Job Interviews

preparing for job interviews. questions, answers, and tips

Current Discussions (1652) - Start a Discussion

NE1 in Somewhere

Updated 5 months ago

A Confusing Series of Events.... - 2 Replies

Hello and thanks in advance for your time! I spoke with a contact at a company I'm looking to work for. He happened to be a hiring manager for...

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

Updated 5 months ago

Overthinking too much? - 1 Reply

Today I had a phone interview with a manager for a temp position. Thankfully I had been interviewing all week so I was prepared for most of the...

Tiffiney O in Northbrook, Illinois

Updated 5 months ago

Did I Blow My Chances ? - 5 Replies

Hello, I recently had a interview for a middle management position in a large company. I nailed the interview and received a call the same day to...

David in Nutley, New Jersey

Updated 5 months ago

A Confusion Series of Events - 1 Reply

Hello and thanks in advance for your time! I spoke with a contact at a company I'm looking to work for. He happened to be a hiring manager for...

NE1 in Somewhere

Updated 5 months ago

Being The Top External Candidate Competing Against an Internal Candiate - 5 Replies

I interviewed for an administrative (billing) position last week (it's been exactly a week). After the interview I did the usual thank you & follow...

xboxer in Tucson, Arizona

Updated 5 months ago

Scheduling interviews by rank - 5 Replies

If you are invited to interview for a job after an exam, is there some system in how they determine which candidate gets what time? For example, is...

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 5 months ago

Did he get the job or not? - 2 Replies

A week ago today, my husband went in for an interview for a really great job. It was supposed to be an hour, but it took three and a half, and he...

Updated 5 months ago

Phone (job) interview - 1 Reply

What do you think about the phone interview? What is your experiences? What do they usually want to know? Thanks in advance!

Jason in Bochum, Germany

Updated 6 months ago

How did you prepare for a case interview? - 5 Replies

Do you have any advice or resources for preparing for a case interview? I've watched some videos online, but I'm hoping to find some good practice...

C.C. in Budapest, Hungary

Updated 6 months ago

A special interview question, any thought? - 4 Replies

I got an interview question in my interview today, and I'd like to share with you guys. The question is: If you can be a candy bar, what you want...

NE1 in Somewhere

Updated 6 months ago

I missed an interview, did not call or show up - 2 Replies

Hi there, As the title describes, I had a family emergency a few weeks ago and the interview I had was not a priority at that point. Basically,...

employed princess in Somewhere, Texas

Updated 6 months ago

I HATE Almost All Job Interviews!!! - 170 Replies

I am getting so sick and tired of employers acting like you owe hem the world in interviews. If you don't kiss their tails during the process..forget...

1andonlyBeppy in Poughkeepsie, New York

Updated 6 months ago

Do you think I got the job? - 1 Reply

Hi, Just wanted some feedback during the "waiting game" of hearing back about a job interview. I recently interviewed for a position with a large...

Graphic Web Designer in Paramus, New Jersey

Updated 6 months ago

Best way to practice interviewing? - 8 Replies

Does anyone have experience on doing practice interviews? What would you suggest a job seeker do in order to improve these skills?

anonymous in New York, New York

Updated 6 months ago

Complicated interview situation...any advice? - 9 Replies

I recently received a job offer, but also have an interview today for a position I'm very interested in. I tried to ask for more time to consider the...

KingofWisdom in Miami, Florida

Updated 6 months ago

Things that you don't really want to hear in an interview - 129 Replies

After countless interviews you hear the same lines sometimes, and you can tell that the end result will be a rejection. When I hear the line at the...

KingofWisdom in Miami, Florida

Updated 6 months ago

Facial Hair Opinions - 3 Replies

The age old question of whether or not I should keep the beard. Normally, i would shave; however, because of the position and my facial features, I...

NE1 in Somewhere

Updated 6 months ago

Need Serious Help - Accept/Rejection of Offers - 2 Replies

I am in deep turmoil right now. For quite a while I was not getting any calls yet alone interviews. Then after changing many things on my resume,...

marky_de_sade in Slough, United Kingdom

Updated 6 months ago

Job Interview - 3 Replies

I have a job interview next week for a data and performance manager role in a local authority. I'm pretty confident despite this being my first...

JR in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 6 months ago

Ever think you did really well or bad in an interview? - 1 Reply

I had an interview for a good job today. I thought I completely bombed. Anyways, I ended up ranking first! And there were like 30 other applicants.

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 6 months ago

Question for those unemployed and those RECENTLY employed. - 9 Replies

Here is the question I have for all of you that are Unemployed or have RECENTLY become employed. How did you break through the "iron curtain" of...

Dfields16 in Auburn, Washington

Help Job Interview Process Verizon

hello I recently applied at my local Verizon. i am well qualified for the position over 4 years in wireless service, i got a interview and i felt it...

Suburban Girl in Illinois

Updated 6 months ago

NEW FORUM/MESSAGE BOARD: Employment Depot - 2 Replies

http://employmentdepot.proboards.com You can have avatars. You can have signatures. You can edit your posts. You can make use of smilies....

Duck! in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 6 months ago

Juggling a job offer and an interview...please help! - 1 Reply

Hi, I just received a job offer for a position, for which I probably have about a week to make a decision. However, I also have an interview this...

Updated 6 months ago

I got a job offer for 25% more than my current salary how should I approach my employer and convince them to pay more? - 1 Reply

I design facades for buildings my title is Field/Design Engineer. Where I am currently employed they gave me this title because I have extensive...

