Nervous about an interview that I had.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Chris in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

18 months ago

Hello everyone, I have been using indeed for quite sometime to find employment. So i figured I would ask for everyone's opinion on my most recent interview

On Monday I have interviewed for a police department for a civilian position. In my opinion the interview went great.

I answered all the question well since I have had previous experience and gave valid responses, I asked the interviewers questions when they asked me if I have any question. In fact one of my questions made them smile and took them more than a minute to answer me. I am not sure if that's a good or bad thing. The question that I have asked was something along the lines of "how would you set apart a good candidate from a great candidate for this position". And the answer that I got was "well for an example a person with your qualification and education would make a great candidate for this position". I am sure they said that just to make me feel good.

They did seem interested in me, I noticed nods, smiles and they took many notes on my responses.

I am nervous because the department is interviewing all week long and than will make a final decision on who will get the job. They know that I am qualified and they know that I have tried to get hired at that police department for quite sometime now but each time before they hired someone internally.

I am just nervous that because I was interviewed on Monday and they are interviewing all week long, that I will be forgotten. Don't want to get my hopes up again and yes I did send out thank you e-mails.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

18 months ago

Chris in Port Saint Lucie, Florida said: Hello everyone, I have been using indeed for quite sometime to find employment. So i figured I would ask for everyone's opinion on my most recent interview

On Monday I have interviewed for a police department for a civilian position. In my opinion the interview went great.

I answered all the question well since I have had previous experience and gave valid responses, I asked the interviewers questions when they asked me if I have any question. In fact one of my questions made them smile and took them more than a minute to answer me. I am not sure if that's a good or bad thing. The question that I have asked was something along the lines of "how would you set apart a good candidate from a great candidate for this position". And the answer that I got was "well for an example a person with your qualification and education would make a great candidate for this position". I am sure they said that just to make me feel good.

They did seem interested in me, I noticed nods, smiles and they took many notes on my responses.

I am nervous because the department is interviewing all week long and than will make a final decision on who will get the job. They know that I am qualified and they know that I have tried to get hired at that police department for quite sometime now but each time before they hired someone internally.

I am just nervous that because I was interviewed on Monday and they are interviewing all week long, that I will be forgotten. Don't want to get my hopes up again and yes I did send out thank you e-mails.

Are you related to anyone in this police department? That helps quite a bit. LOL!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

18 months ago

haha believe me I wish I was related to someone at that police department, I am sure it would make this process much easier.

I am anxiously waiting now and hope I get the opportunity.

Unix Brat in Asheville, North Carolina

18 months ago

Chris in Port Saint Lucie, Florida said:
I am nervous because the department is interviewing all week long and than will make a final decision on who will get the job.........

I am just nervous that because I was interviewed on Monday and they are interviewing all week long, that I will be forgotten.

When the position carries some amount of importance, then it doesn't matter if you interviewed 1st, last, etc.

Good luck.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.