Job Hoax

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1351 to 1400 of 1552)
Page:  « First « Previous   25  26  27  28  29  30  31  Next »   Last »

M.O. in Little Rock, Arkansas

4 months ago

Ms. D in Bessemer, Alabama said: Beware of this scam... I received this email the other day which sounded interesting to me since I am looking for work at home job [...]

Lengthy response. Tried to shorten sentences. I fell victim to this exact scam. Company = "Preventa IT Support Services"; position = Admin Assistant. Pays $20/hr. during 2-week training period & $28/hr. after.

TIMELINE:

(1) Received email from "HR Manager" Dennis Greg (dennisgreg110@yahoo.com) about getting on Google Hangouts with Mrs. Janice Ronald (jronald5560@gmail.com) for the interview.

(2) Interviewed with Janice on Hangouts. Introduced self, gave generic info. Received email w/ a legit-seeming job duty list & an employment offer letter (.docx), "signed" by Mr. Philip Base, who actually exists (see www.preventa.co.uk/about/philip-base AND www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn3Z6vVHdQw). I e-signed it & emailed it to Janice.
(3) Was told to start training the next a.m. at 9:00 a.m. my time. Over the next few days, training consisted ENTIRELY of writing innumerable, irrelevant essays
(4) Was told I'd be provided with a desk, printer, laptop, etc. by way of getting a cashier's check & getting the goods from a "vendor" to whom they'd refer me.
(5) Received check (America First Credit Union in Ogden, UT) for $4,973.00 USD. Did as I was told; deposited check, sent scanned copy of deposit receipt to Janice.
(6) Received call 2 hrs later from teller; check didn't go through.
(7) Spoke with banker; check = fraudulent.
(8) Got on Hangouts and told Janice the check didn't go through. I quote her: "oh my God I will call my bank now." She said she'd have to send another check. I told her NOT TO. Never heard from her again.

Hope this helps. I have copies of all documents/transactions/conversations/etc. if desired.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

fyijobseekers in Brockton, Massachusetts

4 months ago

Hi everyone thank god I found this forum
I recieved a text from a Matthew Wojcik asking for my email since he saw my resume on indeed. Already suspicious because my email is on my resume, but I was curious. Instead of getting an email from him, a Roque D. Lorenzo emailed me from raquedlorenzo@gmail.com.
The job was a receptionist/administrative assistant and was for 2-3 days a week at home position buying stuff for foster kids. Said it would pay $500 a week. Asked me for my name, phone number, address. Too good to be true and had to look it up and found this forum. Don't fall for this, seems like a check cashing scam. As soon as I saw this, I emailed them back saying I had already found a job. Unfortunately I had answered the info questions, but I'm hoping that's not enough for any real trouble. Wish I had seen this forum earlier!!!

Reply - Report abuse

fyijobseekers in Brockton, Massachusetts

4 months ago

Angelene in Sacramento, California said: Continued...

Please note that this position is not office based for now, it's a part-time work from your location for now. I would like to give you an immediate trial, so if you are interested kindly get back to me. As I have been checking files and schedules and would need someone urgently to run some tasks for me this week/next week. My Financial Adviser will issue you a Certified Company Check to execute the task with, and complete the assignment. You will need to Purchase gifts and items for the kids(Foster Care) which i will send you a list and description of the items, alongside delivery address when purchased. Note: that you are not to use your personal funds. I will get back to you with more information.

If you are interested,kindly get back to me with your information

Name:
Mailing Address:
Apartment #:
City :
State:
Zipcode:
Current Phone Number:

How often do you check your email daily?

The employee acknowledged the Trial and Detailed Job Description
and signed _____________________________
(First Name and Last Name of Employee)

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response
Yours Sincerely,

Matthew Wojcik

He sent a check that I am to deposit into my personal account .

Got this same email but instead Matthew Wojcik texted me and the email came from Roque D. Lorenzo

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

KPVet13 in Hampton, Virginia

4 months ago

I just received this email today from "John Energy Limited."

Dear Applicants

This is to inform you that your resume has been reviewed on (Ziprecruiter) And We apologize for the delay in response.Your resume credentials has been found fit for this job opportunity and you have been enlisted among candidates shortlisted for a Google chat interview.

You have been considered and scheduled for an online interview to discuss more about the position offered. You are required to set up a Gmail account (www.gmail.com) then download the app from you app store i.e for smart phone and for PC you can download one from the Gmail web page www.google.com/hangouts to download the app.

After this process, you are to add Mrs Nancy Drake, on Google hangout Her Gmail address is (interviewmanagernancydrake@gmail.com) to your buddy list ASAP for the job briefing and comprehensive details. She would be online waiting to talk to you Asap If you have any problem in setting up the Gmail hangouts you can also email her on (interviewmanagernancydrake@gmail.com)

Your verification code is HRP188B2, this would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring process. Your timely response matters a lot.

We look forward to having you on the team.

Interview Scheduled : Online.
Time: ASAP.
Venue: Online Via Google Hangout
Training is Available
Human Resources
Your swift and timely response matters a lot in this beneficial position.

