Job Interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

preparing for job interviews. questions, answers, and tips

Current Discussions (2235) - Start a Discussion

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 2 months ago

Interviews all are cancelled - 3 Replies

A few days ago I had an interview setup for the following week. Then after finally setting the date and time, they later sent me an email stating...

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

Updated 2 months ago

Hiring manager curses a lot - 4 Replies

On a interview phone call with your hiring manager, how do you handle someone who curses a lot. I mean, in about every sentence, at least once. ...

Updated 2 months ago

Multiple interviews??? - 1 Reply

So I have made it pretty far in the interview process. Small private company, owned by a old professor from college. He contacted me for the...

Updated 2 months ago

When to follow up - 3 Replies

Hello all, I had an interview last Wednesday. Went very well and hiring manager said he intended to hire me. I emailed him thank and sent references...

Updated 2 months ago

Employers trying to low ball salary - 4 Replies

Sometimes you think that the salary range of a job is close to what your looking for, as they are asking for education, experience and skills that I...

Updated 2 months ago

Resume Paper - 2 Replies

Just confirmed an interview for early next week! Since I applied online they already have a copy of my resume. I want to bring extra copies in the...

realism37 in Georgia

Updated 2 months ago

Volunteering to Find a Job - 5 Replies

Easiest way to ever find a job ever in the history of humanity. Volunteer at a non profit doing the same job or very similar job (like...

MiaSchneider in Savannah, Georgia

Updated 2 months ago

How to know if you're going to get hired... - 16 Replies

I went to a group interview at a department store earlier (with 3 other people, 4 of us in total), We filled out applications before we started the...

MiaSchneider in Savannah, Georgia

Updated 2 months ago

How long it takes to hear from Lowe's after Interview? - 1 Reply

I applied for Lowe's and had my interview 5 ago , I didn't hear from them yet. I thought i have very good chance to get the job because the HR...

Updated 2 months ago

Job - Complex assignments & Self Starter - 1 Reply

Today I read about a job that has a list of things they are looking for they are a self starter and some one that can work on complex assignments. ...

Richardbruansmith in Rushden, United Kingdom

Dealing with big personalities

Deleted

blessedandhappy in Atlanta, Georgia

Updated 2 months ago

Hiring manager called the cops for applying - 72 Replies

I recently applied to a job on indeed, and sent a follow up email a few days later. About a week passed with no response, and I sent another email,...

roadrunner4329 in Middle River, Maryland

Updated 2 months ago

Bait and Switch Hiring... legal? - 5 Replies

My bait and switch scenario is different then those where compensation was changed after hire. This is where my title and responsibilities changed...

TGPII in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 2 months ago

The HUMAN in HUMAN resources is gone! - 12 Replies

The HUMAN in HUMAN resources is gone! Just once I like to fill out an application and or send a company my resume. Then get an interview After...

realism37 in Georgia

Updated 2 months ago

Let me get this right, Ronald McDonald Trump can run for President of the USA. However I can't get a job? - 3 Replies

Let me get this right, Ronald McDonald Trump can run for President of the USA. However I can't get a job?

John in MD in Catonsville, Maryland

Updated 2 months ago

Dealing with big personalities - 2 Replies

I've started my dream job. It's relatively near my house, slightly over paid, and technically should be a walk in the park. The problem is my...

Calfornian in Hayward, California

Updated 2 months ago

V Lookup in Excel - 6 Replies

Recently I had an interview with a company and they tested my Excel skills as the job would require a lot of Excel spreadsheets. I have taken both...

TomL in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

RHIA Interview

My college course requires that I interview someone that has a RHIT or RHIA background. I would appreciate anyone's time who could answer about 8...

Forever_fired in Gary, Indiana

Updated 2 months ago

The infamous good interview but rejection/no callback - 30 Replies

It's tricky and confusing How do you deal when an interview goes well but you don't get hired? Is there some body language I can read on an...

dropj in Hawthorne, California

Updated 2 months ago

These days people hire people who do bad in interviews, try not to be too perfect - 2 Replies

i know this sound weird but i had a lot of jobs and i went on a lot of interviews and it seems like the interviews i did very great i know for sure i...

Updated 2 months ago

hard time adjusting at work ...please advise - 10 Replies

I have recently joined a contracting role where it's just me and my boss. The rest of the team and us sit in one small room. My boss sits right in...

TGPII in Chicago, Illinois

What do you do when the jobs you really are interested never call and the jobs that you don't want are the ones that call?

What do you do when the jobs you really are interested never call and the jobs that you don't want are the ones that call?

Updated 2 months ago

Let go 2 weeks after Hire - 5 Replies

I won't mention the name of the company, but it's a pretty well-known brand. I have a friend who was just let go from this company. I will admit...

Helps 2B Lucky in Oneida, New York

Updated 2 months ago

Yesterday (Tuesday) I got a call about a possible interview on Thursday. On the phone I was told I would get an email about add - 2 Replies

Yesterday (Tuesday) I got a call about a possible interview on Thursday. On the phone I was told I would get an email about address and additional...

