Frustrated Job Seekers Rant Part III

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 604)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

14 months ago

Started a new thread because I can't get the Frustrated Job Seekers thread (or ANY thread under the Career Advice category) to open. Maybe Indeed should clean that category out and dump the thread that has 32,000 posts.

Anyway....

My "Indeed Recommended Jobs" list for today... the first page shows ten jobs. NINE of those jobs are nanny/babysitting jobs. I have a Master's degree Indeed, but it's not in Child Development. Well, I never took your recommendations seriously anyway.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

14 months ago

AndyRising in a State of Bliss said: My "Indeed Recommended Jobs" list for today... the first page shows ten jobs. NINE of those jobs are nanny/babysitting jobs.

I never realized how big the Nanny/Caregiver industry had become. One of the ladies at my church is a live-in caregiver and she said she gets calls all the time for her services or for recommendations.

She use to be a corporate trainer for one of the big restaurant chains until that went into the dumpster.

Reply - Report abuse

msdoppelganger in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

14 months ago

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I never realized how big the Nanny/Caregiver industry had become. One of the ladies at my church is a live-in caregiver and she said she gets calls all the time for her services or for recommendations.

She use to be a corporate trainer for one of the big restaurant chains until that went into the dumpster.

I'd be a horrible nanny/cargiver by society's standards.

Kid(s) acting up? Crate train them. Grandpa wants to join Grandma in heaven? Lend him a copy of the Peacefull Pill Handbook [large print edition].

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

AndyRising in a State of Bliss said: Started a new thread because I can't get the Frustrated Job Seekers thread (or ANY thread under the Career Advice category) to open. Maybe Indeed should clean that category out and dump the thread that has 32,000 posts.

Anyway....

My "Indeed Recommended Jobs" list for today... the first page shows ten jobs. NINE of those jobs are nanny/babysitting jobs. I have a Master's degree Indeed, but it's not in Child Development. Well, I never took your recommendations seriously anyway.

Yep, I get those as well. Apparently, they want someone to take the fruit of their loins to the library and local museams.

Reply - Report abuse

Chicago Suburbnite in Illinois

14 months ago

Maybe indeed is getting rid of the forums altogether. No one from Indeed is even posting in HOW TO USE INDEED anymore.

This is how it started with the Monster forums before they crashed and burned and were taken offline by Monster.

Maybe someone should start a forum called Indeed Jobseekers or Jobseekers United where fellow indeed posters can congregate and still communicate just in case Indeed does end up axing the forums altogether.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

If you're having trouble with the image CAPTCHA and choosing images, switch to the audio. Audio works.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Chicago Suburbnite in Illinois said: Maybe indeed is getting rid of the forums altogether. No one from Indeed is even posting in HOW TO USE INDEED anymore.

This is how it started with the Monster forums before they crashed and burned and were taken offline by Monster.

Maybe someone should start a forum called Indeed Jobseekers or Jobseekers United where fellow indeed posters can congregate and still communicate just in case Indeed does end up axing the forums altogether.

The woman with explosive IBS who got into car chases with cops set up a proboard forum a little over a year ago. It was actually pretty good but she ended up taking it down because she claimed there wasn't enough activity.

There's one for admins that's pretty fun but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately?) it doesn't get a lot of traffic. aisforassistant.boards.net/

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

msdoppelganger in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: The woman with explosive IBS who got into car chases with cops set up a proboard forum a little over a year ago. It was actually pretty good but she ended up taking it down because she claimed there wasn't enough activity.

There's one for admins that's pretty fun but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately?) it doesn't get a lot of traffic. aisforassistant.boards.net/

I see. Thank you for pointing these things out.

It's hard to advertise and get members. Most new forums and message boards end up failing as a direct result or they never really get all that active. Many that do get active to a degree eventually peter out because it's hard for a smaller membership to maintain enough activity long-term.

Some one could also do a jobseekers subreddit too.

Do you think anyone still here be willing to join a jobseekers forum that could be targeted towards anyone looking for and needing work?

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Chicago Suburbnite in Illinois said: I see. Thank you for pointing these things out.

