Not getting info about job after interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Hopeful in Jackson, Mississippi

15 months ago

I interviewed for a job on about 2 weeks ago and was told that after they made a decision they would notify everyone that interviewed that the position was filled. They said they should let me know by the following week. They didn't. I called two days ago to see if it had been filled yet and the interviewer asked if I had received a letter in the mail and I said no. She told me she couldn't tell me anything until I received that letter in the mail. What is the purpose of her not being able to tell me on the phone if I got it or not? Help! I still haven't received a call or letter. It is a job with the state.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

Hopeful in Jackson, Mississippi said: I interviewed for a job on about 2 weeks ago and was told that after they made a decision they would notify everyone that interviewed that the position was filled. They said they should let me know by the following week. They didn't. I called two days ago to see if it had been filled yet and the interviewer asked if I had received a letter in the mail and I said no. She told me she couldn't tell me anything until I received that letter in the mail. What is the purpose of her not being able to tell me on the phone if I got it or not? Help! I still haven't received a call or letter. It is a job with the state.

Call her back up and say you got the letter - even though you didn't. Heh!

Most likely you didn't get the letter because you didn't get the job. Keep applying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

15 months ago

One time at the end of the interview the person who would be my boss says, "Well, the way you will know if you got the position is if you receive a job application and letter of offer in the mail. Just strange and an awkward moment I thought. And this was for the private sector.

By the way nothing ever came in the mail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

kiki9 in New Jersey

15 months ago

Hopeful in Jackson, Mississippi said: I called two days ago to see if it had been filled yet and the interviewer asked if I had received a letter in the mail and I said no. She told me she couldn't tell me anything until I received that letter in the mail. What is the purpose of her not being able to tell me on the phone if I got it or not?

More than likely means that you didn't get the job & she didn't want the "personal experience" of her being the one to tell you that you didn't.
Or...on a completely legit note...She may not be the one who is qualified/allowed to communicate hiring decisions to candidates.

Keep applying as said above.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

15 months ago

kiki9 in New Jersey said: More than likely means that you didn't get the job & she didn't want the "personal experience" of her being the one to tell you that you didn't.
Or...on a completely legit note...She may not be the one who is qualified/allowed to communicate hiring decisions to candidates.

Keep applying as said above.

This. Move forward and write it off now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hopeful in Jackson, Mississippi

15 months ago

I just got my rejection email! Thanks for the replies though!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.