Best Regard :
Yours Truly,
Hiring Manager
Regards

Reply - Report abuse

MiaMiaBWhittington in Beaumont, Texas

4 months ago

elove in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Got two message first an email from clarissa.kickstarter11@gmail.com to have an online interview in google /hangout, and at text message from a Dennis S. Fields asking the same online interview at hangout. Look up Dennis and seen that it was a scam. Now look up Clarissa Redwine from kickerstarter, real company, pictures, seem to be real person, but it person doing the interview seems to be a fake, saying that they are Miss Clarissa. Still doing research, but any now about this please message a reply. Thanks

I got the same exact message from a clarissa Redwine I did a research and found out that it was all fake. I wrote Carissa on Facebook to make her aware that someone is pretending to be her.

Reply - Report abuse

MiaMiaBWhittington in Beaumont, Texas

4 months ago

I got a text from a text me account. The person got upset because I told him that I went into the bank with the check. He told me I didn't follow instructions. I think its a man because he is very demanding. I received emails from Clarissa.kickstarter11@gmail.com The person stopped responding when I asked was it a fraud he wanted me to print out a check that he emailed me and take it to the ATM or deposit it through mobile upload. He is a real scammer its sad because he know my address its scary

Reply - Report abuse

jaj80 in Atlanta, Georgia

4 months ago

i just received a similar email regarding a so called job opportunity. These scammers are such IDIOTS!!!! See email below:

Good Evening

Dear applicant, we apologize for the delay in response, as in regards to your resume that was forwarded to our head department for the Data Entry/ Administrative Assistant position, The Hiring Desk has reviewed your resume for the Data Entry/ Administrative Assistant position and we believe you have the required qualifications to proceed. This is a Data Entry/ Administrative Assistant position, Working hours are from 8am-3pm, Monday-Friday. The starting pay is $38.00 /hr for this Data Entry/ Administrative Assistant position, you are also expected to come online through Google Hangout during working hours.I want you to setup a Google Hangout and if you have one already use it, add Mrs Sarah Gerald the Interview Manager and IM her on this ID Hangout ID (recruitdesk8@gmail.com) asap for the interview/briefing and comprehensive job details.This is our first step to proceed further. she will be on online waiting for you. Interview Schedule date/time is From Monday - Friday. 8am - 3pm

Best Regards

Human Resources

Reply - Report abuse

AG in Atlanta, Georgia

4 months ago

I got a text earlier today from a some guy who was hiring for a home office data entry position at PSA International. He claimed to come across my resume, which I remember applying for several data entry jobs on Indeed. He wanted me to do a text interview on google hang outs (which was new to me). We do the interview, I give him My name, address (because where I live at is a pretty rough area so.....) and phone number. He asks me to pick a option of payment, I tell him check (I'm not stupid). He tells me to text him at 8 the next morning. I call PSA Internationals corporate office to verify if he is legit. They never heard of this guy. He offered me 35 per hour trainning followed by 50 per hour as regular pay, benefits, and even told me to keep $150 out of the check as a sign up bonus. Which is low, and once I sat back and put everything together before calling corporate, none of the things he offered made sense. What can these guys do with my information as far as Phone, Address and name. Worse is the fact that I believe these guys have infultrated Indeed and are setting up job seekers on their. This is scary.

Reply - Report abuse

Dan Santiago in Bronx, New York

4 months ago

***SCAM ALERT*** <michael.schneider@lufthansaemployment.com>. I'm taking some time to raise awareness on the aforementioned email above. I recently received an email from this person claiming to be Michael Schneider working for LUFTHANSA AIRLINES, He claimed they were impressed by my resume and would like me to attend an orientation or interview at an undisclosed location. Here's were my skepticism arose, since I was previously scammed, They were requesting 97$ to be sent within 1 business day for a background check, that would have covered the uniform cost as well and would be "refundable" after 30 days of successful employment. After I search engine his email, I found several complaints of people who fell for his trickery.

Hope you see this in time before you fall for his scams. PLEASE BEWARE, IF YOU ARE BEING ASKED TO PAY ANY MONEY UPFRONT BEFORE KNOWING YOU HAVE THE JOB, ITS A SCAM. NO EMPLOYER ASK FOR MONEY THEY USUALLY COVER THE COST FOR YOU.

Reply - Report abuse

RBD07 in Norcross, Georgia

4 months ago

QUEJOBS in Columbia, South Carolina said: DID YOU KEEP THE MONEY OR WHAT?

Honestly I bet it bounces, so I wouldn't. I'm so glad I seen this, I just ripped that check up 5 minutes ago. I thought isht was weird when she had words left out that normally aren't. I got folks all happy bout this supposed come up and everything, I'm too sick.

Reply - Report abuse

Rortiz in Coral Gables, Florida

4 months ago

Currently, there is a job scam from goverlan.hiringdesk@gmail.com

This email address is not associated with Goverlan Inc. or any of its partners.

I do not know of any company that hires in the way. Never give your personal information away to anyone claiming to do an interview over chat...

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

d_eugena in Louisville, Kentucky

4 months ago

Anoyed in Berkley, Michigan said: Another job hoax. I rceived a text asking if the number texted belonged to me. I asked who this was. Jeremy Young from Morgan Stanley texted me to advise HR Management had selected me for an interview. Please respond if I was interested. After some quicj research to verify this was a scam I responded back to the number asking them to verify some information available only on my resume. No response as of yet.

Regards,

Annoyed

THAT WAS VERY VERY SMART OF YOU! I have never thought about that but I will do that from now on!

