Job Interviews

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

preparing for job interviews. questions, answers, and tips

Current Discussions (1555) - Start a Discussion

Adagioo in Polska, Poland

Assessment marketing test online-pls help

Hi everybody, I recently performed well on the interview on the position of marketing executive. I got to the next step of interview process -...

Riot in Massachusetts

Updated 6 months ago

Living in a Rented aparment a disadvantage? - 3 Replies

Hi, Is living in a rented place a disadvantage for some positions? It was a screening interview. The position I was interviewing had a pay scale...

Tm in Bronx, New York

Updated 6 months ago

Target Job Interview - 3 Replies

Hey i have a job interview at target for a new store opening in a week and i am really nervous about it since i really have to get it. I was...

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 6 months ago

Had a seemingly good interview - 4 Replies

Ok, I had an interview with a pretty big company. They said at the outset that out of 130 resumes they only picked seven to interview. There were...

Updated 7 months ago

Strange interview question... - 3 Replies

During a recent interview I was asked a pretty strange question, it totally blindsided me and I feel is on the borderline or inappropriate and wanted...

Better Luck in Troy, New York

Updated 7 months ago

Do you ever feel bad after an interview? - 3 Replies

I had a interview yesterday. During the interview I thought I was doing good, trying to answer the questions the best I could. Now after the...

Updated 7 months ago

Should I follow up after the second interview - 19 Replies

I had a first interview about a month ago which went really well. After sending a thank you email I was asked if I was still interested. I responded...

Jane in Toronto, Ontario

Updated 7 months ago

What should I reply back to former interviewer from four years ago? - 4 Replies

Four years ago I had an interview and they didn't hire me. Today I got an interview from the CEO saying I had an interview with them back in 2010 but...

CandidateWhoHires in Silicon Valley, California

Updated 7 months ago

3 interviews..job offer..clear background check...and no call?? - 11 Replies

I have been interviewing this past month for a 3 month paid internship this summer. After a phone interview, I did 2 in-person interviews. Almost 2...

Updated 7 months ago

"Still interviewing"? - 2 Replies

Has anyone ever followed up after the interviews were completed (seemingly going well), was told that interviews were still on-going, and STILL got...

Miserable in San Francisco, California

Updated 7 months ago

If I'm so 'impressive' how come I can't get an interview? - 54 Replies

Most of my background is in office support and call centers. I have 6 years office experience and 4 and a half years in customer service. I recently...

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 7 months ago

Need Unbiased Opinion - 5 Replies

Ok, I completed my second round of on-site interviews. First round was with the hiring manager and peers, second was with future direct reports. ...

Agent Zero in Fair Oaks, California

Updated 7 months ago

Interviewed, who to contact after and when - 1 Reply

Hi, I was interviewed a week ago for an engineering internship, I haven't heard back. When I asked for the hiring managers business card at the...

VivianH in San Jose, California

Updated 7 months ago

Position Change during Interview, sketchy? - 2 Replies

I have been through the entire process of interviewing, phone interview, in person interview, and reference check. I called HR last Friday, and she...

Updated 7 months ago

How long should one wait for an interview to be scheduled? - 1 Reply

I'm looking for some advice. I had an interview at the beginning of April - for me it was the first interview, for the other candidates it was their...

Updated 7 months ago

Negative questions on interviews! - 7 Replies

Recently I went to an interview and all they asked were negative questions: Tell us about the time you had a disagreement with a colleague? Tell us...

Updated 7 months ago

Job offer during interview.... - 2 Replies

Last Thursday I interviewed for a position at an organization that I have wanted to work for since I was a freshman in college. The interview went...

Updated 7 months ago

Worst interview questions, and go.... - 2 Replies

I went on an interview a couple of weeks ago and this lady was so unprofessional. Asking me "what would you think if you were offered overtime and...

Updated 7 months ago

Positive response after 2nd interview, but still waiting? - 2 Replies

I had my first interview at a small company 2 weeks ago on a Thursday - I met with the HR person as well as the individual who would be my direct...

Andromeda Rising in Rockbridge, Ohio

Updated 7 months ago

How/when to contact after interview? - 1 Reply

Last week I had an interview (second one, after an initial phone interview) for a Patient Advocate position at a local Children's Hospital. The...

northofnowhere in Raleigh, North Carolina

Updated 7 months ago

Fired with Cause - 2 Replies

I need another job - I have been out of work for almost a year. I was fired for using the company charge card for personal purchases. I had asked...

Victor-Austin in Austin

Interview with an MEP Engineering firm

I have an interview with the VP and the CEO of an engineering company at the beginning of March, after follow up a couple of times I got an email...

Updated 7 months ago

Question about interview for an insurance company - 4 Replies

I am a new graduate with advanced degrees in science. I recently got a phone call from an insurance company saying that they saw my resume online and...

DoubleJai in Chester, Maryland

Updated 7 months ago

Still interview while having a pending job offer? - 2 Replies

Hey everyone, I have a conditional offer for a really good job. I have recently completed my form 86 for a secret security clearance and was...

Updated 7 months ago

HR told me the director is reviewing my reference report and the team is still talking with other candidates. - 11 Replies

HR told me the director is reviewing my reference report and the team is still talking with other candidates. She told me she will get back to me...

gnote in Los Angeles, California

Updated 7 months ago

How to explain your irrelevant education to interviewer - 6 Replies

Hello, i want to ask if you guys have a story about getting a job without irrelevant education. I heard several success stories such as a Graduate...

