Job Interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

preparing for job interviews. questions, answers, and tips

Current Discussions (2602) - Start a Discussion

AtExit8

Updated 2 months ago

Following Up-Weird Situation - 1 Reply

When is she traveling? If she is traveling this week and back in the office Tuesday (Monday is a holiday), then contact her on Wednesday. Do...

Sabsfan

Updated 2 months ago

Are employers looking for perfections in those they hire? - 45 Replies

[QUOTE who="jobseeker1927 in Anytown"]I'm thinking maybe we need advertisements to "sell" us. Folks buy worse concepts than older folks that way, so...

Palats

MaxQNutrition - Misrepresented The Offer

MaxQNutrition has a posted job offer out there. It is a contract position. They fail to mention that it is for less than 3 weeks of work and that the...

AtExit8

Updated 2 months ago

Job Posting wrong? - 1 Reply

No.

apple99lady

Data Entry Clerk Work From Home Job Scam-GoogleHangout Interview

I recently applied for a job posted on this website named Data Entry Clerk by intigrow Virginia Beach VA. Then I received an email this morning with...

Ps2dude38

Updated 2 months ago

Pretty funny actually I've been rejected by 4 Chick Fi As - 2 Replies

Try applying to different fast food places like Mcdonalds, Burger King and Dunkin Donuts then. I got a job pretty easily with Dunkin Donuts. Very...

John in MD

Updated 2 months ago

Don't they know...? - 20 Replies

About 4 years ago give or take

AtExit8

Updated 2 months ago

Told I would be given second interview, still hasn't scheduled. Do I follow up? - 1 Reply

If you are lucky, she will get around to scheduling your second interview when she returns more likely later in the week. She also needs to mesh...

bt2066

Ameritrade Interview Question, the wait..

I recently two weeks ago finished with TD Ameritrade for an interview at their final stage.. a roleplay.. tons of fun.. I waited a week did all the...

TGPII

Updated 2 months ago

ISO: I have had a few interviews. I send a follow up. I hear nothing. I sometimes see the job posted again. In the interview - 12 Replies

[QUOTE who="summontheprofessional in Saint Louis, Missouri"]Hello tgpii, The next time you get an interview remember to ask the interviewer(s)...

AndyRising

Updated 2 months ago

Are these steps typical? - 2 Replies

It all sounds pretty standard to me. And while it means that you've moved along in the process, other candidates have almost certainly moved along...

Argo

Updated 2 months ago

Worried about Walmart Distribution Background Check regarding dropped felony charge - 1 Reply

Nah you are fine

AtExit8

Updated 2 months ago

Great interview, No answer - 7 Replies

[QUOTE who="ninarumbos in Fort lauderdale, Florida"]I contacted the recruiter and he said that i has not been approved. That he was still waiting to...

OnPinsandNeedles

Updated 2 months ago

Can I fail a background check for not having a W2 for an unpaid internship? - 3 Replies

[QUOTE who="phoenix12 in New Brunswick, New Jersey"]I was made a job offer and I've been waiting for my background check to be completed. I received...

John

Updated 2 months ago

How to gauge interview performance? - 2 Replies

The only way I know of to gauge how well an interview went is if they offer the job. Then, one knows the company isn't going to back peddle or...

name

Updated 2 months ago

Is it ok to ask if I'm a good fit? - 2 Replies

I like to ask if they have any concerns about me fitting for the position. both tells me if they think i am a good fit, and if they have some concern...

John in MD

Updated 3 months ago

Job interview we are about to offer you positions - 2 Replies

Bottom line, you do not have a job until you are getting a paycheck. Regardless of what they tell you.

AtExit8

Updated 3 months ago

Interviewer made odd comment that made me think he hadn't looked at my resume - 5 Replies

It does sound as if he didn't read your resume beforehand. She probably hasn't had a lot of experience screening resumes. He may well have...

AtExit8

Updated 3 months ago

Update email from an interviewer - 1 Reply

It doesn't really matter is happening. The only thing you know for certain is that if they want to hire you, they will contact you. I interview...

Impatient

Updated 3 months ago

Thoughts on the wait... - 1 Reply

I will add that I meant 3 going on 4 weeks since my final interview with The chairman their company. The interview process from start to finish has...

AtExit8

Updated 3 months ago

After two interviews HR called to make me an offer and asked for my recent salary and range. Why haven't I heard from them since - 2 Replies

[QUOTE who="Newempoyee in Hayes, United Kingdom"]This happened yesterday. I was told the offer was contingent on approval from higher ups. HR also...

2Legit

Updated 3 months ago

Blacklisted because of who you work for? - 5 Replies

Is it possible for you to get more info from this fellow manager as to WHY people from your company are being turned away? Yeah, it is possible...

2Legit

Updated 3 months ago

So, Those Great Employment Numbers, Early 2017 Edition - 2 Replies

WOW. 300 applicants for a part-time box office job. That is terrible. That, right there, is the real economic story. That is what the news is not...

2Legit

Updated 3 months ago

Questions to ask the Interviewer - 4 Replies

I would ask open-ended questions, ones that CANNOT be answered with a yes or a no. That way, you're more likely to get more information. For...

