BOA with Edward Jones

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (30)

Sidney in Osseo, Minnesota

76 months ago

I have an interview today for a BOA position with Edward Jones. I was told I would have to take a math and written exam. Does anyone have information on this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (137) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

TracyQ in Titusville, Florida

75 months ago

I am going through the hiring process also. The math and spelling parts aren't too bad on the test. The reading comprehension parts and the behavioral type questions were a little daunting. Good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

April Stout in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

75 months ago

TracyQ in Titusville, Florida said: I am going through the hiring process also. The math and spelling parts aren't too bad on the test. The reading comprehension parts and the behavioral type questions were a little daunting. Good luck to you!

Could you expand a bit on the workplace skills test you took? Is it basic math? Able to use calculator? Is it multiple questions, etc.? Just trying to get a feel as to what the test is like. I appreciate any input.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SueB in O Fallon, Illinois

74 months ago

TracyQ in Titusville, Florida said: I am going through the hiring process also. The math and spelling parts aren't too bad on the test. The reading comprehension parts and the behavioral type questions were a little daunting. Good luck to you!

I have an interview on Thursday, and was wondering if you have taken the test? What was it like. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

V.M in Cleveland, Ohio

74 months ago

Hi. I had my phone interview for BOA position and am scheduled for the in-person interview on Thursday. What type of test should I expect? Basic Math?, Calculater needed? Thanks. I really need and want this job. It is 3 minutes from my house- another plus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

SueB in O Fallon, Illinois

74 months ago

I was allowed to bring a calculator. Basic math, need to be able to add fractions, time (hours, min. sec.), spelling, and a couple of word problems - not difficult though, and vocabulary. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

V.M in Cleveland, Ohio

74 months ago

Thanks. That's all I would need- to be disqualified because of a 6th grade math test!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Frannie Fran in Killeen, Texas

72 months ago

Hey there,
You will do fine on the test- just basic knowledge stuff. After the test you may be called by recruiter, cmplt a 14 pge app for then, phone interview w/ recuiter, interview with FA, pass background, and given hire date, get fingerprinted- which you take to the office on your first day. Good Luck
The Edward Jones company is sort of like franchises. Each Financial Advisor in essence is a small business owner and even though you will work for Edward Jones - and the FA is suppose to follow their guidelines, you could be put in positions that challenge your fortitude as a person. So be careful, look them up at your local BBB. I worked at Ed Jones for about a month. My opportunity soon turned to umemployment due to the Fianancial Advisor I was hired for. I am just saying do your homework for the FA you may work for. The opps look great but this man wanted me to tell lies to his boss, did not respond to client request, disregared request, failed audits and maliciously disregarded compliance standards for his own reasons, would not wire funds to clients when requested. He asked me to proctor a AAMS test for him, had me sign off on the proctor guidelines and rules and on the day of the test would not allow me in his office while he took the test, which is a requirement for the proctor.
I know all Ed Jones FA's are not like this one, unfortunately I never met anyone else from Edward Jones. However, I did report the things I was required to report, advised the Home Office and spoke with about 6 people in the Compliance, Harrasement and Audit divisions of the company without one response. When I started feeling truly unsafe alone in the off with this FA I had to choose hunger over a livelihood.
I would love to have stayed with this company but I think I should have been more selective about who my employer was. I have worked for huge financial companies and never have been faced with a morale or ethical delima of this nature.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LB in Dayton, Ohio

72 months ago

Unethical issues must also work for aTransportation Supervisor or a school system I was driving for. Quit politely once and them asked them to hire me back year and a half later. Things never changed, when told school policy superseeds ORC and AOC she can say whatever she wants and hopes you fall into the trap. My mistake was not asking for it in writing. Was told to relinquish my keys and everything would stay in confidence. Husbands advice was to keep quiet. And I had no idea what they were speaking of as I was never told I had done anything specifically wron except that I did not follow proper procedure. I told the Superintendent that I would be happy to sit down with him and go over all of my notes and reports. These drivers told me to note everything. Guess they never thought I would. Never heard a word. Wish I had gone to the Union President as that little voice was telling me to. No, I was not a Union member nor full time. After 2 years of continual driving. Now I am having a hard time finding a job.
No one would ever answer my questions or concerns in public or a group setting.
Sad thing is I think it would really cause a stir in that department for a select number of them to be proven of baiting busses and misleading a sub driver. Unfortunately my kids are very good students and great athletes, hate to ruin their future. They are happy I'm not complaining around the table anymore as to whats going on and watching others just ignore it. Just contemplating what my rights are if I have any.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Wondering in Piedmont, South Carolina

72 months ago

Does Edward Jones require a drug test for the BOA position or just the FA prior to employment?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

crazydgldy in Springfield, Missouri

69 months ago

Wondering in Piedmont, South Carolina said: Does Edward Jones require a drug test for the BOA position or just the FA prior to employment?

