Job Interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

preparing for job interviews. questions, answers, and tips

Current Discussions (2328) - Start a Discussion

QualityLife

Updated 29 days ago

Rejected after reference check - 3 Replies

Don't beat yourself up thinking about it. If you didn't have the other two references then there's nothing you could've done to avoid the situation....

NeedAnAnswer

Updated 1 month ago

Onsite Interview Went Great. How Long Before I Hear Back? - 6 Replies

[QUOTE who="Rich in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania"]You should probably consider that you may be getting passed around for busy work. Have you talked...

TGPII

Tomorrow I have an interview for the following position: http://rockriverymca.org/AboutUs/Employment/ Does anyone have any adv

Tomorrow I have an interview for the following position: http://rockriverymca.org/AboutUs/Employment/ Does anyone have any advice or know anyone?...

Ms Doppelganger

Updated 1 month ago

Frustrated Underemployed Rant Part II - 83 Replies

"Boss" by Cutbu http://goo.gl/7WStpy Transcript for the hyperlinkphobic *Employee cleaning an office room* Employee:"Man this building...

ethoma12002

Updated 1 month ago

Is it legal for companies to ask what year you graduated OR a birthdate - 29 Replies

It is not illegal to ask anything. It is only illegal if you use age, sex, religion, etc. as a basis to discriminate. If the candidate does not get...

Special Snowflake

Updated 1 month ago

Waiting on final result of job interview - 5 Replies

[QUOTE who="AndyRising in a State of Bliss"]It's always a mistake to have a "dream job." It almost always leads to disappointment.[/QUOTE] True......

AndyRising

Updated 1 month ago

Does this mean its an interview? - 4 Replies

Unless it's a high-end restaurant, I'd wear "business casual" to the interview. Khakis and a nice shirt (for men). Or if the staff wear something...

Special Snowflake

Updated 1 month ago

Any Experience with Suspicious Recruiters? - 4 Replies

[QUOTE who="Catchup54 in Newark, California"]Just recently got back to the job market in a many years, and poseded my resume in numerous websites. ...

Rich

Updated 1 month ago

Received rejection letter stating they have selected another candidate but job is still posted - 5 Replies

[QUOTE who="Butterfly Lady in Monroe, Wisconsin"]So they send me a letter in the mail which are rare today, that they selected another candidate,...

AndyRising

Updated 1 month ago

I have a few different job quesitons: - 1 Reply

The easy question first... you access LinkedIn groups under the Interests tab. There's a My Groups option on that tab. I suppose it shows your...

TGPII

YMCA of Rock River Valley. If so please contact me. Thank you.

Does anyone know anything about YMCA of Rock River Valley. If so please contact me. Thank you.

whamp

Updated 1 month ago

Second Interview - What does it mean? - 8 Replies

what does it mean when indeed.com jobs says interviewing?

Ruby Slippers

Updated 1 month ago

3 weeks since Job Interview - 17 Replies

[QUOTE who="TRUTH in Greenwood, Indiana"]Let's be 100% honest. When someone says "it's just business" that's their excuse for treating...

Jessica

Updated 1 month ago

situation - 5 Replies

Hi, I think it's a very good sign that they asked for your references and inviting you for a second interview but as Andy mentioned, you are most...

Jessica

Practice your job interview questions and get professional feedback

Practicing your answers before the job interview is one of the key success factors. Practice out loud in front of the mirror, with...

Jessica

Updated 1 month ago

Weakness answer in interviews - 5 Replies

The number one rule is to talk about a weakness that: 1) You are already working to improve (be specific about the actions and results you have...

AndyRising

Updated 1 month ago

Uniuqe situation needing advice - 3 Replies

http://www.google.com/search?q=explain+employment+gap+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Ruby Slippers

Updated 1 month ago

A job ad does not post the job salary. What is the best way to find the salary and benefits without sending the wrong signal? - 1 Reply

[QUOTE who="tgpii in Chicago, Illinois"]A job ad does not post the job salary. What is the best way to find the salary and benefits without sending...

hercules

Interview question

Interview

AndyRising

Updated 1 month ago

Salvation Army - 1 Reply

The only places I've found that do paper applications are either very local businesses (companies that have one location) or impoverished social...

Jobseeker1927

Salvation Army

Filled out the paper app I got from them recently. Called a bit ago, to find out its status, only to be told that they're not taking paper apps...

Zeb

Updated 1 month ago

Has anyone here ever used proveit.com - 110 Replies

If the software you were tested on was QuickBooks, your description is completely accurate. The prove it test that I took on QuickBooks was exactly...

AndyRising

Updated 1 month ago

Including Unaccredited Work in Your Work Portfolio - 2 Replies

Sounds like a plan.

fcdfs

Updated 1 month ago

The process so far... Your thoughts? - 3 Replies

[QUOTE who="Interiorelectric in Nashville, Tennessee"]I'm definitely applying for other jobs, and I'm getting a lot of great responses. This is the...

