Job Interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

preparing for job interviews. questions, answers, and tips

Current Discussions (1466) - Start a Discussion

JobHuntingStan in Nevada

Updated 5 months ago

What do you guys think of my chances? - 1 Reply

So 4 weeks ago I was contacted by a company for a phone interview with the HR rep, and once that was done she scheduled an in person interview with...

Calfornian in Hayward, California

Updated 5 months ago

Was laid off and now find my exact position being advertised pubically - 2 Replies

I was laid off in April and now it is May first and I see that my exact position, in the same department and under the same manager is being publicly...

Karen in Freeport, Illinois

Updated 5 months ago

How long to hear back from 2nd interview at law firm - 1 Reply

I went for 2 face-to-face interviews at a law firm for an Associate position. The first went great ( with 2 hiring partners): was asked how soon can...

Dave in Polska, Poland

Updated 5 months ago

Should I be worried or not yet ? - 2 Replies

Hi all ! I would like to describe my situation.. I applied to the company involved with sport marketing, my dream job place combinig my passion...

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 5 months ago

Does this sound sketchy to you - 1 Reply

SO there is a posting for a front desk agent in newark. If u search it up u can find it. So it is a front desk job that is paying 16 dollars an...

Tbunny in Silver Spring, Maryland

Updated 5 months ago

Do you think I got the job (American Apparel) - 2 Replies

So after my first interview at American apparel (after an open call), I got a call from the manager at the a.a by my house and she told me that the...

Kati in Leicester, United Kingdom

How do you know if an interview went well?

So, I had a job interview on Sunday, and I was told they would get back to me some time this week, but I haven't heard anything yet. This job is my...

Updated 5 months ago

Worst Interview Ever! - 5 Replies

I am currently on my second job, 15 years ago I had my first interview, I went into the business, I was asked if I could lift 50lbs on a regular...

StrongCandidate in Atlanta, Georgia

Updated 5 months ago

Meet With Subordinates? - 2 Replies

After being flown out for the first on-site interview (which I'm told went well), I'm now being flown out for another on-site meeting, this time with...

FutureAirForce in Croydon, Pennsylvania

Updated 5 months ago

Treated so poorly you will never do business with or buy that company's product again? - 37 Replies

So we all know it's an employers market, they hire who they want, they treat people the way they want, and in the end it leaves perspective...

wilmatrix

Updated 5 months ago

Beard or no beard? Give me your opinion. - 20 Replies

[QUOTE who="caldas_felipe@yahoo.com.br in Guarulhos, Brazil"]My dear friend. Why you are asking people you dont know if you should wear a beard? Do...

Whittles in Des Moines, Iowa

Updated 5 months ago

Do You Usually Get a Call In Advance of a Job Offer? - 2 Replies

I know especially in larger companies there can be quite a bit of time between the point at which the hiring team makes a decision and when the offer...

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 5 months ago

Hospital Background and Reference Checks. How long should I wait? - 1 Reply

Hi All, looking for some feedback on what my next steps should be. I had a wonderful interview with a local hospital Tues last week. I was told...

Andromeda Rising in Rockbridge, Ohio

Updated 5 months ago

Follow-Up Email After Interview - 1 Reply

I had an interview earlier this week that went really well -- good rapport and I wasn't stuck on any questions. Then were 3 timed skills tests -- I...

Fight For Your Rights in California

Updated 5 months ago

When the interviewer makes it sound like you got the job, but then...? - 2 Replies

I just had an interview today at a small salon. It was with the owner and he seemed very impressed with my knowledge/experience, and we ended up...

andre88 in Freeport, Illinois

job offer

was offered a job offer by telephone and said they would send the hiring paperwork by email, do you know when I am supposed to get paper and sign the...

ChriscsHunter in New York

Updated 5 months ago

Employment Back and Forth - 3 Replies

I originally applied at this bank 4 months ago in December. I was contacted by email 3 weeks ago (April 2nd, 4 months later) that there was a new...

Calam in San Jose, California

Updated 5 months ago

Things that you don't really want to hear in an interview - 150 Replies

After countless interviews you hear the same lines sometimes, and you can tell that the end result will be a rejection. When I hear the line at the...

Updated 5 months ago

Two months after interview - 1 Reply

I interviewed with two companies back in February and I sent them thank you emails right away. Both interviews went well and I was told by both...

theman88 in Freeport, Illinois

Updated 5 months ago

job offer wait - 2 Replies

I had a phone interview with the Lincoln Nebraska correctional facility regarding a position they had, everything went well in the interview. Then a...

Completely Broke and Broken in Cleveland, Ohio

Updated 5 months ago

Interview - 3 Replies

I went to an interview last week, it was the second round. The HR manager said she would call all the person who has been selected to 3rd round. I...

DariusG in Fort Worth, Texas

Updated 5 months ago

Interview Feedback Needed - 2 Replies

Looking for some feedback from some seasoned interviewees. Went in on Friday for the on-site interview. Was told by the Recruiter that there are...

ZeeBiscuit in Atlanta, Georgia

Updated 5 months ago

interview question "what are your weaknesses"? - 17 Replies

Can anyone give advice on how to answer the question "what are your weaknesses" when applying for jobs or when they ask you during an interview....

Audra in Los Alamitos, California

Updated 5 months ago

Interview requested... then silence - 6 Replies

If a prospective employer contacts you to say they'd like to talk to you about a position, and it's a person contacting you (not an auto-response),...

gharial in Garden Grove, California

Updated 5 months ago

Dates of Employment slightly off- what to do? - 4 Replies

So, I just made it through two rounds of phone interviews and am being flown out for an in-person interview. However, last week when doing my taxes I...

