No response, 5 weeks after interview- HR professionals please HELP!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 242)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

vision1227 in Spring, Texas

31 months ago

Any HR/Recruiters out there, I could use some help. I interviewed with one of the largest O&G companies about 5 weeks ago. Interview went great. It's been 5 weeks and nothing, I have tried contacting everyone that I had contact with in that organization by phone and/or e-mail. Nothing, no reply. It's like I never existed or I have been hallucinating for the past 5 weeks. This is extremely frustrating, not knowing. Even a simple rejection form letter will do.

From what I have been told they do very thorough background checks on their technicians, I can't imagine it could take this long.

Anyone with insight, please share.

Good luck & God bless!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (98) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

31 months ago

kitty in Kirkland, Washington said: Just keep applying and interviewing. I would prefer to move on to other jobs if i don't hear anything 2 weeks after the job interview.

I agree. Never stop applying - no matter how "great" the interview went.

My sister works for the school district and they had an opening for some kind of part time evening receptionist with benefits. They had over 3,000 applications!!

You don't have to read anything more into it - its a numbers game and you need to keep applying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

DampYankee in Russellville, Kentucky

30 months ago

Well, I am ashamed to admit it but I normally work in HR. I say that I am ashamed since professionalism seems to be a concept that is dying among HR "professionals" who can't be bothered to follow up with candidates after the interview. If you haven't heard anything after 2 weeks post-interview, it's appropriate to contact the HR person via phone or email for a follow-up. You have done everything that you can do in this situation, and it's really rude that the company has not returned your phone calls or emails. At this point, I would start to wonder about them as well. My advice is to continue on the job search; don't wait on just one company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (107) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

CareerChange in San Marcos, California

29 months ago

So I had found a great opportunity to change industries and still stay in the same line of work. I found the job on linkedin.com and I sent one of the VP's I was connected to a message telling him I was interested, I attached my resume and asked him if he could kindly forward to the hiring manager.
A few days later he responded and gave me the direct email to SR. HR. She responded right away and scheduled me an interview that week. It went great and she scheduled me an interview with the manager for that position a week later. The conversation went great and HR contacted me back and scheduled me another interview with the Regional Manager a week later. Well... that was a week ago. I sent everyone a thank you letter the day after I spoke with them and my last contact with HR was a week ago, thanking her for putting together the meetings and letting her know the strong interest I had in the job and the company.
I really really want this job but I am not sure if I should reach out again and ask her if the position is still open? They had asked me when I was able to start and I said I would have to put my two weeks notice in. HR told me they are looking to fill this position right away and the job is still posted.
I really wish I could get an update on whether I got the job or not. I thought all my conversations went fantastic but may be I was wrong?!

Any Advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

29 months ago

Call or email. And then let it go. Meanwhile, continue looking elsewhere. Don't ever sit around hanging on the word of a recruiter, HR person or anyone employed by a prospective employer because the only words that have any meaning from them are these: "We'd like to tender you an offer of employment."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Chicago in Skokie, Illinois

29 months ago

vision1227 in Spring, Texas said: Any HR /Recruiters out there, I could use some help. I interviewed with one of the largest O&G companies about 5 weeks ago. Interview went great. It's been 5 weeks and nothing, I have tried contacting everyone that I had contact with in that organization by phone and/or e-mail. Nothing, no reply. It's like I never existed or I have been hallucinating for the past 5 weeks. This is extremely frustrating, not knowing. Even a simple rejection form letter will do.

From what I have been told they do very thorough background checks on their technicians, I can't imagine it could take this long.

Anyone with insight, please share.

Good luck & God bless!

Dear brother,
I had same experience with a great paving company, the hiring process was very long and slow, phone call interview, two face to face interview and one practice and all went well and after 6 weeks no response and i sent them a follow up message and called them and left a message and no response. finallt i called HR and they told me this position got filled. I felt kind of insulting and like i'm living back in 1963 and need another martin luther. for me i'm not going to leave this issue away i'm going to complaine to EOE coz this is a salvery.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (81) Reply - Report abuse

HealthcareHunter in Bellerose, New York

29 months ago

You are not the only one. It is horrible how HR takes forever and sometimes never get back to potential employees. I interviewed for a Job that I was more than qualified for at a hospital. Bachelors Degree and 3 years experience was the qualification and I have the degree and 5 years experience. After not hearing back from HR, I asked one of the doctors that I work with, to call in a favor from the Chief of Urology at that Hospital to recommend me. I also had a person that works at the hospital and has previously held the position that I interviewed for to recommend me. I also put a long time employee of the hospital as my reference. Then I sent a follow up email and HR said they are still deciding. It has been much more than a Month now and no response. At this point I would be happy with any response, even if it is a negative one. Some of us are deep in dept and need this opportunity to get back on their feet. Hiring Managers and HR personnel need to understand that in this job market, people need to show some consideration for others.