It's hard to advertise and get members. Most new forums and message boards end up failing as a direct result or they never really get all that active. Many that do get active to a degree eventually peter out because it's hard for a smaller membership to maintain enough activity long-term.

Some one could also do a jobseekers subreddit too.

Do you think anyone still here be willing to join a jobseekers forum that could be targeted towards anyone looking for and needing work?

I believe there's already a job seekers subreddit that Andy frequents. I don't frequent super popular boards because it always devolves into feminists vs. MRAs, libs vs conservatives, and SJWs vs. culture warriors. Downright repetitive and tedious, gah!

I would join a proboard forum if it was formed. They are free as long as you allow ads and the membership stays under a certain number.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

msdoppelganger in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I believe there's already a job seekers subreddit that Andy frequents.

I'm not much of a fan of reddit and the way it's run. Many newbies seemed to get chased off very easily. Many of the moderators don't moderate all that fairly.

msdoppelganger in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I would join a proboard forum if it was formed. They are free as long as you allow ads and the membership stays under a certain number.

I wonder how many people still come around here and post now that things are a bit wacky and Indeed seems to have gone AOWL in fixing things and even posting and responding to people. Makes me wonder just how many would join another forum.

Reply - Report abuse

leeann66 in South Western Ontario

14 months ago

Wonder where everyone went??? Xboxer...hello are you out there???

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

AndyRising in a State of Bliss said: Started a new thread because I can't get the Frustrated Job Seekers thread (or ANY thread under the Career Advice category) to open. Maybe Indeed should clean that category out and dump the thread that has 32,000 posts.

Anyway....

That thread was getting old anyways. Great idea Andy!

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Anyone else besides msdoppelganger interested in joining an unofficial Indeed jobsekers forum created through ProBoards or Zeta Board?

AndyRising? leeann66? You two on board?

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Had an interview yesterday for a Staffing Coordinator position with a temp agency.

I didn't even apply for the position. I had called earlier in the day to see if they had any administative positions available. Ended up chatting with the recruiter and she told me to come in with my resume and speak with the District Manager. The DM interviewed me on the spot and informed me she already had 2nd interviews lined up the next day and asked if I could come in again on Friday.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Chicago Suburbnite in Illinois said: Anyone else besides msdoppelganger interested in joining an unofficial Indeed jobsekers forum created through ProBoards or Zeta Board?

Yes!!

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

leeann66 in South Western Ontario said: Had an interview yesterday for a Staffing Coordinator position with a temp agency.

I didn't even apply for the position. I had called earlier in the day to see if they had any administative positions available. Ended up chatting with the recruiter and she told me to come in with my resume and speak with the District Manager. The DM interviewed me on the spot and informed me she already had 2nd interviews lined up the next day and asked if I could come in again on Friday.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Leeann. You've dealt with enough Bullpoop jobs over the past two years.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

msdoppelganger in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Keeping my fingers crossed for you Leeann. You've dealt with enough Bullpoop jobs over the past two years.

Thanks. I have had so many crap dead end jobs.

Although I saw the position posted on Indeed, I never would have applied for it. Even if I don't get the position, I'm going to keep in contact with her for other positions that may become available. Most of them are temp to perm with good companies.

In the meantime....have to keep applying for jobs. So tired of this after 2 years. Just want to go to work, get paid and have a somewhat normal life again.

First rant on here.

Getting too old for this s***. Going to be 50 in 2 months.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I never realized how big the Nanny/Caregiver industry had become.

Half the jobs I'm seeing are for pet-sitters while people go off on vacation.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Chicago Suburbnite in Illinois said: If you're having trouble with the image CAPTCHA and choosing images, switch to the audio. Audio works.

What, you can't tell the difference between cups of coffee and cups of tea?

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Chicago Suburbnite in Illinois said: Anyone else besides msdoppelganger interested in joining an unofficial Indeed jobsekers forum created through ProBoards or Zeta Board?

I visit this board because I come to Indeed to look for jobs.

I visit reddit because I'm hooked on it. I try to quit and can't.

