No response, 5 weeks after interview- HR professionals please HELP!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 221)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

vision1227 in Spring, Texas

67 months ago

Any HR/Recruiters out there, I could use some help. I interviewed with one of the largest O&G companies about 5 weeks ago. Interview went great. It's been 5 weeks and nothing, I have tried contacting everyone that I had contact with in that organization by phone and/or e-mail. Nothing, no reply. It's like I never existed or I have been hallucinating for the past 5 weeks. This is extremely frustrating, not knowing. Even a simple rejection form letter will do.

From what I have been told they do very thorough background checks on their technicians, I can't imagine it could take this long.

Anyone with insight, please share.

Good luck & God bless!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

CareerChange in San Marcos, California

66 months ago

So I had found a great opportunity to change industries and still stay in the same line of work. I found the job on linkedin.com and I sent one of the VP's I was connected to a message telling him I was interested, I attached my resume and asked him if he could kindly forward to the hiring manager.
A few days later he responded and gave me the direct email to SR. HR. She responded right away and scheduled me an interview that week. It went great and she scheduled me an interview with the manager for that position a week later. The conversation went great and HR contacted me back and scheduled me another interview with the Regional Manager a week later. Well... that was a week ago. I sent everyone a thank you letter the day after I spoke with them and my last contact with HR was a week ago, thanking her for putting together the meetings and letting her know the strong interest I had in the job and the company.
I really really want this job but I am not sure if I should reach out again and ask her if the position is still open? They had asked me when I was able to start and I said I would have to put my two weeks notice in. HR told me they are looking to fill this position right away and the job is still posted.
I really wish I could get an update on whether I got the job or not. I thought all my conversations went fantastic but may be I was wrong?!

Any Advice?

Reply - Report abuse

Chicago in Skokie, Illinois

65 months ago

vision1227 in Spring, Texas said: Any HR /Recruiters out there, I could use some help. I interviewed with one of the largest O&G companies about 5 weeks ago. Interview went great. It's been 5 weeks and nothing, I have tried contacting everyone that I had contact with in that organization by phone and/or e-mail. Nothing, no reply. It's like I never existed or I have been hallucinating for the past 5 weeks. This is extremely frustrating, not knowing. Even a simple rejection form letter will do.

From what I have been told they do very thorough background checks on their technicians, I can't imagine it could take this long.

Anyone with insight, please share.

Good luck & God bless!

Dear brother,
I had same experience with a great paving company, the hiring process was very long and slow, phone call interview, two face to face interview and one practice and all went well and after 6 weeks no response and i sent them a follow up message and called them and left a message and no response. finallt i called HR and they told me this position got filled. I felt kind of insulting and like i'm living back in 1963 and need another martin luther. for me i'm not going to leave this issue away i'm going to complaine to EOE coz this is a salvery.

Reply - Report abuse

Chicago in Skokie in Chicago, Illinois

65 months ago

Dear brother,
Good luck to you also. I would say such kind of treatment that there are still some people think that they are living back 1963 and I believe we need another martin luther.
Regards

Reply - Report abuse

Joshua07 in Philippines

64 months ago

If that's the case, you should find now a new job. 5 weeks of nothing what did you do, wait until you get hired. There is a lot of job seekers there, maybe they are more aggressive than you when it comes in finding a job.