Updated 2 months ago

Have an interview with Dollar General coming up but I'm only available certain hours, will they work with me? - 1 Reply

I'm ready to return to work. But I can only do Monday through Friday from morning to 3 pm, cause my kids get off the bus then and i have to be home...

Mike in Alpine, California

Updated 2 months ago

Percentage of applicates who don't match job - 9 Replies

In the past I have seen one job that said it already have 900 applicants! I am sure that many are just applying to every and any job out there just...

Updated 2 months ago

negative feedback from old coworkers - follow up? - 3 Replies

I had an interview with 2 senior people at a division of my company i'm very familiar with. Today I had a follow up interview with a bunch of my...

Updated 2 months ago

Was Asked to Leave Job After 2 Weeks - 3 Replies

Hired as a deli clerk at Safeway. Minimum wage. Found out it's sheer hell. Was assigned to Safeway in very rough neighborhood. Thought I'd...

Eva in San Francisco, California

Updated 2 months ago

Staffing/Temp Agencies - 14 Replies

Is it me or do I see more job postings with staffing/temp agencies in todays job market? It seems like many companies are lazy and are trending...

Nearly 8,000 people apply for one job

From CNN: "What job could be attractive enough to lure almost 8,000 candidates in Xhina? Central government positions in Xhina -- often...

Shonye Brooks in Charlotte, North Carolina

More hoaxes.

I have ask ZipRecruiter at least 4 times to remove my name and my resume and my phone number from their website. There is no way this is real I will...

Updated 2 months ago

Termination - 1 Reply

I have worked with another person who is a friend of my supervisor and was hired by her after losing her previous job. At the beginning if there was...

Updated 3 months ago

Reappyling to reposted job from 4 months ago - 1 Reply

I have recently reapplied for a job that I already interviewed for and was in the final two for consideration. I was contacted by HR and they told me...

wk14 in Pickering, Ontario

Updated 3 months ago

Follow-up or not? - 2 Replies

So I received an email from a part-time job position that I was really hoping to get. The HR lady wrote in the email saying that "I will review your...

San in Fairfield, Australia

Updated 3 months ago

advice much needed - 3 Replies

I have just started a new job (contracting). My boss is one those kinds who has been in big consulting companies and I find him quiet intimidating...

Trying to Help in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 3 months ago

Objective on resume - 6 Replies

Looking at some resumes here on Indeed many are not putting any objective, just start out with the most recent job. I have worked in more than one...

Updated 3 months ago

Future layoff - 5 Replies

Hello everybody. I'm in a bit of a pickle. I found out this past August that my department will more than likely be laid off due to my company...

Updated 3 months ago

Third interview - 3 Replies

I received an email on Monday telling me that I was invited for a third interview with the area manager on the coming Wednesday. In the email she...

eavi0607 in Boardman, Oregon

Updated 3 months ago

background check good sign? - 42 Replies

I interviewed for an administrative assistant in a fairly large company. The seemed welcoming and told me I would need a background check (this was...

Original poster in New Orleans, Louisiana

Updated 3 months ago

Verbally offered job, but still haven't been given start date three weeks later - 8 Replies

A little over three weeks ago (22 days ago at the time of this posting to be exact), I interviewed for a job with my local government and was offered...

- Indeed Host in Austin, Texas

Updated 3 months ago

Fidelity Talent Management is it fake or real? - 9 Replies

Just received an email from this company's scout talent for a position as a Computer Network Technician. In the email I received the company's...

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 3 months ago

Should I start looking for another job? - 11 Replies

I absolutely hate my job which is tragic because it started out as one of the best. I'm an Executive Assistant in a large Healthcare firm and we...

Updated 3 months ago

Don't Understand the Employment Verification Check - 9 Replies

I am a college student and I just accepted an offer for a summer 2017 internship with a US bank in NYC. The on-boarding process is in the Spring, and...

mji1 in Des Plaines, Illinois

Updated 3 months ago

Job Hoax Photographers Beware! - 1 Reply

Had my application on Indeed and had someone by the name of Johni Davidson reach out to me saying they were interested in me and wanted to conduct an...

Duck! in Sunnyvale, California

Updated 3 months ago

Interview - 3 Replies

Hello, Usually after all day work, I apply for job during night. On one fine Thursday, I applied for a job around 9.00 PM and with in 15 min I got...

Mayur in Texas

Asked for interview

Hello,

Duck! in Sunnyvale, California

Updated 3 months ago

Fitting in the team - 2 Replies

I recently started a contracting role. The team is a very mature one. I know my job very well but feel I don't fit well in the team... in terms of...

HR Recruiter in Scottsdale, Arizona

Updated 3 months ago

Interviewer no show - 15 Replies

Hello - I had a recruiter set up an interview with me for a company today, and the hiring manager (a C level) did not show up for the phone screen. I...

Updated 3 months ago

Bogus Job -beware - 9 Replies

Dear Applicant, The bureau desk of Sigma Pharmaceutical Company has reviewed your resume sent in response to our Add posted on GlassDoor and we...

Updated 3 months ago

Work from home scam - 2 Replies

Below you can read the original email and I do have all the "interview" information. Really upsetting scammers are resorting to such! ______ ----...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.