Job Interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

preparing for job interviews. questions, answers, and tips

Current Discussions (1388) - Start a Discussion

catfish503 in portland, Oregon

Updated 3 months ago

Walked off job - now have a few weeks gap - 16 Replies

I have a very strong background and took another job. I have been doing office work since 1986 so I'm not someone just starting in the workforce and...

AtExit8 in City, New Jersey

Updated 3 months ago

So confused on how the interview went.... - 13 Replies

I can't tell you how many discussions I have read on here but my scenario is a little different. I have read the positive signs to look for and all...

Updated 4 months ago

Personal interview and time to set it - 1 Reply

Hi, If called for personal interview what is the appropriate time gap to schedule the interview? For example if the most convenient date for me is a...

Andromeda Rising in Rockbridge, Ohio

Updated 4 months ago

Good sign, bad sign? - 1 Reply

I had a first interview and then a second. I think it went well and the interviewer said I was one of the most interesting candidates so far and the...

Ms_T in Pennsylvania

Does it sound promising?

Hello, I had an interview with the Department of Corrections back in January. Interview went okay, I think. They barely asked me any questions....

Updated 4 months ago

Interview with No Questions and Didn't Ask for References - 2 Replies

Hi there. I'm really curious about a job interview I had today. It lasted 40 minutes, and I felt really confident about it. They were smiling,...

William Gast in Burtonsville, Maryland

Updated 4 months ago

Skyping: Recruiters new waist of time. - 15 Replies

I see recruiters requests to skype with are their latest way of waisting our time. So far I have had one recruiter tell me about a job and company...

Andy in Dallas, Texas

Updated 4 months ago

Should I move on? - 7 Replies

I interviewed for a position a week ago with 5 other candidates. When I followed up, this was the response I got: "We thank you for your time....

Deltadog in Arlington, Massachusetts

Good indicator I got the job?

I interviewed this morning for a position I really want. Was an interview panel. Towards the end of the interview, the supervisor asked me when I...

You all know my name by now... in Silver Spring, Maryland

Updated 4 months ago

Human Resources calls back to ask how interview went? - 6 Replies

Hello, I recently had a interview and I think it went well. I first had it with HR and I think I really impressed them and then with the main manager...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 4 months ago

Should I apply for revised job ad - 1 Reply

Had 2nd interview, did not hear back yet (it has been about a week), saw the same ad but revised a little. I'm almost positive it is for the same...

Toni in Vincentown, New Jersey

Updated 4 months ago

2nd Interview - No response - 4 Replies

I interviewed with a law firm which I was told was trying to fill several positions. They called me back for a 2nd interview the following week to...

Updated 4 months ago

Asked to an interview and then silence - 3 Replies

About two weeks ago I was invited to do a skype interview. I was really excited about it, and quickly emailed the company the days and times I was...

Beee in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 4 months ago

I didn't get the job, right? - 9 Replies

I had an interview Tuesday morning for a file clerk position. The whole time she just told me about the company, the pay and benefits, what they do...

Milan Ghosh in Solon, Ohio

Updated 4 months ago

No Response after 2nd Interview - 352 Replies

I was wondering if I could get someone's professional opinion on how I should handle my current situation. I live in Chicago but I am planning on...

Beee in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 4 months ago

How should you dress for a fast food job interview? - 6 Replies

Would it be bad to wear jeans and a sweatshirt?

Updated 4 months ago

Think I got the job? - 1 Reply

So a local company found me on LinkedIn and asked me to come in for an interview. I went and was pleasantly surprised by how much I wanted this job...

EndlessJoy in Atlanta, Georgia

Updated 4 months ago

What do hiring managers look for in job interview? - 12 Replies

Also, what should you say if they tell you that you seem really shy?

ImpaientOne in Columbus, Ohio

Updated 4 months ago

Did I get the job? - 12 Replies

I applied for a position to a company that a friend told me about, stating that they were in the middle of a hiring boom at the moment. I saw a...

Updated 4 months ago

Is it legal for companies to ask what year you graduated OR a birthdate - 16 Replies

I just know the reason they ask what year you graduated is to figure out your age AND I had one yesterday that I was filling out on line with a...

Updated 4 months ago

I did a really bad job interview - 1 Reply

I am 19 and i live in Portugal. Last week, i made my first job interview with two colleagues too work as a trainee, and it was horrible. Well......

Updated 4 months ago

Apply at Lockheed Martin - 1 Reply

About a year ago, I applied for a Financial Analyst position at Lockheed Martin. With my friend's referral I got an interview. The job position end...

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 4 months ago

OFFERED A JOB BUT WAITING ON ANOTHER ONE. - 3 Replies

Hi. Has anyone ever been in this situation before? I interviewed for two jobs within a month of eachother. Once I left the 1st interview, I was...

Updated 4 months ago

Interviewer responded to my thank you note, told me an exact date and that i'm still under consideration ? - 11 Replies

I applied to a job posting and a week later they wanted to interview me the very next day. So I went in for the interview and it went very well. They...

Islandweller in Royal Oak, Michigan

Does Charter One Bank/RBS Citizens Bank do a credit check for Branch Manager Position?

