Reference Request

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

tamilboys in West Jordan, Utah

16 months ago

I interviewed with this company last week, initially i applied for a different position which went really well later that day i got a call from CEO's office for an interview.

He spoke to me for 30 mins and said is there any other job you like in our company ? i said yes and he put me through that division head they loved me and asked me about start date and salary expectation etc (which i hope are good things), they had me take a profile evaluation and personality test, while leaving he said he would say a yay or nay in 3 days. next day i got an email from hiring manager asking for 3 references, which i provided and so far no calls to the reference its been 3 working days :)

Based on the above information what are my chances ? are reference request usually the last step before offer ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

16 months ago

More and more comps are asking for references upfront before the first interview.

In your case it sounds like you will get the job. Congrats.

What is the job?

16 months ago

Its for a program manager in a software company

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

16 months ago

It sounds like all systems go to me.

However, don't assume you have it yet. I've had references contacted before and wasn't ultimately given an offer. It wasn't due to bad references. It was because one single solitary guy got a look at my resume and balked because of the gap.

Once you have an offer, then you're golden. Nothing an employer says or does means anything until you have an offer of employment.

Good luck.

16 months ago

thank you for your comments, no call to references or updates for me yet

16 months ago

got the offer today thanks you :)

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.