The reddit job-hunting related boards are generally quite calm and peaceful, unlike other areas of reddit. I don't visit all of these, but here's a sampling of their boards:

www.reddit.com/r/jobs/
www.reddit.com/r/careerguidance
www.reddit.com/r/GetEmployed
www.reddit.com/r/AskHR
www.reddit.com/r/resumes
www.reddit.com/r/work
www.reddit.com/r/jobs/wiki/related/usajobsubreddits
www.reddit.com/r/jobs/wiki/related/discussion

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

I have the worst case of anxiety today. Checked my bank balance yikes!!!

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

AndyRising in a State of Bliss said: What, you can't tell the difference between cups of coffee and cups of tea?

Sometimes when I go to click the images, the click doesn't end up sticking and the checkmark quickly fades.

The site has gone somewhat haywire and Indeed doesn't seem in a hurry to fix it. In fact, the Indeed person who posts in HOW TO USE INDEED, under Indeed Host, hasn't even been around to post and answer anyone's questions in the past 2 weeks. (Check for yourself: www.indeed.com/forum/profile/-indeedhost) GENERAL ADVICE has also been inaccessible now for a week. I reported kimkimsss002's post on fake IDs and it's still there. I E-Mailed Indeed for assistance and nothing. (They usually answer and have a quick turn around time.)

Like I said, this is what happened before the Monster forum crashed and burned and was taken offline.

Reply - Report abuse

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

14 months ago

Chicago Suburbnite in Illinois said: Sometimes when I go to click the images, the click doesn't end up sticking and the checkmark quickly fades.

It changes to something else so you have to click on something else. Its just the latest version of CAPTCHA which replaces those squiddly letters that I could never read.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

New jobs posted today:

Servers, dishwashers and line cooks.

Things are looking up.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

AndyRising in a State of Bliss said: I visit this board because I come to Indeed to look for jobs.

I didn't think of it in that context.

I guess there's no need for a jobseekers forum created through ProBoards or Zeta Board.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Craigslist has been good, but I was thinking about how I could possibly expand on offering unemployment assistance to people.

Maybe I could have a forum where people could come and ask questions or for advice. Maybe do a WordPress blog/site like Alison Green of ASK A MANAGER.

I'm still loathe on charging, at least where helping claimants prepare for phone screens and appeals hearings. I like being able to do what I do without charging anyone.

Anyhow, what do you guys think of me expanding in the form of a forum or WordPress blog/site?

Reply - Report abuse

NeedaJob in Punta Gorda, Florida

14 months ago

Chicago Suburbnite in Illinois said: Craigslist has been good, but I was thinking about how I could possibly expand on offering unemployment assistance to people.

Maybe I could have a forum where people could come and ask questions or for advice. Maybe do a WordPress blog/site like Alison Green of ASK A MANAGER.

I'm still loathe on charging, at least where helping claimants prepare for phone screens and appeals hearings. I like being able to do what I do without charging anyone.

Anyhow, what do you guys think of me expanding in the form of a forum or WordPress blog/site?

At least with Craigs list an actual person is likely seeing the email.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Chicago Suburbnite in Illinois said: Craigslist has been good, but I was thinking about how I could possibly expand on offering unemployment assistance to people.

You could always try it and see what happens. There is a lot of bad job searching advice out there. In fact, some of it is downright lame.

Reply - Report abuse

shingami in Chicago, Illinois

14 months ago

leeann66 in South Western Ontario said: New jobs posted today:

Servers, dishwashers and line cooks.

Things are looking up.

First, glad you got an interview. It might turn into something.
On the dishwashers and servers thing, I hope I don't end up doing that. I was laid off about 3 weeks ago. The manager told me the owners decided to get rid of my position. It was pretty crappy how it happened, I was told that afternoon and just went home after. WTF? She said they told her the night before. I am angry about that because they could have been like it's ending in 2 weeks so I could have had a little bit of time, something.

The one thing I liked about leaving that day was that an atty had been late giving me a lot of work, and a secretary asked me was I given it yet to start on and I was thinking 'nope, and won't have to worry about it either' I was glad that I had not gotten that work earlier, done it and then got laid off.