Good luck to everyone on their job hunt.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Chicago in Skokie in Chicago, Illinois

29 months ago

Dear brother,
Good luck to you also. I would say such kind of treatment that there are still some people think that they are living back 1963 and I believe we need another martin luther.
Regards

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (41) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

28 months ago

Bean counter in San Jose, California said: You need to understand, despite the positive feedback received in the interview:
a) there's a great chance that you may not be the final chosen one;
b) HR or the hiring manager will never return the candidates' inquiry -- that's been their practice for decades. One friend told me he called twice to follow up and was contacted by the HR later -- only to be warned not to call the hiring manager and HR any more.

I agree. If you are looking for any kind of common courtesy, job hunting ain't for you.

Give it 30 days and if you haven't heard back (Yes, I know they said they would call) just move on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

ZoeySnap in Orange County, California

28 months ago

I've been on countless interviews in the past year and out of all of them only a few of them actually sent me a rejection letter or email. Like many of you already said, never stop looking, and don't get your hopes up after that "great" interview you just had.

Myself, I had a "great" interview last Tuesday, and I have been invited in again tomorrow to meet with the president for a second interview. I am hopeful, but I know not to get too excited about it. So, here I am online still sending out resumes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bean counter in San Jose, California

28 months ago

Years ago, my brother had 3 interviews with Apple and never heard from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Good thing that my bro is the type who is able to detach emotionally after interviews... no matter how desirable the job or company that is.... I wasn't like that but after many disappointment, I learned to move on immediately....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Deepthi in Greensboro, North Carolina

28 months ago

I cleared all the interviews and the manager said he liked me and wanted me on board ASAP . But he said he needs to take the opinion of the person I would be working with. He told he would get back to me and i did not hear from him in 4 weeks. What should I do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Pressure in Pikesville, Maryland

28 months ago

Rule of thumb. If you they want you, they will call you...typically pretty fast after an interview. Why? Because when it comes to acquiring great talent, time loses all deals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tt in Fairburn, Georgia

28 months ago

I was going for this plant engineering position with a company. I'm a bit over qualified for because I have a degree and the job wants a vocational degree at the most. The first time I applied the system mistakenly thru my resume out. I called the HR office and told them and they did not seem to care. I used a different email and password on the website and applied again. There has need no word for a week now even though the website says it will get back to me shortly. The company has listed the position out two other times on different websites since then. Should I call again??? Job hunting is hard I wake up every morning hoping I will get an email on my applications or hope that someone will call me. I guess if they want you they want you. HR really has to much power and seems to me to be a little bias. You can make judgments on someone because of there name. I think that happens to me sometimes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

vision1227 in Spring, Texas

28 months ago

All I can say is applying via online is a joke. I had applied to over 400 positions and maybe 2 callbacks. At the same time I was enrolled in a certification program through the community college. When my instructors referred my resume to those same exact companies for the same exact positions I was immediately called back and scheduled for interviews. I eventually was offered a position with a company but after much heartache and anticipation. The recruitment process literally took 4 months. My sincere advise for anyone job hunting is get connected in any way possible to someone that can refer you to HR or a hiring manager. That is the only chance anyone has.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Nice job, vision. Congrats.

I do believe you make a great point about knowing someone being the best way (only way?) to get a job. I also agree that applying online, especially when it's job application software, is somewhere between extremely difficult and futile as far as landing a job.

Four months is a long time and was likely very stressful for you, but at least you got a job.

Kudos for coming back to update the board on the resolution.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Joshua07 in Philippines

28 months ago

If that's the case, you should find now a new job. 5 weeks of nothing what did you do, wait until you get hired. There is a lot of job seekers there, maybe they are more aggressive than you when it comes in finding a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Runningoutofmoneyfast in Leeds, United Kingdom

