Is the job a scam? Asking for credit score before interviewing

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 682)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

gmm1032 in Dallas, Texas

45 months ago

Thats what I thought. That is why I responded to the email first. I have had one company check my credit and that was after the first interview (out of two) and they were optimistic about my being offered the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

gmm1032 in Dallas, Texas

45 months ago

anonymous2010 in silicon valley, California said: Don't do it. I'm not a legal expert by any means. But companies are required, to have you sign a statement saying you approve to have a credit check before they can check your credit status. That's been my experience. This is usually done when they are making you an offer.

Beware!

How do you feel about those companies that are business to business sales, any experience in that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

CareerGuru in San Francisco, California

45 months ago

sr058632 in Ozone Park, New York said: AHH!! i just got offered a job position and they said to send a credit report from nationalcredireport.com. I'm an idiot and actually sent it to them in a PDF file. I didn't use that site, but actually used freecreditreport.com. Will they be able to use identity theft??? I'm so scared!

It may be time to change your account numbers. Social security numbers can be changed as well in extreme cases.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ann in Greenville, Michigan

41 months ago

Thank you for all the comments on credit reports. I to have been appling all over the place and have run into companies asking for my reports even before they would send an application or an interview. I was not feeling comfortable with this.. and now I understand why. I am thankful I asked around before making a big mistake. I just hope I find a job soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jess in Lenexa, Kansas

40 months ago

what if they just asked for the score only and your phone umber e-mailed? They said thay want to private content or personal info?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jess in Lenexa, Kansas

40 months ago

jess in Lenexa, Kansas said: what if they just asked for the score only and your phone umber e-mailed? They said thay want to private content or personal info?

correction *no private content

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

40 months ago

In the past, I have interviewed and filled out a credit check authorization form. I signed and dated it. They took it and gave me a copy of this release form. This is my proof that they will check my credit, and also that they are legit. I MUST agree with DLP on this. I would only allow them to check my credit if it directly related to the job. Like if it will be a job that requires me personally handling money like a bank, insurance company, mortgage company, working in any retail store or transporting money/armed car/check cashing place. Other jobs that do not relate to money handling, I would probably decline.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ss in Marietta, Georgia

40 months ago

READ THE FINE PRINT In most cases this is a comeon to trick you into signing up for a monthly charge to 'protect' your credit. And the charge is automatically set against your credit card. SPIRE Hire seems to be the front for this scam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

I Can in Upland, California

40 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

DON'T DO IT in Upland, California

40 months ago

flakelist.org/page/main/tid/1

here this link. The other link takes you to Men's Health. I have no issues with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brian in Aurora, Colorado

40 months ago

same thing happened to me! man just trying to get a job, and people still try and scam you!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Itsme in Gainesville, Florida

40 months ago

Thanks for the info guys.

Job seekers beware...!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Tim C in Cape Coral, Florida

40 months ago

With the economy as it is and so many people like myself out of work for a long time I think it would be stinking for a company to disqualify good people because their credit score took a dive. Can't pay with no job, can't get a job if you can't pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sharon Perry in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

40 months ago

Yes it is a SCAM. He is an affiliate for a credit protection sign up. He gets paid when you do a check on your credit and then you are automatically signed up for a monthly payment. Stay away from any job from robcoleman@spirehiring.com or any spirehiring ad. He currently has 10 different job listings. Just do a search for spirehiring on the job search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

M Cannon in La Habra, California

40 months ago

Yes, I received this too, and when I got to the 3rd step credit check screen, I googled this company and found this thread. BOGUS! I want to flag them on Indeed somehow, they're not right!

DON'T DO IT in Upland, California said: Did you get this?

We have reviewed your application, and have decided to introduce you to the next phase of our application process. Based on requirements from our clients, we combine expertise with the latest recruitment software that allows us to quickly assess and combine your experience and personality to each organization's goals and culture.