Reply - Report abuse

Runningoutofmoneyfast in Leeds, United Kingdom

64 months ago

Yes, maybe we 'should just get over it' like some of you have already said, but when you can just about afford nappies for your baby, nursery fees take more money than I have actually left over after my part time job is paid at the end of the month, and I daren't drive anywhere except to and from work, as I can't afford to, remainder of money goes on food shopping.... My part time job has fewer holiday entitlement, so I take a valuable day off for an interview, pay for a babysitter whilst there. Prepare my portfolio and prepare for an interview, that incidentally went great and I didn't put a foot wrong. Times this by 1x interview every other week and the IGNORANT, LAZY HR person doesn't get back to you when THEY promised to do so... Plus they don't reply to your enquiries... Yup, someone isn't doing the job they're paid for and it isn't ME! Maybe they need to hire new HR people who appear not to know what that job entails? I can take a no. You can lick an envelope and a stamp costs 60p, which is far less than the time and effort I've invested in YOUR company! People are struggling at the moment. Your vacancy could be a lifeline to some genuine person out there. Do your duty. Fo what YOU ARE PAID TO DO and put people out of their misery! Thoughtless, blasé and couldn't care less are unprofessional attitudes and reflect on YOU and YOUR COMPANIES, not us.

Reply - Report abuse

Chicago in Skokie, Illinois

64 months ago

It sucks my friend. There should be laws against HR or we need to Protest infront of EOE offices. HR jsut hire their friends or anyone but he/she is referred by someone. No fair at all, No one care about your qualifications, skills just find network and connection you will get the job even if you are not qualify for it and I have over 15 facts.

Reply - Report abuse

Nick in Somerville, Massachusetts

64 months ago

In almost every case, the following is true:

1. Each opening produces hundreds of applicants, many of whom are qualified.
2. Most HR departments are woefully unequipped to deal with the volume of applicants received.

This is why you run into HRs who act like they're going through PTSD, because they might be. After weeks and months of interviewing people, getting hounded with follow up calls, getting hounded by their boss to hire somebody, fire somebody else, hit performance goals...it's a wonder that half of them don't turn into drooling psychopaths.

I know most of us don't have much sympathy for people who don't return our calls and lie to us. But considering that I bet many of them have run into things like threats (implicit or implied), offers of "favors" for a position, applicants who clearly didn't qualify from day 1, as well as the existing office politics...well, it's not a job I'd want!

Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

You know how I knew recently that something has to change in my life? I was watching "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and thought to myself, "that wouldn't be so bad...food and shelter, basketball and card games...sure the music sucks and I can't watch any baseball, but at least I wouldn't have to worry about going into debt and sleeping on the sidewalk."

Reply - Report abuse

parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

64 months ago

I have no empathy for them. I couldn't care less. They've rejected a perfectly good candidate with experience and skill. They've f'd up. Let them stew in it and own it. Just desserts.

Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

I'm not defending them, I'm explaining their psyche. It's very much like shell shock. After you've seen so many terrible things, it doesn't phase you anymore. Likewise, once you've lied to 100 people, fired others who had families to support sometimes for a crap reason, been stalked by one too many applicants...anyone would start shutting down. I have no idea why people actually WANT to be a HR rep. Noooo thank you.

Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

64 months ago

Nick in Somerville, Massachusetts said: I have no idea why people actually WANT to be a HR rep. Noooo thank you.

HR gets the bad rap but only because that is the only visible portion of the company that we, as applicants see.

In truth, HR is just where the s**t stops. It actually starts much higher up on the food chain. We have had HR reps speak in my network group and they say, "We didn't send the jobs overseas and we didn't decide on massive CEO salaries. We don't make the rules but we have to follow them".

Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Poughkeepsie, New York

64 months ago

Nurse Ratched wasn't that bad looking.

I'd hit on her.

Reply - Report abuse

Jobseeker24 in Boston, Massachusetts

62 months ago

I am pretty much in the same boat as you. I was told I hear on Monday, that passed, emailed Weds, got an immediate response that a decision would be done by Friday. Got no response on Friday or Monday. That Monday I just sent an email reaffirming my interest and that I appreciate all their time and resources to meet with me. Did not get a reply back which I expected cause I didn't ask if a decision was made again. They know who I am, what I want, so I just kept it friendly. If they call, they call, if not then that really really truly sucks! But I still got hope for the next few days this week. Right now still applying and keeping busy at work. Don't get bogged down thinking about it, I know its hard! I'm there with you. Just keep your head up and know that there are definitely better jobs out there. Jobs you haven't run across yet cause you stopped searching since you locked this one down or so you think. Keep applying, keep interviewing, it only makes you a better interviewee in the long run. Good luck my friend! And good luck to us all!

Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Really people, only follow up once. Any follow up after that (I think) severely reduces your chances of being hired, assuming you had chances at all.

I've never heard of a story where the candidate emailed, and called, and sent thank you cards, and generally got in their face about it.....and got the job. A thank you email perhaps, the day after your interview. Then a follow up a week or two after your interview. That's it.

Reply - Report abuse

jeff2020 in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

62 months ago

I am on the fence about pestering HR about the status of a position even after some very promising phone interviews and in person interviews. It's been since July 2nd since I had my final in person interview with a big company and as all can see, I am STILL waiting for news good or bad. I have contemplated MANY times sending an email but decide against it. I am so fed up of chasing down HR. The lesson learned from this situation and others I have had: don't put your eggs in one basket. Even after the in person interview I had a few weeks ago, I was applying to other jobs the next day and still am. I just don't understand the logic behind HR and why they can't send a simple yay or nay email to the final candidates weeks after the interview to let them know what is going on?! sorry for the rant folks but I am certain I am NOT the only one who feels this way :)

Reply - Report abuse

Bean counter in San Jose, California

62 months ago

What HR logic? Once the hiring manager decided on a finalist. HR just cut off all contact with the rejected candidates.

For some reason, HR tend to attract staffs lacking in the professionalism and integrity department.

Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Jeffersonville, New York

62 months ago

Your ranting to us because you have knots in your stomach right now and are feeling a lot of anxiety with this specific job and company. It's normal. You would like a conclusion to this. It's like watching a tv movie and during the last 10 minutes of the movie the electricity goes out.

Your girlfriend is tired of hearing you walking around the tent and talking about what could HR be doing. Am I right? And so, you've probably then have tried talking to the dog. But, hey it's a dog.

Has the job been reposted? Last time you mentioned that it was taken down.

Jeff,

I tell you what, call them this Friday. Ok? Personally, I wouldn't. But, your driving yourself INSANE and me too. So call first thing Friday. I'm giving you permission to call so CALL.

By the way, what kind of job is it again?

Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Do not call! Move on!

Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Don't listen to Bean Boy.

Call Jeff. Call.
(Run Forest, Run.)

Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Nick, you just contradicted yourself. You said to follow-up once. Then, you said to follow-up twice.

I think two follow-up communications are fine. I don't think following up more than once is going to reduce your chances of being hired. Doesn't it show initiative?

I mean, really:

Don't show initiative, you don't get the job

Show too much initiative, you don't get the job

Have too much experience, you don't get the job

Not enough experience, you don't get the job

Make too much money in the past, you don't get the job

Make too little money in the past, well then you never showed initiative so you don't get the job.

Everything that makes a candidate a positive can also be looked at as detracting from their attractiveness. You basically have to be perfect and slip through a tiny little narrow crevice to get in.

Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois said: Nick, you just contradicted yourself. You said to follow-up once. Then, you said to follow-up twice.

I think two follow-up communications are fine. I don't think following up more than once is going to reduce your chances of being hired. Doesn't it show initiative?

I mean, really:

Don't show initiative, you don't get the job

Show too much initiative, you don't get the job

Have too much experience, you don't get the job

Not enough experience, you don't get the job

Make too much money in the past, you don't get the job

Make too little money in the past, well then you never showed initiative so you don't get the job.

Everything that makes a candidate a positive can also be looked at as detracting from their attractiveness. You basically have to be perfect and slip through a tiny little narrow crevice to get in.

And, I think it's the same kind of silly thinking everywhere in the country. From Miami, to New York, out in Chicago, up to South Dakota, down to Texas, out to the west coast in Kalifornia.

Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois said: Nick, you just contradicted yourself. You said to follow-up once. Then, you said to follow-up twice.

