Job Interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

preparing for job interviews. questions, answers, and tips

Current Discussions (1603) - Start a Discussion

Leeann66 in Ontario

Updated 5 months ago

Got offered a promotion the same day I am interviwing for another job. - 7 Replies

Today I got offered the CEO position, a promotion, at my current company. I have an interview for a CEO position at a different company in one hour....

Mariana Santos in Coimbra, Portugal

Updated 5 months ago

Going crazy: am I going to the job? - 2 Replies

Hi guys! Stressed out girl here talking! I went to a final job interview on Tuesday and I've been waiting for a call since then. The interview went...

estew23ii

Updated 5 months ago

group job interview at khols - 70 Replies

I have a group interview tomorrow at khols has anyone else had one of these interviews with them and could you tell me what it is like I know each...

EndlessJoy in Atlanta, Georgia

Updated 5 months ago

Attending Job Interview While Working Demanding Hours - 4 Replies

I currently work for a company with very demanding hours, and extreme hostility to anyone trying to take last minute time off or too many sick...

Sarah in San Leandro, California

Updated 5 months ago

Feeling discriminated for changing careers? - 3 Replies

I am changing careers from Mental Health giving direct service to disabled children to anything else I can find because I hate it now. Anyway I have...

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 5 months ago

waiting time after 3rd interview - 2 Replies

I know this must be a fairly common question, but I'm wondering what are common waiting times after a 3rd (sort of) interview. I was recruited...

Duck! in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 6 months ago

Got a call for a job I would rather want but....... - 5 Replies

I had a job interview a week ago and accepted. I had orientation on Tuesday, and I am supposed to start training tomorrow. However I just got a call...

Updated 6 months ago

"I have to run/go" when i was asking question - 5 Replies

At the end of the interview, when i was asking questions i came up with some in depth questions for them. They answered them with great detail, but...

Placebo in Northridge, California

Updated 6 months ago

Out of interview questions...what to do? - 6 Replies

This is about questions the interviewee asks the interviewer... Let's get the obvious out of the way - we all know during interviews you must be...

Jonny _SF in San Francisco, California

Interview with Director of Operations

Hello folks, Tomorrow I have an interview with the CEO and Director of Operations of a small tech company. I already know what the CEO might ask...

TS in Toronto, Ontario

How long does it take to hear back from UHN (University hHealth Network) for an interview?

I applied for a clinical research coordinator position at the uhn little less than a week ago. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from...

Hunter in Tucson, Arizona

Updated 6 months ago

12 job interviews but no job offers - 241 Replies

In the last 9 months of job searching I have had 12 different interviews, but zero job offers. Most of the interviews seem to go really well and the...

Updated 6 months ago

Follow up interview - 2 Replies

Potential employer contacted recruiter immediately the day after my interview with good results. The recruiter asked for my references. I have not...

William Gast in Burtonsville, Maryland

Updated 6 months ago

Had an interview on Friday, not sure how it went, any comments welcome - 2 Replies

Got a phone call from "Jonathan" from HR two weeks ago, asking me general questions about my availability for a position I had applied to. Exactly a...

Thaimaster in Lafayette, California

Updated 6 months ago

Missed call for interview - 5 Replies

I'm on vacation out of the country, and I can not receive calls. I just checked my voicemail and received a message from a recruiter wanting to...

Updated 6 months ago

Phone interviews - 2 Replies

Hi, I had two phone interviews this week. Really interesting since they were the only two jobs I applied for. The one yesterday was hard to tell if...

ccccsdad in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Updated 6 months ago

Two weeks after interview, no response, advice? - 25 Replies

Hey guys, I have been reading around here and I see it is not at all uncommon to go two weeks and not hear back about an interview. I thought I'd...

Kiara Williams in Colorado

Updated 6 months ago

Chances of getting my dream job? - 2 Replies

I got referred for a job by an HR manager at this company for my dream job. I did a phone interview, a week later they called me back for an in...

Updated 6 months ago

I had an interview 10 days ago and haven't heard back yet --can I follow up? - 1 Reply

I'd like to send a quick email to the hiring manager following up, but I'm not sure if I should wait longer. In my interview, if I'm remembering...

Steve J A in Los Angeles, California

Updated 6 months ago

HOW TO GET A HUMAN RESOURCE POSITION? - 14 Replies

I recently graduated college and I am seeking a Human Resource position. Does anyone know who is hiring for this field?

Kate_outta_kontrol in deep in the heart of, Texas

Updated 6 months ago

What should I say is my greatest failure?? - 3 Replies

I'm preparing for a phone interview coming up and I'm kind of stuck on this question. I'm not sure how to answer it. I can think of plenty of small...

chelle in Columbus, Ohio

Updated 6 months ago

If an interviewer says they'll probably be making decisions within the week, is that usually accurate? - 10 Replies

I had an interview on Monday, and I'm wondering if I can realistically expect to hear back by the end of the week if I do happen to get an offer. If...

Updated 6 months ago

When should I follow up again (post interview)? - 19 Replies

Help! I had a job interview last Tuesday with the owners of a small company and the very next day I received an email saying that they were...

aul26 in Toronto, Ontario

Updated 6 months ago

It's been 4 weeks after my interview and no response even after follow-up. Advice? - 5 Replies

I was told near the end of my interview that they were interviewing for another week and that the Hiring manager was going to go on vacation for 2...

Updated 6 months ago

What is the benefit of the "hiring team is on vacation" line? - 2 Replies

I was reading a different thread and a commenter mentioned that the line "the hiring team is on vacation" is an old time trick. What is the benefit...

