12 job interviews but no job offers

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 238)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

FB in Hyattsville, Maryland

28 months ago

Lauren in Beltsville, Maryland said: In the last 9 months of job searching I have had 12 different interviews, but zero job offers. Most of the interviews seem to go really well and the conversation is great. I'm in the D.C job market, has anyone else experienced this? Also any HR people out there that could give me any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Nice, I googled and got this, and I probably live a few miles away from you. Anyway yes I've had several interviews(mostly in DC) and zero offers. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but you are not alone!

So far in all of them I've made it through a phone interview and been offered an in-person. I just can't seem to get past the interview.

Hope your situation has changed since I see this was posted 9 months ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

smarty86

28 months ago

Meh in Gibsonton, Florida said: I'm amazed at the fact that you got 12 interviews.

Most people these days are lucky to get 3 or 4 within a period of up to a year.

Ive gotten 10 interviews within the last 6 months and 3 of those months were during the holiday season when things were S.L.O.W. but no job as of yet, which really really sux.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gettingfrustrated in Erie, Pennsylvania

28 months ago

I couldn't agree more! I have been out of work for almost 4 months and immediately buckled down and started targeting employers with concise, well written cover letter and customized resumes (I have a degree in writing), as well as follow up calls, emails, and networking. To date I have had over ten interviews (after sending out over 50 resumes), 4 of which were with one company alone, with NO offers!

One company told me that I was very qualified for a higher level position in their organization but that it would not be opening up for 6 months to a year and to apply again when it does. Another told me I was overqualified, yet another said I was under qualified for a lower level position! Now I am in limbo waiting to hear whether or not I will get an offer at the latest company I interviewed with, and I have a feeling the answer will be no because they know what my salary was at my most recent job and they can't come close to it (even though it is the same job, different company).

I understand that I might make less, but I told then I was willing to go down over $10k and they still balked! Seriously? Why did I even get an advanced education and spend years getting experience? It seems like they want the "perfect" candidate but they don't want to pay what the "perfect" person deserves!

For example, I have seen dozens of ads for professional positions that say "Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred" with a salary range of $10-$13 per hour DOE. It makes me want to scream. I am honestly wondering if this isn't just a huge racket-trick people into thinking that they are investing in their future by getting a long (7 years for me) and expensive ($80K for me) education and then be laughed at when they ask for more than $30k per year in a mid-level professional position! I am not entry level, I have years of experience and I am just about at the end of my rope with frustration.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

28 months ago

gettingfrustrated in Erie, Pennsylvania said: For example, I have seen dozens of ads for professional positions that say "Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred" with a salary range of $10-$13 per hour DOE. It makes me want to scream. I am honestly wondering if this isn't just a huge racket-trick people into thinking that they are investing in their future by getting a long (7 years for me) and expensive ($80K for me) education and then be laughed at when they ask for more than $30k per year in a mid-level professional position! I am not entry level, I have years of experience and I am just about at the end of my rope with frustration.

The degree(s) are not a job requirement, they are a filter. My sister works for the school district and they had an opening for a part-time evening receptionist with benefits. You know how many apps they got? Over 3,000!

So how do you limit the applicant pool? You raise the bar - high!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

JustHireMeAlready in Jersey City, New Jersey

26 months ago

I feel like stumbling upon this forum was a Godsend. I literally googled "why do i have so many interviews but no job" at the sheer frustration of another job rejection letter received. I have a file of 300+ job related e-mails, to keep an archive of whom I've sent my information out too and whom I can reach out to again. I quit my last job because I had the bosses and job from hell. I couldn't find the time to search for a job because by the time I came home from work, I wanted to cry. I chose unemployment because my sanity, my health, and my relationships with family and friends were being very much affected. I quit to find my sanity and to find a company that would respect me. It's been 8-9months of "full-time unemployment" with little freelance gigs in-between. But, I can't begin to stress how frustrated I am, but I feel everyone in this forum can really understand where I’m coming from. These days, (generally) you can’t seem to go to school for one thing and call it a safe bet and assume your 9-5 job will be close to what you studied in college. Sometimes I think job hunting is all about luck. Right time. Right connections. Right personality. Right words spat out in the interview. Right experience. If Lady Luck happens to spit her luck out in any one of these check points, perhaps I/you might have something going. But, through my experience, I feel that it’s going to take at least three of those points together to give you/me a higher chance of being a serious candidate. I have gone on countless in-person/phone interviews that I've lost track & changed my resume/cover letter over 50x. I've gone to bookstores and done so much research to help me obtain a job. I'm a firm believer that it is really out of our control. I have many friends, who all shared their job stories. Almost all of them tell me that it was through professional connections, friends, previous job training/internships who are willing to keep them for full time, or sheer luck. You are all amazing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