Reply - Report abuse

PB in New York, New York

4 months ago

Beware Lisa Brooks IOL Chemicals Scam - texting and then looking for google hangout interview

Reply - Report abuse

shanikquajohnson in Raleigh, North Carolina

4 months ago

Good Morning,

I am so glad I had the foresight to review this forum. Mine was similar to the users in N.Y. Now I've done work from home jobs in the recent past so they do exist, that was the reason I was searching for another.The initial contact was typical of interviewers, I've even had to do instant message interviews or more particularly on Skype which is what I was expecting. Instead it was on Google lookout. They claimed it was am office coordinator with Curtiss Wright however they will mail my i9 and w4 forms also plausible except they never did a paper or online application. They all for your address to send a fedex of your expense check, so I had then send it to my job. It's a generic letter inside instructing you to deposit the check, email the receipt and then you can get the funds all to a yahoo account. Even the sender on the fedex is real including the address but the number is bogusshop he could be getting scammed too. I hope this helps but I kept all the documentation and lookout commentary and will be turning this over. This is horrible.

Reply - Report abuse

shanikquajohnson in Raleigh, North Carolina

4 months ago

AG in Atlanta, Georgia said: I got a text earlier today from a some guy who was hiring for a home office data entry position at PSA International . He claimed to come across my resume, which I remember applying for several data entry jobs on Indeed. He wanted me to do a text interview on google hang outs (which was new to me). We do the interview, I give him My name, address (because where I live at is a pretty rough area so.....) and phone number. He asks me to pick a option of payment, I tell him check (I'm not stupid). He tells me to text him at 8 the next morning. I call PSA Internationals corporate office to verify if he is legit. They never heard of this guy. He offered me 35 per hour trainning followed by 50 per hour as regular pay, benefits, and even told me to keep $150 out of the check as a sign up bonus. Which is low, and once I sat back and put everything together before calling corporate, none of the things he offered made sense. What can these guys do with my information as far as Phone, Address and name. Worse is the fact that I believe these guys have infultrated Indeed and are setting up job seekers on their. This is scary.

I received the same but from Curtiss Wright corporation for office coordinator, when the sent this Fedex, that fortunately I had sent to my employment, there was a cashiers check for almost $3000 that was supposed to be for expenses as sign on bonus, when I asked why it wasn't just a voucher to the Vendor I was told after I deposit it as send confirmation then I would be called by the Vendor. I called the company after that as was told that the position is real but not work from home and is in NJ. No account attached to the cashier's check, people are just horrible. Once they said make a deposit I was over it. I think they make sure to send a check on a bank they know isn't local for Judy that reason.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Cassie in North Las Vegas, Nevada

4 months ago

Well I had one happy I did not cash there check it was a freelance graphic designer for Zhou nutrition and did the interview but keep on thinking it happen to my older sister and I had a gut feeling, if anyone get a email from jake Leslie zhounutritionincjobs@gmail.com don't answer them. Plus the check game to the post office but there was a alert on the package could not send it to my place then I came back to the guy who interview with and told him don't want it anymore good thing I'm a cop trying to get these guys.

Reply - Report abuse

No Fool..BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS LLC in Roseville, Michigan

4 months ago

Hello,

Yesterday I received a text message from a number they won't let me list. He told me his name was Jim Gabbai from BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS LLC. Told me they got my resume and would like to do an online interview. The first thing I do when I get an offer is refer back to my email and indeed to find the job I applied for and guess what? THIS ONE WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.
I continued and "the hiring team" Sent me an IM via google hangout.

First of all they offered me 27.20 an hour for an work from home administrator assistant which was SUPER unreasonable I mean that sounds fishy off rip and then they asked me literally 5 questions and said you got the job lol. Next they say that they will send me a check for work material tomorrow. (This is where I stopped ms "REBECCA ANN BROOKS")

I've been doing some research about work from home scams and this sounds everything like what I've read. Why would you send someone Money for materials and I haven't filled out not one document and you don't even know if I am who I say I am. So guess what happened after I said that to her lol she said

" alright that'll be all for now, you are needed online tomorrow at 8 am for task and update understood?"

And I said

"No I am not doing anything! Understood?" And alllll of a sudden the message could not be delivered and me brooks logged off �������� they tried it but I'm much smarter than that.

Reply - Report abuse

bryan in Chino, California

4 months ago

Justin Shipp in Memphis, Tennessee said: The company is IOL Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals

I received a txt message from Emily Zachary to contact a Robert Cummings via Google Hangouts
pay $30/hour

they asked me 15 "interview" questions
asked me for my name and address
gonna send a check to pay for laptop and "work from home equipment"
after the decide if I'm hired

I'm pretty sure its a scam. hope I'm not in trouble. i want to let you all know just in case they call you all.

My girlfriend just applied for same thing. Any updates on this?

Reply - Report abuse

No Fool..BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS LLC in Roseville, Michigan

4 months ago

bryan in Chino, California said: My girlfriend just applied for same thing. Any updates on this?

Look at the comment above yours... i just went through the same and I say it's definitely a scam! What company just ask you a couple of questions and then send you money and don't know who you are? You haven't filled out any paper work. You could be Peter Pan for all they know. When I told the lady that contacted me that it sounded like a scam all of a sudden she logged off and all of my messages to her would not go through... don't do it!

If it sounds too good to be true... IT IS

Reply - Report abuse

TheBeef in Bradford, United Kingdom

4 months ago

I received this today. I've had to chop a few bits out though I've left the bulk of the message intact. Scam, yeah?

----------------------------------

Dear (I have removed my name :D),

We have received your resume in response to our add on Indeed.com
We would like to inform you that your resume has been reviewed and we would like to have a One-On-One interview with you online and proceed with the hiring process.

