State Street's Fund Accountant hiring process. HELP PLEASE! Thank you

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

jwchu in Sacramento, California

76 months ago

Hi guys,

I applied to a Fund Accountant position with State Street of Sacramento about two months ago and received a phone interview within 2 weeks. After the phone interview, it seriously took a month before I got an in person panel interview. I had my panel interview with 3 managers and I think it went really well. HR told me that it would take about 2 weeks for a decision to be made. However, it has been 1 month from the interview and still no decision has been made. I sent them typed up thank you letters and followed up weekly by email and phone (alternating weekly) but HR just keep telling me that no decision has been made yet and will get back to me as soon as he hears anything.

I called the HR recruiter last week and he told me that HOPEFULLY a decision will be made by the end of this month (end of May) and will get back to me. So now I am sitting here anxiously waiting for something. What should I do?! From what I read on this board…I guess its over =(.

From what I heard….State Street is really slow….hopefully.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

aaron in Weymouth, Massachusetts

71 months ago

yes very slow, even for internships

F.S. in Salem, Massachusetts

65 months ago

I applied for full time job and part time job. Of course they call about part time job three times. I may have to lower my expectations and go for the part time job. Job market is slow in Boston.

Kwlhk in Quincy, Massachusetts

54 months ago

I just went in for an interview yesterday at state street. I actually got a phone interview about a month ago, and finally they schedule my in person interview(they even forgot who I was until they look it up on their computer). I agree they are extremely slow about the hiring process. Hope everything goes well now. When I had my interview with the managers. I saw that they wrote a lot of things on their piece of paper. Hopefully it's a good sign..

gogen= in Toronto, Ontario

52 months ago

jwchu in Sacramento, California

Hey, I am just curious. Is it appropriate to send in follow up emails as frequently as that. I mean, I am scared to do that as it might annoy the employer.

Btw, did you lend the job??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kwlhk in Quincy, Massachusetts

52 months ago

I send thank you letter after interviews every time, but never got an offer from State street.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.