Updated 7 months ago

Employer said they would notify me of the hiring decision by yesterday, but no response. Should I follow up? - 1 Reply

So the employer told me that they would notify me about whether I got the job or not on Tuesday. On Tuesday they instead notified me that they needed...

Updated 7 months ago

Is an unpaid internship worth it? - 2 Replies

I applied to many jobs and internships and I have already been rejected from most of them. I applied to an unpaid internship and now I realize that...

confused in Bloomington, Illinois

2nd Interview Cancelled Because They Were Comfortable With The First??

I had a great phone interview (I live out of state, but am relocating to the new area soon) and they scheduled a 2nd interview with the hiring...

Updated 7 months ago

withdrawing the name of a reference after interview? - 1 Reply

I am a teacher in a small Independent school in West Africa. I wish to leave the school due to a lack of support on my administration part. My...

Updated 7 months ago

HR not responding after Interview - 1 Reply

Please guys reply to what you think about my situation. I am extremely worried. In my recruitment process for a Software Developer position, I have...

Average HR Guy in Minnesota

Updated 7 months ago

2nd interview and confused with where am i at the moment? - 4 Replies

I was contacted via Linkedin's InMail by official global HR of the company XY. He introduced himself, told me the skills that they are looking for...

Tiffiney O in Northbrook, Illinois

Updated 7 months ago

Cant even get interviewed - 4 Replies

So a brief background, and I promise I'm not here to do a sob story. I worked for a company for 7 years. Had great success with them, climbed the...

charger411 in Charlotte, North Carolina

Updated 7 months ago

Thank you Email Response "We will be in touch" - 7 Replies

After sending out Thank you emails after I interviewed I received a response from one of the hiring managers. Below is what was sent: It was...

Updated 7 months ago

Did the get the job? Weirdest interview process ever - 1 Reply

Okay, so this was the weirdest interview process ever for me. I applied online for a FT Assistant Store Manager position in a retail store. I get...

Updated 7 months ago

Is that a job offer? - 3 Replies

I have completed all three phases of interviews. HR responded after the interview at the end of the day in an email as a feedback that they received...

LoriC in Riverview, Florida

Updated 7 months ago

Career Advise! I am confused with the application status - 1 Reply

I have been tracking my application status after the interview. My application status showed interview in progress before and now the status has...

LoriC in Riverview, Florida

Updated 7 months ago

No response after interview, what should I do? - 1 Reply

One Week ago,I went to a on-site interview with 5 interviewers for a finance position in a big IT company. It went well. They said they will make a...

Lookingforjob 111 in West Allis, Wisconsin

Updated 7 months ago

So I think I won't get a job offer - 2 Replies

I had an interview last Wednesday for a position with 2 openings. I was one of five final candidates. I did not feel that it went well (gut feeling)...

Average HR Guy in Minnesota

Updated 7 months ago

Second Interview Post-Interview Thank-You Notes - 2 Replies

After a positive on-site interview, I am being brought back to meet people who will potentially be my direct reports. According to the agenda, I...

VividRestlessJess in Washington, District of Columbia

Updated 7 months ago

Post-Interview Thank You Note: Hold off on Sales Pitch? - 1 Reply

Hello, all! I'm seeking advice on the format and content of my post-interview thank you letter. I interviewed with the associate director of a...

pdiconsults in Los Angeles, California

Updated 7 months ago

I missed the call from HR for the internship, what would she say? - 2 Replies

So after I was referred by the CEO of a big company, i went through two rounds interviews and they are both very positive. For the last interview i...

Steven45 in Scotts Valley, California

Waiting for offer to be "finalized"

I am in the middle of my first job search, and was wondering if the following was typical. I interviewed at a small tech company and two days later...

KRB in New York, New York

Updated 7 months ago

Verbal offer but no written, how soon to followup? Should I be worried? - 15 Replies

I've been interviewing for the next step in my career - director/executive level for Fortune 500 companies. There's this one company I'm hopeful for...

Updated 7 months ago

No response after an interview for a federal job - dragging their feet or not interested in me? - 1 Reply

It's been almost two months since I had an interview with FDA but no response received yet. At the end of the interview, I was asked to provide the...

uptoyou in providence, Rhode Island

Updated 7 months ago

MBA "bump" in counteroffer? - 2 Replies

Greetings all, I have a question related to a job offer that I'm hoping to get some input/thoughts on. I am up for a position right now (with a...

Blue Blue in Blue Island, Illinois

Updated 7 months ago

These behavioral phone interviews are a sham. - 5 Replies

I just had my first "behavioral" interview, but I'm going to call it a phone screening. The entire concept is that past behavior will predict future...

TL140 in South Carolina

Updated 7 months ago

Skype Interview - 1 Reply

Recently I had a Skype interview with 3 people due to geographical difference between us. I had a phone interview with the manager (one of the 3...

JobHuntingStan in Nevada

Updated 7 months ago

What do you guys think of my chances? - 1 Reply

So 4 weeks ago I was contacted by a company for a phone interview with the HR rep, and once that was done she scheduled an in person interview with...

Calfornian in Hayward, California

Updated 7 months ago

Was laid off and now find my exact position being advertised pubically - 2 Replies

I was laid off in April and now it is May first and I see that my exact position, in the same department and under the same manager is being publicly...

Page: « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.