I saw that too, but was too lazy to fix it ;) I knew that the good people of the internets would be quick to find it, and I realized that as I'm not running for public office or trying to win over a date, I didn't care if they did.

Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Luke, you've switched off your targeting computer, what's wrong?

Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Nick in Somerville, Massachusetts said:

I saw that too, but was too lazy to fix it ;) I knew that the good people of the internets would be quick to find it, and I realized that as I'm not running for public office or trying to win over a date, I didn't care if they did.

Send yourself to Indeed jail for one week's time for that one, son.

Reply - Report abuse

Investor Guy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

After having been in this game almost a year now I agree a single Thank You letter is enough. I know the anxiety and uncertainty well, but somewhere in your heart you know repeated follow-ups is a mistake and is more for your own sanity than to influence their hiring. It is terrible how companies treat the non chosen candidates like pervy stalkers and cut off all contact but that is what they do. My new policy is one thank you letter then devote all my time to looking for more jobs.

Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Joe Gagill in Jeffersonville, New York said: Your ranting to us because you have knots in your stomach right now and are feeling a lot of anxiety with this specific job and company. It's normal. You would like a conclusion to this. It's like watching a tv movie and during the last 10 minutes of the movie the electricity goes out.

Your girlfriend is tired of hearing you walking around the tent and talking about what could HR be doing. Am I right? And so, you've probably then have tried talking to the dog. But, hey it's a dog.

Has the job been reposted? Last time you mentioned that it was taken down.

Jeff,

I tell you what, call them this Friday. Ok? Personally, I wouldn't. But, your driving yourself INSANE and me too. So call first thing Friday. I'm giving you permission to call so CALL.

By the way, what kind of job is it again?

Okay, I had an epiphany. I firmly decided NOT to email or call them. I have officially or at least trying to forget about them entirely. I decided whatever happens and happens so as of now, I have moved on :)
P.S. my girlfriend doesnt hear about it and my dog loves it when I talk to him. speaking of which, I am taking him to the beach for some fun in the sun :) have a great day everyone, and learn from my lesson: don't obsess about what HR does or does not do. keep applying elsewhere and just hope for the best :)

Reply - Report abuse

skinsfan1987 in Mclean, Virginia

62 months ago

I have been looking for work in the Washington D.C. area for a year now, and so far, I haven't found anything yet despite having several in-person interviews.

For example, Back in December 2011, I had a verbal job offer from CGI Federal in Alexandria for a Jr. technical writer position, but the offer letter never came because the job they offered me was going to last 3 months. CGI's contract with their federal govt client expired in March 2012. The position itself was located at the client site. The recruiter told me that will send me a offer letter when they find me another project, but the project never came through at CGI, and the offer letter never arrived. Therefore, I was laid off before I can even start the new job.

3 months later, I had three interviews with major government contractors and I got rejected by all of them. Two of those contractors decided to cancel the technical writer and business analyst position that I interviewed for because of contract issues. Another company based in Tysons Corner, decided to cancel the solutions writer position because they lost their hiring manager to another company. Therefore, they had to restructure their entire staff and freeze their hiring process.

Given these experiences, and the rejections I keep getting from my previous interviews, that's the reason why my job search is at it's lowest point ever. There has been at times that I feel like my entire job search itself is cursed in every level, and it has nearly put my own self-confidence and self-beliefs on edge.

Therefore, do you folks have any suggestions on how should I approach my career search? Because right now, I'm nearly out of options.

Reply - Report abuse

Frankie in San Jose, California

62 months ago

Just keep applying .. private corporation, government, register with all the staffing agencies. This job market is horrendous, it's like no other... you just have to keep going at it... there's no other way.

Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

frankie is right. just keep applying, never lose faith. I have been in your situation plenty of times. here's an example. A month ago, I had my final in person interview with the president. he had narrowed down the search to me and another candidate. Well one month later and I haven't heard a word. I finally got fed up and decided to email him last week asking him if the position is still open (which i'm 95% certain it is becuase it's still on their job board). He never even took the 30 seconds to email me back to let me know which I find so rude and inconsiderate. So after all this, it's natural to want to lose faith especially when unemployment is at 8.3% but it's summer and everyone takes vacation in August so be patient until September and there will be more openings. good luck everyone, keep your heads up

Reply - Report abuse

Frankie in San Jose, California

62 months ago

The 8.3% unemployment is a joke! I always use the official number times 2 -- and I still think doubling the rate is conservative...

Why bother to contact those unprofessional, heartless hiring managers for status?

Sometimes a job's filled but still on job board because HR did not remove it in a timely manner, I noticed that with my former employers since I knew the new hire's already on board. And if the new hire updated his/her profile in Linkedin, you can easily find that out by looking up Linkedin -- by typing in the title and company on the 'search'.

Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

62 months ago

Frankie in San Jose, California said: The 8.3% unemployment is a joke! I always use the official number times 2 -- and I still think doubling the rate is conservative...

Why bother to contact those unprofessional, heartless hiring managers for status?

Sometimes a job's filled but still on job board because HR did not remove it in a timely manner, I noticed that with my former employers since I knew the new hire's already on board. And if the new hire updated his/her profile in Linkedin, you can easily find that out by looking up Linkedin -- by typing in the title and company on the 'search'.

8.3% you say? Oh, that's right - its an election year. LOL!

Reply - Report abuse

John in Catonsville, Maryland

62 months ago

These days, pounding the pavement isn't going to accomplish anything. 98% of companies will just tell you that their jobs are posted online, go there and apply...

Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

If you're in the retail and restaurant field, yes, pound the pavement.

"I would avoid the staffing agencies because they have no jobs and just give you the runaround." - Guest

Not true. Companies hire staffing agencies for temp, temp-to-hire help and many apparently don't mind paying external recruiting fees for permanent full-time positions. See RHI (last paragraph below) ".......an increase in permanent placement and conversion from temp-to-hire."

It sickens me to see RHI's multi-billion-dollar revenue and high profit margin -- at the expense of lowballing its contractors big time!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Robert Half Earnings

Robert Half International Inc. (RHI), a leading global staffing and risk consulting services provider’s second quarter 2012 earnings went up 28% to 32 cents a share from 25 cents a share reported in the year-earlier quarter. The results included 6 cents per share, related to a nonrecurring litigation settlement and the resolution of certain tax matters.

The results were driven by top-line growth and continued demand for skilled workforce and consulting services. Earnings per share, however, missed the Zacks Consensus Estimate of 35 cents.

Quarter in Detail
During the quarter, Robert Half's total revenue increased 9.6% to $1.03 billion compared with $938.0 million in the year-ago period on the back of a 17.0% increase in demand of specialized staffing and consulting services, particularly in U.S. staffing operations. The results marginally missed the Zacks Consensus Revenue Estimate of $1.04 billion.

Gross profit was $415.3 million in the reported quarter, which climbed 11.5% year over year Gross margin expanded 70 basis points to 40.4% in the second quarter of 2012 as against 39.7% in the prior-year quarter on the back of an increase in permanent placement and conversion from temp-to-hire.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

62 months ago

John in Catonsville, Maryland said: These days, pounding the pavement isn't going to accomplish anything. 98% of companies will just tell you that their jobs are posted online, go there and apply...

Yet the EDD says only spend 50% of your time online because the competition is tremendous and the job requirements are too strict.

Reply - Report abuse

John in Catonsville, Maryland

62 months ago

So what does the EDD suggest? As Beancounter said, retail and restaurants can be done in person (I haven't tried those venues myself since I have No desire for that type of job).

There was one local company I actually drove to and dropped off my resume. The secretary thanked me and promptly turned around and put my resume in a filing cabinet filled with resumes...

So how does one get past the "secretary police"? I would not expect managers to have time to just drop everything and take a look at one has to offer either.

