Job Interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

preparing for job interviews. questions, answers, and tips

Current Discussions (1427) - Start a Discussion

Ms_T in Pennsylvania

Does it sound promising?

Hello, I had an interview with the Department of Corrections back in January. Interview went okay, I think. They barely asked me any questions....

Andromeda Rising in Rockbridge, Ohio

Updated 5 months ago

Interview with No Questions and Didn't Ask for References - 2 Replies

Hi there. I'm really curious about a job interview I had today. It lasted 40 minutes, and I felt really confident about it. They were smiling,...

William Gast in Burtonsville, Maryland

Updated 5 months ago

Skyping: Recruiters new waist of time. - 15 Replies

I see recruiters requests to skype with are their latest way of waisting our time. So far I have had one recruiter tell me about a job and company...

Andy in Dallas, Texas

Updated 5 months ago

Should I move on? - 7 Replies

I interviewed for a position a week ago with 5 other candidates. When I followed up, this was the response I got: "We thank you for your time....

Deltadog in Arlington, Massachusetts

Good indicator I got the job?

I interviewed this morning for a position I really want. Was an interview panel. Towards the end of the interview, the supervisor asked me when I...

You all know my name by now... in Silver Spring, Maryland

Updated 5 months ago

Human Resources calls back to ask how interview went? - 6 Replies

Hello, I recently had a interview and I think it went well. I first had it with HR and I think I really impressed them and then with the main manager...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 5 months ago

Should I apply for revised job ad - 1 Reply

Had 2nd interview, did not hear back yet (it has been about a week), saw the same ad but revised a little. I'm almost positive it is for the same...

Toni in Vincentown, New Jersey

Updated 5 months ago

2nd Interview - No response - 4 Replies

I interviewed with a law firm which I was told was trying to fill several positions. They called me back for a 2nd interview the following week to...

AtExit8 in City, New Jersey

Updated 5 months ago

Asked to an interview and then silence - 3 Replies

About two weeks ago I was invited to do a skype interview. I was really excited about it, and quickly emailed the company the days and times I was...

Beee in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 5 months ago

I didn't get the job, right? - 9 Replies

I had an interview Tuesday morning for a file clerk position. The whole time she just told me about the company, the pay and benefits, what they do...

Milan Ghosh in Solon, Ohio

Updated 5 months ago

No Response after 2nd Interview - 352 Replies

I was wondering if I could get someone's professional opinion on how I should handle my current situation. I live in Chicago but I am planning on...

Beee in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 5 months ago

How should you dress for a fast food job interview? - 6 Replies

Would it be bad to wear jeans and a sweatshirt?

Updated 5 months ago

Think I got the job? - 1 Reply

So a local company found me on LinkedIn and asked me to come in for an interview. I went and was pleasantly surprised by how much I wanted this job...

EndlessJoy in Atlanta, Georgia

Updated 5 months ago

What do hiring managers look for in job interview? - 12 Replies

Also, what should you say if they tell you that you seem really shy?

ImpaientOne in Columbus, Ohio

Updated 5 months ago

Did I get the job? - 12 Replies

I applied for a position to a company that a friend told me about, stating that they were in the middle of a hiring boom at the moment. I saw a...

Updated 5 months ago

Is it legal for companies to ask what year you graduated OR a birthdate - 16 Replies

I just know the reason they ask what year you graduated is to figure out your age AND I had one yesterday that I was filling out on line with a...

Updated 5 months ago

I did a really bad job interview - 1 Reply

I am 19 and i live in Portugal. Last week, i made my first job interview with two colleagues too work as a trainee, and it was horrible. Well......

Updated 5 months ago

Apply at Lockheed Martin - 1 Reply

About a year ago, I applied for a Financial Analyst position at Lockheed Martin. With my friend's referral I got an interview. The job position end...

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 5 months ago

OFFERED A JOB BUT WAITING ON ANOTHER ONE. - 3 Replies

Hi. Has anyone ever been in this situation before? I interviewed for two jobs within a month of eachother. Once I left the 1st interview, I was...

Updated 5 months ago

Interviewer responded to my thank you note, told me an exact date and that i'm still under consideration ? - 11 Replies

I applied to a job posting and a week later they wanted to interview me the very next day. So I went in for the interview and it went very well. They...

Islandweller in Royal Oak, Michigan

Does Charter One Bank/RBS Citizens Bank do a credit check for Branch Manager Position?

Hi I am applying for Branch Manager position with Charter One/RBS Citizens bank, I have got as far as a telephone interview and am waiting for the...

Renee in Barberton, Ohio

Updated 5 months ago

Employers reposting jobs after weeks of interviews - 70 Replies

I can accept I may not have been the best candidate for the jobs I have interviewed at recently, but every place I have interviewed at has gone out...

kyledone3456 in Houston, Texas

what to take from interview?

Ive been with same company for years so only been to a few interviews. I found a opening on a facebook job group. I called the number and guy said...

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana

Updated 5 months ago

Interview questions - 4 Replies

So I had an interview today, I was lost my job at the end of 2012 and took a break because my sister was ill. I started looking for jobs from August...

