Job Interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

preparing for job interviews. questions, answers, and tips

Current Discussions (1895) - Start a Discussion

KeepAHappyFace in State of Confusion

Updated 9 months ago

How to decline a job offer while already signed and accepting it. since I have come accross a better job offer from another firm - 18 Replies

Please can somebody give me advice. I have accepted a job offer A and now i want to decline it because i got another job offer B from another...

Tom in Haddonfield, New Jersey

recruiter actually got back to me..

I had an interview last week, Mon July 13th and it went well, although it wasnt for any particular position, so I was selling myself. I also sent a...

Will s in Newport News, Virginia

Updated 9 months ago

Upcoming interview need help ? - 3 Replies

I was born missing my right forearm and have a interview for a chemical spray tech and was wondering how can I address the issues of me being able to...

PT in Mount Laurel, New Jersey

Updated 9 months ago

Following up after being told the job was mine - 2 Replies

Hi all, I had an interview 3 weeks ago for a retail manager position. The district manager called me the next day and said that he felt the...

Hello23 in New York

Updated 9 months ago

How do you respond when told application put on hold? - 9 Replies

A week ago, I had an interview with the HR. It went pretty well that I was suppose to meet with the department manager next but she was unavailable....

texas0718 in Westerville, Ohio

Updated 9 months ago

After Interview Call Back - 5 Replies

I made it to the 3rd and final round of interviews 2 weeks ago and was told they would have feedback the following week. The follow up email said...

Trying to Help in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 9 months ago

Contacting the Hiring Manager - 2 Replies

I recently interviewed for my dream job post undergrad. The interview went well and when I asked how soon was he looking to fill this position, he...

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 9 months ago

Accept position but then your dream job is offered - etiquette? - 2 Replies

If I accept a position with a company and then a week later get an offer from another company that I would rather work for what is the etiquette?

Recruiter in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 9 months ago

Interviewed for a friend, waiting on official job offer - 1 Reply

Hi guys, A acquaintance of mine is an operations manager at a local hotel. Long story short, I went in for an interview last Thursday, July 9th....

Sharon in Bradley Beach, New Jersey

Updated 9 months ago

group job interview at khols - 71 Replies

I have a group interview tomorrow at khols has anyone else had one of these interviews with them and could you tell me what it is like I know each...

vassia10 in Ontario

SuccessFactors application status In Progress for a week and a half now

Has anyone applied to a job through the SuccessFactors tracking system before? If you have, and your status said In Progress for approximately as...

Joe Gagill1 in Key West, Florida

Updated 9 months ago

Multiple Positions - Maybe One Mistake? - 5 Replies

Hey everyone. So, I had an interview for an office job (employee time entry, product documentation and customer service) about two months ago....

sam220 in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 9 months ago

Job hoax, scam - 4 Replies

Hello everyone, I got an email this morning and it's obvious new way to scam people beside the famous way of Yahoo messenger so here's the email just...

Recruiter in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 9 months ago

Should I take it as a no? HELP - 5 Replies

Today I had my interview and all went well... I was introduced to another colleague etc... And it sounded like they like me then they said we have...

gixerkiller in Gardena, California

Updated 9 months ago

Weird Vibe from Job Interview Set-Up - 4 Replies

Our area has tons of destination weddings and tourism is huge in general. I applied for a Wedding Coordinator position for a big chapel/wedding...

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

Updated 9 months ago

Dealing with Inappropriate Interviewers - 1 Reply

I had a recent interview with several people. The questioning was totally unprofessional and inappropriate. Although I am working, I have been long...

Updated 10 months ago

A Doubt regarding how to attend telephonic interview? - 1 Reply

I am Job S Paruthickal. If i get a call from any company, the first question will be is " Is it a good time to talk now? " . So I would like to...

unemployed princess in Where ever, Texas

Updated 10 months ago

Any advice on how to interview at a hotel for a job you have no experience in? - 2 Replies

I got an interview at a hotel big company with great benefits but I have no experience in the position. It's for a barista. I was only a barista at a...

tequilasunrise in Nowheresville, North Carolina

Updated 10 months ago

Multiple job applications to a company after 2nd level interviews - 2 Replies

I would greatly appreciate a response on this. So we know landing the right job isn't an easy task, and we keep applying for positions we feel can...

Sick Of It All in backwoods, California

Updated 10 months ago

Thoughts on employer email - this was my dream job... Im gutted . anybody help me sort my head out? support appreciated. - 6 Replies

Hi Ben, First of all, please accept my apologies for the delay in reply. From both ****** and myself, we feel you provided a great interview...

GregoryA 0 in Düsseldorf, Germany

write a cv

In case you don't ruin the interview you've a fantastic scope to get the occupation. Apply cv writer ideas to produce a powerful CV which will create...

WhatAName in Boston, Massachusetts

Updated 10 months ago

They cancelled my interview the night before because position has been filled?!? - 94 Replies

I am beyond irate right now. How common is this? I got an interview through a referral. The interview was supposed to be tomorrow morning and we...

Karinna in Portland, Oregon

Updated 10 months ago

How many tmes have you received an email for an Aflac interview? - 24 Replies

There must be hundreds of AFLAC locations around as I receive multiple requests from the same people over and over again to come in for an interview....

