Job Interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

preparing for job interviews. questions, answers, and tips

Current Discussions (2716) - Start a Discussion

Intle1974 in Sydney, Australia

Updated 2 months ago

Jobs That Don’t Require Experience? - 22 Replies

I’m in my 40s and haven’t worked in several years, due to health issues. I used to have parents who helped me, but now they’re gone. When parents...

Suburban_Gal in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin

Updated 2 months ago

To follow up or not follow up what difference does it really make (if any)? - 8 Replies

I have followed up in the past when it was possible and there were times where I didn’t follow up and the outcome was the same I didn’t get the job....

JessF in A Sandy Beach

Updated 2 months ago

Did this hiring manager give me the brush off? - 1 Reply

I had a phone interview that went rather well nearly a week ago. So well in fact that the interviewer expressed interest in getting together in...

anxious in Woodbridge, Virginia

Dream job, dream interview ... silence

Do you think I'll get a job offer? I'm so tired of obsessing about this! Applied for what is truly my dream job in a dream location. All of my career...

AtExit8 in City, New Jersey

Updated 2 months ago

PriceWaterHouseCoopers Interview - Job Cancelled - 12 Replies

I wanted to get some insight into a situation I feel was extremely unprofessional and borderline unethical. Nearly three months ago, I applied for a...

Struggling to Find Full-Time Work in Silver Spring, Maryland

Updated 2 months ago

The strangest and most frustrating wait for an offer ever - needing advice. - 4 Replies

I was recommended to a firm in LA in which the fit is absolutely rare. - 6 weeks ago they scheduled a phone interview. It went great, they loved...

Updated 2 months ago

Need Closure - can i email HR asking if I am not considered anymore? - 3 Replies

Is it kosher to email HR and ask if you aren't being considered anymore? I only ask this because I reached the end of all the crazy interviews and...

Anonymous in Lexington, Kentucky

Spectrum Financial Alliance

Scam. Applied for marketing position. Then at interview was pitched offer to sell financial products to small businesses by a smart mouth financial...

Michelle in Fenton, Missouri

Updated 2 months ago

Big City vs. Small Town Job Prospects? - 3 Replies

So, I am desperately seeking a job after being out of work for a long time. I haven’t had much luck here in San Francisco, but the opportunities here...

big-d in Marysville, Ohio

Updated 2 months ago

Should i follow up agian? - 2 Replies

Hello! So I have been stressed about a job that I applied to back in August. I was offered an interview in October, and a week later my references...

Struggling To Find Full-Time Work in Silver Spring, Maryland

Updated 2 months ago

Can HR make or break an offer even after you gaged that the hiring team likes you? - 4 Replies

My interviews usually has HR gatekeeping the interview process in the beginning, which could be a hinder. But luckily for one of my interviews the...

Jobs And Careers Advice Forum in Piscataway, New Jersey

Updated 2 months ago

How would you react to an employer you interviewed with weeks ago calling you up and offering you the job now? - 5 Replies

Let’s say you had a great interview with a potential employer, you really hit it off and had great answers for all of their questions you asked...

Mean Mike in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Updated 2 months ago

Hiring/interview process at Lowe's - 364 Replies

I filled out 7 apps online for a local new construction. Was called and told to complete Secondary Survey and call back. Did that -went to interview...

MAH1 in Providence, Rhode Island

Updated 2 months ago

Interviews you're getting vs. applications you're sending - 32 Replies

How many interviews are you getting compared to how many applications/resumes you've sent? I'm looking for real numbers from real people, not "you...

UpperMidwest in Saint Paul, Minnesota

Updated 2 months ago

Fairly Low-Stress Non-Desk Jobs that Pay a Middle Class Income or Higher? - 1 Reply

I am interested in generating a list of fairly low stress non-desk jobs that pay a middle class or higher salary. Additionally, I would like some...

Trying to Help in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 2 months ago

Got called right back to interview more - 23 Replies

Recently I applied for a senior role for a company through headhunter and the interview was scheduled for 1.5 - 2 hours. I had to meet with 2...

Confusedhelp in Boston, Massachusetts

Updated 2 months ago

HR postponed decision several times - 2 Replies

Here's what happens. After my interview, the HR promised to let me know the result within a week. Then precisely after a week has passed, I received...

Matthew in El Centro, California

Updated 2 months ago

group job interview at khols - 67 Replies

I have a group interview tomorrow at khols has anyone else had one of these interviews with them and could you tell me what it is like I know each...

Updated 2 months ago

If You Find Yourself A Victim Of Discrimination On The Job Hunt Is There Anyway To Prove It/Anything That Can Be Done About It? - 6 Replies

People seem interested and eager to pretty much offer me the job until they meet me in person and at that point any and all interest they may have...

Abbey in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 2 months ago

So Rude For Prospective Employer to Not Follow Up - 10 Replies

I interviewed for a company the beginning of July (over six weeks ago now). I thought I had a great interview and that my qualification were a great...

Marv in Trenton, New Jersey

Have You Ever Felt Compelled To Walk Out Of An Interview For This Reason Alone?

It has become abundantly clear that they aren’t the least bit interested in you, you prepared for tough, probing questions and came up with a list of...

Coast to Coast Job Fairs - sounds like a scam

I saw a few posts on here for job fairs hosted by Coast to Coast. I looked it up and read a lot of bad reviews about it. From what I looked up, there...

Updated 2 months ago

No Longer Being Considered For A Position That Has Remained Vacant For Quite Some Time. Should I Take Any Action? - 2 Replies

I applied for this position a while ago and was removed from consideration just over a week ago but the position is still open and has not been...

