Job Interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

preparing for job interviews. questions, answers, and tips

Current Discussions (1555) - Start a Discussion

Andromeda Rising in Rockbridge, Ohio

Updated 5 months ago

Feedback needed about interview - 2 Replies

I recently got interviewed for a shire job over the phone. All questions were answered to the best of knowledge. It's important to mention that I...

Updated 5 months ago

After the 4/18/2014 and no word yet. - 7 Replies

I applied for an analyst job at a leading company on 3/31/2014. Got a phone interview and set up an 1 on 1 first interview 2 weeks later...

hmk in Twinsburg, Ohio

Updated 5 months ago

interview process for newly created positions - 4 Replies

A couple of weeks ago I went on interview. I was the first person to interview, I was told by the hiring manager that I "set the bar pretty high" for...

Updated 5 months ago

Asking questions after interview? - 3 Replies

So my situation is a little unique. I'm a tutor at a university learning center, and I just interviewed today for the coordinator position (the...

NE in Portland, Maine

Updated 5 months ago

Got job offer by email with no follow up - Don't understand - 2 Replies

I interviewed for at PT job for which I am well qualified. Same day I got email from the interviewer offering me the job based on my interview and...

Eveeelyn in Windsor, Ontario

Updated 5 months ago

I had an interview on friday, they said they would call monday - 4 Replies

Should I wait until tomorrow to call them if they don't call- Or should I take it as a hint that they don't want me? Even if I do call- what do I...

Leeann66 in Unemployed and living the dream, Ontario

Updated 5 months ago

Getting stressed: When should I call them??? - 2 Replies

I am interviewing for a new job. I have been on two interviews, both of which went really well. After my second interview, the district manager told...

Briwri51 in Raleigh, North Carolina

Updated 5 months ago

how long after the resume is sent online do you hear anything. - 15 Replies

My husband has had a professional resume' done and had for the last 4 weeks been applying on line. Has is Linkin account which 6-7 people have...

Updated 5 months ago

So my new manager's job is on craigslist. Coincidence or no ? - 2 Replies

He started working there July 10th. At first I thought I was seeing things but I looked and there is no other location in my city and no other...

Shingami in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 5 months ago

What do you all think of job postings on Craigslist - 11 Replies

When I was job searched several years ago I could tell most were scams b/c of how poorly worded the ads were AND they offered an unusually high...

Jury 14 in Hartford, Connecticut

Updated 5 months ago

Should I Send a Second Follow-Up Email? - 1 Reply

A few weeks ago I had a second interview with the hiring manager of a company I would love to work for. He told me that he would let me know by the...

ajpenn4181@gmail.com in Lawton, Oklahoma

Updated 5 months ago

what do emails from a legit employer look like from indeed - 1 Reply

i got an email today from a bunch of gibberish @indeedjobs.com i just want to make sure i am clear for response. I am interested in the job if so.

AlmostHome in Cincinnati, Ohio

Updated 5 months ago

Interview Clothes for Hot Weather - 6 Replies

First of all, this is the longest period of unemployment I've had since getting my bachelors 1991 and I was with my last company 13 years. Nearly all...

firststime4me@43 in Northridge, California

Updated 5 months ago

Job Search Nightmares... - 22 Replies

My job search has settled into two catagory's..first the interviewer with no balls catagory..you go to a one on one interview and all is going great....

anonymous in Santa Cruz, California

Updated 5 months ago

How to describe highly relevant but confidential experience - 2 Replies

Friends: I'm generally happy at my current job, but the company is in an industry that is largely dying. So I am considering changing jobs. One...

Demo89 in Dallas, Texas

Updated 5 months ago

gap in employment - 57 Replies

Whats the best way to explain an unemployment gap of 4 years? My work history before that is crap too and all I have is a GED. I need a job bad, but...

Demo89 in Dallas, Texas

Updated 5 months ago

Still interviewing Other Candidates - Apply for another job there? - 5 Replies

I had three interviews. Final round interview was last week. Group interview 06/20 and they advised me they were looking to hire soon as they've...

Leeann66 in Ontario

Updated 5 months ago

Interviewing - 1 Reply

A few weeks ago I was contacted by the hiring manager of a company. I didn't know he was the hiring manager at the time. For a couple of weeks we...

How to answer "Why do you want to work here?"

From the movie "The Grand Budapest Hotel"... Officious Concierge: "Why do you want to be a Lobby Boy?" Hopeful Lobby Boy Candidate: "Well...

Leeann66 in Ontario

Updated 5 months ago

I probably failed my phone interview, right? - 3 Replies

Last Wednesday, I had a Phone Interview with Company X's recruiter, lasting about 15 minutes. Basic questions such as tell me about yourself, where...

Melissa in Saint Paul, Minnesota

Updated 6 months ago

Interview; is this weird - 4 Replies

Hi, I applied for a job on Thursday evening - the same day it was posted. I received a call from the recruiter today. She scheduled an...

Tiffiney O in Northbrook, Illinois

Updated 6 months ago

Competing applicant also gets a background check? What does this mean?? - 2 Replies

I am very very confused about what is happening post interview with this company I interviewed with. I had an interview that went really well about...

arijro in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 6 months ago

I sent a follow-up email and got a nasty response - 188 Replies

Hi, Just wanted to share my experience and gather other opinions. I went on an interview for a position I really want 3 weeks ago. The day...

EndlessJoy in Atlanta, Georgia

Updated 6 months ago

Interview: "When can you start?" - 6 Replies

I currently have a position, but am looking for something within my specific field. I've recently had several phone call screenings. One question I...