You may continue the process by visiting the application screening page of our website. In order to complete the screening you will need the application code that we have provided in this email. We will forward your screening information to our client once you complete the process.

Application Screening Page: Spirehiring.com/portal.php

Application Code: 807934

If you have any questions contact our support staff at robcoleman@spirehiring.com

Robert Coleman

Staffing Director

Spire Hiring

JERKS!!! Whenever ANYONE asks for your personal information, Don't give it unless you know for sure who they are. Follow the link to the Flake list. Apparently they are all over the US.
flakelist.org/page/viewpub/tid/1/pid/310

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sharon Perry in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

39 months ago

Ann in Greenville, Michigan said: Thank you for all the comments on credit reports. I to have been appling all over the place and have run into companies asking for my reports even before they would send an application or an interview. I was not feeling comfortable with this.. and now I understand why. I am thankful I asked around before making a big mistake. I just hope I find a job soon.

They are affiliates for credit protection. Don't do it! They get paid when you use their hyperlink to the credit report and then you are automatically signed up for a monthly agreement. It is definitely a scam!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

annon in Gardendale, Alabama

38 months ago

Don't do it. I replied to a job on Craigslist and they wanted me to get a credit check before sending my resume, no legit company ever asks this. Don't ever give out any personal info to anyone you don't know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Gen in Sarasota, Florida

38 months ago

Hi, I received this email and like an idioit I completed the online credit score report. I did not send the information to the spire hiring people and I did not hit "submit," i just exited out of it because I had a bad feeling about it. What should I do? Help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sharon Perry in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

38 months ago

Gen in Sarasota, Florida said: Hi, I received this email and like an idioit I completed the online credit score report. I did not send the information to the spire hiring people and I did not hit "submit," i just exited out of it because I had a bad feeling about it. What should I do? Help!

Google your name and make sure no one is using it. In order for someone to ask for your credit report, first they need your authorization and second you would have to give your SS#. Don't do it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

gto6412

38 months ago

BAKER CLEANING SERVICES, INC. is another scam. Found it on Craigslist. I was sent an email for a cleaning position, and asked to click on this link: clear-reports.org/employee0143.php

Now I've been looking furiously for a job, so like an idiot I completed a report from www.freecreditreport.com, and sent them a PDF copy via email. I searched Google for their exact matching website and names, no exact match. Hannah Schneider of HR Baker Cleaning Services. Inc, was a false name.

So am I safe from identify theft? What happens now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jb in West Lafayette, Indiana

37 months ago

I filled out the application, with the credit score (doh). I, of course, immediately called the credit reporting service to cancel my membership since it was free and I didn't want to enter the monthly charge period which begins 7 days after activation. I was forwarded on to a manager who told me that the information they have been dealing with this problem a lot lately and that it is, in fact, a Craigslist.com scam. She immediately cancelled my membership, deleted my profile and assured me that my records would not be released. I then called my bank, PNC, and told them about the situation, for which, they replied that they would keep a close watch on my account. So yeah, it's a scam, but a clever one because it didn't ask for my social or credit card number on the submission so I didn't really think twice about submitting it. I'm guessing whoever set this up is just getting kick backs for sending people to the credit service, but that's just a guess. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cacel in Orem, Utah

37 months ago

Thanks everyone. I almost got into this (through Craigslist) but thanks to all your comments, it saved me a big headache. Thanks a ton, and I hope others continue to find this website before they make a major mistake.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