Reply - Report abuse

Mech-Phree in Chicago, Illinois

62 months ago

I interviewed for a environmental field tech position at Safety Kleen. Interview went well, I had the qualifications and I felt me and the manager there had good chemistry. He said he would let me know two days later his decision and I never heard back from them. I sent a email out to the guy who set up the initial interview, then tried emailing him back and still nothing. I didn't even get a email stating I wasn't chosen or anything.

Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

62 months ago

John in Catonsville, Maryland said: So what does the EDD suggest? As Beancounter said, retail and restaurants can be done in person (I haven't tried those venues myself since I have No desire for that type of job).

There was one local company I actually drove to and dropped off my resume. The secretary thanked me and promptly turned around and put my resume in a filing cabinet filled with resumes...

So how does one get past the "secretary police"? I would not expect managers to have time to just drop everything and take a look at one has to offer either.

The EDD suggests that you be related to a Congressman or a CEO. Next in line?

My niece who is a medical assitant tells a funny story. A girl who wanted to be hired by a hospital tried several times and failed for whatever reason.

Daddy gets involved. He didn't click the Career link. He clicked on that "How You Can Help?" link. Guess he made a sizable donation and she started a week later. Nice yeah?

Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

62 months ago

guest in San Francisco, California said: Sorry

Actually it is true. The rates have dropped so much that you are likely to only make minimum wage going through a staffing agency. I won't even waste my time with Robert Half.

Robert Half and all of its avatars are the worst.

Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

62 months ago

jeff2020 in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina said: frankie is right. just keep applying, never lose faith. I have been in your situation plenty of times. here's an example. A month ago, I had my final in person interview with the president. he had narrowed down the search to me and another candidate. Well one month later and I haven't heard a word. I finally got fed up and decided to email him last week asking him if the position is still open (which i'm 95% certain it is becuase it's still on their job board). He never even took the 30 seconds to email me back to let me know which I find so rude and inconsiderate. So after all this, it's natural to want to lose faith especially when unemployment is at 8.3% but it's summer and everyone takes vacation in August so be patient until September and there will be more openings. good luck everyone, keep your heads up

Move on Cowboy, move on. This is like an old flame that you can't get over. Move on Cowboy, move on. There will be others.

(Go on Linkedln to see if the job was filled.)

Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

skinsfan1987 in Mclean, Virginia said: I have been looking for work in the Washington D.C. area for a year now, and so far, I haven't found anything yet despite having several in-person interviews.

For example, Back in December 2011, I had a verbal job offer from CGI Federal in Alexandria for a Jr. technical writer position, but the offer letter never came because the job they offered me was going to last 3 months. CGI's contract with their federal govt client expired in March 2012. The position itself was located at the client site. The recruiter told me that will send me a offer letter when they find me another project, but the project never came through at CGI, and the offer letter never arrived. Therefore, I was laid off before I can even start the new job.

3 months later, I had three interviews with major government contractors and I got rejected by all of them. Two of those contractors decided to cancel the technical writer and business analyst position that I interviewed for because of contract issues. Another company based in Tysons Corner, decided to cancel the solutions writer position because they lost their hiring manager to another company. Therefore, they had to restructure their entire staff and freeze their hiring process.

Given these experiences, and the rejections I keep getting from my previous interviews, that's the reason why my job search is at it's lowest point ever. There has been at times that I feel like my entire job search itself is cursed in every level, and it has nearly put my own self-confidence and self-beliefs on edge.

Therefore, do you folks have any suggestions on how should I approach my career search? Because right now, I'm nearly out of options.

By any chance....you ever watch Breaking Bad?

Reply - Report abuse

skinsfan1987 in Fairfax, Virginia

62 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: By any chance....you ever watch Breaking Bad?

No, I haven't watched that show at all.