Larc Business Consulting company is offering you the position of Administrative Assistant.

We are very pleased to hear that you are interested in finding out more about our company.
My name is Estelle Watson and I am the Human Resources Coordinator at Larc Business Consulting company.

Find us online: www.larcbusinessconsulting.com

Job Overview:
Administrative Assistant
Employment Type: Regular, Part-Time, Home Based
Job Type: AdminClerical
HOURS: Flexible, Part time
START DATE: Hiring this month

As discussed you will be responsible for the administrative support
function with our customers based in your city. You will report directly to me and your Phone Manager and your
normal working hours are expected to be Monday to Friday: 9 AM - 1 PM, afternoon 1 PM - 5 PM
or we can arrange a flexible schedule. Your starting date will be set by
the end of your employment process.
There is a specific training program to undergo. You do not need a
university degree to apply for this job. High school diploma is sufficient
enough.
However, you need a knowledge of basic PC program packs like Microsoft
Office & Word and also you must be familiar with using the Internet and E-mail services.

[/snip]

Respectfully,
Estelle Watson

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

TheBeef in Bradford, United Kingdom

4 months ago

In response to the above, I received the following reply:

------------------------------------------------------

Dear [me]

We would like to conduct a brief job interview with you during the next 24h.
Your phone manager Andy Paulsen will call your mobile or a landline phone number on Monday
to ask a few questions and give you a brief description of the job.
If you are unavailable, he`ll be able to leave a Voice Mail on your answering machine from
his office phone number, so please try to call him back ASAP.
Please add his office number to your contacts, so you may always recognize your phone
manager.

In order to speed up your recruitment process you can easily call him at your earliest
convenience: Andy Paulsen [the number listed here is the legit number of the company in Edinburgh]

[/snip]

Please make sure that our emails find it`s way to your Inbox.
If you don`t hear back from us within 24 hours, please send us an email or give us a call!
I would appreciate it if you could confirm, if you have received this email.

Thank you.

Respectfully,
Estelle Watson
Larc Business Consulting
www.larcbusinessconsulting.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Agg in Manchester, United Kingdom

4 months ago

TheBeef in Bradford, United Kingdom said: I received this today. I've had to chop a few bits out though I've left the bulk of the message intact. Scam, yeah?

----------------------------------

Dear (I have removed my name :D),

We have received your resume in response to our add on Indeed.com
We would like to inform you that your resume has been reviewed and we would like to have a One-On-One interview with you online and proceed with the hiring process.

Larc Business Consulting company is offering you the position of Administrative Assistant.

We are very pleased to hear that you are interested in finding out more about our company.
My name is Estelle Watson and I am the Human Resources Coordinator at Larc Business Consulting company.

Find us online: www.larcbusinessconsulting.com

Job Overview:
Administrative Assistant
Employment Type: Regular, Part-Time, Home Based
Job Type: AdminClerical
HOURS: Flexible, Part time
START DATE: Hiring this month

As discussed you will be responsible for the administrative support
function with our customers based in your city. You will report directly to me and your Phone Manager and your
normal working hours are expected to be Monday to Friday: 9 AM - 1 PM, afternoon 1 PM - 5 PM
or we can arrange a flexible schedule. Your starting date will be set by
the end of your employment process.
There is a specific training program to undergo. You do not need a
university degree to apply for this job. High school diploma is sufficient
enough.
However, you need a knowledge of basic PC program packs like Microsoft
Office & Word and also you must be familiar with using the Internet and E-mail services.

[/snip]

Respectfully,
Estelle Watson

Hi,
I get the same email. Looks like spam.

Reply - Report abuse

travelenlady in Sterling Heights, Michigan

4 months ago

I received via text from Pat Oman saying she was from North Carolina Healthcare system (which is huge after researching this). Wanted me to install google hangout app for interview. I did not, as legitimate interviews are done via telephone calls. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

arpita in Helotes, Texas

4 months ago

sarahscott738@gmail.com and jasoneKline@gmail.com Beware of this email Ids.They send me fake job links.Interviewed and selected me.Gave me check also and asked me to print that check and sign on it and deposit check through mobile deposit. No technical questions asked.Just HR questions.I blocked them from gmail.They took my name,age,sex,location,email id.I was interviewed via hangout messages.No video calls.No company website mentioned. I still have email from the accounting department with the checks softcompany and he mentioned many times not to give the checks to third party!!!

Beware, friends!!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

arpita in Helotes, Texas

4 months ago

I got the same job offer.It is fake.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

soitgoes in Denver, Colorado

4 months ago

this scam is definitely alive and well. just a heads up people. i consider myself a rational, intelligent person — but look, all that goes out the window when under financial duress, and these a*****s know that precisely. shame on me I suppose for falling for it in the first place. i thought I was paying attention before (guess not), but I am now. in some ways i am happy it happened.

i responded:

"My mistake for falling for it to be sure.

By the way, people like you, targeting those who are at their most vulnerable? Disgusting. Subhuman. Can't be too far removed from pedophiles.

The universe is going to square up with you eventually. You'll see — give it some time. You think you can be so vile with no repercussions? Not a chance."

Reply - Report abuse

mkasten in Clovis, California

4 months ago

Still going on!

