Could this be a positive sign for 2nd interview?? or am I too optimistic?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

allie in Los Angeles, California

15 months ago

I had an in person interview last friday and sent a thank you email on Monday. Today the interviewer responded to my thank you email saying

"It was nice meeting you. Just FYI we are still conducting interviews and will make a determination on who to invite for a second interview in the coming weeks"

Does this sound promising or is this a nice way of saying you will never hear form us again?? I feel like if I was out she would have said so and not mentioned the possible second round. Although if I was in the running wouldn't she have been more compelling and said something along the lines of "we WILL contact you in the coming weeks for a 2nd interview"....ahhh Im driving myself crazy

anybody have positive outcomes in similar situations???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Almost Suicidal in Cypress, Texas

15 months ago

Don't over think it. I can only imagine how many people in LA apply for a single opening. You do your best and move on. They can afford to pick and choose these days and they do. I had a phone interview a while back and was asked what attracted me to the job. When I responded, the interviewer said that was "exactly what they were looking for."

I did not get a call for a face to face and emailed the interviewe. Then I was told the job was filled. Probably wouldn't have even gotten the rejection if I hadn't followed up.

Next!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

allie in Los Angeles, California said: I had an in person interview last friday and sent a thank you email on Monday. Today the interviewer responded to my thank you email saying

"It was nice meeting you. Just FYI we are still conducting interviews and will make a determination on who to invite for a second interview in the coming weeks"

Does this sound promising or is this a nice way of saying you will never hear form us again?? I feel like if I was out she would have said so and not mentioned the possible second round. Although if I was in the running wouldn't she have been more compelling and said something along the lines of "we WILL contact you in the coming weeks for a 2nd interview"....ahhh Im driving myself crazy

anybody have positive outcomes in similar situations???

Silly girl, they say that to everybody. People say a lot of things - keep looking.

allie in Los Angeles, California

15 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Silly girl, they say that to everybody. People say a lot of things - keep looking.

I am definitely still looking, I wont let a potential maybe slow me down! :)

The reason I'm so frustrated by the vagueness of her response is because this position is at a University (which I currently work for just a different dept) and the woman that interviewed me is someone I interact with maybe once every month or two. It would be weird (for me at least) if she just never got back to me or gave me closure and I still had to interact with her..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

allie in Los Angeles, California said: I am definitely still looking, I wont let a potential maybe slow me down! :)

The reason I'm so frustrated by the vagueness of her response is because this position is at a University (which I currently work for just a different dept) and the woman that interviewed me is someone I interact with maybe once every month or two. It would be weird (for me at least) if she just never got back to me or gave me closure and I still had to interact with her..

That relationship exists in your mind not in hers.

Unix Brat in Asheville, North Carolina

15 months ago

This is not going to sound nice to the OP but....

Wouldn't it be great if this job went to somebody that was currently UNemployed?!?!?!?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Almost Suicidal in Cypress, Texas

15 months ago

That would be a positive for sure, Brat, but I'm beginning to think that rarely happens. The job will go to someone who has a job, and when their job opens up everyone will jump on that application. Rinse and repeat.....

Unix Brat in Asheville, North Carolina

15 months ago

Almost Suicidal in Cypress, Texas said: That would be a positive for sure, Brat, but I'm beginning to think that rarely happens. The job will go to someone who has a job, and when their job opens up everyone will jump on that application. Rinse and repeat.....

That's why I'm called The Brat. Flippin' the bird at society and all.

Seriously, you are probably right...*sigh*

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.