Kat777

Updated 5 months ago

NYS Social Work License - LMSW - 3 Replies

I would like to know which states have equivalent requirements for NYS Social Work License (LMSW). Does anyone know which US states offer...

William Gast in Burtonsville, Maryland

Updated 5 months ago

Almost 2 hr interview...good or bad? - 3 Replies

Full back story: I applied for an admin position for a local car dealership, then went to a career fair a day later, where I knew the company would...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 5 months ago

Waiting period for response - 3 Replies

It has been 4 days since my interview. 2 days after, I sent a nice, professional, email to one of the people that interviewed me. They responded...

Need New Job in Michigan

Updated 5 months ago

Did or Did I Not make it to the list - 1 Reply

I applied for a job opportunity with a fortune 500 tech giant. I got a call for phone interview with hiring manager in 3 days (on Friday). Towards...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 5 months ago

post interview waiting period - 8 Replies

I went for an interview at a company that was creating a new position. The interview went great and they seemed to really like me. At the end they...

krysbe in Lawrenceville, Georgia

Updated 6 months ago

How long should I be patient?.... - 4 Replies

I had this (i think) great onsite interview 2 weeks ago. and last Tuesday (1 week after my interview) the hiring manager sent me email saying they...

is this required? in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Updated 6 months ago

HR sucks - 13 Replies

I'm writing this from an employers' point of view in hopes that this will help someone who gets frustrated in a job search when they speak to HR and...

Updated 6 months ago

Job Interview - 2 Replies

I applied for a job with a large multinational on the east coast a couple of months ago. I was asked to fly out for an interview 4 weeks ago. The...

TomoV in torrance, California

Updated 6 months ago

Email after Job interview to refresh their memory? - 2 Replies

I interview a position a month ago and I already sent a thank you email after interview. I just called and asked them about my status.They told me...

Need New Job in Michigan

Updated 6 months ago

On hold while they interview others - 9 Replies

I got to the final stages of an interview. I was pretty optimistic before the final stage, but made a couple of mistakes in the final round (4...

dazzledes in Washington, District of Columbia

Updated 6 months ago

Numerous interviews...still no job!! - 11 Replies

I have been unemployed since March. Around May until currently I've been getting a steady flow of calls for interviews. I'm certified as a Medical...

Updated 6 months ago

Where is THE MONEY THESE DAYS? - 3 Replies

What jobs pay well these days? I'm over 50.

JohnDoeHemmingWay in New York, New York

Updated 6 months ago

I can't take it! NEED TO CHANGE!! - 9 Replies

I can't take it anymore! I have to change careers! But what do?

nomadseifer in Texas

Updated 6 months ago

Post-Interview Lunch offer: good sign? - 2 Replies

Hello, I was called back for a second interview for an engineering position. The interview was scheduled for 9:45 to noon. At about 12:15, things...

Updated 6 months ago

How I should answer why I quitted my previous job? - 1 Reply

My 1st job I did it for 14 months. I got a good recommendation letter from my boss. I told people that I was a consultant there. I quitted because...

Updated 6 months ago

Answer from job interview taking forever - 4 Replies

I had an interview for a job I really want at the beginning of December. I had two phone interviews that went great, and an in-person interview with...

Duck! in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 6 months ago

"May we contact your current employer?" - 26 Replies

Is there a right way to answer this question? I had a job interview two weeks ago (I didn't get the job...typical.) On the application, they asked if...

JohnDoeHemmingWay in New York, New York

Choosing NO?

I don't want a company to choose my former employers. Won't it come across as a big red flag to them if I choose no?

wmslim in Minneapolis, Minnesota

How soon should I attempt to contact someone?

I had an interview on Monday Feb. 3rd with a company. The position is warehouse with a decent starting wage. The interview was not with an HR person...

MarcusSmarty in Gretna, Louisiana

Frito Lay Hiring Process

I recently applied for a job as a part time detailer in Louisiana. When they called me to set up an interview, I told them that I was actually...

Tiffiney O in Northbrook, Illinois

Updated 6 months ago

Position on hold? - 4 Replies

I went to an interview on Monday and I'd say it went well because they offered me a working interview for this coming Monday. I emailed them to...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 6 months ago

Are they interested or not? - 17 Replies

I applied to this company about 3 weeks ago. I heard back from HR like 3 days after sending in my application. They set up a phone interview with me...

Jeff in Suitland, Maryland

Updated 6 months ago

Job Rejection email came today, is there anything i can learn from this ? - 10 Replies

Ok so i got the interview and it seemed like they liked me but there was one issue.I put down that i had job experience but when they looked up my...

Calfornian in Hayward, California

Updated 6 months ago

After 5th Interview with Co-Founder of Company - waiting on response - 3 Replies

Alright here is my situation. I have been interviewing with a company since the end of November. I just had my 5th interview with the company and I...

Updated 6 months ago

Appropriate things to discuss in an interview. - 5 Replies

I have this interview with a cord blood bank/stem cell research place in a few days, and I think it'd be an awesome job. It's entry level, and only...

Need New Job in Michigan

Updated 6 months ago

Job Interview Expenses - 21 Replies

Recently we flew an candidate out to our corporate offices in Philly for a job interview. We paid for the plane ticket and the transportation to and...

Page: « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.