Your resume has been successfully received, reviewed and approved by the HR department and we believe you are qualified for an online interview via hangout with The hiring manager Mr. Maurice L. Bryant... Please contact Him via Google hangout at ( mauricelbryant9@gmail.com ) If you don't have a Gmail ID you are required to set up a Gmail account here at ( mail.google.com ) and get a Gmail hangout at ( www.google.com/hangouts/ ). He will be online waiting for you to proceed with the job briefing and online interview. (You can also download the fore mentioned application on your smartphone or do it on your Computer).

RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES : Scheduling appointment, Entering customer information, Invoicing , Files ,Entering expense reports in computer system Running and processing multiple documents utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access Inputting purchase orders Other various administrative tasks,Inputs information from a variety of sources into a computer database. May take customer orders and enter them into a pre-established tracking system and Maintains accounting records by making copies, filing documents,Assignments will be sent to you via e-mail or IM and you will report directly to your immediate supervisor.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

INTERVIEW VERIFICATION CODE: CMP006784
A timely response is appreciated.
Human resource Dept.
Thank you!
CMP Group.

I didn't see it in my inbox because Gmail sent it straight to spam. The way I found it was after I got a text from a 585 area code saying they had received the resume I had submitted and wanted to know if I wanted the job. I told them that the name of the company did not match any of those that I had submitted an application. He told me I had already gotten an email so that is when I found it. I blocked his number. Don't fall for it!

Reply - Report abuse

agaud2017 in Niagara County, New York

4 months ago

Beware of any job offer email that contradicts itself and offers a suspiciously high pay rate...

such as this one:

Position Title: Package Handler.

Our employees:
- Are eligible for medical, dental and vision insurance as well as adventure holidays after completion of an probationary period;
- Are eligible for earnings increase after the first 180 days of employment<br>
- Have career prospects in our “Promote From Within” special program;
- May participate in the company’s training support service;
- Should be at least 18 years old.

Opening Type: Full-time.

Payment: $3,100.00 /month.

Please email your contact phone number to the following email, as well as your questions or concerns, if any.
Our manager will contact you shortly.

YOUR REPLY MUST BE SENT ONLY TO THIS E MAIL ADDRESS IN THE FOLLOWING FORMAT:
- Letter Subject: - "Job Package Handler";
- Letter text: - First, Last Name, followed by your phone number and inquiries (if any).

Thank you in advance,
Edwin Sweet

$3100/month is unusual, 3 hours-long shifts is NOT "full time" because that's 15 hours a week, not 35-40 hours... that would make it near $50/hour for package handling... + amazing benefits... hmmm...

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Miryam in Dacula, Georgia

4 months ago

Yes, if it is something from google hangout it is probably a scam. I already had 2 "jobs"hire me after we IM for a few minutes. Too good too be true. I confronted them and blocked immediately. It is sad.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

A. Vela in Fort Worth, Texas

4 months ago

Lula in Cranston, Rhode Island said: The same thing just happened to me minutes ago.. thank god i started googling like crazy and found this super helpful comments.!! I just gave them the name of my bank but the wouldnt do much with it because I didnt give them my last name right. But the truth is.. this sites that offer us the opportunity to post or resumes should have a way to void these scammers. It is unfair that we spend hours and days and months trying to find jobs online that best suits our needs and what we get is fools trying to screw us. Please job boards.. help us from going through this.. !!

I completely agree with you. I'm looking for a job and that's what these sites are suppose to be for and yet I keep getting calls to "further my education" or scams but yet not a job offer.... Oh and a ton of calls for everything but a job (since a phone number is on ones resume).

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

George Harding in Carshalton, United Kingdom

4 months ago

MTS tree care-Sutton

There are reviews on google about him messing around customers and employees. I applied for his job and it wasn't really a job, he would say about meeting at job site but never show up. Owes money that will refuse to pay up. I couldn't write a review on his job that he had previously taken down after refusing to pay me but now has reposted it. Don't not apply for it as I am convinced there isn't a job available

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Cas in Las Vegas, Nevada

4 months ago

A person claiming to be hr and gm of kickstarter named Cindy williams conducted an interview with me via Google hangouts. Didn't think nothing of it at the time. Offered me a job starting 20 an hour. She asked for no banking information or ssn. Sent a check tho for close to 8000 and I was dumb enough to deposit it thinking it was for my new job. I was instructed to purchase iTunes gift cards for a my job which I did. I know at this point you're thinking what an idiot but I needed a job and didn't really think about it till the next day.

This is just some of what she mentioned over hangouts:

Okay. You have a total of (30) minutes for the Job briefing and interview session which is in form of Q and A for the Interview session part ...As soon as we proceed you will get to know more and understand better and please be fast with response, it is highly appreciated Okay

Okay. You have a total of (30) minutes for the Job briefing and interview session which is in form of Q and A for the Interview session part ...As soon as we proceed you will get to know more and understand better and please be fast with response, it is highly appreciated Okay

I am Mrs Cindy Williams, age 47. The VP of HR at KICKSTARTER. Please introduce yourself indicate your location?
These are the requirements for the Job...
- Driver's License Card
-Must be fluent in communication and English
-Must have clear criminal charges
-Must be atleast 40wpm average
-Must be above 18years

I believe you have no issues here?

Okay great! Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.

Reply - Report abuse

Lizzie in Galax, Virginia

4 months ago

Ash (Continued) in Marietta, Georgia said: Started the chat with the Hiring Manager and this is what he said

Mr. Randy Gates (hrd.randyusa15@gmail.com)

I am Mr. Randy Gates, One of the hiring manager of (Global Pharma HealthCare Ltd.) I joined Global Pharma HealthCare Ltd. in 2009, I received my master’s degree in business administration from Washington University in St. Louis, and bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Missouri-St. Louis. I am certified public accountant and a certified management accountant. In 2004, I received an honorary doctoral degree from the University of Missouri-St. Louis for achieving distinction in my field and for contributing to the betterment of the university and the St. Louis community . I would be the one to brief you about the position and the company.

