Job Interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

preparing for job interviews. questions, answers, and tips

Current Discussions (2370) - Start a Discussion

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 3 months ago

Just had Second Interview - 2 Replies

So I had my second interview with a job last Thursday and it is now Monday afternoon. The second interview went well in my eyes. It was another...

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

Updated 3 months ago

How to explain termination to new employer - 1 Reply

I was fired from my last job because our personalities clashed and another person who I was working with is a friend of the boss. When I first...

wishmeluck in Cumbria, United Kingdom

Updated 3 months ago

How long do you guys think they'll contact me after solving a job task? - 2 Replies

Hi, everyone! Thanks in advance for your help. I'm applying for this job in a large company. The first step was a prescreening interview; they...

RHolmes in Citrus Heights, California

Updated 3 months ago

So a job ad does not list salary or benefits. When is the best time to bring it up without asking? In my field salaries vary g - 13 Replies

So a job ad does not list salary or benefits. When is the best time to bring it up without asking? In my field salaries vary greatly. Also the...

Updated 3 months ago

Was asked how to decide if I received multiple offers - 3 Replies

In my last phone interview the HR person asked me how I would decide if I receive multiple offers. I have not received one and this was the initial...

Updated 3 months ago

Proficiency in Microsoft Software Programs - 4 Replies

Recently I had taken tests in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and a 3 minute typing test. The Word & Excel were power user tests. After taking the...

Updated 3 months ago

Looking for how a person will fit in - 4 Replies

When you go back for second, third round interviews they will be looking to see how you will fit in. How can they tell if candidate A will bit in...

Updated 3 months ago

Rellocating to Another City When Broke? - 3 Replies

I am considering moving to Columbus, OH from Portland, OR. I graduated with a BA in international development in 2015 but have struggled to find and...

Updated 3 months ago

Meet the Team Interview Questions... - 4 Replies

I have a third interview coming up, that is a "Meet the Team" interview. I have come up with a couple questions, but I have never been good at chit...

Mongoose Lover in Peru, Illinois

Updated 3 months ago

Applying to jobs over 30 days old - 3 Replies

Some jobs are still available for people to apply to that are 40 & 50 days old. Is is even worth applying to them as they most likely already...

Updated 3 months ago

Very difficult task for job hiring process-can someone help? Google not helping. - 1 Reply

Hey there! the task is the following: Come up with a concept of series for our corporate blog considering SEO and KPIS. Right, so I know what...

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin

Updated 3 months ago

What was the dumbest job you ever had? - 12 Replies

I've been thinking about my grandmother who during The Great Depression worked in a mental hospital for 25 years. She was a cook. On her first day...

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin

Updated 3 months ago

When was the last time you went to a real company Christmas Party? - 8 Replies

For me it was 1995, over 20 years ago. Do they still have them or is it just on TV now? I don't mean the Holiday Potluck variety. Heh!

EdPegasus in Phoenix, Arizona

Updated 3 months ago

Am I still being considered for the job?!?! - 10 Replies

Interview last Tuesday, all was great, lasted over an hour, great rapport with manager,etc. At end of interview the manager actually seemed...

Updated 3 months ago

Phone Interview Negative Experience? - 1 Reply

I just had a phone interview with google. The interviewer called me 4 min late (it's only a 45min interview). Then I wasn't understanding the...

Myra Bee in Harwood Heights, Illinois

Updated 3 months ago

Company posted job with new requisition number after my in person interview - 3 Replies

The day after my in person interview I notice that they posted a "new" job opening. The title is slightly different, and a few things in the...

If You Get Caught Between the Moon and in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Updated 3 months ago

Checking status to job applied to - 2 Replies

After you apply to a job on the company's site you create an account with user name and password. Then if you go back later you can check the status...

Bertini in Hickory Hills, Illinois

Updated 3 months ago

Prove It Tests - 2 Replies

At a previous job 15 years ago, I used Word & Excel 2003 version and tested very well on them 80-90% now they have the ribbon and when I had to take...

Bertini in Hickory Hills, Illinois

Updated 3 months ago

multiple hr phone interviews - 1 Reply

Applied for job next day they called for phone interview then another hr phone interview next is in person with hr head and hiring manager why three...

Updated 3 months ago

If I am sitting at home not doing much no one calls. As soon as I am driving home from an interview I get two other calls about - 1 Reply

If I am sitting at home not doing much no one calls. As soon as I am driving home from an interview I get two other calls about potential careers. ...

Playitagainsam in Flower Mound, Texas

Updated 3 months ago

Are You Employable? - 4 Replies

I don’t have to tell you that things have changed since the days when people could obtain a position offering a good living and benefits without much...

JenandLola in Ridgefield Park, New Jersey

Updated 3 months ago

HR representative called me and now won't return my calls - 1 Reply

The HR department at an agriculture company is driving me crazy! I have applied for several scientist positions at this company and have had two...

MiaSchneider in Savannah, Georgia

Updated 3 months ago

After an interview-that I thought went well- I haven't been contacted. Help! - 6 Replies

Hi, guys! I would appreciate your insight in this. I was interviewed by a position on Octobre 28th. I thought it went well, they were super...

MiaSchneider in Savannah, Georgia

Updated 3 months ago

Getting a job after college - 3 Replies

I'm graduating this May with a degree in journalism. I applied for a couple ad agency jobs in the fall but when I tell them I'm looking to start...

