No feedback for a week, how do you think about it?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

lygmjsxz in Mount Wolf, Pennsylvania

12 months ago

Applied an entry-level temporary FT position (last about 1 year according to Hirning manager) on 9/20 at a major corporation in healthcare. HR people bypassed the phone interview on 10/2 for a invitation for onsite interview. I Have the interview on the following monday (10/7).

I have two seperate interviews, first one is a director of department, he goes over my resume and asking for detailed about half-hour.

Second interviewer is a VP, She seems clueless of this interview and I believe she just know that there will be a guy coming in for interview. She did not have my resume on-hand and ask me to give her a resume (of course, I have it). She introduced this position with some questions and pretty stick to interview.

Suddenly, she apologizes that she need to leave office for a few moments and come back about 10 minutes and then she just asking questions for about 8 minutes and thank me for coming in. Totally about half-hour as well. I asked her that when i will get feedback, she says that it should be in this week (which is last week).

Until today (10/16), I did not hear any feedback about this position. Just sent out my follow-up email with HR about this position.

I think that this lady maybe even forget to discuss with first manager about this position. But the first manager is prepared and he should be the decision maker.So folks, how do you think about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

eagertofly in Belfast, United Kingdom

12 months ago

Keep job hunting as they sound very disorganized and confused and glad to see you did a follow up as that is about all you can do. My advice is always keep job hunting until the day you walk in and your butt is in a seat at work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

12 months ago

lygmjsxz in Mount Wolf, Pennsylvania said: Applied an entry-level temporary FT position (last about 1 year according to Hirning manager) on 9/20 at a major corporation in healthcare. HR people bypassed the phone interview on 10/2 for a invitation for onsite interview. I Have the interview on the following monday (10/7).

I have two seperate interviews, first one is a director of department, he goes over my resume and asking for detailed about half-hour.

Second interviewer is a VP, She seems clueless of this interview and I believe she just know that there will be a guy coming in for interview. She did not have my resume on-hand and ask me to give her a resume (of course, I have it). She introduced this position with some questions and pretty stick to interview.

Suddenly, she apologizes that she need to leave office for a few moments and come back about 10 minutes and then she just asking questions for about 8 minutes and thank me for coming in. Totally about half-hour as well. I asked her that when i will get feedback, she says that it should be in this week (which is last week).

Until today (10/16), I did not hear any feedback about this position. Just sent out my follow-up email with HR about this position.

I think that this lady maybe even forget to discuss with first manager about this position. But the first manager is prepared and he should be the decision maker.So folks, how do you think about it.

Keep applying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.