What are your full names, and where are you located?

Here's is the company's website( www.global-pharma.com/ ) you are required to use 5 minutes of your time to read more about the company, then let me know once you are done so as to proceed with the interview okay.

I stopped reply to his message after I found this site where people where getting scammed.

Oh Thank Goodness for this site...I just received two emails for these type of job. I was doing some research on the companies and decided to research scam jobs and there you guys were. I thought they sounded fake but I started checking.
Thank you guys. I am sorry for all that you have been through !!!!!

These posts help so much that you have no idea....

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

travelenlady in Sterling Heights, Michigan

4 months ago

Twice in 1 week received text from 2 different scammers. Both Area codes are 510. Cynthia Oman with Allergan International texted me asking if I was interested in Admin Asst paying no less than $25. Then Pat Oman with Carolinas Healthcare Systems asked if I had gmail account. When I said no, she said to install google hangouts app to finish interview. ** They are scammers and lure you with high paying jobs, when in reality Admin Asst do not pay $25 an hour. They both said got my resume from Indeed, so website is hacked or they phish for your phone# or other info.
DONT BE FOOLED BY THEM

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Shemetria in Marietta, Georgia

4 months ago

QUEJOBS in Columbia, South Carolina said: DID YOU KEEP THE MONEY OR WHAT?

Definitely a scam. You would think that with this being a popular job site they have certain restrictions that prevent scammers from doing this if it is not a real job. I feel so played. I am interested in working at home and now i do not feel that you can trust indeed. The company page for Anthem Inc has the same information as the job overview information that was sent and it seemed legit until i received another check and was told to deposit it. I am going to the police.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

nikhec10@*****.*** in Pittston, Pennsylvania

3 months ago

I received a text from DANA MONROE FROM CHRISTUS HEALTH CARE IN TEXAS .. SCAM..

DON'T DO IT..WASTED HALF A DAY ON THIS ... IF YOU FEEL ITS OFF .. IT IS!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Wendy in Hemet, California

3 months ago

Omg thank god I found this I just got a txt hey weird out of no where it read:

Good day,Wendy Orellana...This is Mr. Varinder Gupta from,your resume posted on (Indeed) Job board has been reviewed by our company for a Data Entry job with a pay of $25 per hour. You have been shortlisted for a Job briefing and Interview with our company. I would like to know if you are still interested in the job position?

My response;

Where is your company located if you don't mind me asking?

His response back:

Anthem, Inc.
Corporate Headquarters
120 Monument Circle
Indianapolis, IN 46204

With our worldwide presence, we are expanding our businesses/customer reach by setting up a branch in closer to you. Which will be commissioned on the 30th of September and that's why we are employing online. When the new office near you is up and running, you can be assigned to one of them; that is if you qualify after the interview. Okay?

My response:

Where is the interview?

His response:

Great.. You are required to contact the Hiring Manager Mrs. Alice Nathaniel for more information about the job and company. The job briefing and interview process will be done through google hangout. Do you have access to Google hangout ?

My response:

I don't know what that is.

No txt back (shocking)!

BEWARE everyone

Reply - Report abuse

Loyal in East Orange, New Jersey

3 months ago

This person has been contacting me. She says she's from a company called "Kickstarter." She Mailed a check for $4,900..telling me to drposit it into my account..but only thru the ATM or mobile banking. She also said the check is for supplies that I would need to do the job that I was hired for. She told me once i deposited the check and the funds became available,that there is a vendor she wants me to purchase the supplies from and only that vendor. I did not deposit the check. I did call "Navy Federal Credit Union," because that's where it says it from. The name Cynthia D. Sullivan, 1003 Mount Vernon CT., Marlton, Nj 06033 is also on it.Mrs. Cindy Holmes is the person messaging me on google hangouts.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Loyal in East Orange, New Jersey

3 months ago

What happened with the check?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

kathymcc123m in Garnerville, New York

3 months ago

It is good you didn't deposit the check. That would have given them your bank information electronically and your bank account would have been emptied. Banks are trained in spotting these fake checks, which is why the discourage going to a teller.

All these scams make it hard to find work

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

DC in Pearland, Texas

3 months ago

It's a scam! No One will give you money first ever! Let that be a warning sign. The check they sent is a fraud one. It will wipe out whatever money you have in the back...bouncing it. You will be stuck with plenty of NSF fees and a balance of 0!

Beware.....

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

wracerca@*****.*** in Corona, California

3 months ago

This is going on at the very moment. I know it is a scam, but I am playing along. The odd thing is that they contact me through the ladders.com and used their portal. Did some research and found Alice Hampton @ hr.aliceham@gmail.com and alice@manpower.com or alice@manspower.com and six 6 nine-four oh oh 27. The offer letter was poor and from Omar Carriles adminhiring@manpowergroups.com. Yes, offer was too good to be true. Be vigilant. Blessings to all.

Dear Applicant,

Our HR Dept has reviewed your resume posted online and you have been qualified for: Data Entry, Clerical Admin, Administrative Assistant, Medical Billing /Coding, Customer Service, Receptionist, Accounting receivable management, Accounting, Payroll Clerk, Book keeping, Typist Clerk, Management. These are available positions that are yet to be occupied and we certainly believe you would be capable of handling this positions.