But overall, I didn't even like the job and wanted to leave so it's an odd feeling of wanting the job because it was good money for what I was doing (usually being on the internet) and the work was super easy. But it was dull and mind numbing and was really a teen summer job type of role. I don't miss the a@@hole attorneys and the stupid things I had do to. I honestly don't miss the job (just the pay of course)

I'm OK money wise...for now.. and I just started unemployment. I have absolutely NO idea what to do or where to go from here. I saw a hand full of office assistant/receptionist jobs in law firms on here and knew I might be able to get one but I can't bring myself to go down that hole again. I just hope and pray I don't end up back there out of desperation. That's why I took this last job. I applied for SNAP and got approved so at least there's that, lol. Never applied for that before.

Leanne, I'm sick of the same crap too. Good luck to you.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Hey Shingami,

I went for the interview, but I don't think I will get it because they are still posting ads for the position. I completed the registration at the agency yesterday. Signed the authorization for a criminal check too. The agency is mostly for general labour positions, so they don't have many people going there for office work, so there isn't any competition. I'm not counting on them finding me anything, but it never hurts to be registered.

Just think about the positive things now. You don't have to see those nasty people again. You get a chance to look for a better job/place to work.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

By the way, I finally heard back from Indeed yesterday afternoon. (2 days after I E-Mailed them about the problems here.) The reply didn't say much other than thanking me for contacting them and reporting what was going on here. I was told that it was forwarded on to their technical team for further investigation. That really didn't instill a lot of faith in me that things would be fixed an relatively soon.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

shingami in Chicago, Illinois said: I was laid off about 3 weeks ago. The manager told me the owners decided to get rid of my position. It was pretty crappy how it happened, I was told that afternoon and just went home after. WTF? She said they told her the night before. I am angry about that because they could have been like it's ending in 2 weeks so I could have had a little bit of time, something.

You'd be surprised these days what employers will do.

STORY #1:

When Huntington Learning Center let me go from my tutoring job in May 2009, I got a voicemail message thanking me for my 2 years and everything I did for the kids while being told I was no longer needed, as the hours were no longer there, and they didn't really want me driving 30 minutes (15 miles) to work to put 5 or 10 hours a week. Then again, I wasn't surprised they let me go. I knew that was coming because the staff meeting we had prior was a good indication of what was coming given an ever decreasing enrollment each year following the recession. It just pissed me HOW it was done. Voicemail, really? Totally unprofessional on their part.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

STORY #2:

I worked for the Barking Lot (doggy daycare/boarding/grooming) for 2 months before they let me go. (I was front desk/scheduling.) I went into work one day and was immediately pulled off to the side by the manager and one of the senior staff under her. She asked me if I had gotten the call from the owner explaining why I wasn't to come in and to call him. I said no. She then informed me that I was being fired and when I asked her for a reason, she wasn't able to give me one. She told me he didn't give her one when he informed her he was firing me. Come to find out when I filed for UI benefits, the Barking Lot informed them I was being fired for poor performance and complaints made by several clients. I couldn't believe that because at no time was I ever spoken to about any of that and, as far as I knew, the clients really liked me. That's exactly what I told unemployment too when the referee called me for my phone interview. I was making damn sure I was getting my UI benefits on that one.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

STORY #3:

I traveled up to Troy, MI in February of 2013 to take a marketing coordinator position with an organization called Dentist R Us, a community/school based mobile dentist program. I got 3 days of training in MI, which was some of the worst training I've had in my life. When I took the job, I thought they already had an office in IL but they didn't. (They actually secured an office while I was in MI for the training.) When they sent me back to IL, all I had was a laptop with piss poor remote connection to their MI office and an mostly empty office with a desk, 2 chairs and cabinet. They expected me to start functioning right away despite the fact I had zero office supplies and marketing materials to even do my job. (The office supplies started coming the week of spring break (March 25th thru the 29th). Until then, I had to buy my own stuff and bring things from home so I could try to somewhat function on the job.) When the manager came down from MI to check on me during the week of spring break, she said they had got my E-Mail about the situation (not having what I needed, etc...) and freaked. Even though I didn't say I as quitting, they somehow thought I was so they ended up posting the job on Craigslist again to field other applicants and planned on interviewing applicants in my office while the office manager was there. (She actually made me sit in on an interview.) After the interview was over, she made me leave the office while she called the dentists in MI. Apparently, it had been decided to fire me because I accomplished little to nothing since I returned to IL and hire the guy who had just been interviewed. I was asked to relinquish my office keys and told my privileges to be there were being revoked so I had to leave right away. (I couldn't even grab and take any of the stuff I bought with my own money or brought from home. I had to leave it all.)