Hi I am applying for Branch Manager position with Charter One/RBS Citizens bank, I have got as far as a telephone interview and am waiting for the...

Renee in Barberton, Ohio

Updated 4 months ago

Employers reposting jobs after weeks of interviews - 71 Replies

I can accept I may not have been the best candidate for the jobs I have interviewed at recently, but every place I have interviewed at has gone out...

kyledone3456 in Houston, Texas

what to take from interview?

Ive been with same company for years so only been to a few interviews. I found a opening on a facebook job group. I called the number and guy said...

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana

Updated 4 months ago

Interview questions - 4 Replies

So I had an interview today, I was lost my job at the end of 2012 and took a break because my sister was ill. I started looking for jobs from August...

Kat777

Updated 4 months ago

NYS Social Work License - LMSW - 3 Replies

I would like to know which states have equivalent requirements for NYS Social Work License (LMSW). Does anyone know which US states offer...

William Gast in Burtonsville, Maryland

Updated 4 months ago

Almost 2 hr interview...good or bad? - 3 Replies

Full back story: I applied for an admin position for a local car dealership, then went to a career fair a day later, where I knew the company would...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 4 months ago

Waiting period for response - 3 Replies

It has been 4 days since my interview. 2 days after, I sent a nice, professional, email to one of the people that interviewed me. They responded...

Need New Job in Michigan

Updated 4 months ago

Did or Did I Not make it to the list - 1 Reply

I applied for a job opportunity with a fortune 500 tech giant. I got a call for phone interview with hiring manager in 3 days (on Friday). Towards...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 4 months ago

post interview waiting period - 8 Replies

I went for an interview at a company that was creating a new position. The interview went great and they seemed to really like me. At the end they...

krysbe in Lawrenceville, Georgia

Updated 4 months ago

How long should I be patient?.... - 4 Replies

I had this (i think) great onsite interview 2 weeks ago. and last Tuesday (1 week after my interview) the hiring manager sent me email saying they...

is this required? in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Updated 4 months ago

HR sucks - 13 Replies

I'm writing this from an employers' point of view in hopes that this will help someone who gets frustrated in a job search when they speak to HR and...

Updated 4 months ago

Job Interview - 2 Replies

I applied for a job with a large multinational on the east coast a couple of months ago. I was asked to fly out for an interview 4 weeks ago. The...

TomoV in torrance, California

Updated 4 months ago

Email after Job interview to refresh their memory? - 2 Replies

I interview a position a month ago and I already sent a thank you email after interview. I just called and asked them about my status.They told me...

Need New Job in Michigan

Updated 4 months ago

On hold while they interview others - 9 Replies

I got to the final stages of an interview. I was pretty optimistic before the final stage, but made a couple of mistakes in the final round (4...

dazzledes in Washington, District of Columbia

Updated 4 months ago

Numerous interviews...still no job!! - 11 Replies

I have been unemployed since March. Around May until currently I've been getting a steady flow of calls for interviews. I'm certified as a Medical...

Updated 4 months ago

Where is THE MONEY THESE DAYS? - 3 Replies

What jobs pay well these days? I'm over 50.

JohnDoeHemmingWay in New York, New York

Updated 4 months ago

I can't take it! NEED TO CHANGE!! - 9 Replies

I can't take it anymore! I have to change careers! But what do?

nomadseifer in Texas

Updated 4 months ago

Post-Interview Lunch offer: good sign? - 2 Replies

Hello, I was called back for a second interview for an engineering position. The interview was scheduled for 9:45 to noon. At about 12:15, things...

Updated 4 months ago

How I should answer why I quitted my previous job? - 1 Reply

My 1st job I did it for 14 months. I got a good recommendation letter from my boss. I told people that I was a consultant there. I quitted because...

Updated 4 months ago

Answer from job interview taking forever - 4 Replies

I had an interview for a job I really want at the beginning of December. I had two phone interviews that went great, and an in-person interview with...

Duck! in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 4 months ago

"May we contact your current employer?" - 27 Replies

Is there a right way to answer this question? I had a job interview two weeks ago (I didn't get the job...typical.) On the application, they asked if...

JohnDoeHemmingWay in New York, New York

Choosing NO?

I don't want a company to choose my former employers. Won't it come across as a big red flag to them if I choose no?

wmslim in Minneapolis, Minnesota

How soon should I attempt to contact someone?

I had an interview on Monday Feb. 3rd with a company. The position is warehouse with a decent starting wage. The interview was not with an HR person...

MarcusSmarty in Gretna, Louisiana

Frito Lay Hiring Process

I recently applied for a job as a part time detailer in Louisiana. When they called me to set up an interview, I told them that I was actually...

Donesky

Updated 5 months ago

Why do staffing firms waste money posting Fake Ads? - 152 Replies

[QUOTE who="janne w in Napa, California"]i know of one in two staffing agencies-that posts ads DAILY-that they're hiring for wineries in the area of...

Tiffiney O in Northbrook, Illinois

Updated 5 months ago

Position on hold? - 4 Replies

I went to an interview on Monday and I'd say it went well because they offered me a working interview for this coming Monday. I emailed them to...

Page: « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.