jobhunter found Hannah Schneider fake in Los Angeles, California

37 months ago

Baker Cleaning Services, Inc. is in LA craigslist. But I'm glad I researched and found this forum. I smelled a rat when she replied (WITHIN AN HOUR) to my emailing about the job. Here is the email contents for others to learn from:
"Attention:NEW HIRE CANDIDATE-Cleaner/Janitorial
Congratulations! You are being offered a position as a Cleaner with Baker Cleaning Services, Inc. As described in the job posting, this position pays a very aggressive starting hourly wage, plus a full benefit package, as well as opportunity to earn periodical pay increases and advancement opportunities. At this time, we are staffing very aggressively, and are prepared to make you a firm employment offer, assuming you comply with the final recruiting conditions.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position. Your duties will consist of sweeping, mopping, using a vacuum, emptying trash bins, and other related duties. Each employee's starting hourly wage will be based on his or her experience level, which will be determined once the recruiting process has been completed. Experience working in a cleaning or janitorial position is helpful, but not required, as paid training is provided. To move on to the final step in the hiring process, you will need to provide us with a current copy of your credit report to go in your employment file. Baker Cleaning Services, Inc. has a zero-tolerance policy in regards to theft of company property. Your credit scores and payment history are not important to us; rather the report serves as a means of verifying your identity and will serve as your acceptance of the position. Once you request the report, an email is generated that notifies us of your acceptance. Upon receiving notification that you have completed the report, we mail your new hire paperwork along with times for your orientation. Please be sure to bring 2 forms of identification with you to the orientation." Then a link and then only her name,company name, BUT NO adress or number!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

K in Columbus, Ohio

37 months ago

gmm1032 in Dallas, Texas said: I have been posting my resume and applying for jobs left and right on Monster, Craigslist, you name it. Every once in a while I get a response that looks very generic but is asking to do a credit report check before coming in for an interview. The first time I sent a reply asking to know more about the company and would be happy to do it at the interview (as I have done in the past). Any thoughts??

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

Just applied for a job and had the same kind of response about a "screening portal", I didn't do the credit check and sent a concerned email to them instead:

"Dear Applicant,

Thank you for showing interest in this position.

I am a placement specialist for The Screening Portal. We are hired by small and large companies to place them with qualified applicants in your area.

Our client forwarded us your response from the ad for this position. After reviewing this, they are interested in moving forward with you to gain further information about you regarding this position. Our client is a little short on time, as the position is currently vacant. We want to move forward as soon as possible. Please complete our simple questionnaire through our secure portal as preparation. Once you have submitted this, we will be in touch within 3-5 days. Please note that we may contact you via phone after your initial information is received. The questionnaire takes less than 5 minutes.

The secure portal is here:
thescreeningportal.com/portal.php"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

steve in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin

37 months ago

K in Columbus, Ohio said: THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

Just applied for a job and had the same kind of response about a "screening portal", I didn't do the credit check and sent a concerned email to them instead:

"Dear Applicant,

Thank you for showing interest in this position.

I am a placement specialist for The Screening Portal. We are hired by small and large companies to place them with qualified applicants in your area.

Our client forwarded us your response from the ad for this position. After reviewing this, they are interested in moving forward with you to gain further information about you regarding this position. Our client is a little short on time, as the position is currently vacant. We want to move forward as soon as possible. Please complete our simple questionnaire through our secure portal as preparation. Once you have submitted this, we will be in touch within 3-5 days. Please note that we may contact you via phone after your initial information is received. The questionnaire takes less than 5 minutes.

The secure portal is here:
thescreeningportal.com /portal.php"

This is a scam I got the same message on my email. Steve

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

steve in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin

37 months ago

This is a big scam. I got the same email. Don't fall for it. Stev

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anna in Boulder, Colorado

37 months ago

I just got the same thing -- fortunately didn't fill out the credit score info, but I did fill in my information on the first page (phone number, address, etc.). Has anybody seen the consequences of filling out this info?

And does this mean that there is not even an open position for the company that I thought I was applying for? Is the whole ad completely made up?

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Atlanta, Georgia

37 months ago

gmm1032 in Dallas, Texas said: I have been posting my resume and applying for jobs left and right on Monster, Craigslist, you name it. Every once in a while I get a response that looks very generic but is asking to do a credit report check before coming in for an interview. The first time I sent a reply asking to know more about the company and would be happy to do it at the interview (as I have done in the past). Any thoughts??