Updated 6 months ago

Job Interview - 1 Reply

Driving me crazy Had an interview on Monday. Seemed to go well. Told i would be notified of a decision on Thurday. Emailed me to ring them...

Mally in Andover, Massachusetts

Updated 6 months ago

Going Crazy Waiting to Hear - 2 Replies

I had an interview for a position i was more than qualified for. In fact, i had this exact job at a different provider prior to my current position....

Caren I in New Canaan, Connecticut

Updated 6 months ago

After interview, zero response from HR and friend who put my resume through...? - 1 Reply

Here's a summary of my interview process thus far: - My boyfriend's college buddy announces that his consulting team is hiring. - I forward my...

Caren I in New Canaan, Connecticut

Updated 6 months ago

Job Interview - 2 Replies

I had a job interview this morning for an office position at the high school where I went to school at. The had 4 people in the room, and went around...

Updated 6 months ago

Should I Go To A Job Interview If I Am Unsure About The Job? - 7 Replies

Hello everyone, I am unhappy with my current employer, and I am desperate to leave. Since I wanted a way out, I applied for various job positions...

Tiffiney O in Northbrook, Illinois

Updated 6 months ago

How do you get your foot in the door with many applicants? - 1 Reply

Every job interview I go to they are always like, "I get 10-20 applications a week so you really need to impress me." I guess I am never good enough...

Updated 6 months ago

I passed the interview and had my background check. PROFESSIONAL ADVICE HELP! - 1 Reply

So last week on mon june 16th, i got a call the same day from HR telling me the hiring manager and assistant manager really liked me and wanted to...

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 6 months ago

How to decline a job offer while already signed and accepting it. since I have come accross a better job offer from another firm - 36 Replies

Please can somebody give me advice. I have accepted a job offer A and now i want to decline it because i got another job offer B from another...

Leeann66 in Woodstock, Ontario

Updated 6 months ago

Did I mess up or do I still have a chance? - 1 Reply

So I applied to Telus communications at my local mall (ya know they provide telecommunications plans and services) and they called me back today for...

Kpilk in Newton, Illinois

Updated 6 months ago

What does this mean? After final interview.. - 9 Replies

So I had a final interview with a company for an internship last week at their home office. They said they would get back to me with a decision in...

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 6 months ago

Should I write company off? - 1 Reply

I interviewed (for my dream job) with a company almost 4 weeks ago. After the interview, which I thought went very well and my qualifications line...

Updated 6 months ago

Did I get the job? - 3 Replies

So I work in an office and a client we have reached out months ago if we knew anyone interested to apply for a position within his company. I said...

Shingami in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 6 months ago

IM OVER INTERVIEWS - 12 Replies

In the past 3 months, I have been to about 20 interviews, some including phone interviews. Yesterday, I went to an interview where the interviewer...

quietgal in Alpharetta, Georgia

Updated 6 months ago

how to know when it is too honest? interview questions - 15 Replies

Every now and then, for job applications and maybe face-to-face interview(I can't say since I've never got to that point of the interview *rolls...

Updated 6 months ago

How long to wait to follow up again? - 1 Reply

I interviewed with a company on a Friday about a week and a half ago, they told me they would get back with me later that day with information to do...

Updated 6 months ago

Getting an offer while still pursuing other opportunities - 3 Replies

Last week, I interviewed for 3 different positions with 3 different companies. The first interview was with a company I've been interviewing with for...

Updated 6 months ago

Can I be denied after accepting Offer Letter? - 13 Replies

I was recently offered a job by a big company and they forwarded me the electronic offer letter, which I officially accepted. The start date is after...

Updated 6 months ago

6 weeks after interview, no response - 1 Reply

I had the interview of my dream company six years ago. After the interview, the manager told it would take a few weeks to reply me. I also sent thank...

Graphic Web Designer in Paramus, New Jersey

CreativeTheGroup or The Creative Group?

I find it so typical and underhanded that The Creative Group is now posting jobs under CreativeTheGroup. How very sad.

Alice W in NY

Updated 6 months ago

Had my final interview 10 days ago - No feedback! What should I do? - 2 Replies

Hi there, I really appreciate your opinion on this and I will try to keep this short. I proactively contacted one of my favorite companies and...

Updated 6 months ago

Is this Legit? - 7 Replies

This is the email I was sent. Dear Applicant, Your Resume has been reviewed and you are hereby approved for an online interview with the Head...

violet in United Kingdom

should I ask the company for feedback if the recruitment agency is no help?

I applied for a job at the beginning of March. It took nearly 3 months to get to the second interview stage, which happened 2 weeks ago but I haven't...

DariusG in Fort Worth, Texas

Updated 6 months ago

Length of Hiring Process for VP/Director Level - 2 Replies

I'm curious how long the hiring process usually takes at large corporations for VP/Director level hires from the initial interview to job offer. I...

MonteCarloCarFan in Broward County, Florida

Updated 6 months ago

Need advice on follow up after final interview - 6 Replies

I went through three interviews with this company, and it seemed to go very well. I left the second interview with an awesome feeling that I can get...

anonymous in New York, New York

Updated 6 months ago

Playing Phone Tag with HR Director? - 2 Replies

Hi all, A couple weeks ago, I received a voicemail from an HR Director telling me that the company has received my application and would like to...

Fight For Your Rights in Anaheim, California

Updated 6 months ago

Should I email HR? - 6 Replies

Hey everyone, It has taken me months but I have landed an awesome job. I was offered a conditional offer depending on be able to obtain a...

Page: « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.