The name of our company is ManpowerGroup. Your details has been forwarded to the Human Resources Department and the Head of Operations, the Hiring Manager will be available to discuss the job details, pay scale, benefit and briefing about the opening in our company. Your verification code is HRP5661, this would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring procedure.

This is an immediate hire position, the interview will commence from 08:00Am-08:00Pm today, To participate, You are required to follow instructions by setting up a G-mail account setup (mail.google.com) and also have the Google talk app/Hangout installed. After this process is done, you are to add Mrs Alice Hampton up on your Google talk/Hangout app via (hrmanpowergroup66@gmail.com) She will be available online waiting for you.

Time : 08:00am -08:00pm your time.

Venue : Online via Google-Hangout App.

Regards,

Human Resources Dept.

(Admin)
— Alice Hampton

Privacy | Terms of Use | Contact Us © 2017 Ladders

Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Marietta, Georgia

3 months ago

I too received the same text & google hangout interview from Dorthe Mikkelsen with Falck Group. Position for admin RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: Heavy Data entry/administrative tasks Updating client information in computer system Running and processing multiple documents utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access Inputting purchase orders Other various administrative tasks,Inputs information from a variety of sources into a computer database.
May take customer orders and enter them into a pre-established tracking system Assignments will be sent to you via e-mail or IM and you will report directly to your immediate supervisor...Can you handle these duties?.

You will be working online from home for now, the working hours are flexible and you can choose to work from anywhere of your choice, the pay is $30 per hour training is $20 per hour and will get payment weekly via check or direct deposit. Working 30 to 40 hours weekly, if you are considered for this position you will be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor..

Glad, I found this hoax because I did not find the job positing on their website. I wan't sure if I was going to contact them this morning but I received a msg on Hangout from I believe Mrs. Dorthe. I asked questions and no reply to them and finally I received this message from Dorthe (if it is really her).

Reply from Dorthe:

Please take your application else where this firm is not looking to hire jobseekers like you whom skepticism is written all over their face as this firm is looking to create more employment opportunities for people who lives in less privileged communities and the physically disabled. This also helps to decrease the rate of unemployment in the country which benefits the economy that is why we are offering much more benefits and pay.. Have a good day!!

Reply - Report abuse

shaaronie in Baltimore, Maryland

3 months ago

They got me too and my scammer was really elaborate, hooked me for over four days. My job is closing and I am 58 and needed to find a replacement fast as it's hard being hired without a job at my age so I found out in 2008. So a woman named Linda Ginar from teletech@home or something and says that I qualify for about a dozen jobs, which one do I want and I reply customer service. A few more vague questions and she says the interview time is over for the day and I am to log on to google hang outs at 10am the next day. I do that and she tells me to hold while she retrieves my questions from teletech HR. She comes back and says she is sending me an email and I have 24 hours to answer the questions which were all concerning accounting. The next day (day three), she says that Teletech HR really liked my answers and decided to hire me for the job. I was elated and couldn't thank her enough (dummy), she said they'd be paying for my virtual office and would be sending me a check to buy the equipment from the local vender. Oh, and in her initial google hang out conversation, she linked to the actual teletech site and to a video and asked me to look around and tell her what I thought. Long story short, she emailed me on Monday and spoke with me daily (I had to log in at 9, but was getting paid so I thought), and only asked for money on Friday. I got the check and was not suspicious when trying to deposit it by phone, that the app could not read the account numbers and I kept getting an error. I apologized to Linda (there is a real person who is a recruiter) and ran to a local bank's ATM and made the deposit. I photo'd the receipt and sent it. It's then that she mentioned using the available balance for shipping fees. Uh,oh! Ship what? I have not ordered anything. SCAM! I ran into the bank to cancel that damn check! Linda was frantically messaging me so I told her that I had gotten into an accident rushing to Walmart and was waiting on the police. I am now going to report her.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

D. Rowe in Tampa, Florida

3 months ago

I was contacted by "Mrs. Melissa Vaughn", who put me in contact with "Mrs. Beth Albright" (beth.albrightchemoursrep@gmail.com) via text message last night 8/22/17.
Text message:
Hello Denise Rowe, This is Mrs. Melissa Vaughn from The Chemours Company. Your resume was seen on the WorkMarket and we feel you would be an asset to the company performing Admin/data entry. Reply once you get this so an interview can be scheduled. Thank you.
Would not do a video conference, only google hangouts chat.
Was "hired" immediately.
I could make my own schedule
I was suspicious...the pay rate alone was too good to be true for a Data Entry/Administrative Assistant - $30.75 per hour
"Beth Albright" then put me in contact with "Erich Parker" who is also a real person that works for The Chemours Company.
I started asking the manager "Erich" some questions...
Conversation:
Me: Hi Eric! I have a question
Erich: Go ahead...
Me: How long will training be?
Erich: 1 week
Me: Where are you located? May I call and have a chat with you? Will there be an opportunity for us to meet? I would very much like to get to know my manager.
Erich: Of course after your training orientation.
Me: Will that be the same time that I receive my first pay check?
Erich: No, your home office will be setup during your training
Me: Who is delivering the home office?
Erich: The company third party installer and delivery courier agent.
Me: What is the name of the company? I need to know who is coming to my home.
Erich: No one is coming to your house. we don't operate like that.
Me: Okay...Please explain how I will be receiving my home office.
Erich: It will be mailed to you via FEDEX or USPS.
Me: I dont need a home office set up. I already have one
Erich: Ok Good, Since you already have one, kindly employ yourself.
Me: Am I fired?
Message not delivered...hahahaha