28 months ago

Yes, maybe we 'should just get over it' like some of you have already said, but when you can just about afford nappies for your baby, nursery fees take more money than I have actually left over after my part time job is paid at the end of the month, and I daren't drive anywhere except to and from work, as I can't afford to, remainder of money goes on food shopping.... My part time job has fewer holiday entitlement, so I take a valuable day off for an interview, pay for a babysitter whilst there. Prepare my portfolio and prepare for an interview, that incidentally went great and I didn't put a foot wrong. Times this by 1x interview every other week and the IGNORANT, LAZY HR person doesn't get back to you when THEY promised to do so... Plus they don't reply to your enquiries... Yup, someone isn't doing the job they're paid for and it isn't ME! Maybe they need to hire new HR people who appear not to know what that job entails? I can take a no. You can lick an envelope and a stamp costs 60p, which is far less than the time and effort I've invested in YOUR company! People are struggling at the moment. Your vacancy could be a lifeline to some genuine person out there. Do your duty. Fo what YOU ARE PAID TO DO and put people out of their misery! Thoughtless, blasé and couldn't care less are unprofessional attitudes and reflect on YOU and YOUR COMPANIES, not us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Looks like things are about the same in the UK as in the US.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

28 months ago

Suchi in Laguna Hills, California said: I though she would get back to me but she did not. I tried to contact her several times but could not. So I sent her a mail asking If i was still being considered and ahe again said that the hiring decision ha not been made and told me that they would decide the next day, that is on Thursday morning. Its firday today and still havent heard from her. I dont care if i get the job or not but i guess they should atleats have the courtesy to let the candidate know whats happening. this is so intolerable it just sucks.

Get use to it. Job hunting is just one of those unpleasant aspects to life. It sucks. lol!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Chicago in Skokie, Illinois

28 months ago

It sucks my friend. There should be laws against HR or we need to Protest infront of EOE offices. HR jsut hire their friends or anyone but he/she is referred by someone. No fair at all, No one care about your qualifications, skills just find network and connection you will get the job even if you are not qualify for it and I have over 15 facts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Hope you didn't stop your daily job search routine all this time.... Over the years, I noticed those experienced HR reps and even the hiring managers do not give out any timeline to the candidates and I prefer that... I used to ask about that and it does not do any good at the end. Plus, I've heard some HR and hiring managers over the years that they really do not like the follow-up calls from candidates. Common sense tells me if they want you, they'll call you with an offer. I've experienced enough disappointment that I learned to move on even when I received encouraging feedbacks ... Once a Netflex manager actually asked for my references at the end of the interview, I provided to her immediately... but at the end, someone else was hired.

The HR does not sound experienced or professional in her way of handling your case.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

27 months ago

Bean counter in San Jose, California said: Would you hire anyone who's not qualified therefore making you look bad? I'm sure there're exceptions but in most cases, employers hire qualified workers and at the same time, someone whom they feel most comfortable with. Bottom line: likeability with the right skillsets.

Think about it. When Obama picks his cabinet, he doesn't run an ad in the paper and give them all a typing test. He knows those people or knows of them.

Business runs the same way now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Chicago in Skokie in Chicago, Illinois

27 months ago

If so, Why employers are wasting our time and making fun of us by advertising job if they already know who is going to fill it?.
This is an injustice..........and Unfair.
If you qoute a contract $100,000 and someone else put $90,000 but because the owner knows you, he prefered to use your price is that fair? unfortunately it is legal but it is unethical.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

27 months ago

Chicago in Skokie in Chicago, Illinois said: This is an injustice..........and Unfair.
If you qoute a contract $100,000 and someone else put $90,000 but because the owner knows you, he prefered to use your price is that fair? unfortunately it is legal but it is unethical.

Heh! It was just as unfair back when you had that good job too but it was still going on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Jülich, Germany

27 months ago

Guys its encouraging that I'm not alone in this crap. Applied to over 70 companies here in Germany (many of them with the tedious Online Application Software) and got a grand total of 1 callback. And this isn't even for a job, it's for a 3 month Internship (which I'd gladly do for free since experience is all that I need), but most of them just sent me the stock rejection letter.

The sole interview went great, we even discussed my role in the 3 months of the internship and what I'd be doing. At the end, they even said they hope to see me back here soon and said they'd give a positive report back to their manager. That's the last I heard from them.

This was almost 22 days ago and still no reply. I sent them an email politely asking if they had arrived at a decision a week ago, but not even an acknowledgement. If they don't want me, why don't they just send me an email saying so?? After being scarred from rejection 69 times, one more won't kill me (though potential unemployment due to my 0 experience so far might definitely do so).

Really discouraging and demotivating. What's the point of online application when all they do is hire through referrals? I mean, why the facade when they could have that as a standalone system?

For the record, I'm a young Master's student who's got 0 experience. So I feel your pain, OP. But I'm glad you finally ended up with a job and I my situation improves soon, just like yours did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

27 months ago

guest in San Francisco, California said: I take it as a given that I am not getting an answer back. After an interview then I send a polite thank you email. Then I move on to the next job application.

