Things interviewers say that let's you know you won't get an offer

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 277)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Bluetea in Texas

37 months ago

frustrated in Boston in Boston, Massachusetts said: Does anyone think that I should try to contact the actual manager that I interviewed with? Maybe this HR lady doesn't know what she's doing, or there's a miscommunication somewhere. I sent a thank you letter after my interviews but haven't contacted her since.

Resorting to sniveling and groveling? How unprofessional. Yes, do it but not my email. Too easily ignored. Stalk the manager in the parking lot. Show your continued interest in the job and reiterate a few key points.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

37 months ago

frustrated in Boston in Boston, Massachusetts said: Does anyone think that I should try to contact the actual manager that I interviewed with? Maybe this HR lady doesn't know what she's doing, or there's a miscommunication somewhere. I sent a thank you letter after my interviews but haven't contacted her since.

no!?! they know who you are. they were awake when they dealt with you. were they on drugs? contacting anybody there would make you look anxious and desperate. they're going to mess with you some more.sending a thank you letter was enough.they know what's going on. need to relax and move on. ( )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

37 months ago

frustrated in Boston in Boston, Massachusetts said: I was trying to avoid a breach of ethics. But I guess I made the wrong choice now...? This is so messed up.

Ethics? You are being ethical but you are still unemployed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

37 months ago

i don't know, was this like a dream job working for a F500 corporation making a six figure salary with a mansion in tow? come one. move on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

37 months ago

there's nothing messed up about it.you made the wrong move. now deal with take the hit/deal with the setback. it happens. you got to look at all the cards in your hand and not show it to anybody or clue them in as to your moves.

what f*n breach of ethics? there are no ethics in this game anymore. nowhere with nobody. are you for real? life happens.people take jobs all the time that they KNOW they will leave in a few months for something better. your loyalty is to $$. that is how you survive. listen to Bluetea.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

frustrated in Boston in Boston, Massachusetts

37 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: i don't know, was this like a dream job working for a F500 corporation making a six figure salary with a mansion in tow? come one. move on.

In social work those jobs are not in the realm of reality. I was happy to have a job that offered health insurance which I have not had in over 2 years. And a better salary than I have had so far. I will move on, possibly to snivel to job 1 to try to get that job back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

37 months ago

"nothing personal.it's just business." you need to keep in real for yourself. they won't keep it real because they like the game and want to keep the candidates hanging.HR are like, i don't know...scheit dogs...paperpushing snots. kneescraping lackeys who can't or won't do anything else.they have no real hard or soft skills.you can feed them vomit and they will eat it.and they expect the same from you "in the company's best interest." these people have the same mentality of carrying out order's to shoot people (fire them).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

37 months ago

you can try. I doubt job1 will take you back.you lost face with them.your "ethical honesty" blew it for you. keep looking.

I've been here for 2.5 years looking for work. right now I am in an "urban mood" so I might sound like kind of weird now. I don't usually write like this. I have a B.S. degree and 16 work experience.Tons of computer skills.I am also in real estate and property management on the side for extra income. I'm 42 years old in NYC. I've seen it all.heard it. I've seen stuff like in Mad Men and Law and Order and then some. maybe you're on the younger side. you've got time to learn.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

frustrated in Boston in Boston, Massachusetts

37 months ago

I'm 37 and have been in social work since receiving my MSW from NYU in 2005. LCSW since 2010. If I were to begin work with clients and then terminate after 2-3 weeks, it could hurt the clients whom I am committed to serving. The company- I am not concerned about but the individual clients (some of whom would be children and survivors of abuse and trauma) would be confused and violated by such an action. I feel I made a mistake but I was placed in a difficult situation. I feel somewhat optimistic that the previous manager will understand and appreciate my attempt to be loyal to the clients. Thank you all for your comments.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

37 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Resorting to sniveling and groveling? How unprofessional. Yes, do it but not my email. Too easily ignored. Stalk the manager in the parking lot. Show your continued interest in the job and reiterate a few key points.

Bluetea, but some of these people here in NYC do just that.they do stalk and keep calling. and emailing. and leaving messages. I just can't do that. not worth it.

they know who you are.they want you, they'll let you know.if not, then it's not the place for you. I've been through too much. I am beyond cynical.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

37 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: Bluetea, but some of these people here in NYC do just that.they do stalk and keep calling. and emailing. and leaving messages. I just can't do that. not worth it.

they know who you are.they want you, they'll let you know.if not, then it's not the place for you. I've been through too much. I am beyond cynical.

I agree. An HR speaker at one of my networking sessions put it best. "We have lost two jobs: the one you had and the one you need". Since 2007, we have lost over 8 million jobs.

