Presentation for an interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Heidi in Batavia, Illinois

15 months ago

It sounds like this is becoming more common. Another friend of mine has to give 15 minute presentation on her marketing plan/goals as part of the next step in the interview process. I just found out that my interview(finance) later this week will include the same. I was given a spreadsheet of sample data and tasked to show my analysis and presentation skills.

What has your experience with these been? Any tips beyond the usual "picture them in their underwear"?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

Heidi in Batavia, Illinois said: It sounds like this is becoming more common. Another friend of mine has to give 15 minute presentation on her marketing plan/goals as part of the next step in the interview process. I just found out that my interview(finance) later this week will include the same. I was given a spreadsheet of sample data and tasked to show my analysis and presentation skills.

What has your experience with these been? Any tips beyond the usual "picture them in their underwear"?

Had to do something like this twice now.

The new term for HR is called Talent Acquisition. Whenever I see this, it makes me want to bring my accordian to the next interview.

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

15 months ago

I'd dress real hot. I mean porrnnn star hot. Maybe like a Flight Attendant or a Nurse. This will take the stress off of the interview for both sides. Make sure the b00bs are hanging out and the skirt is real short.

What I would do is don't make the presentation so serious. Every now and then throw in something fun to make them laugh. They will appreciate that.

Before I became an "unemployed 40 yr old loser" I remember sitting in sales meetings after sales meetings where the presenter put me to sleep. Maybe get them involved just ALITTLE bit. And don't make it so serious and dry. Good Luck.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.