Updated 6 months ago

Should I try to contact the recruiter again? - 4 Replies

Hi guys, I need help. A recruiter reached out to me in the beginning of October. I replied back and I didn't receive a response. About two weeks...

Alex6499 in Springfield, Illinois

Company Possibly Failing to get back to me. Should I contact them?

I applied for an internship at State Farm and received an interview. I interviewed for a systems analyst position and applied for 3 other similar...

Suburban Girl in Illinois

Updated 6 months ago

Will I be able to reschedule interview if I didnt show up - 5 Replies

I had an interview at costco today for stocker position but I couldn't make it because I had an urgent appointment with the dean in college. If I go...

TracieSparkles in New York, New York

Updated 6 months ago

How early should you arrive for a job interview? - 6 Replies

The consensus on the internet seems to be that 5 or 10 minutes early is ok, but any earlier is frowned upon. But is there really a difference between...

Updated 6 months ago

Going on vacation - but would still like to be considered for second round interview? - 2 Replies

I'm in a bit of difficult situation right now - I just interviewed for a laboratory position over the phone and I feel like it went really well. They...

ArmaniGlasses in WalkingDeadJobville

HR calls and hits me wit the Old Bait and Switch

Am I the only one this is happening too? I am transitioning from Behavioral Direct Support with administrative duties to just administration. I have...

xboxer in Tucson, Arizona

Updated 6 months ago

Thank You Note For Not Getting Hired - 17 Replies

There seems to be mixed advice on whether or not to send thank you notes after an interview. I've had family and friends tell me not to send a...

SDZ in Calgary, Alberta

Updated 6 months ago

If they dont ask for references is it dead? - 8 Replies

I did an Interview last week Monday the 3rd. It was set for an hour but it went over by about 20 minutes or so. I sent my thank you note in on...

2Legit in Cincinnati, Ohio

Updated 6 months ago

Dress for "fit interview" - 6 Replies

Hi all, When I went to the first interview, I wore business suit and have been invited to second interview which is called a "fit interview". I was...

Updated 6 months ago

Online Protocol - 1 Reply

This is my first time working with an agency to apply for a job. What is the protocol once you apply and forward your resume thru indeed.com

hmk in Hudson, Ohio

Updated 6 months ago

Job Interview feedback. Good... Possibly? - 2 Replies

I recently went on an interview and this was the following feedback I got during and after the interview. -During the interview- the hiring manager...

Southman97 in Newport, United Kingdom

Updated 6 months ago

Job interview - 2 Replies

Hi guys I was wondering if some of you could help me :D I went for an I went for an interview at a food retail company with the manager and I...

TracieSparkles in Downstate, New York

Updated 6 months ago

Interview - 1 Reply

Today I had a job interview for a different position within the company. I felt like it went decently well. I have been at my company for a year, and...

Marie Becker in Germany

Fire misvisende feil om kull vs fornybar energi

Vi har publisert en artikkel i dag fra Keith Orchison som det ville være rettferdig å si, er ment som litt av en realitet sjekk til fornybar energi...

Huddie in Foothill Ranch, California

Updated 6 months ago

AMAZON INTERVIEW PROCESS HELP - 6 Replies

Please provide your input: I recently interviewed for the highest paying job of my life at Amazon. I applied for a position at their HQ in...

employed princess in Somewhere, Texas

Updated 6 months ago

For those of you who are negative nancy about my job - 15 Replies

I'm a college student and I got a job at Barnes and noble for seasonal part time. I get my degree in December. Before this I had no job no money...

Shingami in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 6 months ago

Should I give up? - 12 Replies

I had an interview in mid/late August for a position; the interview went really well. They told me that I asked really good questions and it was...

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 6 months ago

What you think? - 7 Replies

I interviewed for a state position in Sept. I hadn't heard anything so I emailed hiring manager and was told that a decision would be made within 2...

TracieSparkles in New York

Updated 6 months ago

Can I fail a background check for not having a W2 for an unpaid internship? - 2 Replies

I was made a job offer and I've been waiting for my background check to be completed. I received an email at 5:30 pm (on Friday, great way to start...

NE1 in Somewhere

Updated 6 months ago

The Arrogance of Employers During the Hiring - 16 Replies

Hello all, I needed somewhere to vent my experiences and frustrations of this matter. I'm really getting tired and fed up of all these rude and...

Thaimaster in Sarasota, Florida

Updated 6 months ago

Who wants to start naming names? - 496 Replies

It's time to be at war with these staffing agencies and companies that keep wasting job seekers time with their antics. Let's fulfill these boards up...

Thaimaster in Sarasota, Florida

Updated 6 months ago

unprofessional lying interviewers. - 6 Replies

This has happened to me more then one time. I had a phone interview which went well. The woman e-mailed me and said she would like to meet me in...

Will in Newport News, Virginia

How to show confidence at job interview?

Im interviewing for a HME Delivery Tech position(Home Medical Equipment Delivery Technician is primarily responsible for the delivery, pick up,...

Updated 6 months ago

A 500 fortune company is not reimbursing travel expenses after agreeing to it. What should I do? - 1 Reply

The recruiter agreed through email to reimburse travel expenses up to 100£. I sent a completed reimbursement form along with the receipts totalling...

Updated 6 months ago

Discussing Termination - 6 Replies

A few weeks ago I had an interview. At the time I was employed. I was an at will employee and was let go the day before I found out I got a second...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.