Job Interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

preparing for job interviews. questions, answers, and tips

Current Discussions (2677) - Start a Discussion

Rkmich38

Updated 2 months ago

2nd Interview after being 2nd choice. Suggestions Please. - 2 Replies

[QUOTE who="Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada"]When I got my last job, I wasn't their first choice. He/She got an offer from their dream job before...

argyllsock

Updated 2 months ago

Recruiter doesn't show for a telephone interview - how would you follow up - 4 Replies

[QUOTE who="Trying to Help in Detroit, Michigan"]Good for you! Good luck in your interview![/QUOTE] Thanks! It reinforces what I think the...

Caramel050

Updated 2 months ago

Fidelity Talent Management is it fake or real? - 23 Replies

I received the same email several times and I actually sent my information but supposedly they never got it. Months later which is today I received...

William Stoner

Updated 2 months ago

Should I reach out after this particular interview? - 6 Replies

I'd give them a quick call, just to say you haven't heard anything in a while and would like to know if they have an update for you yet.

William Stoner

Updated 2 months ago

After the Interview: Should I send a thank you card? - 11 Replies

A thank you card seems a bit much to me personally. If anything, I'd send an email. But as always it depends on the context. Just don't send one...

walei

Informational Interview Question (& Etiquettes)

I applied for a job and a few days later I found someone from that company (the same team) checked out my Linkedin profile (good sign?). I...

AtExit8

Updated 2 months ago

Company offered me the job but salary offered was less than the advertised maximum rate. - 3 Replies

That company is a big loser. Most companies think they can play with job applicants. Tough break.

R

Updated 2 months ago

Any Experience with Suspicious Recruiters? - 7 Replies

[QUOTE who="Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada"]Its called Data Mining and its been around awhile. Personally, I don't recommend posting your resume...

Jobseeker1927

Updated 2 months ago

How do you - 10 Replies

[QUOTE who="AtExit8 in City, New Jersey"]There is a McDonald's near me (I go in for the fries) that does hire seniors. Just depends on the specific...

AtExit8

Updated 2 months ago

This makes no sense. - 3 Replies

[QUOTE who="jobseeker1927 in Anytown"]You see a job post somewhere, and figure you'll go to the company's website to apply. But when you get there,...

itwasntme

Updated 2 months ago

Surviving two years of un/underemployment and a job search - 10 Replies

Once upon a time (or maybe four years ago), I was a driven Type A young professional who thought nothing of working 6 days a week for 15 hours a day...

ethoma12002

Updated 2 months ago

Time is up at end of interview - 3 Replies

Actually, I've had an interview for a federal position wherein I had to interview with three different groups in three different offices. At exactly...

Cassandra H.

Updated 2 months ago

Scheduled An Interview, But Probably Don't Want The Job - 6 Replies

[QUOTE who="Gtothalo in Charlotte, North Carolina"]I actually have. I did it twice last week. I applied but i wasted my time even applying. I thought...

Ali

Updated 3 months ago

Interview bait-and-switch - 8 Replies

I applied an interviewed for an Assistant Executive Director position for an adult daycare center. The HR person was very nice and she scheduled me...

Ruby Slippers

Updated 3 months ago

Tentative Job Offer and Other Interviews - 3 Replies

[QUOTE who="Impatiently Patient in Irving, Texas"]I am in the same boat, I say definitely interview with Company B. Turns out i liked Company B alot...

Impatiently Patient

FInal Job Interview Blues

OK let me first start off by saying this story is a bit complex. So Company A was an organization i really wanted to work for and they offered me...

TGPII

Updated 3 months ago

Three different job rejections today. HAPPY NEW YEAR! - 15 Replies

If potential employers could PLEASE list BENEFITS & SALARY in a job ad that would be great. Ya . . .

AndyRising

Updated 3 months ago

Had an interview last week - 1 Reply

I would guess it means that a human being finally got around to looking at your application. It doesn't mean that they declined it, and it doesn't...

Ruby Slippers

Updated 3 months ago

Interview - 3 Replies

[QUOTE who="Kay in Bronx, New York"]I did a interview friday for a agency. It went well. We when chatted after the intweview. He said he would be out...

AtExit8

Updated 3 months ago

What does it mean when recruiters say this? Positive/Negative? - 2 Replies

I'll be the negative Nellie. Unless you have some highly desirable skill that they want, almost all employers prefer a local candidate.

AndyRising

Updated 3 months ago

Academic Cover Letter questions - 1 Reply

You've read the articles. Now you're asking advice from a forum of non-academics. I'd go with the articles. But since you're looking for a teaching...

AtExit8

Updated 3 months ago

Should I check-in about status? - 2 Replies

I would wait 1 more week and email HR. Pestering them isn't get you anything and has the downside of annoying them.

AtExit8

Updated 3 months ago

Awaiting decision on job interview - 1 Reply

[QUOTE who="Addy_Bronze in Clifton, New Jersey"] Does this mean I have the job? [/QUOTE] You have a job when you receive an offer letter, but...

Esteve Tabernack

Question about "In Process"

Hey everyone: I know that by asking this question i'm only hoping to hear what i want to hear and that tomorrow i may get my answer, but i the...