How is LinkedIn, interview follow up or resume paper with matching envelopes the solution to this? That was your parent's era and that was a much different time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

37 months ago

i think we lost much more than 8 million jobs.the media is just downplaying the numbers, as they usually do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

37 months ago

I am still waiting to start job 2. I emailed the HR rep today for an update and she told me that I am not the only finalist (!), and that members of their hiring team are on vacation for 1-2 weeks, but that she'll let me know once there's a final decision!??!!*

You got so much advice from others, I was going to stay out of it. But man, this paragraph above really stuck out. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Business. We had a lot of HR courses.

Sorry. But they are not considering you for this job. My reasoning:
(1) She told me that I am not the only finalist
(2) Members of their hiring team are on vacation for 1-2 weeks
, but that she'll let me know once there's a final decision

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

37 months ago

Hit enter too fast.

What they are doing is looking for someone better than you - which they WILL find. They didn't go on vacation. They are spending two weeks interviewing better candidates, or someone they like personally better than they liked you. They told EVERYONE exactly the same thing they told you.

Think of an job interview is a five minute meet-and-greet round table speed date. That is what it is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

37 months ago

Max in Jamaica, New York said: Here are some that indicate you didn't get the job:

1. "We are still interviewing."
2. "We will get back to you on this, regardless of the outcome."
3. We had over 300 applicants, we picked 10 of the best. You were one of them. That you should be proud of."
4. They don't ask for references

All on the ball. Also, if they don't give you a business card at the end of the interview, then clearly, it ain't happening. They don't like you enough to give you their business card.They don't want you calling or emailing them, that's what I think.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Max in Jamaica, New York

37 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: All on the ball. Also, if they don't give you a business card at the end of the interview, then clearly, it ain't happening. They don't like you enough to give you their business card.They don't want you calling or emailing them, that's what I think.

Yes! Very true! I just went to a interview and wasn't given one. Honestly, you have a better change of hitting the lottery than getting a job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

37 months ago

Doll, a lady has a better chance of finding a wealthy guy to hook up with and marry eventually. Especially if the lady is decent looking and has lots of personality.Maybe I should look for rich male friends. They'll get me a job at their company or at their friend's company. They say network, right? Plenty of women get jobs that way, even today. Nobody talks about it openly because it's politically not correct. But I hear women talk plenty among themselves sometimes. I say if the shoe fits, wear it. 'Cos this song and dance in the circus job hunt isn't working in the Recession. The only people who are getting hired are on the inside whether they already work at the company, or have family/friends there. (Time for me to look for new friends.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

mike1233 in Ohio

37 months ago

The business card thing doesn't mean anything, I've been given those countless times after an interview and not been successfully hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

37 months ago

It's rude not to give somebody a business card.Whether you're hired or not.It shows the employer is cheap.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

37 months ago

If they're too cheap to give you a business card..what are they like after they hire you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

37 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: It's rude not to give somebody a business card.Whether you're hired or not.It shows the employer is cheap.

It also shows that they don't want you bothering them with "status updates".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

37 months ago

They interview so they could fill out paperwork for the HR Director and keep their own jobs.They also interview so they an fill out paperwork for the EEOC to show they're supposedly complying with some regulation. Also, they fill out stuff so they can get their 10,000 tax credit for the other people already working there.
Or they already have someobody on the inside they decided on and need to show proof they interviewed outsiders. It's all so very political, that's all.
Who says they're interviewing to hire you? We're not naive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

37 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: They interview so they could fill out paperwork for the HR Director and keep their own jobs.They also interview so they an fill out paperwork for the EEOC to show they're supposedly complying with some regulation. Also, they fill out stuff so they can get their 10,000 tax credit for the other people already working there.
Or they already have someobody on the inside they decided on and need to show proof they interviewed outsiders. It's all so very political, that's all.
Who says they're interviewing to hire you? We're not naive.

I agree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Max in Jamaica, New York

37 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: They interview so they could fill out paperwork for the HR Director and keep their own jobs.They also interview so they an fill out paperwork for the EEOC to show they're supposedly complying with some regulation. Also, they fill out stuff so they can get their 10,000 tax credit for the other people already working there.
Or they already have someobody on the inside they decided on and need to show proof they interviewed outsiders. It's all so very political, that's all.
Who says they're interviewing to hire you? We're not naive.

Thats how they CYA!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

37 months ago

Because in 2.5 years I would have been hired, if they were seriously considering hiring ME.Many were second and third interviews, btw.So clearly I can sell myself!
So let's stop with their BS. I speak to a lot of people in the NYC area, both in person and online.I research a lot of these social and economic issues because I have a lot of time on my hands. There is a lot of PR going on.The websites advertise fake jobs; the boards and the company websites too.They want to attract people to their sites, get traffic.They want to look like their company is doing well.It brings in business. It's fake advertising to create business in the same or another area.MARKETING.BAIT AND SWITCH.It's so old already. It's a game.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

37 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: Because in 2.5 years I would have been hired, if they were seriously considering hiring ME.Many were second and third interviews, btw.So clearly I can sell myself!
So let's stop with their BS. I speak to a lot of people in the NYC area, both in person and online.I research a lot of these social and economic issues because I have a lot of time on my hands. There is a lot of PR going on.The websites advertise fake jobs; the boards and the company websites too.They want to attract people to their sites, get traffic.They want to look like their company is doing well.It brings in business. It's fake advertising to create business in the same or another area.MARKETING.BAIT AND SWITCH.It's so old already. It's a game.