FLTeacher in Dunedin, Florida

26 months ago

It's coming up on a year now and I too have sent out hundreds and hundreds of well-researched job applications. I write concise cover letters and balanced resumes, the result of much research and effort. But still, no job offer. Although I've heard it's who you know, I don't believe this to be true in the public school system. I'm on great terms with lots of teachers and administrators, but there is not one of them who would go so far as to pull in an unemployed teacher. Everyone runs around scared of they're own jobs and wouldn't chance anything. So, for now, I'm working on my own independent projects and hoping that by taking this huge leap of faith, that the universe will see my desires and bless me with some success. And by success, it doesn't mean I need monetary reward. I want to feel appreciated, rewarded, and most of all to be a help and resource to those I encounter. It's been a strange sort of tug and pull, but all I can do is take things literally a day at a time using any ounce of introspection I may have garnered over my lifetime to try and make sense of this situation.

So, if you're in a long-term unemployed status like me, I hope you read this and know that you're not alone. This posting is just my little way of giving you a pat on the back and encourage you to stay strong and keep going.

HS in Austin, Texas

26 months ago

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania said: Last month (July), I went to interview for a part-time position with a company that does legal services. Even though the position was part-time, they require a three-week training period at 28 hours a week for $11.75 am hour. This would have been above the $1000-a-month limit in order to keep my Social Security Disability. Therefore, I withdrew from consideration.

Ten days ago, I had a telephone interview for a part-time position with a marketing firm. I followed up again today (Monday, August 15), and the girl that I interviewed with told me that it's a two-block walk from the bus stop. The thing is this: it is located in an area where there are no bus shelters, no place that I can run for cover in case of bad weather, no sidewalks, nor any place where I can sit down and wait for the bus; especially with my arthritic knees, and I have difficulty walking. Once again, I withdrew from consideration.

We also had heavy rains here in Philadelphia both yesterday and today, and I've had a fear of thunderstorms ever since I was a kid. If you think these thunderstorms are bad; wait until the winter gets here. Last winter, as an example, the bus stops were snow-covered, and I was not about to stand out in the middle of the street waiting for the bus. I also cancelled an interview back in January, right before I got laid off, because of all the snow and ice here. Therefore, I will not work out in that particular area.

I realize that I need to get back to work, but my safety and well being come first.

You don't seem like the other posters. I'm looking for a job and have total empathy for the people posting here, but I would avoid you like the plague if I were in HR because you have too many requirements.

I hope you find something that suits you though. Maybe you should check out the public transit and weather patterns before you set up the interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

DJ in Williamsburg, Virginia

26 months ago

I have been out of full time work for 3 years. I have had 10 interviews in the last 9 months and no offers. In the past I have interviewed very well and nearly always landed a job after only one or two interviews. I can only think age discrimination is hitting me square in the face. It is hard to deal with and even my wife is leaving me as I am not a provider. I work part time to at least bring in something. Anyone in the same boat who found an answer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

26 months ago

DJ in Williamsburg, Virginia said: I have been out of full time work for 3 years. I can only think age discrimination is hitting me square in the face.

Make sure that you are targeting employers that hire the elderly. Yeah, I am there too and I am very conscious of companies/industries and professions that are "youth oriented". I have wasted enough time with them.

I went to an amusement park recently with my niece and I was impressed with how many people my age work there. Sorry but at some point you can't be an astronaut or work at Hooters anymore.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nancy in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

26 months ago

"It is hard to deal with and even my wife is leaving me as I am not a provider. I work part time to at least bring in something. Anyone in the same boat who found an answer?"

