Job reposting

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

Sophie Grace in Austin, Texas

36 months ago

Is it common for a job opening to be resposted before the initial interviews are complete? I was a bit discouraged this morning to see a repost for the job I am interviewing for in a few days. I don't want to look on the negative side, but I think now that I am only getting a courtesy interview. I believe I would be excellent at the job but now I sure don't want to get my hopes up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

michael in Paris, France

36 months ago

They may be looking for more candidates or it was automatically reposted. Imagine if you're the only candidate they're interviewing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in North Chicago, Illinois

36 months ago

This can mean one of 3 things:

1. They didn't get enough people the first time.
2. They failed to draw the kind of candidates they hoped to draw the first time.
3. They were told to repost it in the hopes of getting a more diverse pool of candidates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

36 months ago

Elizabeth in North Chicago, Illinois said: This can mean one of 3 things:

1. They didn't get enough people the first time.
2. They failed to draw the kind of candidates they hoped to draw the first time.
3. They were told to repost it in the hopes of getting a more diverse pool of candidates.

4. The candidate has already been chosen. You are there to fulfill their due diligence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Almost Suicidal in Houston, Texas

36 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: 4. The candidate has already been chosen. You are there to fulfill their due diligence.

As in we need more applicants to make it easier to hide the fact that the bosses second cousin in law twice removed has already been selected.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

36 months ago

Almost Suicidal in Houston, Texas said: As in we need more applicants to make it easier to hide the fact that the bosses second cousin in law twice removed has already been selected.

Can you ever be as qualified as the boss's new daughter-in-law?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stillsmiling in Kingsland, Georgia

36 months ago

Elizabeth in North Chicago, Illinois said: This can mean one of 3 things:

1. They didn't get enough people the first time.
2. They failed to draw the kind of candidates they hoped to draw the first time.
3. They were told to repost it in the hopes of getting a more diverse pool of candidates.

I got a rejection letter for a job that said they had enough qualified candidates and I wasn't chosen on the same day the job was reposted. Go figure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

36 months ago

Stillsmiling in Kingsland, Georgia said: I got a rejection letter for a job that said they had enough qualified candidates and I wasn't chosen on the same day the job was reposted. Go figure.

A few years ago, I submitted a Taleo app late on Saturday night. Its was about 11:30 pm. An hour later, about 12:30 am, I got a rejection notice. Ha!

Now Taleo has a built in calendar so it doesn't look so obvious.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ashley in Englewood, Colorado

35 months ago

Until someone signs on the dotted line they will keep the job posted. My job was posted even after my formal offer until I signed the actual job offer paperwork and completed the health screening and CBI check (I'm in health care), etc. It doesn't reflect on your candidacy.
Some job postings are kind of permanent, like in healthcare, every organization will always have RN and CNA "openings" posted regardless if there is a position at the time since there is high turnover and sometimes positions can be created for exceptional candidates.
Twice in my career I helped a program develop team create and get approval for new positions, wrote the job descriptions, then applied for the job myself! One never knows.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

35 months ago

Ashley in Englewood, Colorado said: Until someone signs on the dotted line they will keep the job posted. My job was posted even after my formal offer until I signed the actual job offer paperwork and completed the health screening and CBI check (I'm in health care), etc. It doesn't reflect on your candidacy.
Some job postings are kind of permanent, like in healthcare, every organization will always have RN and CNA "openings" posted regardless if there is a position at the time since there is high turnover and sometimes positions can be created for exceptional candidates.
Twice in my career I helped a program develop team create and get approval for new positions, wrote the job descriptions, then applied for the job myself! One never knows.....

Banks will always have teller positions open, even if at the moment, there aren't any.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Todd in Royal Oak, Michigan

35 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: 4. The candidate has already been chosen. You are there to fulfill their due diligence.

Translation: You are the Unqualified American, thanks for playing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

neednewjob in Chicago, Illinois

35 months ago

Hee hee! I just saw a job reposted today that I interviewed for a month ago. The interviewer was so rude that I had to chuckle when I saw that they still haven't found anyone yet. Made my week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

findjob in North Carolina

35 months ago

I don't understand why employers repost the job. Why don't they just go back through the applications that was already submitted?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

neednewjob in Chicago, Illinois

35 months ago

findjob in North Carolina said: I don't understand why employers repost the job. Why don't they just go back through the applications that was already submitted?

Obviously aren't happy with what they received. Lots of times employers try to hire a reacement for who left based on personality than skills. Sad but true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

35 months ago

findjob in North Carolina said: I don't understand why employers repost the job. Why don't they just go back through the applications that was already submitted?

Three reasons:

1. They didn't find what they want.
2. They don't know what they want.
3. They found exactly what they want but not at the price they are willing to pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

J Gagill in Brooklyn, New York

35 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Three reasons:

1. They didn't find what they want.
2. They don't know what they want.
3. They found exactly what they want but not at the price they are willing to pay.

I see you got alittle sauce on the side of your lip from dinner. Might want to take care of that. Or are you saving it for breakfast?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

35 months ago

J Gagill in Brooklyn, New York said: I see you got alittle sauce on the side of your lip from dinner. Might want to take care of that. Or are you saving it for breakfast?

I am saving it for when I eat my cannoli later.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Montclair, California

8 months ago

These comments seem rather negative, but they are still mostly true. From an employer's perspective. I posted a job and didn't get a sufficient number of qualified candidates. We interviewed 2 people and neither were a good fit, so we made do for a couple months and then reposted the job hoping to get more/different candidates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

8 months ago

Matt in Montclair, California said: These comments seem rather negative, but they are still mostly true. From an employer's perspective. I posted a job and didn't get a sufficient number of qualified candidates. We interviewed 2 people and neither were a good fit, so we made do for a couple months and then reposted the job hoping to get more/different candidates.

Here's an important question... what did you change about the job description, the salary offered, or the employer's expectations when you reposted that job? Just as jobseekers who send the same resume to a reposted job can expect the same result (rejection again), employers who don't see that their expectations are unrealistic should expct the same results (more applicants that the employers feels are unqualified).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

richardyadon in Franklin, Tennessee

8 months ago

Bottom line is you'll never know what is going on behind the scenes. The largest percentage of employers are working hard to fill the position. It is an acceptable practice to keep a job posting open, or even reposted, all the way through the actual hire and any probation period. It should not make a difference to the job seeker. You are going to do your best to get chosen for the job and then perform through the probation period whether the job is posted or not. ANY interview you get is not a waste of time. It exposes you to more people and you get more interviewing practice. Job interviewing is not a skill people exercise often, so use the experience to your advantage!

Richard Yadon
mmsgrouponline.com/6-signs-your-job-interview-went-well/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.