I am in marketing and we call that building a "presence". You write up the product release. You hire people to write glowing reviews, blog, tweet, digg, FB, etc. You buy the links and the Adwords and you let everything simmer for a month.

I use to sell Yellow Page advertising. You can't give it away now. Every technology has a dark side.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RecruitingUnveiled in Flushing, New York

37 months ago

Interviewing is pretty tricky, in some ways it's a crapshoot. It could depend on the interviewer's mood throughout the day, it could be they have more in common with other candidates, things that are completely out of your control. I would say there are ways to make yourself more valuable vs. other candidates, but some times it's just plain luck. I will address interviewing in a future blog post, there are ways to make you seem more attractive to people.

---------------------------
Recruiting Unveiled
www.recruitingunveiled.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

beginagainla in Los Angeles, California

37 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: They interview so they could fill out paperwork for the HR Director and keep their own jobs.They also interview so they an fill out paperwork for the EEOC to show they're supposedly complying with some regulation. Also, they fill out stuff so they can get their 10,000 tax credit for the other people already working there.
Or they already have somebody on the inside they decided on and need to show proof they interviewed outsiders. It's all so very political, that's all.
Who says they're interviewing to hire you? We're not naive.

^This whole paragraph is very sobering. What a complete waste of the applicant's time and energy. It's cruel and inhumane -- employers posting jobs they have absolutely no intention of actually filling with the applicants before them. To the average working person, this would defy logic. To those of us who've been looking for work, it explains a lot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

37 months ago

there is evidence out there that this is going on.unless I was long term unemployed and going through this, i would have never believed it's happening.Once you actually do the research on gov't agencies, their rules and speak to people who have witnessed this or "are on the inside" you realize it's true. when another long term unemployed, a former corporate manager, tells you that his company practiced these methods to get tax breaks and the other things I mentioned above, you know it's been going on for years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

FRUSTRATED IN NY in New York, New York

37 months ago

I am really confused about the hiring process of some companies.
Last week I went for an interview (I am a healthcare provider).
The manager showed me the facility, brought me in a room, asked a bunch of questions…she brought in the nurse manager as well, she asked me a couple of questions and everything seems going pretty smoothly…
I brought my portfolio and they were impressed how well organized I was, they make copies of my portfolio papers and they also want a copy of my ID…I chat for a while with the nurse manager while the manager left to make the copies, she goes as far as saying “I think you have nothing to worry about, you got the job”…
We chat a little more and they want to show me the new area of the building they just bought, they are doing constructions to expand the facility…
They bring me back in a room, they go as far as asking me when am I available to go for a physical exam paid by the company to get the hiring process rolling…They ask me questions as “when are you available to start” “Are you interviewing with other people?” and when I leave both managers say “we will have an offer for you by the end of today, latest tomorrow”…
I really think I got the job, I send a “THANK YOU” letter as a formality and because I really appreciated their time and I thought it was the best interview I ever had (and God knows I know about the interview process).
Well about 5 days are gone and I don’t even have a reply from my THANK YOU message, today out of “desperation” I sent another Email to ask for an update on the hiring process, and still not answer…
DOES SOMEONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTION FOR ME?
Sorry for the long rant…

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

37 months ago

what suggestions are you looking for? They played you. Move on. Read what I wrote above. Maybe they had an EEOC quota to fill so they have to show on paper how many people they interviewed total; how many of them women, how many black, how many vets, etc. Maybe they wanted a few $10,000 tax credits for the EEOC people they hired on the side, so again, they have to take your information on paper.

They were showing off in front of you when they showed the new building. HR needs to be busy so they get paid.

Move on. Don't waste any more time.They clearly have moved on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

beginagainla in Los Angeles, California

37 months ago

@Grant - You're incredibly astute and say what needs to be said.

@Frustrated - I've got yours beat. How about you do the interview, the tests, the background check, and they tell you you've got the job .... they tell you to wait for a call for a start date, then don't call. It's really sick.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ga in Las Vegas, Nevada

37 months ago

reign2k3 in Bowie, Maryland said: So here's my situation:

1) Had a phone interview. Got invited for an in-person interview;
2) In-person interview went well (3/20/13). Got invited for a second interview;
3) Second interview went well (3/28/2013). Even passed the test that I was given by the employer. After the second interview, the employer gave me an overview sheet of the company benefits.
4) Sent an email to the employer on 4/3/13 as to whether or not the position was still open or was it filled & and as of 4/4/13, I've heard nothing back.

