Job Interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

preparing for job interviews. questions, answers, and tips

Current Discussions (1302) - Start a Discussion

Beanie Baby in Courtenay, British Columbia

Updated 5 months ago

Is this a bad sign? Let me know what you think - 8 Replies

On thu 2 weeks ago on 10/4, I had in-person interview. I met with 3 people one of them is the hiring manager. I was asking the hiring manager about...

vortex in Toronto, Ontario

How to get interviewers to hire me?

I graduated in 2013 with a bachelor of Computer science with specialization in Biomedical Computing. My career goal is to become a Healthcare Analyst...

eagertofly in Belfast, United Kingdom

Updated 5 months ago

This really did happen at interveiw ! - 13 Replies

Ok, so was contacted by hiring mgr at company. She said she was interesting in conducting phone interview to review qualifications. We set up...

marmb in Fremont, California

Updated 5 months ago

Still interview for another job after email offer? - 3 Replies

I have a long term temp job offer that's pending a two week long background check. I have verbally committed to the agency. Meantime something...

Calfornian in Hayward, California

Updated 5 months ago

How many interviews are enough? - 8 Replies

I responded to an ad on craigslist for an ADMINISTRATIVE position with a very well established company, I received a call to interview with them...

Updated 5 months ago

The worst job interview! - 8 Replies

Lets start with 2 interviews that I've had: 1. Applied online. The following week HR called to set-up in-person interview with hiring manager. Met...

Unemployed in Chicago, Illinois

Previous Job Offers - Did you know that you would get the job?

Thinking back to all the jobs that you had in the past, did you know or have a strong feeling that they would offer you the job when you left the...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 6 months ago

Follow up after second phone interview? - 3 Replies

I've had two technical phone interviews with a software company, and was told soon after the second that they wanted to being me in for an onsite...

eagertofly in Carrickfergus, United Kingdom

Updated 6 months ago

How to answer why did you leave you last job during an interview - 4 Replies

I was terminated from my last position for misconduct. I worked at this position for 9 months and with coworkers who were constantly slacking off and...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 6 months ago

Promise for 2nd interview and they are taking forever - 3 Replies

I interviewed at a company about a week and a half ago on a Friday. I felt it went very well and when we were done she said she would definitely...

UnHappilyEmployed in Lynchburg, Virginia

Updated 6 months ago

Second follow-up etiquette - 1 Reply

So here is my situation: Had a job interview September 10th at a corporate HQ of a company. Had it with 5 people, 1 recruiter and then 4...

Stoa in Toronto, Ontario

Quitting job less than 1 year due to ethic, how to justify on resume?

Hi all, In a dilemma, please let me what you think. In short, I am in Accounting. I was working for about 3years part/full time in an...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 6 months ago

are job offers binding? - 1 Reply

I interviewed for a position in September and was one of the 2 people considered. I was constantly updated by manager of the office and told that...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 6 months ago

Can you please Decipher this email and let me know my chances ? - 1 Reply

below is an email from a recruiter from a giant IT company who called me and spoke to me for 15 mins. and he has documented what he said :) can you...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 6 months ago

Just got an email for Pre-Screening Interview - 1 Reply

Hello, I have just received email saying the company wants to have 5~10 mins of pre-screening interview the thing is.. I have applied this job...

NeedANewJobLikeYesterday in Lynchburg, Virginia

Hiring Process Advice

Went through the interview process and did everything I was suppose to do: prepared for the interview, asked the right questions, sent a thank you...

Jeff in Suitland, Maryland

Updated 6 months ago

Interviewers concerned about healthplan - 3 Replies

I had an interview and was surprised how worried about obamacare the interviewer was. Then the company's health plan was described and the cost....

Prept in Washington, District of Columbia

Updated 6 months ago

Had 2 rounds of interviews w startup . Not sure what to do now. - 2 Replies

I recently had an interview with a small startup. The first interview was with the person I belive to be the main hiring decision maker. It went...

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana

Updated 6 months ago

Is this hopeless? Please help! - 2 Replies

I applied to a mid to large company that had an open position of interest to me. After a short phone interview I was called in to travel to a...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 6 months ago

Said they'd update me on status in a week, today the job is off the website - 5 Replies

Been interviewing for a position for about 4 months, including an office visit. Had a phone interview afterwards with a partner that i think went...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 6 months ago

No feedback for a week, how do you think about it? - 2 Replies

Applied an entry-level temporary FT position (last about 1 year according to Hirning manager) on 9/20 at a major corporation in healthcare. HR people...

Need New Job in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 6 months ago

Position cancelled after on-site interview - 3 Replies

Recently, I had a phone interview followed by an on-site interview with a high profile company. I thought the interview went well and all...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 6 months ago

Waiting to hear back from Interview, confused about HR's answers - 4 Replies

I had a job interview about a month ago for a state job. They told me they wanted to make a decision by October 1, so when I didn't hear back I...

MarthaPink in Roseville, California

Updated 6 months ago

How to know if you're going to get hired... - 12 Replies

I went to a group interview at a department store earlier (with 3 other people, 4 of us in total), We filled out applications before we started the...

jrise25 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Updated 6 months ago

Hiring Process - 7 Replies

Id like to get a hiring managers opinion. I applied for my "dream job" just over a week ago. The position I applied for has been open for at least a...

