to their GOLD program. Does anyone know what technical interview questions they ask? Or to...

John in MD in Catonsville, Maryland

Updated 3 months ago

Have I ruined my chances of getting this job? - 3 Replies

So I interviewed with a company three times. The third interview was last week on Wednesday and they told me that they will be making a decision by...

Career SkyRocket LLC in Pontiac, Michigan

Updated 3 months ago

Company won't negotiate offer - 5 Replies

I have a good offer from a company and I've always been taught to negotiate. I countered for only 5K more and they won't budge. I even asked for...

Updated 3 months ago

interview questions regarding £ - 1 Reply

could/should you say in an interview that money is not the reason you want to work, that you main priority is finding a position in which you will be...

Updated 3 months ago

How do retail store managers/hiring managers screen so many applicants? - 1 Reply

So you are a store manager - how do you go about hiring sales associates to work in your store? I am finding I am getting hundreds of applications...

Dman in Doha, Qatar

REPORTING ENGINEER

Please can someone tell me what interview questions is to be expected as Reporting Engineer

Shingami in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 3 months ago

"May we contact your current employer?" - 29 Replies

Is there a right way to answer this question? I had a job interview two weeks ago (I didn't get the job...typical.) On the application, they asked if...

Mike in Los Angeles, California

Updated 3 months ago

Employer wants a quick follow up call..What does that mean? - 1 Reply

I was flown in to interview with a VP and a CEO of a company for a Director position. The next day I was contacted to have a phone interview with...

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 3 months ago

Can you ask salary questions via email? - 5 Replies

Can you ask salary questions via email? I had an in person meeting that went well. They asked me to comeback, meet the Marketing team and the...

Updated 3 months ago

When is the best time to learn a company's history? - 1 Reply

I'm planning on applying to jobs soon and I was wondering when should I do this? Let say I have applied to a job, when do I start learning the...

Updated 4 months ago

Bad Interview - 5 Replies

I had a job interview yesterday and it went ok,but I could have done better. The office was small and there was a lot of traffic in and out the...

fincom in Greater Toronto, Ontario

Updated 4 months ago

Financial Advisor & Improvement of Business Model - Position - 7 Replies

Hi Guys, I have been offered a position in a brokerage firm as a FA. The clients are already present so no cold calling or running around for...

Patrick in Los Angeles, California

Need some feedback on this plan involving finding a job and a serious criminal charge

I'm not going into details but I know I am being investigated by the police for a serious crime. I have neither been charged nor convicted so my...

Updated 4 months ago

interview question "what are your weaknesses"? - 18 Replies

Can anyone give advice on how to answer the question "what are your weaknesses" when applying for jobs or when they ask you during an interview....

Chris in Los Angeles, California

Updated 4 months ago

What should I say about my job history and experience? Need advice on my situation, also to turn down a job I accepted? - 11 Replies

After high school I worked at a retail job for less than 6 months while I was at a CC, after that I did nothing while still at school. I started...

Chris in Los Angeles, California

Updated 4 months ago

How long does it take to get a call back from Best Buy after the 2nd interview? - 1 Reply

Hello, On Monday, September 28th, I had my 2nd interview with the GM at my local Best Buy. I thought I did pretty well in the interview, and went...

Updated 4 months ago

Thank you notes after interview - 23 Replies

I have officially stopped sending thank you notes. They do no good, make no difference and are a waste of time.

Updated 4 months ago

Steering clear of managers with linkedin profiles - 4 Replies

Lately, when researching a job, I've been avoiding those managers whom have linkedin profiles. To me, the linkedin crowd are the "corporate drone"...

Updated 4 months ago

How to follow up after sending a Thank You Letter? - 13 Replies

I had two interviews the week of September 21st, on Monday and Tuesday. I wrote both of the managers that I spoke to a thank you letter, that they...

realism37 in Georgia

Updated 4 months ago

What were some of the most outrageous job demands you've seen with low-paying employers? - 8 Replies

I often see AA or EA positions where you have to have proficiency in various software programs, years of relevant experience, take the job seriously...

sebastien in Bordeaux, France

Updated 4 months ago

I dropped out of grad school and I was one class short of graduating - 2 Replies

I was working on my Master's in Public Administration through a reputation state college. All of my classmates were either entry level or managerial...

Updated 4 months ago

Tricks to get interviews - 1 Reply

I read that you should post keywords at the bottom of your resume and then change the font color to white so it appears invisible. If your resume...

Updated 4 months ago

Interview questions about overtime - 3 Replies

As I understand it, if you are salaried and need to work outside your normal hours then that is expected and you are not comped. I've been on...

Updated 4 months ago

Have you ever had a psycho interviewer? - 2 Replies

I was doing a second interview for an Executive Assistant. The HR guy said that it would consist of a phone call from the CEO's wife. If that wasn't...

Updated 4 months ago

Misconceptions about references - 1 Reply

1. References cannot say anything bad about you or you can sue them. Not true. As long as they don't lie, they are in the clear. For example, they...

fincom in Greater Toronto, Ontario

Updated 4 months ago

No official offer, asking start date, AND I received promotion. Help! - 3 Replies

I recently was given a tentative job offer for a position that I had interviewed for. I have some questions about the job, and I'd like to talk about...

Henry in Los Angeles, California

Updated 4 months ago

Deciphering double-talk in a failed job interview - 2 Replies

So I've been aggressively looking for work for about two months. I've been fortunate in that I have been getting interviews for positions in sectors...

Updated 4 months ago

We are interviewing more candidates will let you know accordingly. - 2 Replies

Hi, I attended an interview 2 weeks back. A week after the interview, I wrote a follow up requesting an update. They replied that they were...

Brittnie in Kutztown, Pennsylvania

Do not trust job offers from "adp company" from a Ahu Yilidimarz

This person completely tricked me! I wish I had known what I know now before I ever got involved with them. Everything seems legit. They sent me an...

Nieve Job Candidate in Baltimore, Maryland

Made Mistake: Accepted Verbal Job Offer (Nothing Written) and Gave 2 Weeks Notice at Current Job

I had a strong interview for a position I really want about 15 days ago. Hours after my interview, I was asked for my reference list. 10 days later,...

pinklemonade5006 in Colorado

HR manager followed up with me.. Kind of strange?

Sorry I posted this in the wrong section before:) Hi everyone so I am a bit confused. I had a phone interview on Wednesday last week with a...

PatLipton in Apex, North Carolina

Job Interview Questions & Answers - Free Ebook Giveaway

Questioning Your Way to Your Dream Job... Or ANY JOB! Tips and suggestions on questions to answer (and ask) during telephone and face-to-face...

Updated 4 months ago

Should i follow up and how? - 1 Reply

I had an interview at a potential employer last Wednesday, did the first interview and then she had me do the second interview with the department I...

Coll in Tonawanda, New York

Updated 4 months ago

Thank you letter mistake - 10 Replies

Today I followed up an interview with a thank you letter, to be quick I just pulled a previous email sent and changed a few things to forward on to...

Sick Of It All in backwoods, California

Updated 4 months ago

Bait and Switch Hiring... legal? - 4 Replies

My bait and switch scenario is different then those where compensation was changed after hire. This is where my title and responsibilities changed...

Updated 4 months ago

Craigs List - 2 Replies

Hello all, As you can see by one topic of "Job Hoax" on this forum, there are now scams abound from people simply using career/job sites such as...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.