Updated 5 months ago

Am I Being Blown Off or Does It Sound Like I Might Get The Job? - 1 Reply

3 weeks ago, I interview for a position. I met with the HR lady and the supervisor of the department I would be working in. At the end of the...

Duck! in Astoria, New York

Updated 5 months ago

calling after an interview. need to know if hired - 1 Reply

I am in a tricky situation. I am about to start school for veterinary technician training. about two months ago I applied for the receptionist...

JoeJohnson76 in Duluth, Georgia

Updated 5 months ago

Waiting for Job Offer/Rejection Letter - 8 Replies

So I had an interview with a very well known payment processing company about 3 weeks ago. Everything seemed to go great, and I was given the usual...

Average HR Guy in Minneapolis, Minnesota

Updated 5 months ago

Do you think this will affect me getting the job? - 2 Replies

I called a sales and marketing industry today, just posted the application yesterday, and they want me to come in for an interview tomorrow which is...

Vitaver Jobs in Fort lauderdale, Florida

Updated 5 months ago

Do you need to list the months on a resume? - 4 Replies

Is it acceptable to just list the years if you are an older worker and have significant experience?

Lori123 in Carrollton, Texas

Updated 5 months ago

Bad Interview Experience - 4 Replies

Me and technology. I had an interview scheduled in my calendar for the wrong date which I went to. I felt so embarrassed arriving for an interview...

Healthy1 in New York, New York

Updated 5 months ago

Question about an Interview - Positive or Negative - 8 Replies

4 Months ago I was up to interview with a company and I canceled it because I was promoted by my current company. I have decided that I am not...

Lily116 in Ossining, New York

Updated 5 months ago

I'm afraid I messed up -- need advice - 1 Reply

I had an interview with a company the week before last, and it went beautifully. I got a phone call last week from the head of HR, and she said they...

unemployed princess in Dallas, Texas

Updated 5 months ago

Advice on hotel interviews for tomorrow - 2 Replies

I have two hotel job interviews tomorrow. Two different companies,. One is front desk agent(24 hours is full time) The other is hostess I do not...

Updated 5 months ago

Is the offer coming? - 7 Replies

Almost a month ago I had a job interview for a very interesting job. A few days later they sent an email saying that they really enjoyed the...

Updated 5 months ago

Accepted a job offer over email 2 days ago and have not hear back - 5 Replies

I was offered a job over email 2 days ago, I responded the same day-7 hours later, and have not heard back. Should I call or try and follow up?

David in Clifton, New Jersey

Updated 5 months ago

Is this a legitimate - 3 Replies

I received the following email for a job, but am feeling a little suspicious of its legitimacy. Has anyone ever gotten anything like this? If so, can...

Linda in Farmington, Michigan

Updated 5 months ago

Interpret Response to Follow - 2 Replies

So over-analytical me got this response back after asking after I submitted my resume package if they needed anymore documentation or information. ...

Updated 5 months ago

Interviewing 18 people for 3 jobs? - 7 Replies

Do you think it is excessive to have 18 people being interviewed for only 3 vacancies? what are some reasons why an agency would interview this many...

Updated 5 months ago

Would this be really weird? - 1 Reply

Hi everyone I recently had a job interview for a beauty sales consultant and they usually just sell beauty products and give advice to customers....

Average HR Guy in Minneapolis, Minnesota

Updated 5 months ago

Where do I stand? - 2 Replies

I have an on-site interview scheduled, but it had to be scheduled about 3 weeks out in order to line up with the 3 interviewers. So I have several...

Taylor H. in Conyers, Georgia

Updated 5 months ago

I did bad in my second interview, no? - 1 Reply

I applied for an accounting position and was invited to test for it. I ended up making it into the top 10 and invited for an interview. The interview...

Duck! in Astoria, New York

Updated 5 months ago

Management position out of my league. - 3 Replies

I am currently working for a company in a non-management position but am very much so looking to move up in the company in the future. I currently...

Updated 5 months ago

Rejected but called again for an interview? - 4 Replies

Back in February I interviewed for a position and got the rejection letter in the mail. Just a few hours ago I got a call from the woman I...

Claire2402 in London, United Kingdom

NHS Interview

I have an interview on Friday for a booking clerk and was just wondering if anyone knew what the questions would be asked. Also can you take notes...

AcePup in Gainesville, Virginia

Updated 5 months ago

Interesting Interview - 2 Replies

This is kind of long, but is very interesting to say the least, but maybe someone here could help with some insight to how this "actually"...

Elaine in Cardiff, United Kingdom

Updated 5 months ago

What to make of this? - 3 Replies

Hi! I would love some opinions on how to take this email. Bit of background. Story, I was invited for an interview with a small company before the...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 6 months ago

Position - 2 Replies

I had a very good in-person interview over two weeks ago and the VP had said he looked forward to working with me and I received very positive vibes....

hope23 in Kansas

Updated 6 months ago

Gaps in employment due to unusual circumstances - 6 Replies

I am 26, and from the ages of 11 to 24 I was abused and trafficked. During this time, I intermittently held jobs and went to school (and got my...

EllieMay in Thatcham, United Kingdom

Updated 6 months ago

Job interview on Friday at o2, Questions! - 2 Replies

Ok so I am currently a college student but I am desperate to get a job, I have had two other interviews before but not for a well known company such...

Page: « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.