Offered internship but no news after that

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

mika in Greece

21 months ago

I had a final internship offer on 1/5. It contained both the salary offer and the period of the internship. After my positive response, I sent some papers I needed for the university..got a reply but after that I have no news. Neither I was contacted to sign any contract or received back the papers. Should I worry? What should I do? I contacted the HR responsible after 23 days but still I have no reply. It's nearly a month now (29/5)... :/

I have no job experience and dunno how companies work on these cases. any advices?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

21 months ago

mika in Greece said: I had a final internship offer on 1/5. It contained both the salary offer and the period of the internship. After my positive response, I sent some papers I needed for the university..got a reply but after that I have no news. Neither I was contacted to sign any contract or received back the papers. Should I worry? What should I do? I contacted the HR responsible after 23 days but still I have no reply. It's nearly a month now (29/5)... :/

I have no job experience and dunno how companies work on these cases. any advices?

Call them. If you have to leave a voice mail, do so. If you don't hear back in a day or two, move on. Its over.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mika in Greece

21 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Call them. If you have to leave a voice mail, do so. If you don't hear back in a day or two, move on. Its over.

I live in abroad so it's not able to call them.
Should I contact the Vice President straight (I was talking with him in the first e-mails)? or the HR?

Bluetea in Texas

21 months ago

mika in Greece said: I live in abroad so it's not able to call them.
Should I contact the Vice President straight (I was talking with him in the first e-mails)? or the HR?

One email and that is it. A month without any word from them is too long.

You must never wait for any one employer to contact you. That is a big mistake. You must keep applying until someone calls you.

mika in Greece

21 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: One email and that is it. A month without any word from them is too long.

You must never wait for any one employer to contact you. That is a big mistake. You must keep applying until someone calls you.

Your are right :/ but I was thinking that after their offer...there wouldn't be any problem

Bluetea in Texas

21 months ago

mika in Greece said: Your are right :/ but I was thinking that after their offer...there wouldn't be any problem

Obviously there is. Don't spend a lot of time scratching your head. Following every interview, I mark off 30 days on my calendar. If I haven't heard back from them, I move on.

I don't care what their problem is.

mika in Greece

21 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Obviously there is. Don't spend a lot of time scratching your head. Following every interview, I mark off 30 days on my calendar. If I haven't heard back from them, I move on.

I don't care what their problem is.

thanks for the tips! unfortunately I am unexperienced...and all these days I was just waiting thinking that their offer still exists.
Hope they answer this time or else my 2nd priority offers me another internship :/

Bluetea in Texas

21 months ago

mika in Greece said: thanks for the tips! unfortunately I am unexperienced...and all these days I was just waiting thinking that their offer still exists.
Hope they answer this time or else my 2nd priority offers me another internship :/

It might. In the United States, we don't wait. If it takes more than a month, it usually means that they have changed their minds or hired someone else. They won't tell you this.

Good Luck!

mika in Greece

21 months ago

Just for the history... and in case another intern is in the same situation as me.
Today I had an answer from the company :) stating that they're happy to take me on board.
So, fortunately things in Europe and specifically in UK aren't like in the US (as Bluetea says above).

Angela in Calgary, Alberta

21 months ago

Congratulation! Mika.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.