Yes, it is a scam! I have had this "company" act as though they were representing me and my company. Unfortunately I have had candidates fall victim to paying the $89. Don't EVER pay anyone to work for them! If a company has hired them to do these credit checks, then the company will be paying for it, NOT YOU!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Diana Miz Bananas in Los Angeles, California

37 months ago

I got the same crap tonight. Fell for it. Filled out the application on
www.creditconfirmed.org/confirm.php and I knew there was something wrong afterward. Someone help, me please. I REALLY don't know what to do. I'm only 20! How can I be a victim of identity theft so young! x[

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

37 months ago

You've got to be careful with stuff like that. A lot of them are scams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

AJ in Manchester, New Hampshire

37 months ago

steve in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin said: This is a scam I got the same message on my email. Steve

I got the same exact email as well from a Michael Frontier at The Screening Portal. I received this email about 12 hours after I applied for a job on craigslist yesterday. I rarely apply to jobs on craigslist because of all the scams but the job sounded and looked legit. Guess my scam radar was turned off. I have seen these types of prescreen portals before but all this one asked was to enter your name, address, phone, when are you available to work and how many years experience do you have in this position. When I clicked next it said due to the nature of this position, the company requires you to complete a credit check. It then took me to HULA CREDIT website where I would have to enter in my SSN, DOB, and my freaking credit card info to buy a membership and then all that info and the credit report would be sent back to The Screening Portal. UM, HELLS NO! I stopped right there. I wish I hadn't filled out the other questions of the portal but at least they didn't get the "goods" they really were after.

STAY AWAY. IT'S A SCAM!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Diana Miz Bananas in Los Angeles, California

37 months ago

Yeah, well, I filled out everything. Didn't answer my questions on help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Help in Fresno, California

37 months ago

My girlfriend replied to a posting on craigslist in response to an administrative position and of course without thinking it through she went ahead and filled out the form on "the screening portal" site, she even went as far as entering her ss# but when it came down to pay on the following page she stopped the process. Now she is freaking out. Does anyone have any info on whether or not her identity or other personal info is compromised?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Diana Miz Bananas in Los Angeles, California

37 months ago

Help in Fresno, California said: My girlfriend replied to a posting on craigslist in response to an administrative position and of course without thinking it through she went ahead and filled out the form on "the screening portal" site, she even went as far as entering her ss# but when it came down to pay on the following page she stopped the process. Now she is freaking out. Does anyone have any info on whether or not her identity or other personal info is compromised?

Hello! If she stopped the process then they don't have her info. If she's not sure, she should call them.Then she should call her bank and then flag the SSN. This is what I did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Help in Fresno, California

37 months ago

Diana Miz Bananas in Los Angeles, California said: Hello! If she stopped the process then they don't have her info. If she's not sure, she should call them.Then she should call her bank and then flag the SSN. This is what I did.

Thanks for the reply. She said that once she entered her personal info she hit the "next or submit" tab, then it took her to the page asking for payment. So I'm thinking her info was transmitted, but would it have been processed or kept even though she stopped at the payment page?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Diana Miz Bananas in Los Angeles, California

37 months ago

That's why you have to call the people from that site to see if they still have her info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

37 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: In the past, I have interviewed and filled out a credit check authorization form. I signed and dated it. They took it and gave me a copy of this release form. This is my proof that they will check my credit, and also that they are legit. I MUST agree with DLP on this. I would only allow them to check my credit if it directly related to the job. Like if it will be a job that requires me personally handling money like a bank, insurance company, mortgage company, working in any retail store or transporting money/armed car/check cashing place. Other jobs that do not relate to money handling, I would probably decline.

I agree with you too Grant. Unless the job requires me to handle money, my credit history is none of the prospective employer's business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

37 months ago

Diana Miz Bananas in Los Angeles, California said: That's why you have to call the people from that site to see if they still have her info.

