After 2nd interview I was promised a follow-up.. 2.5 weeks later, still no response.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Anonymous in Hobbs, New Mexico

28 months ago

Ok so I sent an application to a prominent bio-tech company about 4 months ago. About a month ago I received a reply, and shortly after I had a phone interview. The first interview couldn't have possibly gone any better and I was told that he was going to recommend me on for the next interview. The very next day I received a reply and set up my second phone interview for the following week. My second interview also went just as well and we immediately clicked. He too told me that I had all of the skills and work experience they were working for and that he wanted to introduce me to the team that I would be working with. He said he would contact the head HR person in charge of setting up the position, and she would subsequently contact me regarding the details of when I would be able to go out and meet the team. It's been almost two and a half weeks now and I still have not been contacted by anyone from the company. I followed up my second interview with a well written thank you note, and called to follow up on Friday (it's now Monday). How long should I wait until I just give up on this company? I've been job hunting for over a year now and this would not be the first time I was directly told I would be contacted again shortly, only to never hear from the company again. Any suggestions or words of advice? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

28 months ago

Anonymous in Hobbs, New Mexico said: Ok so I sent an application to a prominent bio-tech company about 4 months ago. About a month ago I received a reply, and shortly after I had a phone interview. The first interview couldn't have possibly gone any better and I was told that he was going to recommend me on for the next interview. The very next day I received a reply and set up my second phone interview for the following week. My second interview also went just as well and we immediately clicked. He too told me that I had all of the skills and work experience they were working for and that he wanted to introduce me to the team that I would be working with. He said he would contact the head HR person in charge of setting up the position, and she would subsequently contact me regarding the details of when I would be able to go out and meet the team. It's been almost two and a half weeks now and I still have not been contacted by anyone from the company. I followed up my second interview with a well written thank you note, and called to follow up on Friday (it's now Monday). How long should I wait until I just give up on this company? I've been job hunting for over a year now and this would not be the first time I was directly told I would be contacted again shortly, only to never hear from the company again. Any suggestions or words of advice? Thanks!

Sorry to hear that. Want a cookie?

Whatever you do, keep looking. Regardless of what anybody ever says, keep looking until you get a real paycheck. People say a lot of things.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Silver Spring, Maryland

28 months ago

Were the 2 interviews with 2 different people?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ms. Wash731 in Oak Park, Illinois

28 months ago

Keep looking and remmeber there is nothing wrong with sending whats called an inquiry regarding your application status. You can mention what he said and request status of your application. Make sure it is short and to the point. I would wait about 1 week from the last correspondence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.