3rd Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

myDeliverance in Douglasville, Georgia

45 months ago

I had one telephone interview and one face-to-face and both went very well. The hiring manager told me she would call on Friday to schedule a meeting with the company president but it is Monday night and no call. Should I follow up? What generally happens in the 3rd interview with the company president -- maybe an offer and salary discussion?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

S_Palma in Larchmont, New York

45 months ago

myDeliverance in Douglasville, Georgia said: I had one telephone interview and one face-to-face and both went very well. The hiring manager told me she would call on Friday to schedule a meeting with the company president but it is Monday night and no call. Should I follow up? What generally happens in the 3rd interview with the company president -- maybe an offer and salary discussion?

I had a similar interview process. You probably will be called for a third interview. I did not send any followup E-mails. I was contacted a few days later, also a couple of days late. After the third interview with the Vice President, I was told HR would could be calling me shortly, for my references. If a background check was not done already, this would also be necessary. If refernces and background checks are OK, you will officialy be offered the position. If the HR process or the next step is not discussed, this could also mean, that they have another candidate(s) they would also like to interview, before proceeding. If HR or the next step is not discussed, you may not be selected for the position This is the way it was for me in getting my job. Followup E-mails will not do much. The company knows you want the position and are serious about employment. Don't annoy or rush them with followups. Note: This is my opinion, if you choose to contact them again, go right ahead. One company I interviewed with recently, told me to call them within 2 days, if the technical interviewer did not contact me by phone. I was never contacted, but when I contacted HR as they instructed, they also did not get back to me right away. If I followed up again, I knew that I would be seen as a pest or a problem. Employers do not want to be rushed or inconvenienced during the employment process. Give it some more time and I'm sure you will be contacted again shortly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

S_Palma in Larchmont, New York

45 months ago

I had a similar interview process. You probably will be called for a third interview. I did not send any followup E-mails. I was contacted a few days later, also a couple of days late. After the third interview with the Vice President, I was told HR would could be calling me shortly, for my references. If a background check was not done already, this would also be necessary. If refernces and background checks are OK, you will officialy be offered the position. If the HR process or the next step is not discussed, this could also mean, that they have another candidate(s) they would also like to interview, before proceeding. If HR or the next step is not discussed, you may not be selected for the position This is the way it was for me in getting my job. Followup E-mails will not do much. The company knows you want the position and are serious about employment. Don't annoy or rush them with followups. Note: This is my opinion, if you choose to contact them again, go right ahead. One company I interviewed with recently, told me to call them within 2 days, if the technical interviewer did not contact me by phone. I was never contacted, but when I contacted HR as they instructed, they also did not get back to me right away. If I followed up again, I knew that I would be seen as a pest or a problem. Employers do not want to be rushed or inconvenienced during the employment process. Give it some more time and I'm sure you will be contacted again shortly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.