Job Interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

preparing for job interviews. questions, answers, and tips

Current Discussions (2059) - Start a Discussion

fishy1987 in FPO, California

Updated 4 months ago

I am just sick of going on an interview, sending a follow up and hearing nothing. One place I drove 3 hours for the interview, - 2 Replies

I am just sick of going on an interview, sending a follow up and hearing nothing. One place I drove 3 hours for the interview, and it was with a...

Updated 4 months ago

Interview Advice Seeking - 2 Replies

Ok, so my passion is Manpower Planning, but I am in need of a job now. While I still applying for my dream job of Manpower Planning Analyst. I...

Plaid Squirrel in Any Town, California

Updated 4 months ago

What answers would you give to the following interview questions? - 7 Replies

I have an interview this coming week, and I have a record of being especially poor at interviews. In fact, I haven't gotten an offer from an...

Updated 4 months ago

Taleo - "Withdraw" button removed? - 10 Replies

Right before my interview yesterday, my Taleo screen had a "Withdraw" button on the bottom. I admittedly had a poor interview, and today my...

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 4 months ago

All I want is to go on a job interview and have a yes or no answer in a week. Is that asking to much? Don't recruiters realize b - 3 Replies

All I want is to go on a job interview and have a yes or no answer in a week. Is that asking to much? Don't recruiters realize bad human resources =...

Updated 4 months ago

I have an onsite interview in less than 3 days and the job has been removed from the company's site. What does it mean? - 3 Replies

I have an onsite interview in less than 3 days and wanted to take a deep look into the job's description. But the site says that the job has been...

Updated 4 months ago

Accepted for a decent job today. However they want me to start tomorrow, but tomorrow I have an interview for a job I want to do - 7 Replies

Topic continued: but tomorrow I have an interview for a job I prefer. Do I gamble and risk not getting the job I want, or do I play it safe, take the...

Trying to Help in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 4 months ago

What the hiring manager replied me really puzzles me - 3 Replies

I went through two in-person interviews with a potential employer, and I believe I did great in the interviews. At the end I asked the hiring manager...

Updated 4 months ago

Should I Follow Up With Recruiter Again? - 2 Replies

I had an interview with a recruiter that I thought went pretty well. The recruiter told me that she would speak to hiring management to see how they...

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

Updated 4 months ago

yesterdays inter view - 1 Reply

I think it went well. things the interviewer did 1. talked about benefits and time off. 2. told me they would contact me in 2 days. 3. said if...

Updated 4 months ago

What is going on here? - 1 Reply

Hello, I responded to a job posting back in January for a position that embodied everything my dream role would. I spent a lot of time revising my...

KeepAHappyFace in State of Confusion

Updated 4 months ago

Can I make up for being overly persistent after Final interview? - 1 Reply

A month ago I had my phone interview, during which the HR manager told me they were looking to fill the position within 2 weeks or so. I had a second...

Updated 4 months ago

6 weeks after interview, no response - 5 Replies

I had the interview of my dream company six years ago. After the interview, the manager told it would take a few weeks to reply me. I also sent thank...

Maya Chin in Wheaton, Illinois

Updated 5 months ago

Is this a legitimate - 4 Replies

I received the following email for a job, but am feeling a little suspicious of its legitimacy. Has anyone ever gotten anything like this? If so, can...

Updated 5 months ago

Is it legal for companies to ask what year you graduated OR a birthdate - 28 Replies

I just know the reason they ask what year you graduated is to figure out your age AND I had one yesterday that I was filling out on line with a...

Updated 5 months ago

interviewer said "that you should be getting offer sometime this week." - 2 Replies

ok, so after 2 interviews, the boss of the company said to call him monday. i did and we talk about start date and salary. he said you should be...

Updated 5 months ago

Interview hoax - 9 Replies

After a text from California ! I am Mr. Mark Douglas from Indeed Recruitment Team. Your resume published on Indeed has been reviewed and forwarded...

Updated 5 months ago

Got a verbal offer but they haven't gotten back to me yet? - 3 Replies

I interviewed with a company for an internship two weeks ago. Got a call on Friday telling me I am a top candidate, was asked about salary etc. I...

justkidding12 in Champaign, Illinois

Got a verbal offer but they haven't gotten back to me yet?

I interview with a company for an internship two weeks ago. Got a call on Friday telling me I am a top candidate, was asked about salary etc. I told...

Calfornian in Hayward, California

Updated 5 months ago

Getting passed over due to office politics (interview question) - 2 Replies

I work in a government office. We recently had a change in management and since then whenever there are promotions only management “sympathizers”...

Updated 5 months ago

No offer - 1 Reply

Hi I believe my resume and cover letter is written well because recently I had 2 job interviews. But unfortunately no offer. I have 6 month...

Updated 5 months ago

HR screening interview - 1 Reply

HR of a company contacted me for a screener interview, wanting to know dates/times I'm available. I responded. Two dates has passed with no...

Updated 5 months ago

Universal Studios Hollywood Job Application - 2 Replies

Hi guys, I have a question about my job application to Universal Studios Hollywood. Back in early March, I applied for a job there (the job titled...

Updated 5 months ago

Should I follow up - 2 Replies

I interviewed with a company almost 1 month ago and now received a VM from them indicating that they are still in the interview process and hope to...

realism37 in Georgia

Updated 5 months ago

Why I have no problem being dishonest in a job search - 93 Replies

Whenever I feel a moral conflict about being dishonest with my resume, job history or references, I just remember how dishonest some employers were...