HailieLynn in Boston, Massachusetts

Updated 6 months ago

After the final interview, the director said she would call me in 2 days but have not heard back yet... - 3 Replies

So, I was not a local candidate and I was planning on moving to Boston to start a career. I came across this start-up company and really like the...

daryl Ford in Boston, Massachusetts

Updated 6 months ago

Hiring Process - 4 Replies

I was just interview more than a few times this year, 5 to be exact, I have been training and consulting in the Cisco industry and have my experience...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 6 months ago

Salary Inquiry - 11 Replies

Curious to hear how others inquiry what the salary range is for a job before one begins the full process of applying for a job? I really wish that...

Updated 6 months ago

I just got contacted by Google for career opportunity. Next? - 1 Reply

I got contacted from Google. I work in IT service industry and have mid-level experience in this industry (about 4 yrs). When I search for...

jay in Poughkeepsie, New York

Updated 6 months ago

Final Interview:Help! - 8 Replies

Let me go over what has happened: 1.Applied for a job and received a request for a phone interview within 2 hours of applying. 2. Had a phone...

Fillinthegap in Reno, Nevada

Updated 6 months ago

Asking for upper salary range a good idea?? - 23 Replies

I had phone interview with HR and was asked about my salary requirements. I asked back about the salary range for the position. HR named the range...

Blogger51 in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 6 months ago

What questions to ask interviewer? - 2 Replies

What questions should I ask interviewer? I will be interviewing with 8 people...one by one, do I need atleast one question per person? Can It be the...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 6 months ago

How to handle lunch interview?? - 23 Replies

What to talk about during lunch? Should it be focus on the company or should it be focus something else besides the company? Give me a few things to...

Updated 6 months ago

Should i take job offer if i dont like it? - 5 Replies

I got an offer for entry engineering position but I don't think ill like it there...but with the current economy should I take it? I don't think ill...

Beth in Plano in Plano, Texas

Updated 6 months ago

Follow-ups and Rejection Letters - 3 Replies

I have been in the job market since graduating in May of this year. I have applied to well a decent amount of jobs. I have received a handful of in...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 6 months ago

What to say at the end of the interview? - 3 Replies

What to say at the end of the interview?

answerthis in Saint Paul, Minnesota

How to answer these interview questions?

1) What are your goals, short term and long term? 2) Why do you want to leave your current company and work here? 3) What/Where do you see yourself...

Updated 6 months ago

Scheduling a second interview - 2 Replies

A few weeks ago, I was contacted by a hiring company to apply for a Management Trainee position with one of their partner firms. I submitted my...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 6 months ago

How should I write to interviewer? Havent heard from interviewer - 5 Replies

I got a phone call on Thursday for an onsite interview. She ask if I could come in on Monday morning but I told her that is too early of a notice...

Someone in Saint Paul, Minnesota

Did i ruin my chances by asking to change interview date?

Ok passed the phone interview and now they want me to come in for face to face interview but I am currently working full time. They called on...

T Bar in Dallas, Texas

Updated 6 months ago

Waiting for a response after an interview - 4 Replies

Hey everyone just trying to figure out how my chances are going for this job I applied to. I was an intern with this company for 8 months and the...

Updated 6 months ago

When to contact interviewer?? - 2 Replies

Ok on Thursday got a call to schedule an onsite interview next Tuesday. The interviewer told me to check my email as she will be sending out the...

Akira in New York, New York

Employer calls to update me, and interview seemed to go well

So I've gone through the interview process - first interview went well, called back for second, then that one went well too. However, I was also told...

Updated 6 months ago

Applied online to Starwood/Westin Hotel at 11:30am, received rejection email at 1:30pm, they work very effectively!! - 6 Replies

What do you think?

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 7 months ago

Should I write back a third time? - 1 Reply

First interview went well, follow-up email to hiring manager went with no response. However, after writing back 2nd time hiring manager noted the...

Dlee87 in Whittier, California

Updated 7 months ago

I have two questions in regards to a job, please read and advise, esp if you have experience. Thank you - 6 Replies

Hello, I applied for a job about a month ago (its at the port terminal as a manager) and I just received a call back today saying that they have...

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana

Updated 7 months ago

2nd interview deception - 3 Replies

I've been going on job interviews and I've had about 5 different ones that have told me that they would love to have me back for a second interview....

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 7 months ago

explaining layoff - - 3 Replies

I am sure this will get some laughing loud :) I was recently laid off; definitely not in cozy terms with my ex-manager (it is mutual). Asked and...

sleepinglion

Updated 7 months ago

Third interview - 5 Replies

So - I have a third meeting for a job. First was interview, discussed pay and benefits. Second I did a presentation, and met with HR, who was out of...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 7 months ago

Is this a bad sign? - 1 Reply

Si I had the second-round interview in their office on August 1 and thought I went OK! Two weeks later (Mid-August), the HR told me they enjoyed...

Page: « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.