Jason Swett in Big Rapids, Michigan

Updated 2 months ago

Invited to a Facility Tour and Lunch/Dinner - How good are my chances? - 3 Replies

Hello all, Note: I will have to submit a comment along with this post due to word limits. A couple of months ago, I applied for a position in...

Interview in Mount Prospect, Illinois

Updated 2 months ago

After Second Interview - 1 Reply

Hey guys, I am anxious and cannot eat well or sleep well over my second interview and would like some input. I had the first interview on phone...

Philips Pet Food and Supplies in Denver, Colorado

Interview waste of time

So, this big company offering full time employment has recruiters working out of different states. You apply for the job and get the interview. The...

Big Jim in Trenton, New Jersey

Updated 2 months ago

Do employers discriminate against people with lisps? - 4 Replies

Hi folks, I'm in the UK and despite having past work experience, custom CVs for each employer and good covering letters and references, I can't get a...

rockyatx in Austin, Texas

SDR Role play Interview

Hello all, I am looking for some tips I have a role play call for an SDR role with a software company. Let me know if you can help they are...

IndeedJoe in Seattle, Washington

Updated 2 months ago

Current Salary question... - 6 Replies

Applying for jobs and wondering how yall answer the current salary question. I'm unemployed right now, so the REAL answer is $0, but I obviously...

Updated 2 months ago

Reaching out after rejection? - 1 Reply

I had an interview that took me the whole day, met with five people and I thought it went well except for one out of the five. The hiring manager...

EA in Newmarket, Ontario

Updated 2 months ago

salary after training - 2 Replies

hello, I finished training in a center and the manager told me that I got the job. I got paid for the training of course but we were supposed to...

Kenny in Astoria, New York

Preparing for the next job interview

My entire company is downsizing, and I am worried that my position could be next. One year ago, I left my long-term job to join another company as...

Big Jim in Trenton, New Jersey

Updated 2 months ago

Heard Nothing Back After A Second Overall/First In Person Interview Should I Assume I Didn’t Get The Job And Move On? - 1 Reply

I interviewed for a position I really wanted about two weeks ago and have heard crickets since. Should I just assume I didn’t get it and move on or...

Greatsoccerman1 in Little Rock, Arkansas

Updated 2 months ago

Recruiter said - 2 Replies

I had an interview two Fridays ago and I followed up today. I left so much time since it was thanksgiving. The recruiter responded and said "the team...

JessF in A Sandy Beach

Updated 2 months ago

Very very concerned about background check - 3 Replies

I'm a senior in college and recently landed my dream job. Part of the process is a background check that includes employment verification. I had an...

Kelley in Baltimore, Maryland

Updated 2 months ago

Google Hangout interview - 6 Replies

I received a response from a job that I applied to and they scheduled me for a Google Hangout interview. Date & time were set and they sent me a...

Updated 2 months ago

Always "Next week" - 16 Replies

So I am stuck in limbo. I have been interviewing for a job, and the time that has gone between interviews makes me think that I am out of the...

Jono in Trenton, New Jersey

Not Allowed To Proceed With Online Application Until I Opt Out Of The Tax Credit Screening At That Time.

This happened a few times when filling out online job applications. It gets to the tax/credit screening and asks for my name/other info and social...

Testuser in Newark, New Jersey

Updated 2 months ago

Apply for 2nd position - 2 Replies

Hello, I applied for a position several months ago for a great job. I think I made it to the final round but have not heard anything back in over...

Real Estate Development Attorney in Rohnert Park, California

Updated 2 months ago

Masters in Real Estate Development - 2 Replies

Hello, I would have posted this in the career advice forum, however it appears to be down at the moment. Moving forward, I have questions...

JessF in A Sandy Beach

Application Feedback

Have you applied for a job, gone through some type of assessment, and then been notified you're no longer being considered for the job? If that's...

Updated 2 months ago

Why do staffing firms waste money posting Fake Ads? - 174 Replies

Hey Office Team, Staffing Now and all others who post countless ads online. WHY? It just wastes my time sifting through the junk. It isn't free to...

ForgottenApplicantAndAlmostGivenUp in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 2 months ago

Not sure which weaknesses I should give during interview? - 1 Reply

I have an upcoming interview at a local electronics retailer for a part time cashier position but it is possible that could also offer me a part time...

Updated 2 months ago

Confused -- 3 Interviews - 2 different Jobs - 1 company - 1 Reply

A little background:I applied at a smaller company 5 locations roughly 300 employees. The day after I applied I got a voice message that they would...

Updated 2 months ago

backgound & reference checked yet no offer - 4 Replies

Below is my recent experience 10/10 apply online 10/18 HR called and set up on-site interview 10/20 interviewed with hiring manager(HM) 10/24...

Average Joe in Quakertown, Pennsylvania

Advice on multiple interviews/offers from the same company

Hey guys. So I am in a difficult situation and hope you can provide some insight. Recently, I had two interviews from the same company, but different...

Updated 2 months ago

Advice Needed - 1 Reply

Could use some quick advice... Interviewed for a job I'm very interested in. Did a phone screen with the department head (who's a friend of a...

AdDan in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 3 months ago

Suggestions needed ! - 7 Replies

Last week I had interviewed for my dream company. So the recruiter first hunted me through LinkedIn, after the LinkedIn messages I had a quick phone...

Updated 3 months ago

Job offered after 4 hours !! Im nervous to take it! - 1 Reply

So i went into a job interview today at 10am. it went great. the responsibilites are something i have done before so nothing scary but the perks are...

Updated 3 months ago

Dream Home Based Work - 2 Replies

Sharing this resource because it seems there are a lot of scammers with their fake work-at-home "jobs" floating around. I've applied to a few jobs...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.