Job reposting

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

Sophie Grace in Austin, Texas

15 months ago

Is it common for a job opening to be resposted before the initial interviews are complete? I was a bit discouraged this morning to see a repost for the job I am interviewing for in a few days. I don't want to look on the negative side, but I think now that I am only getting a courtesy interview. I believe I would be excellent at the job but now I sure don't want to get my hopes up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

michael in Paris, France

15 months ago

They may be looking for more candidates or it was automatically reposted. Imagine if you're the only candidate they're interviewing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in North Chicago, Illinois

15 months ago

This can mean one of 3 things:

1. They didn't get enough people the first time.
2. They failed to draw the kind of candidates they hoped to draw the first time.
3. They were told to repost it in the hopes of getting a more diverse pool of candidates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

Elizabeth in North Chicago, Illinois said: This can mean one of 3 things:

2. They failed to draw the kind of candidates they hoped to draw the first time.
3. They were told to repost it in the hopes of getting a more diverse pool of candidates.

4. The candidate has already been chosen. You are there to fulfill their due diligence.

Almost Suicidal in Houston, Texas

15 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: 4. The candidate has already been chosen. You are there to fulfill their due diligence.

As in we need more applicants to make it easier to hide the fact that the bosses second cousin in law twice removed has already been selected.

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

Almost Suicidal in Houston, Texas said: As in we need more applicants to make it easier to hide the fact that the bosses second cousin in law twice removed has already been selected.

Can you ever be as qualified as the boss's new daughter-in-law?

Stillsmiling in Kingsland, Georgia

15 months ago

Elizabeth in North Chicago, Illinois said: This can mean one of 3 things:

I got a rejection letter for a job that said they had enough qualified candidates and I wasn't chosen on the same day the job was reposted. Go figure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

Stillsmiling in Kingsland, Georgia said: I got a rejection letter for a job that said they had enough qualified candidates and I wasn't chosen on the same day the job was reposted. Go figure.

A few years ago, I submitted a Taleo app late on Saturday night. Its was about 11:30 pm. An hour later, about 12:30 am, I got a rejection notice. Ha!

Now Taleo has a built in calendar so it doesn't look so obvious.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ashley in Englewood, Colorado

14 months ago

Until someone signs on the dotted line they will keep the job posted. My job was posted even after my formal offer until I signed the actual job offer paperwork and completed the health screening and CBI check (I'm in health care), etc. It doesn't reflect on your candidacy.
Some job postings are kind of permanent, like in healthcare, every organization will always have RN and CNA "openings" posted regardless if there is a position at the time since there is high turnover and sometimes positions can be created for exceptional candidates.
Twice in my career I helped a program develop team create and get approval for new positions, wrote the job descriptions, then applied for the job myself! One never knows.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

14 months ago

Ashley in Englewood, Colorado said: Until someone signs on the dotted line they will keep the job posted. My job was posted even after my formal offer until I signed the actual job offer paperwork and completed the health screening and CBI check (I'm in health care), etc. It doesn't reflect on your candidacy.
Some job postings are kind of permanent, like in healthcare, every organization will always have RN and CNA "openings" posted regardless if there is a position at the time since there is high turnover and sometimes positions can be created for exceptional candidates.
Twice in my career I helped a program develop team create and get approval for new positions, wrote the job descriptions, then applied for the job myself! One never knows.....

Banks will always have teller positions open, even if at the moment, there aren't any.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Todd in Royal Oak, Michigan

14 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: 4. The candidate has already been chosen. You are there to fulfill their due diligence.

Translation: You are the Unqualified American, thanks for playing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Need New Job in Chicago, Illinois

14 months ago

Hee hee! I just saw a job reposted today that I interviewed for a month ago. The interviewer was so rude that I had to chuckle when I saw that they still haven't found anyone yet. Made my week.

findjob in North Carolina

14 months ago

I don't understand why employers repost the job. Why don't they just go back through the applications that was already submitted?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Need New Job in Chicago, Illinois

14 months ago

findjob in North Carolina said: I don't understand why employers repost the job. Why don't they just go back through the applications that was already submitted?

Obviously aren't happy with what they received. Lots of times employers try to hire a reacement for who left based on personality than skills. Sad but true.

Bluetea in Texas

14 months ago

findjob in North Carolina said: I don't understand why employers repost the job. Why don't they just go back through the applications that was already submitted?

Three reasons:

1. They didn't find what they want.
2. They don't know what they want.
3. They found exactly what they want but not at the price they are willing to pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

J Gagill in Brooklyn, New York

14 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Three reasons:

1. They didn't find what they want.
2. They don't know what they want.
3. They found exactly what they want but not at the price they are willing to pay.

I see you got alittle sauce on the side of your lip from dinner. Might want to take care of that. Or are you saving it for breakfast?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

14 months ago

J Gagill in Brooklyn, New York said: I see you got alittle sauce on the side of your lip from dinner. Might want to take care of that. Or are you saving it for breakfast?

I am saving it for when I eat my cannoli later.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.