Diana: That's very good thinking. There are way too many scammers out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yanip in Minneapolis, Minnesota

36 months ago

Pls. be aware of these scams!!!! I just received the same email from Screening Portal (just like Steve) and this was the email:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for showing interest in this position.

I am a placement specialist for the Screening Portal. We are hired by small and large companies to place them with qualified applicants in your area.

Our client forwarded us your response from the ad for this position. After reviewing this, they are interested in moving forward with you to gain further information about you regarding this position. Our client is a little short on time, as the position is currently vacant. We want to move forward as soon as possible. Please complete our simple questionnaire through our secure portal as preparation. Once you have submitted this, we will be in touch within 3-5 days. Please note that we may contact you via phone after your initial information is received. The questionnaire takes less than 5 minutes.

The secure portal is here:
screeningportal.org/application

Your Personal Application ID is*: xxxxxx

*Application codes are only good for 24 hours.

Best Regards,
Lucie Gellar
Screening Portal

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Devin in Columbia, South Carolina

36 months ago

steve in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin said: This is a scam I got the same message on my email. Steve

Yep same e-mail... creeped me out so I didn't go forward

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jacki in Clarksville, Tennessee

36 months ago

got the same email! i went ahead and entered just my name, addy, phone #, date available to work and my credit score...i did not do the credit report they asked me to do...i didn't enter my ss# or any credit card info, just what i stated above. I can not locate a phone number to call this place but in the email they state they will call me in 3-5 days...has anyone ever gotten a call? if they call me i'll be very unhappy and will have a few choice words!

Yanip in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Pls. be aware of these scams!!!! I just received the same email from Screening Portal (just like Steve) and this was the email:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for showing interest in this position.

I am a placement specialist for the Screening Portal. We are hired by small and large companies to place them with qualified applicants in your area.

Our client forwarded us your response from the ad for this position. After reviewing this, they are interested in moving forward with you to gain further information about you regarding this position. Our client is a little short on time, as the position is currently vacant. We want to move forward as soon as possible. Please complete our simple questionnaire through our secure portal as preparation. Once you have submitted this, we will be in touch within 3-5 days. Please note that we may contact you via phone after your initial information is received. The questionnaire takes less than 5 minutes.

The secure portal is here:
screeningportal.org/application

Your Personal Application ID is*: xxxxxx

*Application codes are only good for 24 hours.

Best Regards,
Lucie Gellar
Screening Portal

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AJ in Merrimack, New Hampshire

36 months ago

I don't believe I ever got a call. Though I don't answer "Unknowns" on my phone...so they may have called but if they did, no voicemail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

jacki in Clarksville, Tennessee

36 months ago

AJ in Merrimack, New Hampshire said: I don't believe I ever got a call. Though I don't answer "Unknowns" on my phone...so they may have called but if they did, no voicemail.

hmmm did you enter the same info i did as listed in my post? i dont think i've fallen victim to identity theft if i didn't provide any other information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AJ in Merrimack, New Hampshire

36 months ago

Yep, I did exactly what you did. Stopped at the credit report page. Didn't enter anything on that site. But I just remembered, I got an email about a week later from that credit site Hula Credit saying you didn't complete the form to get your credit score and provided the link to "resume" where I was. So basically this Screening Portal sent my email address to Hula Credit when I completed the portal. I unsubscribed from Hula Credit and haven't gotten any more emails from them. But that is totally screwed up! I am sure we won't be a victim of identity theft but I am sure we'll be getting more spam email from god knows where because now two more scammers have it. Oh well. Live and learn. :-/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

jacki in Clarksville, Tennessee

36 months ago

AJ thank you so much! i feel a great relief i was very worried that i would be a victim but i kept thinking since i didn't put my personal account number or credit card number or ss# there would be no way i would be!
i'll be sure to mark those types of emails as spam!
this is true- live and learn!

