Dressing for Apple Interview?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

StillJustMe in Saddle Brook, New Jersey

23 months ago

I am going to an event where the Apple store will be having a meeting with about 35 people. It's the first stage of an Apple interview.
I can no longer fit into my old interview suits. I put on weight. I do have a nice, cool sports jacket with clean jeans and black shoes I can wear. Would dressing like this be self sabotage? It's for a retail job. And I won't be meeting anyone one on one just yet.
What do you think.
PS: I can't go out and purchase a new suit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

NorthOfTheD in Troy, Michigan

23 months ago

Interesting.. because I'd generally be very cautious about over-dressing for the occasion here.. the "late and great" Steve Jobs understood full well that fancy attire does nothing to define what an individual can accomplish, and I would have certainly hoped he would have influenced the culture of Apple to reflect that philosophy to some extent. I'd think a nice dress shirt + plus tie would be more than adequate.. the leaders of innovation are seldom as obsessed with style and attire as much as the typical Corporate environment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nick in Linden, New Jersey

23 months ago

khakis, button down shirt or polo should work fine for a retail job. No need for a tie, unless you want to wear one. And shoes, not sneakers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

OldandSad in Paramus, New Jersey

21 months ago

I HEARD THAT THE ORIGINAL POSTER DID NOT GET THE JOB. THEY INTERVIEWED HER TWICE FOR THE POSITION. BUT THEY REJECTED HER JUST LIKE EVERYONE ESLE DID. SHE'S UPSET. SHE WAS REALLY QUALIFIED FOR THE JOB. SHE MUST HAVE ANSWERED ONE OF THEIR QUESTIONS WRONG. SHE'S REALLY UPSET. SHE WAS REALLY QUALIFIED FOR THE JOB!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.