I'm sorry if this is out of line...but if your wife is leaving you because you "are not a provider" as you say, she has some serious issues...not the least of which is unemployment! Again, I am sorry...but this pisses me off. If I remember correctly, those vows said for better or for worse, and for richer AND poorer. Nowhere did it say only when times are good! I just don't get it and I've been married for almost 25 years AND unemployed for the last 2 years. How can someone be such a gold digger that your marriage is based solely on what you bring home? I'm sure this doesn't solve your problem or even help, but don't put yourself down even more.

Anthony in Huntington, West Virginia

25 months ago

It sucks having a 4.0 college GPA in economics and finance, but can't find a job due to having no prior work experience. I have applied to like 15 places and was only interviewed 3 times, which I was denied every time. It seems like I'll need a miracle to get hired as a cashier.

Go Getter in Beardstown, Illinois

25 months ago

Anthony in Huntington, West Virginia said: It sucks having a 4.0 college GPA in economics and finance, but can't find a job due to having no prior work experience. I have applied to like 15 places and was only interviewed 3 times, which I was denied every time. It seems like I'll need a miracle to get hired as a cashier.

In this day and age most people need a tangible job skill to offer the job market. At some point in time way back when people could come out of college with a generalist BA/BS and get a good job. Some people still can today, but mostly they're the people with connections who'll get them the position at a good employer. Unless you're an Accounting, Nursing, Engineering grad college does not give you those tangible skills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

a martin in London, United Kingdom

25 months ago

Lauren in Beltsville, Maryland said: In the last 9 months of job searching I have had 12 different interviews, but zero job offers. Most of the interviews seem to go really well and the conversation is great. I'm in the D.C job market, has anyone else experienced this? Also any HR people out there that could give me any tips would be greatly appreciated!

The sad fact is that you need a degree these days just to wipe someone`s backside, or alternatively have already been doing the job you`re applying for since the year dot. Then there`s the fact that if you don`t fit in to the new PC requirement bracket of being young, black, gay, or disabled then you are completely stuffed, and it`s all neatly masked under the so called `equality and diversity` umbrella. People don`t get jobs anymore because they are capable of doing them, it`s all down to whether you can fulfill certain PC criteria and make the numbers look good on paper, coupled with how well you can lie during the interview. Let`s face it anyone can say they are fantastic at `this or that`, what does it actually prove? Fact is those of us who are honest in this world haven`t got a hope in hell. Don`t feel inadequate over not being offered a job, chances are you`re probably far more worthy of employment than most. Don`t let society get you down. You know your own true worth even if no one else does!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

MJ in Dunedin, Florida

25 months ago

It's basically HIRING TO THE RESUME today. You can't get past the spybot online screening software; even HR people only like what they see on paper. As long as they hire to the resume, hiring people think they're protecting themselves. It's not about finding the best candidate for the job. It's about making the screening and hiring process as easy and defendable (should a finger be pointed) as possible. And that is why you so often see incompetent people in jobs that you know you could do so much better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Aurora, Colorado

25 months ago

MJ in Dunedin, Florida said: It's basically HIRING TO THE RESUME today. You can't get past the spybot online screening software; even HR people only like what they see on paper. As long as they hire to the resume, hiring people think they're protecting themselves. It's not about finding the best candidate for the job. It's about making the screening and hiring process as easy and defendable (should a finger be pointed) as possible. And that is why you so often see incompetent people in jobs that you know you could do so much better.

This is a perfect synopsis of what the real situation is. And few hiring managers would even know how to determine which of the applicants was really the most competent (no, asking where someone expects to be in 5 years doesn't produce any information about their ability to do a job).

Hiring to the resume guarantees that the Dunning-Kruger effect will come into play. People who aren't very good often don't know it, so their resumes are often very impressive. I have a woman in one of my classes who was part of the interview team for a job that I didn't even make the final round of interviews for. She is so far below my level (and below the level of most of the other students) that it isn't funny, yet she has a good job and I have none.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Aurora, Colorado

25 months ago

Anthony in Huntington, West Virginia said: It sucks having a 4.0 college GPA in economics and finance , but can't find a job due to having no prior work experience. I have applied to like 15 places and was only interviewed 3 times, which I was denied every time. It seems like I'll need a miracle to get hired as a cashier .