AJ in Merrimack, New Hampshire said: Yep, I did exactly what you did. Stopped at the credit report page. Didn't enter anything on that site. But I just remembered, I got an email about a week later from that credit site Hula Credit saying you didn't complete the form to get your credit score and provided the link to "resume" where I was. So basically this Screening Portal sent my email address to Hula Credit when I completed the portal. I unsubscribed from Hula Credit and haven't gotten any more emails from them. But that is totally screwed up! I am sure we won't be a victim of identity theft but I am sure we'll be getting more spam email from god knows where because now two more scammers have it. Oh well. Live and learn. :-/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

AJ in Merrimack, New Hampshire

36 months ago

You're welcome! :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

LeeLeeB in Livonia, Michigan

36 months ago

K in Columbus, Ohio said: THANK YOU

I recieved this very same email in response to a job app to Craigslist for a position at a law firm. I was suspiscious because the email was sent on Saturday & said I had to respond in 24 hours because the employer needed to fill the job right away. I knew to be careful of a scam but looks possibly legit until you get to some advertising page to order a credit report for $1 but you're signing up for a continuing service - unless you cancel & they want a credit card #, too.
Advice to everyone - DO NOT agree to a credit report early in the game! Don't pay for it, don't give a credit card # for the fee & never give SS# !! Even if you think it's ok if you are handling money or financial info. I work in banking and securities - no legitimate company would ask for this until you are sitting in front of HR with an offer and you are looking at your new coworkers at the firm. Don't be desparate - let it go! Scam, scam, scam!

"Dear Applicant,

Thank you for showing interest in this position.

I am a placement specialist for The Screening Portal. We are hired by small and large companies to place them with qualified applicants in your area.

Our client forwarded us your response from the ad for this position. After reviewing this, they are interested in moving forward with you to gain further information about you regarding this position. Our client is a little short on time, as the position is currently vacant. We want to move forward as soon as possible. Please complete our simple questionnaire through our secure portal as preparation. Once you have submitted this, we will be in touch within 3-5 days. Please note that we may contact you via phone after your initial information is received. The questionnaire takes less than 5 minutes.

The secure portal is here:
thescreeningportal.com/portal.php"

.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kristina

36 months ago

So glad I found this page! I just got a similar email and was cautious! I won't click on the link at all and spam the email!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Barbara in Cleveland, Ohio

36 months ago

Yep, got this nice reply to my hopeful application this morning. Glad I checked it out first!!!

"Thank you for your prompt reply, as the hiring manager I am glad to see you are serious.

Your email is definitely appreciated. From your response we have gathered that you are qualified
for the current position, and in my opinion more so than any of the other 14 applicants who have
submitted their information for review.

To remind you, the job is basic but requires: some oral and written communication skills and the
ability to perform general administrative tasks including answering the phone and message taking,
the preparation of mailings, the order and maintenance of supply quantities, copy work, emailing,
filing, and typing. I will give you more specific details during the interview.

Hours: 9AM to 5PM (Can be flexed a bit if required)

General Pay: you can earn up to $17.00 per hour after your initial paid training (we will decide
final salary after interview based on experience)

Benefits Package: Dental and medical, eyecare, life/disability insurance, tuition reimbursement
after 6 months, vacation/sick time and 401k.

While you are running errands, you will also be given one of our company credit card(s) for all business purchases.
My company will require that you acquire a recent (past 14-21 business days) credit report.
We started this because our company had some bad incidents with prior employees taking advantage of having
access to a company credit card.

We are prepared to set up an interview time for you but you have not submitted one of the items
necessary to satisfy the pre-interview requirements. We show you have not completed your credit report
which all candidates must submit before scheduling an interview. We are trying to
complete the schedule for these interviews immediately so please finish the report now so your
record is complete.

Perform the credit check here WWW.CREDlTIDPROTECT.COM"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lala in Kingsley, Pennsylvania

36 months ago

LeeLeeB in Livonia, Michigan said: .

dont ever click on those things because people dont need you to enter info to get it they can take over you entire life with just one click from you!! trust me ive seen it done

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.