Reply - Report abuse

Fellow Job Seeker in Memphis, Tennessee

62 months ago

AMEN. I understand that the HR folks have a lot of applicants, but COME ON. You are asked to put SO much thought and time and energy into a resume and a cover letter then filling out the endless online applications. Not that HR people necessarily owe applicants anything, but really, it's just rude. Real people with real families and real bills and mortgages are depending on these jobs. Just call us back and AT LEAST tell us when you've already picked someone else.

I should start my own staffing company and treat applicants as we should be treated - with respect and consideration.

Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Fellow Job Seeker in Memphis, Tennessee said: AMEN. I understand that the HR folks have a lot of applicants, but COME ON. You are asked to put SO much thought and time and energy into a resume and a cover letter then filling out the endless online applications. Not that HR people necessarily owe applicants anything, but really, it's just rude. Real people with real families and real bills and mortgages are depending on these jobs. Just call us back and AT LEAST tell us when you've already picked someone else.

I should start my own staffing company and treat applicants as we should be treated - with respect and consideration.

Slash their tires, that works for me in working the frustration out. New Yorkers don't get ulcers....we give em.

I wish you the best, it's not easy for anyone at any age.

Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

I thought I'd do a nice deed since I'm bored out of my freaking mind applying all day long to jobs... I thought I'd offer to foster some dogs. The lady emails me back and says, "Sure, just go to our website and fill out our foster application." LMAO I don't know why I found this so hilarious, but I can't stop laughing. Job searching fatigue. LIKE REALLY??? How many more applications can I POSSIBLY fill out??!! Feels like I've filled out so many online applications that my name and info should be on every single webpage EVER.

Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: Slash their tires, that works for me in working the frustration out. New Yorkers don't get ulcers....we give em.

I wish you the best, it's not easy for anyone at any age.

Lol I would but I've learned the oh-so hard way not to burn bridges.

Thanks for the best wishes. Good luck to you too.

I guess I'm just venting, but after searching for about a year for a job (I have a masters in neuroscience) and after hundreds of applications, a few interviews, but no offers...... it's amazing just how //irrelevant// you can feel. I've been through a lot of sad things... a miscarriage, my mother being ill and in severe pain for the past 20 years, depression, my dog dying, etc etc.... but nothing quite compares to the basic, horrible, nightmare of feeling just plain irrelevant. I think it trumps it all.

Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Looking for a job is so much harder than actually having one.

I think it's the "mentally exhausting part" that makes it tough.

Yeah, that's funny......filling out apps all day then you want a rest and at the same time do some good and they direct you to an online app. LOL!

Tell it to the dogs when you see them. I'm sure they will get a kick out of it.

Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

What kind of job were are you hoping to get???

Reply - Report abuse

Nick in Seymour, Connecticut

62 months ago

I dont understand why people get so emotional and personal with HR people. They arent obligated to contact you and tell you you were not hired. The only obligation they have is to call the applicant the decision makers chose as their candidate, and deal with them going through the process of getting hired.

Why would you stop applying for jobs anyways until you get an offer, so what difference does it make if they contact you to tell you they went with someone else?

Wouldnt you rather have 2 jobs offers at the same time? I know the one time I had 2 companies vying for my services back in 1994.....I went from my previous employer working for $10.50 an hour to 2 companies in a bidding war for me and eventually getting hired at $22 an hour, and then a raise to $26 an hour in one year.

I know its a tough economy, but it can still happen. You have nothing to lose by continuing to apply for other jobs, so again... who cares if you never get a response back from a company?

Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Well at this point I'm just hoping for something where I won't have to show my nether regions!! lol No, actually my ideal job would be at a pharmaceutical company working on receptor trafficking in and out of the neuronal membrane in somatosensory cortex and helping to develop pain drugs. But, we all know how the job market is. I've had to significantly expand my criteria of jobs I would take. I would really just like to work on anything neuro-related. But I'm also trying to think outside the box. I have an interview tomorrow for a vet tech, maybe I can use some of my science background there. I was also a secretary for a while, I've applied to tons of admin jobs but nothing.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.