It sucks having a 4.0 college GPA in computer science and 25+ years of experience but can't find a job because I "only used Java in school".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Aurora, Colorado

25 months ago

Go Getter in Beardstown, Illinois said: In this day and age most people need a tangible job skill to offer the job market. At some point in time way back when people could come out of college with a generalist BA/BS and get a good job. Some people still can today, but mostly they're the people with connections who'll get them the position at a good employer. Unless you're an Accounting , Nursing, Engineering grad college does not give you those tangible skills.

That's because there is an experienced unemployed person available who won't need any training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Miss Nancy

25 months ago

They will interview 100 people and they will get the most experienced person for the least amount of money. About 7 years ago, they hired the first person to apply because they were lucky to find anyone! The economy is so bad, laid off Computer Engineers are taking tech jobs for $12.50 an hour to avoid losing their houses!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

25 months ago

Miss Nancy said: They will interview 100 people and they will get the most experienced person for the least amount of money. About 7 years ago, they hired the first person to apply because they were lucky to find anyone! The economy is so bad, laid off Computer Engineers are taking tech jobs for $12.50 an hour to avoid losing their houses!

Yup! They want experience, sometimes very exact experience and they want someone else to have paid for it. I just went on an interview like this.

And yeah, I'll take $12.50 an hour now but I can't get it.

Good Cook in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

25 months ago

I am experiencing the same thing in Ohio, a friend of mine is experiencing this nationally - she's relocating and interviewing in East/West locations.

Not enough jobs in your category and too many applicants is why this is happening.

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin

25 months ago

Jeff in Aurora, Colorado said: She is so far below my level (and below the level of most of the other students) that it isn't funny, yet she has a good job and I have none.

They'll find out once they hire someone like this that the person can't handle the job. She can't fake it on the job like in an interview.

Nancy in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

25 months ago

Another point is that I am so beaten down that I wonder if I am capable of just answering the phones anymore! I am being told that there is always someone better and the rejection is killing me. At this point, I sincerely doubt that I will EVER get a job as there will always be someone better.

Bluetea in Texas

25 months ago

Nancy in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania said: Another point is that I am so beaten down that I wonder if I am capable of just answering the phones anymore! I am being told that there is always someone better and the rejection is killing me. At this point, I sincerely doubt that I will EVER get a job as there will always be someone better.

I feel the same way. I constantly fight the self-doubts that I have. Wish they had a pill for this.

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

25 months ago

Nancy in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania said: Another point is that I am so beaten down that I wonder if I am capable of just answering the phones anymore! I am being told that there is always someone better and the rejection is killing me. At this point, I sincerely doubt that I will EVER get a job as there will always be someone better.

Beaten down...me too.....a little bitter about life also. Anger.

I actually take it out on the 1 percent when I run into them every now and them.

MJ in Dunedin, Florida

25 months ago

We're all frustrated and dejected, often questioning our own abilities. Just by hearing the commonalities in our stories, I have hope that it's not me, but that I'm just an emotional victim of the circumstance that I'm in at the moment.

But damned if I'll let the idiots win this war on me! I have to keep not only telling myself that there's more meaning in my not getting a job, but when things are toughest, I need to really look around and ask what am I doing now, who am I influencing (even if it's myself!), that I wouldn't have the opportunity to do or learn from if I was at a job all day.

Hindsight has so often taught me that from the really ugly life turns, some really good turns come back around. It's just that sometimes those turns are really long can make me really carsick.

It's been a year and more than 20 interviews-- I can't even count the resume submissions to jobs I'm qualified for. They range in the hundreds, for sure.

Some days are better than others, but I have to keep looking forward. Yesterday is gone by, tommorrow hasn't happened... today is what we've got to deal with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FogCityGirl in San Francisco, California

25 months ago

Getting that many interviews is impressive, meaning that you do have what it takes to get the interviews. These days companies have so many applicants they can pick and choose. Did you test for this job? How many second interviews did you have? Did you send thank yous to the interviewers and/or the recruiter?

FogCityGirl in San Francisco, California

25 months ago

It's true that people need to click with their co-workers and can be trained. It depends on the level of the job. I've had interviews where I had this happen, and I thought they did like me. However, they said they were going with someone with a better fit. Really? I have the experience and we clicked? Or I thought we did.