After an interview and after they tell me that "they have a few more candidates to interview", I go home and apply for 5 more jobs.

I don't bother with the "polite thank you" anymore. I figure they get enough of them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

27 months ago

guest in San Francisco, California said: The job market is so bad that if an employer needs to hire someone then they just ask a current employee for a referral.

At my last employer, every job remained "in-house" for 30 days. Since a referral could net you $100.00, usually somebody knew someone who needed a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Jülich, Germany

27 months ago

guest in San Francisco, California said: With your English skills can you find a German company with a strong US presence ?? What was your major ?? If you are a computer science graduate then maybe a small company is your best bet. Unfortunately with a dismal job market the only way to get a job is through a referral.

Ironically, the firm which called me for the interview and who haven't contacted me yet are one with a very strong US and Asia presence.

I'm majoring in Energy Systems with a focus on Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy. Had an option to major in Automotive Engineering from the supposedly best university in Germany (RWTH), but I turned it down for my interest in Energy.

Seems like a terrible career move, in hindsight, since all the students in that particular course have secured 6 month long internships from scarily huge firms like BMW, Volkswagen, Mercedes, etc. The terrible part is, my German isn't bad too. I've done up till the B1 level and can speak fairly well. Oh well.

Referrals are the bane of a independent and contact-less job hunter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

eternal optimist in Northampton, United Kingdom

27 months ago

Having read all the comments it's reassuring that I'm not alone! I have had around 12 interviews with around 8 global leading IT companies over the past few months. It amazes me that despite their high profile in the industry it employs people that are inexperienced in recruitment, unprofessional,incompetent or simple don't care! Leading software company - 2 interviews no feedback on why I wasn't successful. Software security company - 3 interviews short listed to last 3 then told they are going to re-write the job spec and interview new candidates! IT Supplier - verbal offer, then said they have a headcount freeze! But chin up and keep going, the right company just hasn't found us yet!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nick in Somerville, Massachusetts

27 months ago

In almost every case, the following is true:

1. Each opening produces hundreds of applicants, many of whom are qualified.
2. Most HR departments are woefully unequipped to deal with the volume of applicants received.

This is why you run into HRs who act like they're going through PTSD, because they might be. After weeks and months of interviewing people, getting hounded with follow up calls, getting hounded by their boss to hire somebody, fire somebody else, hit performance goals...it's a wonder that half of them don't turn into drooling psychopaths.

I know most of us don't have much sympathy for people who don't return our calls and lie to us. But considering that I bet many of them have run into things like threats (implicit or implied), offers of "favors" for a position, applicants who clearly didn't qualify from day 1, as well as the existing office politics...well, it's not a job I'd want!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

You know how I knew recently that something has to change in my life? I was watching "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and thought to myself, "that wouldn't be so bad...food and shelter, basketball and card games...sure the music sucks and I can't watch any baseball, but at least I wouldn't have to worry about going into debt and sleeping on the sidewalk."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

I have no empathy for them. I couldn't care less. They've rejected a perfectly good candidate with experience and skill. They've f'd up. Let them stew in it and own it. Just desserts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Poughkeepsie, New York

27 months ago

I also have absolutely no sympathy for Human Resource people.

I can't recall while employed at any job I've held liking any of them.

They treat applicants poorly and current employees even worse. Some people might believe it's the other way around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

I'm not defending them, I'm explaining their psyche. It's very much like shell shock. After you've seen so many terrible things, it doesn't phase you anymore. Likewise, once you've lied to 100 people, fired others who had families to support sometimes for a crap reason, been stalked by one too many applicants...anyone would start shutting down. I have no idea why people actually WANT to be a HR rep. Noooo thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

27 months ago

Nick in Somerville, Massachusetts said: I have no idea why people actually WANT to be a HR rep. Noooo thank you.

HR gets the bad rap but only because that is the only visible portion of the company that we, as applicants see.

In truth, HR is just where the s**t stops. It actually starts much higher up on the food chain. We have had HR reps speak in my network group and they say, "We didn't send the jobs overseas and we didn't decide on massive CEO salaries. We don't make the rules but we have to follow them".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Poughkeepsie, New York

27 months ago

Nurse Ratched wasn't that bad looking.