Holly

Updated 1 month ago

Spending hours on apps with NO RESPONSE - 24 Replies

Have you tried One Hope United? http://onehopeunited.org/locations

Sean Shane

Updated 1 month ago

References were called, good reviews, whats the next step? - 5 Replies

Interviewed by Hiring Manager last month Interviewed by HR generalist 2 weeks ago Asked by Hiring Manager to work with HR for references to MAKE...

designer bee

Updated 1 month ago

Question... - 1 Reply

Management doesn't make mistakes. Just ask them. It's always the employees fault that they got laid off. It doesn't matter if there was a lack of...

Mongoose Lover

Updated 1 month ago

Is Menard's A Good Place to Work? - 6 Replies

[QUOTE who="AndyRising in a State of Bliss"]"Mr. Mongoose Sr., sir, we understand that your son has been posting nasty messages about us on the...

dontdoit

Updated 1 month ago

How to response to Indeed Email? - 8 Replies

[QUOTE who="Augustus in Vancouver, British Columbia"]I applied a position and received an email from Human Resource . They asked me to have an...

AndyRising

Updated 1 month ago

Application Date Moving - 1 Reply

I'd give up on that job. While things can change in a business that may cause them to cancel or delay a job posting, I've never heard of one that...

Yvette

Any luck in temping

Looking at all the postings on job boards from staffing firms having temp to hire jobs what are the chances that the temp assignment becomes a perm...

Lalalagirl

Insight on state hiring process

Hi all - Applied for a child protective agency state social worker job in November 2016. Interviewed with 3 offices in the last week of November,...

Ruby Slippers

Updated 1 month ago

Thank You Letter Blunder - 2 Replies

[QUOTE who="ashtond in Pawnee, Indiana"]I had a very nice and fruitful interview today at the end of which the interviewer (sr. manager) took me to...

Trying to Help

Updated 1 month ago

Not hearing back after a test and follow-up. - 4 Replies

I wouldn't assume you didn't get it. I would assume they are continuing through the process. Remember hiring managers are already down at least one...

Trying to Help

Updated 1 month ago

Who decides which candidates are selected for phone interviews - 1 Reply

Literally every company is different. There is no right answer to your question.

Duck!

Updated 1 month ago

Would company stop interviews if they found someone that they really liked? - 6 Replies

[QUOTE who="Ruthhawk258 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania"]Hmm what's this email (below) really mean - had excellent telephone interview, received...

Duck!

Updated 1 month ago

Asked for salary range and was too high - 3 Replies

As Andy said, if their high-point is "a few thousand under" your low point, then you will be entering with your salary already maxed out. So be sure...

Trying to Help

Updated 1 month ago

Salary Expectation conversation - 3 Replies

Wait until you get to that point in the interview process. You gave them a number, but it isn't firm yet because you haven't actually interviewed...

Trying to Help

Updated 1 month ago

To follow up or not - 3 Replies

I wouldn't read into it, especially at this time of year. I would reach out again early next week (I prefer Tuesdays) and let them know you are...

If You Get Caught Between the Moon and

Updated 1 month ago

How to follow up after sending a Thank You Letter? - 15 Replies

Last year was my watershed moment: I'm now no longer gonna send thank-you emails [unless I receive an offer email/letter]. I used to use a...

lynzb

Updated 1 month ago

my interview process and questions.. - 3 Replies

its so painful... the waiting :([QUOTE who="Defeated Scrooge in Baltimore, Maryland"]Totally agree! It's the worst part of the process. You have to...

AndyRising

Updated 1 month ago

Salary Question - 1 Reply

Yes, your question should follow their question. In my experience, most of the time when I'm asked what salary (or range of salary) I expect, and I...

Trying to Help

Updated 1 month ago

Age discrimination - 8 Replies

If they ask you how many years left you want to work, if they say they don't think you can learn the new skills, if they say it may require more...

AndyRising

Updated 1 month ago

Lunch Interview Followup - 1 Reply

Anytime now would be good. It's after the holidays so people are getting back to work. Send that updated resume,and include a cover letter where you...

GisAJob!

Updated 1 month ago

Anyone else tired of rude employers during interviews? - 480 Replies

[QUOTE who="vicquefassinger in Cleveland, Ohio"]If you can look at every interview as an opportunity ....[/QUOTE] ...then you can probably look at...

Trying to Help

Updated 1 month ago

I'm Scared I Irritated A Job Recruiter - 4 Replies

If she was irritated at you for asking the question, hope you don't get the job. These people are always more difficult to deal with, especially when...

Ruby Slippers

Updated 2 months ago

What Keeps You Motivated? - 3 Replies

[QUOTE who="AndyRising in a State of Bliss"] But I've recently started working part-time. Minimum wage, no benefits, no future, and sometimes it's a...

JCBrown

Uber Driver

Has anyone ever tried working for Uber? See pop ups every now and them but wondered if anyone has done it.

TheColourfulMe

4pg Resume and Cover letter Designs now $13.95 available for purchase

Save Time !! https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/TheColourfulMe

anonymous

Updated 2 months ago

Test Topic - 15 Replies

I am a cookie

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.