Bluetea in Texas

25 months ago

FogCityGirl in San Francisco, California said: It's true that people need to click with their co-workers and can be trained. It depends on the level of the job. I've had interviews where I had this happen, and I thought they did like me. However, they said they were going with someone with a better fit. Really? I have the experience and we clicked? Or I thought we did.

The blue eye shadow and the Metallica tattoo might have turned them off. Just kidding. The interview is very subjective. Its kind of like high school and that you have to be one of the cool girls - which I never was.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

a martin in London, United Kingdom

25 months ago

Well said!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

MJ in Dunedin, Florida

25 months ago

FogCityGirl in San Francisco, California said: Getting that many interviews is impressive, meaning that you do have what it takes to get the interviews. These days companies have so many applicants they can pick and choose. Did you test for this job? How many second interviews did you have? Did you send thank yous to the interviewers and/or the recruiter?

There was no testing needed as the positions required specific teacher certifications, which I have (5 different ones even). They don't do second interviews in my county to hire teachers. And yes, I sent thank you notes to every single interview I went to, but only one even acknowleged that I sent it.

It's a very political system and I even had former co-workers who put in a good word for me at a few of the schools. I felt as though the interviews went well as I knew how to answer all their questions fully and thoroughly.

I dunno....

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin

25 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: I feel the same way. I constantly fight the self-doubts that I have. Wish they had a pill for this.

They have something for that. It comes in a big bottle and it's called liquid courage. :D

25 months ago

MJ in Dunedin, Florida said: We're all frustrated and dejected, often questioning our own abilities. Just by hearing the commonalities in our stories, I have hope that it's not me, but that I'm just an emotional victim of the circumstance that I'm in at the moment.

But damned if I'll let the idiots win this war on me! I have to keep not only telling myself that there's more meaning in my not getting a job, but when things are toughest, I need to really look around and ask what am I doing now, who am I influencing (even if it's myself!), that I wouldn't have the opportunity to do or learn from if I was at a job all day.

Hindsight has so often taught me that from the really ugly life turns, some really good turns come back around. It's just that sometimes those turns are really long can make me really carsick.

It's been a year and more than 20 interviews-- I can't even count the resume submissions to jobs I'm qualified for. They range in the hundreds, for sure.

Some days are better than others, but I have to keep looking forward. Yesterday is gone by, tommorrow hasn't happened... today is what we've got to deal with.

Forcing us to the point of desperation where we'll take any job just to survive is a wet dream for many in the U.S. who run corporate America. An economy like this keeps many people in line, dealing with situations on the job rather than telling the boss to shove it. A compliant, blindly obedient work force is a dream come true for many at the top of the corporate pyramid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

25 months ago

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin said: They have something for that. It comes in a big bottle and it's called liquid courage. :D

I wish I could drink! Alas, alcoholism runs in my family.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nick in Somerville, Massachusetts

25 months ago

I didn't vote your comment down, but alcoholism isn't hereditary. Both my grandpas were pretty alcoholic, and I don't drink near the quantity either of them ever did. That being said, I can polish off a bottle of cheap wine by myself pretty quickly! But I can't remember the last time I was slurry speech, unable to drive level.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mary in Tampa, Florida

25 months ago

I came from a family of alcoholics on both sides too. I remember quite well. I too can do some heavy drinking. However, I drink very liberally.

MJ in Dunedin, Florida

25 months ago

I certainly have not just taken "any" job yet. In the past, I've cleaned houses, painted empty apartments, and done whatever I had to do to keep things moving. Being blindly obedient is often rewarded, but it's not true to who I am, and I will not change who I am at this point in my life. As many of us are, we are fantastic team players and leaders when asked to assume such a role. But I have children who I model good citizenship skills and one of them is not compromising personal values. When I find a job that values my contributions and ethics, then everyone will be happy.

Bluetea in Texas

25 months ago

Nick in Somerville, Massachusetts said: I didn't vote your comment down, but alcoholism isn't hereditary. Both my grandpas were pretty alcoholic, and I don't drink near the quantity either of them ever did. That being said, I can polish off a bottle of cheap wine by myself pretty quickly! But I can't remember the last time I was slurry speech, unable to drive level.