I'd hit on her.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jobseeker24 in Boston, Massachusetts

26 months ago

I am pretty much in the same boat as you. I was told I hear on Monday, that passed, emailed Weds, got an immediate response that a decision would be done by Friday. Got no response on Friday or Monday. That Monday I just sent an email reaffirming my interest and that I appreciate all their time and resources to meet with me. Did not get a reply back which I expected cause I didn't ask if a decision was made again. They know who I am, what I want, so I just kept it friendly. If they call, they call, if not then that really really truly sucks! But I still got hope for the next few days this week. Right now still applying and keeping busy at work. Don't get bogged down thinking about it, I know its hard! I'm there with you. Just keep your head up and know that there are definitely better jobs out there. Jobs you haven't run across yet cause you stopped searching since you locked this one down or so you think. Keep applying, keep interviewing, it only makes you a better interviewee in the long run. Good luck my friend! And good luck to us all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Really people, only follow up once. Any follow up after that (I think) severely reduces your chances of being hired, assuming you had chances at all.

I've never heard of a story where the candidate emailed, and called, and sent thank you cards, and generally got in their face about it.....and got the job. A thank you email perhaps, the day after your interview. Then a follow up a week or two after your interview. That's it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jeff2020 in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

26 months ago

I am on the fence about pestering HR about the status of a position even after some very promising phone interviews and in person interviews. It's been since July 2nd since I had my final in person interview with a big company and as all can see, I am STILL waiting for news good or bad. I have contemplated MANY times sending an email but decide against it. I am so fed up of chasing down HR. The lesson learned from this situation and others I have had: don't put your eggs in one basket. Even after the in person interview I had a few weeks ago, I was applying to other jobs the next day and still am. I just don't understand the logic behind HR and why they can't send a simple yay or nay email to the final candidates weeks after the interview to let them know what is going on?! sorry for the rant folks but I am certain I am NOT the only one who feels this way :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

What HR logic? Once the hiring manager decided on a finalist. HR just cut off all contact with the rejected candidates.

For some reason, HR tend to attract staffs lacking in the professionalism and integrity department.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Jeffersonville, New York

26 months ago

Your ranting to us because you have knots in your stomach right now and are feeling a lot of anxiety with this specific job and company. It's normal. You would like a conclusion to this. It's like watching a tv movie and during the last 10 minutes of the movie the electricity goes out.

Your girlfriend is tired of hearing you walking around the tent and talking about what could HR be doing. Am I right? And so, you've probably then have tried talking to the dog. But, hey it's a dog.

Has the job been reposted? Last time you mentioned that it was taken down.

Jeff,

I tell you what, call them this Friday. Ok? Personally, I wouldn't. But, your driving yourself INSANE and me too. So call first thing Friday. I'm giving you permission to call so CALL.

By the way, what kind of job is it again?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Do not call! Move on!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Don't listen to Bean Boy.

Call Jeff. Call.
(Run Forest, Run.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Nick, you just contradicted yourself. You said to follow-up once. Then, you said to follow-up twice.

I think two follow-up communications are fine. I don't think following up more than once is going to reduce your chances of being hired. Doesn't it show initiative?

I mean, really:

Don't show initiative, you don't get the job

Show too much initiative, you don't get the job

Have too much experience, you don't get the job

Not enough experience, you don't get the job

Make too much money in the past, you don't get the job

Make too little money in the past, well then you never showed initiative so you don't get the job.

Everything that makes a candidate a positive can also be looked at as detracting from their attractiveness. You basically have to be perfect and slip through a tiny little narrow crevice to get in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois said: Nick, you just contradicted yourself. You said to follow-up once. Then, you said to follow-up twice.

I think two follow-up communications are fine. I don't think following up more than once is going to reduce your chances of being hired. Doesn't it show initiative?

I mean, really:

Don't show initiative, you don't get the job

Show too much initiative, you don't get the job

Have too much experience, you don't get the job

Not enough experience, you don't get the job

Make too much money in the past, you don't get the job

Make too little money in the past, well then you never showed initiative so you don't get the job.

Everything that makes a candidate a positive can also be looked at as detracting from their attractiveness. You basically have to be perfect and slip through a tiny little narrow crevice to get in.

And, I think it's the same kind of silly thinking everywhere in the country. From Miami, to New York, out in Chicago, up to South Dakota, down to Texas, out to the west coast in Kalifornia.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois said: Nick, you just contradicted yourself. You said to follow-up once. Then, you said to follow-up twice.

I saw that too, but was too lazy to fix it ;) I knew that the good people of the internets would be quick to find it, and I realized that as I'm not running for public office or trying to win over a date, I didn't care if they did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Luke, you've switched off your targeting computer, what's wrong?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Nick in Somerville, Massachusetts said:

I saw that too, but was too lazy to fix it ;) I knew that the good people of the internets would be quick to find it, and I realized that as I'm not running for public office or trying to win over a date, I didn't care if they did.

Send yourself to Indeed jail for one week's time for that one, son.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.