Reply - Report abuse

Lupe Ramos in Atlanta, Georgia

3 months ago

Ms Smith in Atlanta, Georgia said: I got this email twice this week. I don't even know which one of 8 jobs I applied for is this coming from.
If there is a way for indeed to get rid of the scammers or something thay wold be great. This makes me not want to use Indeed anymore. Going through this forum and seeing how many ppl are being scammed is ridiculous. Why should we use your services and there are no real jobs on your site?
Do you even care that your site is being known for scam jobs and there are warning blogs that say do not use indeed?

It's sad that even when we are trying to find something better for ourselves we are still getting scamed.

This came from info@postoio.com and
kelvindemsy@gmail.com

Dear Applicant,
Congratulations,
Your resume has been reviewed and you have made it to the NEXT STEP for the job opening you sent your resume

Your resume was shortlisted for an online interview with the personnel manager Mr james via Gmail hangout/ Google talk with the following email address (jamesmanager6@gmail.com) . Add Him to your buddy list and send Him an IM, He will be online waiting for you ASAP to conduct the interview for you.

Your verification code is (EDI-101), this would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring process. Your timely response matters a lot.

We look forward to having you on the team.

Interview Scheduled : Online.
Time: ASAP
Venue: On line Via Gmail Hangout/Google Talk
Training is Available
Human Resources
Your swift and timely response matters a lot in this beneficial position.
Best Regard

Yours Truly,
Hiring Manager
Regards

What was the outcome I have received a similar txt.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Fake Job From Law Firm

3 months ago

Below is the full fake add for a job posted through indeed from an attorneys office that actually exists, this guy actually wanted to meet with me::::::::::::::::

SEEKING QUALITY PEOPLE TO GROW WITH US

Come Grow with Us

We are a younger company experiencing real growth which is creating new opportunities for Quality people.

Currently we're seeking 2 individuals to work in our Financial Offices.To qualify you'll need to have basic computer skills, good people skills, the ability to speak clearly and communicate effectively. Daily tasks to begin could be answering phones, filing, computer work, processing documents and more.

This is an entry level position offering a career path that can lead to promotions and significant pay increase over time, as you learn our business. If you're eager to learn, ambitious, reliable and dependable, you may be who we're looking for if you have professional appearance and demeanor. Pay commensurate with experience. All experience levels are encouraged to apply.

Please submit your resume here along with a cover letter and the best time to reach you. we wish to fill this position immediately.

Job Type: Full-time

Salary: $19.00 to $22.00 /hour

This is the second email I received after I submitted my resume::::::::::::

Thank you very much for your application. We really appreciate you taking the time to consider us as a potential employer. However, the position you applied for has been filled, but you have been offered another position at our client’s company as a Personal Assistant due to your exceptional resume.

If you are interested, fill in the below for more details to get started.

Pay is $780/wk

Full Name :
Address (P.O box Not allowed):
Apt #:
City:
State:
ZipCode:
Mobile (For SMS):
Current Occupation :
Email :

Once you have it filled out, send it to my email address : waltergroupinc (at) gmail.com

Regards,
Dominique

Reply - Report abuse

Scam Alert in Oradell, New Jersey

3 months ago

runner07 in Atlanta, Georgia said: DO NOT SIGN UP to have an interview with the screen name patriciawilson180@yahoo.com. This is a hoax and it is not real. The position is with Patient Media Conversation as an Administrative Position/ Receptionist. It maybe taken down already. The company changed from a U.S company to India (USV Limited) when I started the "interview".

Scam alert guys if you find or get a email saying Raytheon is offering various positions with google hangouts as the interview it's a JOKE. They tried that on me called Raytheon ask to speak to the person they said they were and guess what they said she it's a scam the Company. Guys are sad

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Luisa in Baltimore, Maryland

3 months ago

KateC003 in Baltimore, Maryland said: I received a sketchy e-mail regarding a Mrs. Cindy Holmes but it was with g-mail. Her e-mail was holmesworks00@gmail.com I stupidly accepted the google hangouts job interview but halfway through it, I thought it was weird and I started to google it and it led me here. However, I haven't found any comment with the exact same person I had an "interview" with, but the situations were so similar. I'm curious to know if anyone has had an outcome where they hacked their information by the e-mail supplied on google hangouts. Turns out google hangouts isn't as secure as I thought. I'm scared this person was a professional hacker and hacked my info via phone. They also used a legit company called Indiegogo, its like KickStarter. I e-mailed Indiegogo in regards to this letting them know that there is a scam going on regarding their company and I have not received anything back yet. Has anyone had any experiences that go further than the interview?

Yes I just received a text message from a California Number stating they were David Lee from KICKSTARTER and saw my resume and instructed I email the same exact person. I stopped right there because it is never professional to text someone a job offer at 10pm.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Tyates4511 in Warner Robins, Georgia

3 months ago

Too late for me as I was ripped off $4,980.00 from this very same thing. I should have followed my first thought and didn't do it. I contacted the bank where the check was drawn and notified them. File a police report and forward all of the documents to the Credit Union. I know that I will never see my funds again, but hope there is some information that can connect to them.

Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   25  26  27  28  29  30  31  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.