United91 in Manchester, United Kingdom

Updated 5 months ago

Bad Interviewer - 3 Replies

Hi, I've been in a bad interview , but the interviewer had many interruptions in the interview , he made 4 phone calls , he left the room 2 times...

Updated 5 months ago

Applying to out of state job, already had first interview, is it ok to call to let them know I will be back in town this week? - 1 Reply

I interviewed for a position last Tuesday in NYC. The interview went well and I know that I am well qualified for the position. They told me that the...

jssusi in Social Circle, Georgia

Updated 5 months ago

I had a few interviews last Thursday I sent a follow up email, and card. Is that bad why or why not? I heard that it can soun - 13 Replies

I had a few interviews last Thursday I sent a follow up email, and card. Is that bad why or why not? I heard that it can sound desperate Some...

Sick Of It All in backwoods, California

Updated 5 months ago

Second Interview Status - 2 Replies

Okay, so I had a second interview for a city job and I met with a panel of three supervisors. They are looking to hire "two" positions and they...

jssusi in Decatur, Georgia

Updated 5 months ago

Weird Interview, Wonder if I got the job or not??? - 6 Replies

I applied for Acedemy Sports & Outdoors, I had an interview over the phone, and the lady set me up for an intervioew with the Legistics manager,...

Updated 5 months ago

NEED HELP! - Really Weird Thank You Note Dilemma - 5 Replies

During my interview today which went pretty well, I asked the interviewer for her business card and she said she didn't have one. She also said that...

Updated 5 months ago

HR Email: What does this even mean? - 3 Replies

Long story short have been interviewing with this company for awhile long distance for an entry level role, had initital HR screening phone...

Updated 5 months ago

Oppions I am been told two things and not sure what is right? - 3 Replies

I had a interview with a company that fundraises for charities, The man interviewing me said I suited the job great and would work well with it been...

Updated 5 months ago

Thank you note between interviews - 4 Replies

I had a phone interview this morning and at the end of the call the interviewer and I scheduled an in-person interview for tomorrow morning. Normally...

Updated 5 months ago

A suspect job rejection - 1 Reply

Hey everyone! I went the final interview at a company and they said they would give the answer by this week. A few hours later, I got an automatic...

Gotballs in Va. in Sterling, Virginia

Updated 5 months ago

No response, 5 weeks after interview- HR professionals please HELP!! - 217 Replies

Any HR/Recruiters out there, I could use some help. I interviewed with one of the largest O&G companies about 5 weeks ago. Interview went great. ...

Updated 5 months ago

Phone Interview Request Question - 8 Replies

I applied for a position at a company last week. Yesterday morning around 8 AM I received an email from their HR department requesting to schedule a...

helpseeker in Damascus, Maryland

Is penn foster high school diploma any good?

Hi I am almost finished with penn foster high school and I was wondering if its any good like do jobs accept it as a high school diploma or no? I...

Updated 5 months ago

what happens next ? - 5 Replies

I've applied for two jobs with the same company on indeed.com.One says excepted and the other says interview.What do I do next?Do I wait for another...

atc0426 in Glasgow, United Kingdom

Potential Job offer but not heard anything.

I recently went for an interview in London fora 6 months internship. The day after the interview i got an email from the company saying that they...

LevonF in Atlanta, Georgia

Screening Question I Can't Beat

I typically email or talk to the HR person. I meet their qualifications and get past their phone screen. I then have a phone interview with the...

isaacsu0423 in Los Angeles, California

Updated 6 months ago

Should I call HR? How do I set bottomline - 2 Replies

Hi everyone, I had an on-site interview at NY state at 3/3/16, and that company is one of the top three companies in semiconductor industry. At...

Duck! in New York

Updated 6 months ago

Job Posting only has a set salary. No range. Should I bring up if salary is always going to be stated salary in interview? - 2 Replies

Hello, I have an interview at a government building on this week. On the job posting it stated that the salary is 3x,xxx . It doesn't have a...

TGPII in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 6 months ago

Hey jerks, don't bother to set up a job interview with me only to cancel it an hour before. This happened twice this week. Be - 19 Replies

Hey jerks, don't bother to set up a job interview with me only to cancel it an hour before. This happened twice this week. Better yet don't post...

Updated 6 months ago

Typical response? - 1 Reply

Here is my question. I approached a company a few months ago about employment. I met with the VP and Sr. Director several times. I was told a...

Updated 6 months ago

Getting rejected - 6 Replies

Hi everyone, I feel down. I don't understand why I get rejected every time I apply for a job. Mostly I don't get to the interview process, and...

ibetliza@*****.*** in Spokane, Washington

Updated 6 months ago

Thank You Note For Not Getting Hired - 27 Replies

There seems to be mixed advice on whether or not to send thank you notes after an interview. I've had family and friends tell me not to send a...

Updated 6 months ago

How long does it take for a company to have a background check before making a job offer? - 3 Replies

Hello there! I was contacted this past Monday 03/21/16 by 2 companies I had previously apply for employment and I went for interviews on both...

Updated 6 months ago

Interview got pushed back, then no replies. Am I off their list? - 1 Reply

I have originally offered a phone interview last month. A week later received an email from the HR people, said they want to move on the next stage...

malonso411 in Vineland, New Jersey

Updated 6 months ago

Did I not get the job? - 3 Replies

I had a phone interview on March 8 and at the very end they asked if I could come in on the 10th for an in-person interview, despite me living hours...

Page: « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.