Job interview follow up and etiqutte

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Frustrated in Saint Paul, Minnesota

21 months ago

UGH!!!!! I hate interviewing for jobs!

It is not so much the interview, but the lack of follow up from the prospective employer. I interviewed on 3/9 (Friday) afternoon with a whole slew of people....hiring manager and the team. I really felt like I nailed the interview. The job is alomst identical to my previous expereince.

I followed up with a thank you email to the team on Monday (3/11) morning. I received a thank you message back from the HR recruiter who told me he needed to congegate with the rest of the team. I know the hiring manager was OOO Monday - Thursday, so I sent a follow up email to the recruiter on Friday (3/15) monring, but I still have not heard anyting......I sent another follow up email yesterday (3/19....is this a lost cause? I hate to be a pessimist, but what could the hold up be?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Clueless in Honolulu, Hawaii

21 months ago

I know how frustrated you feel, we're kind of in the same boat right now. Maybe they still can't make a decision yet. You know how slow HRs are nowadays...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

21 months ago

Anyone noticing how all other jobs and sectors have been gutted and pared down while HR has exploded? Hiring Managers? Recruiters? Plus, you probably have to interview with direct colleagues. How many people do you have to bl--, I mean, impress to get a job nowadays?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

21 months ago

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois said: Anyone noticing how all other jobs and sectors have been gutted and pared down while HR has exploded? Hiring Managers? Recruiters? Plus, you probably have to interview with direct colleagues. How many people do you have to bl--, I mean, impress to get a job nowadays?

The Employed is a very exclusive club today. We can't just let anybody in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.