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

STORY #3 CON'T:

Anyhow, I never got paid my last paycheck so I eventually ended up filing a grievance with the DOL. Once they got wind of that, they quickly paid me.

I had also been told I'd be reimbursed for my round-trip flight to and from MI and for my meals and such while I was there. Yeah, I got reimbursed from them, but it was a spit in the bucket. It wasn't for everything like I had been lead to believe.

And to be fired like that was crazy. You provide little training. Poor training over the course of 3 days. You send me back to an empty office with no supplies. A poor remote connection. No marketing materials. You then fire me for doing little to no work and not signing any schools up. Really?

Reply - Report abuse

John in MD in Catonsville, Maryland

14 months ago

Occasionally I see a story on LI which catches my eye. I found the following one interesting (if indeed lets me post the link)

www.forbes.com/sites/lizryan/2016/07/09/five-bad-recruiting-practices-that-drive-talent-away/#58b305b771ed

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

In terms of the article you posted John, I don't have a problem with radio silence anymore. I did in the beginning. But once I learned just how flooded employers were getting with applicants, it bothered me less and less for some reason.

I do take issue with pre-employment tests, especially personality tests. That's like saying, "Before we can be friends, you need to take a test of some kind and then I'll determine from those results if we can be friends or not." Just be someone's friend. See where it goes. That's part of the risk you assume when you befriend someone. It's no different when you're dealing with job candidates. You aren't really going to get to know someone until you take a chance on them.

As for salary, I probably shouldn't say what my most recent salary was or what my history is even. But when you need a job, you need a job and so many employers and hiring managers ask for that these days. At a time when jobs are scarce and hard to come by, sometimes you just say or do for the sake of potentially having a job.

Reply - Report abuse

endoftheworld in Danbury, Connecticut

14 months ago

Andy, why r u STILL here?
of all the people- and don't give the I am over 50 excuse. I think you don't really NEED to work and you post out of boredom. We have Programs here in CT for the over 50 which based on all your past posts if you were not lying,you'd qualify for. These r for hardworking Mature people who truly WANT to work and do HAVE viable skills and abilities based on past careers. If your state doesn't have this type of program I suggest you relocate to SW CT. I KNOW the program and it has an 80% success rate for people who r over 50 and WANT to work. My brain is too fried to direct yu to the site but did investigate a long time ago, whatever remaining brain cells I have left pls. google Platform to Employment, maybe you don't have 2 move and a city closer to you has this...U should STILL not b on this site wasting your time, unless that is what gives your life meaning;

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

endoftheworld in Danbury, Connecticut said: Andy, why r u STILL here?
of all the people- and don't give the I am over 50 excuse. I think you don't really NEED to work and you post out of boredom. We have Programs here in CT for the over 50 which based on all your past posts if you were not lying,you'd qualify for. These r for hardworking Mature people who truly WANT to work and do HAVE viable skills and abilities based on past careers. If your state doesn't have this type of program I suggest you relocate to SW CT. I KNOW the program and it has an 80% success rate for people who r over 50 and WANT to work. My brain is too fried to direct yu to the site but did investigate a long time ago, whatever remaining brain cells I have left pls. google Platform to Employment, maybe you don't have 2 move and a city closer to you has this...U should STILL not b on this site wasting your time, unless that is what gives your life meaning;

There's a similar program for over-50s in Ohio. They talk about job training, refreshing skills, and so on, but the only jobs they have seem to be pointless part-time no benefit jobs filing papers at non-profit agencies.

I am actively looking for work that uses the skills I've acquired. I'm fortunate to have put a way a nice pile of savings to live on, now that my severance and unemployment are long since gone. But I recognize that the savings will be gone before long too, and I'll have to look harder for a "just something that lets me buy groceries" job. So far, though, when I apply for those jobs I don't hear back.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Indeed apparently won't let me post the URL of a competitor, but you could search for "HR Managers: Do your job, or get out" for some interesting reading.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Did Indeed really just delete my posts regarding the deletion of Chicago Suburbanite's posts?