AtExit8

Updated 3 months ago

Application: "may we contact your previous employer?" - 4 Replies

[QUOTE who="Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada"]Not sure why you even listed that company? I have had several false start jobs but none have ever...

hheather122

Job Interview

I used to work for a retail company in high school, left for college, ended up transferring to a store they had in the same town, then left to work...

CoachRachael

Updated 3 months ago

Should I email back the Interviewer? - 4 Replies

[QUOTE who="CoachRachael in Massachusetts"][/QUOTE] @Jason, I'm assuming you emailed back to say "Thank you" and not just to check on the status...

John in MD

Updated 3 months ago

Interviewed but... - 10 Replies

So please share what you Do have to contribute. Every post I see from you is along the lines of "I can't....", "I don't...." etc.

Sara9876

Following Up After Interview

I interviewed for a position two months ago and then followed up with the recruiter a couple weeks later regarding the next step in the hiring...

browna

Job application question: What interview questions would you ask a CEO about how he uses a product?

I saw an interesting job application question with the tech company Zapier. Their app integrates other apps to simplify your workflow. One job...

978i8kjyu

Updated 3 months ago

If you're given a clear timeline... - 6 Replies

[QUOTE who="merp in Boulder, Colorado"]...but haven't heard anything by the late end of that timeframe, does that mean you more than likely didn't...

AndyRising

Updated 3 months ago

What are "Straegic Priorities"? - 1 Reply

I would guess they're thinking about processes, procedures, and projects you would initiate that would have a direct positive effect on the bottom...

AndyRising

Updated 3 months ago

Beware of tribunemediahr.com.work@gmail.com SCAM - 5 Replies

[QUOTE who="aSuburbanGal in North Chicago, Illinois"]Sure they do. I've worked for some.[/QUOTE] I notice that you're not providing any names,...

Lowes interviews.

I worked at lowes 2 years ago stay there for about a year in a half , I'm also a college student no criminal background and drug free did great on...

SteveinLA

Updated 3 months ago

Interviews - 4 Replies

Thanks everyone. It has been helpful having you all add your thoughts and confirming this is just the way the game is played and moving on is the...

merp

Updated 3 months ago

City/local government interviewers - 2 Replies

Oh ok, gotcha. I am very prone to overthinking things. And this waiting game is driving me nuts! I just really want this one, and I could use some...

AndyRising

Updated 3 months ago

Ask to come in to interview for a high level position? - 1 Reply

I've had plenty of interviews that I though went really well, but I didn't get the job. Since getting the job depends on what the interviewer thinks,...

AtExit8

Updated 3 months ago

How to explain being terminated on job application/interview? - 2 Replies

[QUOTE who="A in Bristol, United Kingdom"] I see a number of job advertisements requiring a person to work ‘at a fast pace’ so the fact that you...

Pedro Enrique Garcia

Updated 3 months ago

Frito Lay hiring process - 1 Reply

Who It May Concern my name is Pedro Garcia I just filled out an application online for the position of Warehouse Porter could you please give me a...

A

Updated 3 months ago

2+ weeks waiting for job - 2 Replies

‘basically telling me they think I'm perfect for the job’ – I first read that as someone said they thought you were perfect for the job, but then...

Ruby Slippers

Updated 3 months ago

"We haven't made a decision" - 12 Replies

[QUOTE who="memyselfandi in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin"]Thing is, if hired at another job, what happens if I get hired at the job I really want? Seems...

AndyRising

Updated 3 months ago

Does hr managers know what they are doing - 1 Reply

HR Managers are people too. Which means that they are: Busy Trying to juggle multiple priorities Forgetful Sometimes preoccupied with things...

Dono007

Updated 3 months ago

Would you work for $10 an hour? - 182 Replies

Mitch, stay with us! The revolution needs thinkers like you. If everything is going up, why do people want to stay down. People, surviving is not...

wouldloveajob

Updated 3 months ago

The Waiting Game - 241 Replies

I'm seeing I'm not the only one with problems landing a job after being fired from previous job ( I do volunteer). Still I have applied and got...

San

Updated 3 months ago

HEB 2nd interview.... - 3 Replies

[QUOTE who="BLuish in Austin, Texas"]I had an interview at HEB, and then a second, they both seemed to go well. They said they'd be making the...

tpamsb

Out of Town to Receive Employer Call Back

I will be traveling out of the country for two weeks at the end of this month and I have several applications/resumes sent out. The trip was planned...

Tired86

Is this employer behaviour normal? Rejection through arranged phone call

So I do this difficult interview during which I had to deliver an in depth presentation. Interview went great and after a month and a half of back...

Ruby Slippers

Updated 3 months ago

2nd interciew - 3 Replies

[QUOTE who="AtExit8 in City, New Jersey"]I always ask at the interview where they are in the interview process and when they plan on making a...

Brett Zornberg

Updated 3 months ago

Interview, how to handle a termination from previous job - 1 Reply

It has also been 1.5 years since I was in this job.

Farnellino

Moving

Hi all. I want to move to another state but retain my current job. People in my company do work remotely. What is the best way to approach the boss...

Page: « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.