2 interviews, a background check(clean), but still interviewing?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Robb in Spring Hill, Florida

16 months ago

Had a job interview that went GREAT. Before I even got home from the interview, I already had a call on my home phone setting me up for a second interview the next day. At this interview, they gave me a background check. This one was a great interview as well. Both lasted for about an hour. This was last Tuesday. They told me they had other interviews to conduct,but needed to fill the position ASAP because one of the managers was going on vacation.
I decided to call yesterday (Monday) because I received another job offer. I would prefer to work for the company I still am waiting on an answer for, so I called them to see if they filled the position yet. The manager said he is still conducting interviews and I will know on Friday if I got the job.
Because he is still conducting interviews, it makes me feel like I wasn't the right candidate even though the interviews went great. They went in-depth with me about the store and company, discussed salary, and asked when I could start. He took me around and introduced me to employees.The employees really liked me. One even commented, when I came in for my second interview, she knew my name already because she only remembers the names of people she like. Even a customer I was chatting with before I met with the manager yelled across the store, as I was leaving, that he knows I will get the job because of my personality. The manager was standing right there when he said it.
I am probably just getting worked up over nothing, but, as time goes by, I am getting more and more worried. What are your opinions about this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado

16 months ago

It all means nothing until you are hired. Put it on the back burner. Do not call again, even if you've heard nothing by Friday.

In the meantime, take the other offer. A bird in the hand, you know. Although it was unheard of in years past, you can leave that job if the job you want comes through. At-will employment cuts both ways, including the employee's way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

16 months ago

Robb in Spring Hill, Florida said: Had a job interview that went GREAT. Before I even got home from the interview, I already had a call on my home phone setting me up for a second interview the next day. At this interview, they gave me a background check. This one was a great interview as well. Both lasted for about an hour. This was last Tuesday. They told me they had other interviews to conduct,but needed to fill the position ASAP because one of the managers was going on vacation.
I decided to call yesterday (Monday) because I received another job offer. I would prefer to work for the company I still am waiting on an answer for, so I called them to see if they filled the position yet. The manager said he is still conducting interviews and I will know on Friday if I got the job.
Because he is still conducting interviews, it makes me feel like I wasn't the right candidate even though the interviews went great. They went in-depth with me about the store and company, discussed salary, and asked when I could start. He took me around and introduced me to employees.The employees really liked me. One even commented, when I came in for my second interview, she knew my name already because she only remembers the names of people she like. Even a customer I was chatting with before I met with the manager yelled across the store, as I was leaving, that he knows I will get the job because of my personality. The manager was standing right there when he said it.
I am probably just getting worked up over nothing, but, as time goes by, I am getting more and more worried. What are your opinions about this?

The unemployed guy is right. No need for any further navel gazing. Your story is typical. Keep looking, keep applying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

16 months ago

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I have relatives in Spring Hill.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.