Not in the way red hair or green eyes is but AA says there is a "tendency" for alcoholism to "run in families". Both my aunt and brother died of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John in Severna Park, Maryland

25 months ago

Yes, that is what AA says, but unfortunately, little they say has much basis in science. Ultimately, it is a religious awakening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

25 months ago

John in Severna Park, Maryland said: Yes, that is what AA says, but unfortunately, little they say has much basis in science. Ultimately, it is a religious awakening.

True and their "success rate" is only about 50% but higher than anybody else's.

Nick in Somerville, Massachusetts

25 months ago

It runs in families because the liquor cabinet is in the same house, that's about it.

I didn't have a drop of liquor until college, where my college promptly roomed me with an ex-marine and a raging alcoholic who once had a case of beer in a day. That showed me that there are definitely limits between "enjoying drinking" and "not enjoying it or anything else at all."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Make sure that you are targeting employers that hire the elderly. Yeah, I am there too and I am very conscious of companies/industries and professions that are "youth oriented". I have wasted enough time with them.

I went to an amusement park recently with my niece and I was impressed with how many people my age work there. Sorry but at some point you can't be an astronaut or work at Hooters anymore.

Amazing how so many employers talk about diversity in the workplace and are all for racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity but remain silent when it comes to age.

Cam in Aurora, Colorado

23 months ago

No job for almost 5 months now. I have a Bachelors in Finance but it is almost impossible to get in the door without 3 to 5 years experience already in this field. I had 3 jobs at the same time before this, none were satisfying or challenging and there was little money to be made for working 60+ hours/week. I also currently have a car that isn't running properly, a broken foot, no health insurance( just turned 26), no job prospects, no way to currently get to interviews easily, no money, and very little optimism left. The days only seem to get longer as I stare out of my window and all it makes me want to do is sleep so I can wake up the next day and be greeted with some form of good news. But that too, seems to be further away than ever. All I want is an opportunity, is that asking too much?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

a martin in Corby, United Kingdom

23 months ago

Don`t give up hope. I know how frustrating and soul destroying this can be. Why don`t you look into setting up your own business and become master of your own destiny? You are obviously very intelligent, so don`t rely on others to make it happen. We can`t change the world but we can make positive changes in OUR world. As the saying goes `when life gives you lemons make lemondade`. I really believe you can do it. It`s never too late to turn something around. Learn to be in the world but not of it! Good luck and best wishes for the future!

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

23 months ago

Cam in Aurora, Colorado said: No job for almost 5 months now. I have a Bachelors in Finance but it is almost impossible to get in the door without 3 to 5 years experience already in this field. I had 3 jobs at the same time before this, none were satisfying or challenging and there was little money to be made for working 60+ hours/week. I also currently have a car that isn't running properly, a broken foot, no health insurance( just turned 26), no job prospects, no way to currently get to interviews easily, no money, and very little optimism left. The days only seem to get longer as I stare out of my window and all it makes me want to do is sleep so I can wake up the next day and be greeted with some form of good news. But that too, seems to be further away than ever. All I want is an opportunity, is that asking too much?

Do you have a girlfriend at least?

Cam in Aurora, Colorado

23 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: Do you have a girlfriend at least?

That would only add to the troubles lol. I'm more of the single type anyway, so being single doesn't bother me nearly as much as the rest of what I listed. Besides, once I get everything else in order, those kind of things seem to fall in place more easily.

Joe Gagill in Loch Sheldrake, New York

23 months ago

boyfriend???

Cam in Aurora, Colorado

23 months ago

Joe Gagill in Loch Sheldrake, New York said: boyfriend???

No. Once again, I'm not the relationship type, or maybe I just pick the worst girlfriends. Getting my life together first is much more important than some girl that it probably won't work out with anyway.

Bluetea in Texas

23 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: Do you have a girlfriend at least?

You sound like my mother?

John in Catonsville, Maryland

23 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: You sound like my mother?

I hope he doesn't look like her!

Joe Gagill in Loch Sheldrake, New York

23 months ago

Cam in Aurora, Colorado said: No. Once again, I'm not the relationship type, or maybe I just pick the worst girlfriends. Getting my life together first is much more important than some girl that it probably won't work out with anyway.

Like me then.

Master of your domain!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.