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

msdoppelganger in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Did Indeed really just delete my posts regarding the deletion of Chicago Suburbanite's posts?

Probably. I have had posts deleted when we use to get trolls on here. Think the trolls reported me lol! Maybe Indeed wants to get rid of the forums, it's sure starting to seem that way.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

leeann66 in South Western Ontario said: Probably. I have had posts deleted when we use to get trolls on here. Think the trolls reported me lol! Maybe Indeed wants to get rid of the forums, it's sure starting to seem that way.

If that is the case how hard can it be to just place a shut down notice with a date on the website and call it a day.

Also, now it seems that Csuburbanite's forum is down too. sheesh!

Reply - Report abuse

MongooseHugger in Peru, Illinois

14 months ago

What's it mean if a company says that they really like you but, due to certain circumstances, have to halt with the 2nd round of interviews for everyone for 1-3 months? (Note, they said that I was in no way required to keep waiting it out and could look elsewhere in the meantime if I wanted.) I plan to wait it out.

I'm just curious why someone would wait 1-3 months all of a sudden.

Reply - Report abuse

John in MD in Catonsville, Maryland

14 months ago

It could be budget concerns which caused the company to put things off.

First and foremost, KEEP LOOKING for work. The company may well decide to not move forward with the position.

Reply - Report abuse

Not Donald Trump in New Jersey

14 months ago

Ugh, I'm quitting my job this week. I really don't want to, because I like my job, but a lot of bad things have happened in my family these past couple of months, and it's just getting worse. I'm at the point that I can barely get myself out of bed every morning, and go to work looking like a mess, and have all but stopped exercising when it used to be an important part of my life.

I was a temp there since January, and wish I could have been hired permanently, but if I had been, I'm not sure what I would do in this situation. I'd need to either take a month-long leave of absence (which I'm sure would not be approved) or I'd need to end up quitting anyway. I just hope I don't have an even more difficult time when it's time for me to go look for work again.

Reply - Report abuse

2Legit in Cincinnati, Ohio

14 months ago

AndyRising in a State of Bliss said: There's a similar program for over-50s in Ohio. They talk about job training, refreshing skills, and so on, but the only jobs they have seem to be pointless part-time no benefit jobs filing papers at non-profit agencies.

I am actively looking for work that uses the skills I've acquired. I'm fortunate to have put a way a nice pile of savings to live on, now that my severance and unemployment are long since gone. But I recognize that the savings will be gone before long too, and I'll have to look harder for a "just something that lets me buy groceries" job. So far, though, when I apply for those jobs I don't hear back.

So the economic recovery in OH isn't robust and thriving? lol

Reply - Report abuse

parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

14 months ago

MongooseHugger in Peru, Illinois said: What's it mean if a company says that they really like you but, due to certain circumstances, have to halt with the 2nd round of interviews for everyone for 1-3 months? (Note, they said that I was in no way required to keep waiting it out and could look elsewhere in the meantime if I wanted.) I plan to wait it out.

Don't ever stop looking and applying for jobs because you think you have a chance at a particular job. The only thing that truly means anything coming from a prospective employer is a written job offer you ultimately accept. Keep looking and applying. Do not sit around and wait. You'll be sorely disappointed too many times.

Reply - Report abuse

Duck! in New York, New York

14 months ago

MongooseHugger in Peru, Illinois said: What's it mean if a company says that they really like you but, due to certain circumstances, have to halt with the 2nd round of interviews for everyone for 1-3 months? (Note, they said that I was in no way required to keep waiting it out and could look elsewhere in the meantime if I wanted.) I plan to wait it out.

Budget changes, the hiring person is out on medical leave, they want to restructure the department and need time for that before bringing someone on board, etc.

The key part is: "Note, they said that I was in no way required to keep waiting it out and could look elsewhere in the meantime if I wanted."

Take their advice and continue looking, just in case.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

2Legit in Cincinnati, Ohio said: So the economic recovery in OH isn't robust and thriving? lol

The economy in Ontario sure isn't recovering. No one has any $$$ to buy anything.

Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.