Did I get the job?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

eager_jobseeker! in Charlottesville, Virginia

33 months ago

Hello,

Last thursday I had an interview with a small financial company. I arrived to the interview 15 minutes earlier and stayed there for about 45 minutes. I was beginning interviewed by the hiring manager and staff manager. After answering one of the questions the staff manager smiled and said "you posses all the qualities in a candidate that we are looking for". I left the interview with a big smile and feeling very confident that I got the job. I sent both a thank you email with my references attached and a hand written thank you letter too. They said the would be contacting be back soon. For the last few days I have been racking my brain because I really want the job and have not heard anything yet. Do yall think I got the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Paloma in Hialeah, Florida

33 months ago

I think you should call or send an email to see if you got the job.

It's better than waiting and waiting. I know that to be very nerve-wracking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

eager_jobseeker! in Charlottesville, Virginia

33 months ago

I dont want to come off desperate but then again I want to prove that I am very interested and the job and want to show that I am eager. I dont know what to do! Job hunting is a very exciting yet frustrating experience lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

33 months ago

The interview was three business days ago. They are likely interviewing other candidates. They could make their decision in days or weeks. You've done all you should do for now. Perhaps give them a call next week to follow-up if you haven't yet heard back from them. In the mean time, keep applying to other jobs. Don't ever suspend a search based on the hope that you'll get a job because you never know until you get word from them that they are making you an offer.

Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sarah-seekin in Scranton, Pennsylvania

17 months ago

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois said: Don't ever suspend a search based on the hope that you'll get a job because you never know until you get word from them that they are making you an offer.

Good luck.

I just saw a good blog post on that, don't suspend your job search after a good interview: www.jobunlocker.com/blog/did-i-get-the-job-11-signs-you-didnt-get-it/

Keep looking, who knows, maybe you can find a higher paying job offer in the mean time, then you can have the first employer match it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

KA2 in Sydney, Australia

17 months ago

It does sound good, but you never know, there are other factors & possibly other decision makers.

In the meantime, I would keep looking for other jobs. This will do 2 things: increase your chances of getting a job quickl7 & it will take your mind off their decision for the job you mentioned.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.