CDee in Calgary, Alberta

Updated 10 months ago

Mistakes in a thank you letter after the interview. - 4 Replies

I'am an international college student, studying electrical engineering in the US. I had a face-to-face interview with the company for the...

Timothy in Singapore, Singapore

Updated 10 months ago

after the interview - 3 Replies

Hello, I had an interview last 10 days ago. I sent the thank you letter after the interview. I was waited for a week, and sent an email about...

Running1987 in Springfield, Massachusetts

Anyone ever apply internally with their company/organization

In the initial interview they encouraged me to apply within the company. Couldn't find any info about length of time needed to be in current...

Sick Of It All in backwoods, California

Updated 10 months ago

Position on hold - Should I follow up with manager? - 2 Replies

Hello, I recently made it through all rounds of the interview process and was supposed to have received word on a decision last week. The HR...

rahiinjapan@*****.*** in Singapore, Singapore

Offer Letter - How long?

Hello I am going through interview process with one of the Japanese consulting firm for a managerial role. The interview process was very fast, 2...

Updated 10 months ago

Interview Cancelled Due to Illness - 2 Replies

30 minutes before a scheduled interview I received a call that the person interviewing me had gone home ill and that my interview would need to be...

Updated 10 months ago

Had a typo in my cover letter will that end chances with being called for an interview - 1 Reply

I looked over the cover letter multiple times spelling, grammar and punctuation's were spot on. However, after I sent it I realized I put my bachelor...

uptoyou in providence, Rhode Island

Updated 10 months ago

Verbal Offer, then employer goes MIA - 1 Reply

Hi all, I interviewed with a prominent start-up company in washington dc ( its multinational and over 8 years old, barely a 'start-up' id say)....

Updated 10 months ago

Taleo status meaning - 1 Reply

I applied to Dell recently, after the interview the status changed from "Interview" to "Completed". What does "Completed" status mean? Am i still...

Bailey in Aiea, Hawaii

Job Hoax

Tips: 1.) Don't give any personal information 2.) Ask for their name and address (if they say a weird name or first name and give a general...

Updated 10 months ago

I answered my salary question wrong, What to do now ? - 1 Reply

Before i give my interview, they asked me how much salary i am expecting, i gave them a random figure that i could think of at that moment. I expect...

Jman in Florida

Updated 10 months ago

Interviewed for 1 job but they notify me of another... - 2 Replies

I have been interviewing for a position at a company I wish to not disclose at this time. I went through a couple rounds of phone interviews and even...

Very sad in Florida

Updated 10 months ago

Employers who lie to your face - 4 Replies

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but employers must think candidates are stupid Why do some employers talk to you over the phone or in...

1 in San Francisco, United Kingdom

1 in San Francisco, United Kingdom

Linda in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 10 months ago

Craigslist Scam - HELP - 3 Replies

Okay so I applied for a job on Craigslist and they asked me to send credit report. I filled out all of the information but when i got to the end and...

Susanna in Hartford, Connecticut

Job email

I got a reply from the tutor center I applied for the summer. It's been A month. I thought I was hired so I looked for another job. This is my first...

Updated 10 months ago

Following up Call - 1 Reply

I emailed my resume to a company on a Wednesday, 3 weeks ago. I called on Friday just to confirm that they received my resume and the lady said that...

jim1174 in Berkeley, California

What should I wear to my interview

The job is a blue collar operator maintenance job with an oil refinery. i have read online that it is a bad idea to wear a suit to a blue collar job...

Updated 10 months ago

In person background check? - 1 Reply

So I am in the process of getting hired for a hotel in Las Vegas since April. So the director of the dept. i will be working in called and give me a...

Updated 11 months ago

Interview advice - 2 Replies

So this is kind of a long, strange story and just wanted to get some feedback from you guys. I was referred to a job that I know I would be a great...

Flora in West Orange, New Jersey

Updated 11 months ago

1st and 2nd interview went well, 1st hiring manager asked another hiring manager to coordinate 3rd and 4th part of the process - 2 Replies

I had 2 great interviews with no reason to think I wouldn't get the job, the 2nd and 3rd part of the interview was mainly to speak with current...

Updated 11 months ago

Potential job in the works - 1 Reply

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out how likely my chances are with a job interview I have. It's out of state at a mid-sized company ( 1200 people or...

Laith in Palestinian Territory

Waiting Response

i made an interview on May 18 2915, in May 22,2015 the HR person called ma and asked me questions and told me about the wor and working hours and...

Eggs-1 in Kansas City Area

Updated 11 months ago

Interview with no reponse - 3 Replies

I interviewed with a company 3 weeks ago, which I thought went really well, not to mention they talked about bringing me in again to meet with...

LasVegas Relocater in Dekalb, Illinois

Should i follow up?

I am the process of relocating to Las Vegas. I trying to land a hospitality job before I move. I had a phone interview with a hotel out there. The...

unemployed princess in Where ever, Texas

Updated 11 months ago

Applied to job 3 week's ago have not heard back - 12 Replies

I have heard nothing of rejected/thanks but no thanks...or a Come into interview notice. The job has had four openings, including this one, since...

Page: « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.