I was told it is random for the BOA position. I was hired without one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CARLA FEARS in Killeen, Texas

67 months ago

Frannie, can you contact me? I would love to have you take a look at our opportunity and join my team. I love what I do and you can contact the Mitchell Group in Harker Heights and ask for me. Primerica Financial Services has afforded me to earn an income while my husband is deployed and taking care of four children on my own terms/my own schedule.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

truejobs

67 months ago

Be careful, They interview you to exclude you.

lisab123 in Medford, Oregon

67 months ago

what kinds of questions do they ask you in the face to face interview? I had my phone interview today and does anyone know how long it takes to hear from teh FA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

justdoit33 in Montclair, New Jersey

67 months ago

That depends on a variety of things.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ironchef1962 in Mount Juliet, Tennessee

67 months ago

What is the desired demographic for an FA from an EJ perspective? I'm a 46-year old white male with 4 kids. Will this help or???

Acct Exec in Alachua, Florida

67 months ago

ironchef1962 in Mount Juliet, Tennessee said: What is the desired demographic for an FA from an EJ perspective? I'm a 46-year old white male with 4 kids. Will this help or???

Edward Jones is completely non discriminatory when it comes to age, family status, etc. The company is looking for people that can and want to do the job. Only about 9 percent of applicants are accepted. When you read the other forums on here, you will see that even then not everyone makes it through the first year. Remembering back to my PDP class, we had FAs anywhere between the age of 25 and 60+.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in Edinburg, Texas

59 months ago

How extensive is the employment verification?

kiki in Kailua Kona, Hawaii

59 months ago

How much is the compensation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sorry in Orange City, Florida

56 months ago

I have been with Edward Jones 4 months and because of the FA it has turned out to be the biggest mistake of my life. I am sorry I every accepted the job. Be careful, not all FA's are nice people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gracie in Leominster, Massachusetts

43 months ago

I have a phone interview today (BOA)..what kind of questions should I expect? And how do you check out the FA's information to determine if you really want to work with them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in O Fallon, Illinois

41 months ago

Gracie in Leominster, Massachusetts said: I have a phone interview today (BOA)..what kind of questions should I expect? And how do you check out the FA's information to determine if you really want to work with them?

I have a phone interview on Mon for the BOA position. Can you tell me what kindof questions you were asked?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Chicago, Illinois

39 months ago

I have a phone interview on Monday for this position.. I submitted my resume and answered a few questions online. I was called by an HR recruiter through email stating they would like to schedule me for a phone interview and to complete an application that they attached to the email. I have set this up for Monday and I have to have the application back to them prior to the the phone interview (which I have already faxed in). I have not had to take any sort of tests though yet? Should I expect that to come later on after the phone interview (if they like me)???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Chicago, Illinois

39 months ago

Lisa in O Fallon, Illinois said: I have a phone interview on Mon for the BOA position. Can you tell me what kindof questions you were asked?

How did it go?? Did you get the position?

Christie in Chandler, Arizona

38 months ago

what does BOA stand for?

chicagoannie in Wheaton, Illinois

38 months ago

Has anyone been hired by Edward Jones as a BOA after filing bankruptcy? My husband and I lost our business in this terrible economy and I had to file Ch. 7 in 2010. Will they let me explain (I did not rack up frivolous debts) or will I automatically be disqualified to work for them?

chicagoannie in Justice, Illinois

37 months ago

chicagoannie is responding to her own question - hopefully it will help someone else who searches Ed Jones BOA and bankruptcy. I had my phone interview and it went well. It was a very professional phone interview; not your run-of-the-mill questions. Lots of "how did you handle..." or "how would you handle...." questions.

The Ed Jones interviewer went over my 14 page job application with a fine-tooth comb. Nowhere on the app does it ask about bankruptcy filings specifically, although the app does state you will have a criminal and credit check done. So I asked her where I should put my bankruptcy information and if it would exclude me from consideration. She said it may play a part in my being hired but would not exclude me. She said because of the severe economic downturn these past few years more people have filed BK and E-J has hired some. I received a call later that evening from the FA regarding setting up an in-person interview (hooray!)so hopefully me being upfront about the BK helped me. I really want and need this job!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mahogany Penguin in East Liverpool, Ohio

37 months ago

I am at the beginning stages of the Edward Jones interview process. I need so info on how much you get paid, is it just commision after a the 12 month mark. Also how much time is spent working by yourself (at home), or do you actually go to an office to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Trolling in Orlando, Florida

36 months ago

chicagoannie in Wheaton, Illinois said: Has anyone been hired by Edward Jones as a BOA after filing bankruptcy? My husband and I lost our business in this terrible economy and I had to file Ch. 7 in 2010. Will they let me explain (I did not rack up frivolous debts) or will I automatically be disqualified to work for them?

My mother and father filed for bankruptcy in 1996 with my father's company. My mother is now a 12 year Sr BOA at Edward Jones. Yes, you can still get hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ATL Braves987 in Smithfield, Virginia

34 months ago

What type of drug test does Edward Jones administer for the FA position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.