Micah

Advice for Interviewing with Senior Leadership

I have passed the second round of interviews for an ecommerce manager role with what would be my future boss (director of ecommerce) as well as a...

Jobseeker1927

Question. ..

Does anyone in here know anything about General Assistance's "Work Program Aide" work? I called the local GA office, hoping to get some general...

Jobseeker1927

Updated 3 months ago

indeed's app - 2 Replies

Ruby I think it did work better, thanks. ☺

ladydavis

Updated 3 months ago

BAD teaching interview - 10 Replies

Wow! that's another horror story of an interview! Why would she tell you she was expecting someone else? That's just messed up. Why would she have...

Some Engineer Dude

Updated 3 months ago

Interviews you're getting vs. applications you're sending - 31 Replies

[QUOTE who="Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada"]Gets better. Wait until an employer uses a 3rd party verifier to check reference, employment or...

KCBlues

Updated 3 months ago

Major career decisions--how did you make them? - 4 Replies

[QUOTE who="AtExit8 in City, New Jersey"]You don't have that government job yet do you? It isn't yours until you have a job offer.[/QUOTE] Yes,...

AtExit8

Prove It and Java

I wasted 30 minutes trying to update Java on my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit PC to take the Prove It online tests. The version of Java on my PC was...

MARIA

Updated 3 months ago

Application Status - 12 Replies

Is it negative if in the interview they say that "we are in the process of the interviews, I will call you back"? I sent an email saying thanks...

AtExit8

Updated 3 months ago

I Sent a thank you mail with the references they have asked for and I got a reply saying - 1 Reply

[QUOTE who="vemulapallis2@*****.*** in Winter Park, Florida"]Thank you for the references. I am checking them shortly and HR will be getting back to...

John

Updated 3 months ago

Yet another odd requirement. - 5 Replies

Same way with my nephews, both about 30. I'm pretty sure neither one of them knows how to operate the "old school" home phone (on the wall or...

anonymous_88

Getting calls for interviews but cant get a job.

I apply to jobs and get interviews but cant get the job. Not sure what I am doing wrong in the interview.

Robroy

Updated 3 months ago

Frito Lay Merchandiser Interview Questions - 12 Replies

How long is the ride along?? Also, is it paid? Do you work for free? What is the story behind this ride along. Mines later this week.

EC

Has anyone ever reapply for a job posting at the same company?

I would like to share this with anyone whomever reapply for same or different position at a company you already had. I went on an interview in june....

TGPII

Updated 3 months ago

Monday I have a phone interview for Camp Director with Right At School, LLC. It is with a 3rd party recruiter. Wednesday I have - 3 Replies

Monday/tomorrow I have a phone interview for Camp Director with Right At School, LLC. It is with a 3rd party/Indeed.com recruiter. Wednesday...

JessF

Updated 3 months ago

Second Interview - 3 Replies

[QUOTE who="Patrick in New York, New York"]So I should just wait for the call.[/QUOTE] Yes

JessF

Updated 3 months ago

How to apply for jobs when you can't use previous job references or even list the previous jobs? - 1 Reply

[QUOTE who="Robb in Indianapolis, Indiana"]Ok, I know that sounds weird, but hear me out. I used to unwittingly belong to a religious cult and I...

Trying to Help

Updated 3 months ago

Why do - 5 Replies

How does the company know you can do the work and that you're willing to learn IF YOU DON'T TELL THEM?!

Ruby Slippers

Updated 3 months ago

Following on Job Application - 3 Replies

[QUOTE who="AndyRising in a State of Bliss"]Here's what you do: Don't do anything. You interviewed. You sent a thank-you. You sent a follow-up....

Ruby Slippers

Updated 3 months ago

Tired of BS jobs from recruiters.... - 3 Replies

[QUOTE who="EyeTGuy in Squatchville, Washington"]Seems like the vast majority of the IT jobs out there are all being marketed by 5 different agencies...

AtExit8

Updated 3 months ago

Recruiter slow to respond to move forward in process - 1 Reply

The recruiter wants to make her money, but her hands are tied by the hiring manager.

EyeTGuy

Resume response rate good now, but no offers

Customizing my resume for each job I applied to drastically improved my response rate, however; I'm not getting offers. I have an MBA, 12 technical...

Trying to Help

Updated 3 months ago

Extended vacation mid interview process. - 5 Replies

About a week before you leave, let them know you're leaving, your lack of availability, and when you're projected return is. Let them know you're...

Jobseeker1927

Online forklift training??

Wouldn't that be like trying to learn to drive a car the same way? It's better to actually get behind the wheel?

Sabsfan

Updated 3 months ago

Whatever you do, - 5 Replies

I don't know if it's because you're older but I got an assignment from them. I just in the end didn't feel like it was working out so I had to quit...

AtExit8

Updated 3 months ago

Not getting job . - 2 Replies

age discrimination is alive an well in this bad economy I am slightly older than you and the only job I could get in the past year is my current...

AtExit8

Updated 3 months ago

Keep getting directed to recruiter when she doesn't help me - 2 Replies

[QUOTE who="kingysaysxo in Methuen, Massachusetts"]Is there anything I can do to make this easier?[/QUOTE] Any easier as in forcing them to hire...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.