LF in Duluth, Georgia

Updated 6 months ago

Rude interviewer - how to respond? - 37 Replies

I had an interviewer to be an administrative assistant yesterday. The interviewer was rude, so much so that I would not work for that...

Updated 6 months ago

Confusing/Mixed signals from interviewer. - 1 Reply

After meeting with the director for a few minutes, the morning began. First up was a tour of the facility. Then we went to the break room for...

Updated 6 months ago

Robotic phone screens. - 1 Reply

I've noticed a new trend to the phone screen process. It's just the same internal recruiters with the same script asking the same questions to...

Thaimaster in Lafayette, California

Updated 6 months ago

Subliminal Rejection - 5 Replies

" I have a few candidates that are still in the phone interview process. We will be back in contact." Another subliminal rejection. After a phone...

Updated 6 months ago

Still interviewing more candidates - 12 Replies

What is the meaning when calling to follow up on a past interview. That they are still interviewing more candidates? After a week and almost two...

anonymous in New York, New York

Updated 6 months ago

How to handle a dreaded question about a resume weak spot - 1 Reply

I applied for a job that required 3 years of experience that I didn't have. I realized I might be able to get around it because I've held a job title...

Andromeda Rising in Rockbridge, Ohio

Updated 6 months ago

I wish you the very best of luck in your job search. - What Does That Mean? - 2 Replies

Hi expertises, I had a 1 on 1 interview yesterday with HR department (After a phone interview with hiring manger last week), and also had me...

Hannah Larsson in Boston, Massachusetts

Updated 6 months ago

Could this be a good sign I'll receive an offer? - 3 Replies

I interviewed for an assistant position last Tuesday with the hiring manager. Yesterday afternoon, I received a call from the HR lady, saying...

Jury 14 in Hartford, Connecticut

Updated 6 months ago

I thought I nailed the interview.... Are these signs that I got the job? - 5 Replies

Hello! So I'm pretty anxious because I had an interview with a law firm for a legal assistant position. I thought it went well. The attorney that...

Updated 6 months ago

Interview at a big bank - 1 Reply

Hi, I work for a big bank and applied for a position internally. I went for an interview last Thursday for that position, and although stressful...

willwork4food in Laurel, Maryland

Updated 6 months ago

Should i call a second time on the fourth week after interview? - 31 Replies

Hello there, I have been reading many of the post interview discussions here and I like a bit of advice for a slightly different situation. It...

NE in Portland, Maine

Updated 6 months ago

is it normal to be offered a job but don't hear anything else from the company. - 2 Replies

I'm a CNA. I went to an interview maybe three weeks ago. They offered me a job and I accepted. I haven't heard anything back from the company. I...

Pwpotter

Updated 6 months ago

background check for pending cases - 17 Replies

I received a job offer from my dream job... However, unforeseen events have left me on the other side of the law. After the offer was given they...

NE in Portland, Maine

Updated 6 months ago

Tips for interviews as a Business/Financial Analyst? - 4 Replies

Hello, I have a potential interview/interviews coming up and I need advice on how to be well prepared for the interview. I just graduated with a...

joe in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 6 months ago

At least a positive sign? - 5 Replies

I followed up 2nd time in a month. First time I got "I will get in touch" and now they said they still haven't got the signal for hiring from VP and...

NE in Portland, Maine

Updated 6 months ago

Three good interviews, asked to fill out application and background check information, but no offer?? - 10 Replies

I have had three interviews and was told after my last interview that I was going to hear something within 2 weeks. The HR rep called me within...

Updated 6 months ago

Job Interview tomorrow and nothing nice to wear - 1 Reply

I have a job interview at a movie theatre tomorrow evening. It sounds like they are giving 5-6+ interviews and I really need a job. They dress really...

ackmondual in Zion, Illinois

Updated 6 months ago

How to answer if they ask you about your job search? - 27 Replies

If they ask you if you have any other interviews or offers how should you answer? I'm afraid that if I tell them I have other interviews or offers...

NE in Portland, Maine

Updated 6 months ago

Tips for an interview for a Full-time position when your availability has changed - 3 Replies

I have an interview coming up for a full-time position, however I enrolled for school and the only time my classes are offered are on Tuesday and...

Updated 6 months ago

Did I get it? - 18 Replies

I got interviewed by 3 ppl and they were taking notes and nodding heads in a good way. I even made them smile couple of times with humor. The...

anonymous in New York, New York

Updated 7 months ago

If a company says they will contact you for a second round interview within the next week, when will they probably contact you? - 2 Replies

I know that this is of course variable, but I'm waiting to hear back from a company whether I made it to their second round interview process. I had...

Updated 7 months ago

Why do companies schedule interviews ONLY to hire internally??? - 13 Replies

So I receive an email from a company that wants to schedule an interview with me about a week ago. I confirm and get myself prepared for the...

Simon888 in Denver, Colorado

Updated 7 months ago

how long does it take for another interview at the same company - 2 Replies

I applied for a full time and an intern position at one company, I had been interviewed for the full time position and failed, but the manager said I...

Updated 7 months ago

Applied to job at Target, didn't follow up on call...what should I do now? - 3 Replies

OK, so I applied for a job at Target about 2 months ago (just a basic hourly position). Within a couple of days, someone in HR, or management? at...

Updated 7 months ago

Are there such things as fake "interviews" - 6 Replies

Hello all, As a near-the-end-of-my-rope job hunter, I'm wondering has anyone ever been to a fake "interview". It goes like this: They call you in...

Page: « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.