Opinion on the chance of job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

hopeful in Phoenix, Arizona

24 months ago

I know this is up in the air and not under my control but it is just eating at me and i would love some opinions. =) I will break it down and not get too lengthy. BTW, this was this past Thursday.

1st interview - went well chatted, got along well, she asked for 2nd interview while I was still there. Called me 10 minutes after I left asking for a time the next day.

2nd interview - 2 people. First guy was very nice, chatted a lot with me even before we went in. Used phrases as if I was already in the position. Really nice, walked me out chatting about his upcoming vacation. Told me they would have a decisions within 7-10 days. When I said I hoped to hear back from them he said "You will" and then gave a wink and walked away. Not a sexy wink, lol, just a hey we gotcha wink.

2nd guy in the 2nd interview was the owner, nice, came at me with lots of questions, I actually had him laughing at some points. The interview itself though scary for me was conversational and fun. He asked when I could start.

I sent thank you emails. Both responded. The first guy finished up his email with "we will have a decision in 7-10 days. I will talk to you soon".

The first person who interviewed me sent an email asking me for interview feedback (she is HR). I sent an email talking about how great it went...

About an hour later I received an email telling me I was a top candidate and the only concern for them was if I would be happy with the money I would make my first year (I made more in my last job). she also told me she reiterated to the men that I was looking for safety, work life balance and although money was important, It was not my motivator. (its a good job)She was asking if it was OK she said that on my behalf. I responded with a great answer about why that was great. She also stated they hoped to have a decision next week. I am used to being hired immediately.

Anywhoo, Ideas??? I didn't sleep the night after..LOL. I was just like some input.

Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

24 months ago

hopeful in Phoenix, Arizona said: I know this is up in the air and not under my control but it is just eating at me and i would love some opinions. =) I will break it down and not get too lengthy. BTW, this was this past Thursday.

1st interview - went well chatted, got along well, she asked for 2nd interview while I was still there. Called me 10 minutes after I left asking for a time the next day.

2nd interview - 2 people. First guy was very nice, chatted a lot with me even before we went in. Used phrases as if I was already in the position. Really nice, walked me out chatting about his upcoming vacation. Told me they would have a decisions within 7-10 days. When I said I hoped to hear back from them he said "You will" and then gave a wink and walked away. Not a sexy wink, lol, just a hey we gotcha wink.

2nd guy in the 2nd interview was the owner, nice, came at me with lots of questions, I actually had him laughing at some points. The interview itself though scary for me was conversational and fun. He asked when I could start.

Anywhoo, Ideas??? I didn't sleep the night after..LOL. I was just like some input.

Thank you!

It sounds nice but in lieu of a written job offer, you got nothing. People say a lot of things.

Whatever else, you do, keep applying for other jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Analystpro in Greenville, South Carolina

23 months ago

Hang in there. All of these things are excellent signs. I completely understand how hard it is to WAIT. But keep yourself busy with other things.

It's in their hands now. Sounds like you really nailed it, but an offer can fall apart for a million reasons that are completely out of your control.

Good Luck! I think you will get the job ; )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.