Dg in San Jose, California

Updated 3 months ago

View/Edit Submission | Withdraw - 5 Replies

What do these mean exactly? 1. View/Edit Submission | Withdraw 2. View Submission | Withdraw 3. View Submission Since I know that most people...

Updated 3 months ago

Do you think I still have a chance? - 1 Reply

Okay so here's the situation.I had a job interview for customer service representative position. The interview went very well I answered every...

Jcwhat in California

Updated 3 months ago

Do you ever just feel like you're never going to find a job? - 28 Replies

I feel that way after applying for hundreds of positions and interviewing several times. I feel hopeless. I'm working a temp job right that is going...

realism37 in Georgia

Updated 3 months ago

Top 5 things you never say to someone who is unemployed or job hunting!: - 67 Replies

Top 5 things you never say to someone who is unemployed or job hunting!: 1. Why aren't you at work? 2. Fine tune your resume 3. Work on your...

TGPII in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 4 months ago

Phone interview . . . - 3 Replies

I recently had a phone interview/screening for the following career: http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=b8b8ce99e3a2e751&from=myjobs&tk=1b291j8mvao72f8...

graybetty50 in Saint Petersburg, Florida

Updated 4 months ago

Kmart Hiring Process and Background check - 19 Replies

Hi I was given a job offer after a successful interview and was told by the Hiring Manager that I was to be sent an email where I would officially...

Lucynivea in Manchester, United Kingdom

Updated 4 months ago

Pre screening interview-HUGE company. How to know if i did well? - 2 Replies

Hey, guys! I know there's no way to know BUUUT if you guys know some cues that would be brilliant. I had an interview yesterday via skype. It was...

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 4 months ago

Resume Gap - 5 Replies

Hello, I am a recent college grad and my internship is coming to a close at the end of the month. Hypothetically if I cannot get an entry level...

Trying to Help in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 4 months ago

On site job interview questions? - 1 Reply

So on Tuesday I fly out (all expenses paid for by the company-which is a non profit) to interview for a director position for an organization that...

askwonder in Somerset, New Jersey

Updated 4 months ago

Career change or possible pathways? - 3 Replies

Hi, I recently graduated last spring from a university with two bachelors in earth science and physical science. I have been working for staffing...

CYK in Pomona, California

Being flown in for interview (process question)

So long story but I applied for a job in Virginia. I already had a phone interview and a follow up phone call. They are flying me out tomorrow all...

jcr4522 in Golden, Colorado

Updated 4 months ago

Interview Job Applications and Maybe Grad School and New Career - 2 Replies

Well my young career has gotten off to a bumpy start after I left college a little over 2 years ago. College degree Civil Engineering from Purdue...

Parvenue in McAfee, New Jersey

Updated 4 months ago

In person job interview feedback after rejection email? - 11 Replies

Just some quick background on me: I'm a recent (May 2013) Mechanical Engineer Grad who has 2+ years of engineering intern and ~1 year of professional...

Updated 4 months ago

What to change in strategy?Resume? - 9 Replies

I'm an IT engineer with some management experience, trying to transition back into management. Seems like when I tried every year for the last few...

Updated 4 months ago

Are working interviews legal? - 8 Replies

Are working interviews legal?

Updated 4 months ago

Follow up and salary . . . - 1 Reply

So you get an email about a job and you reply. However you hear nothing. Should you send a follow up? How long should you wait? A job does not...

Updated 4 months ago

Company wants to interview me - they won't provide interview date? - 3 Replies

So, there's this job I really want. Getting jobs doesn't seem to be my forte, though - I'm normally told "We really like you and want to take you on...

Kulala in British Columbia

Updated 4 months ago

Waiting after an interview - 2 Replies

Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could share some insights with me. \ I went for an interview about 1.5 weeks ago. The interview last about...

Updated 4 months ago

I recently interviewed for the following careers: - 1 Reply

I recently interviewed for the following careers: http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Discovery-Learning-Center/jobs/Operation-Manager-e6c19afcd42e65b1?sjdu=...

Rhea in Chicago, Illinois

Performance review good points and bad points

They asked me about my past jobs annual performance evaluations. What was something that they said that were strong points and something that I...

Updated 4 months ago

New Graduate - A Company Wants to "Discuss Career Interests" With Me. - 1 Reply

I am graduating in December with an engineering degree and have been applying for jobs as often as possible. I was so happy to receive an e-mail from...

Updated 4 months ago

Will contact me for next steps - 1 Reply

Had a phone interview and a one on one interview. At the conclusion of the in person interview I was told that the recruiter (who did the phone...

TonyTiger in Jupiter, Florida

Updated 4 months ago

"May we contact your current employer?" - 31 Replies

Is there a right way to answer this question? I had a job interview two weeks ago (I didn't get the job...typical.) On the application, they asked if...

Myra Bee in Harwood Heights, Illinois

Updated 4 months ago

Which is better to work for large, mid size or small company - 5 Replies

What is the best size company to try to work for? Each has pros and cons. Large - can have mass layoffs good perks mid size have someone...

Updated 4 months ago

Did he get the job or not? - 4 Replies

A week ago today, my husband went in for an interview for a really great job. It was supposed to be an hour, but it took three and a half, and he...

Lanice in Chicago, Illinois

Behavior questions in interviews

Some of the interviews that I have gone on ask many behavior type questions, and one interview looked at every single item on my resume and...

Page: « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.