Should I call the employer to check the status or to see if they've hired someone????

Having recently gone through the same thing, you may follow up but you're likely not to hear anything until if/when they're good and ready. In my case, I was just ignored. Please let me know how you make out and good luck! Keep those resumes going out meanwhile!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

37 months ago

ga in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Having recently gone through the same thing, you may follow up but you're likely not to hear anything until if/when they're good and ready. In my case, I was just ignored. Please let me know how you make out and good luck! Keep those resumes going out meanwhile!

Yeah and while you are waiting for the phone to ring and Brad Pitt to call, never stop applying. NEVER!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

37 months ago

Hmm...I have a better chance of landing a rich boyfriend than finding a regular old 40 hr job in this economy with a measly paycheck so I can at least keep my head above water. What....I'm for real. I feel like a rat trying to outrun the wheel under my feet.It all just feels like a circus. Nero is playing the harp and singing about gun control, gay marriage, and everything under the sun EXCEPT THE UNEMPLOYMENT SITUATION..while Rome (U.S.) burns. The Empire (American Dream) is dead, people. I'm just waiting for the barbarians to start invading...North Korea? Iran maybe? Or maybe the barbarians are here on native soil..all the unemployed and disenfranchised middle class folk. Civil unrest, as unsavory as it sounds, has always resulted in some social progress after the smoke cleared. Just food for thought.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ga in Las Vegas, Nevada

37 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: Hmm...I have a better chance of landing a rich boyfriend than finding a regular old 40 hr job in this economy with a measly paycheck so I can at least keep my head above water. What....I'm for real. I feel like a rat trying to outrun the wheel under my feet.It all just feels like a circus. Nero is playing the harp and singing about gun control, gay marriage, and everything under the sun EXCEPT THE UNEMPLOYMENT SITUATION..while Rome (U.S.) burns. The Empire (American Dream) is dead, people. I'm just waiting for the barbarians to start invading...North Korea? Iran maybe? Or maybe the barbarians are here on native soil..all the unemployed and disenfranchised middle class folk. Civil unrest, as unsavory as it sounds, has always resulted in some social progress after the smoke cleared. Just food for thought.

That's right on! Let's not forget that we also have to stomach the latest "news" about super-rich Biyonce (who cares about proper spelling here), Kanye; Obama's golf/basketbball acumen; their expensive vacations; Al Gore's massive wealth attainmentfrom selling out to AL Jazira and other losers that have nothing to do with your/my survival at all.

Oh, and let's not forget the payroll tax hike for people making only $30,000 per year or less.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ga in Las Vegas, Nevada

37 months ago

And this will make your blood boil, our tax dollars at work:
videos2view.net/tax-fraud.htm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ga in Las Vegas, Nevada

37 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: The latest political climate has been to force feed African American ethnocentrism and preferential affirmative action policies down our throats.Every time you turn the tv on, pull out a paper, on the Internet, go to your grocery store. Nothing wrong with being black but this is like going way too far already. Where am I living? My ancestors of Russian descent didn't own slaves on this continent so I have nothing to apologize or make up for, ok> I don't owe nobody nothing. I have my own culture and ethnicity but you don't see me parading with signs or evangelizing people on it. Please already. Let's all just find jobs and work. You celebrate your culture on your time and on your dime, not mine. In office culture, I've noticed many black women are often hateful towards white women. Outside of office culture it's been fine. Something about corporate America that promotes that?

Excellent point above, Grant. Here's my thought on racism. Have you noticed an emerging trend in the past few years when you fill out a job app? They now ask for the applicant's race. Among the categories to choose are African American and (this one makes me mad) "Non-Hispanic/White."

(For the record, I'm a "non" person. Anyone caucasion is a in the "non" catagory; Polish, German, British, French descent etc... Are all "non" persons.

Can you imagine if ANY of the categories said, "NON-WHITE?" The ACLU; "Latino" groups and NAACP would come unglued. So yes, this promotes racism and it's intentional. As for the "Diversity" claim of so many employers, they don't seem to concerned with hiring age diversity. It's all about race. However, that's the political climate we live in today, especially since 2008... My two cents.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

37 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: Hmm...I have a better chance of landing a rich boyfriend than finding a regular old 40 hr job in this economy with a measly paycheck so I can at least keep my head above water. What....I'm for real. I feel like a rat trying to outrun the wheel under my feet.It all just feels like a circus. Nero is playing the harp and singing about gun control, gay marriage, and everything under the sun EXCEPT THE UNEMPLOYMENT SITUATION..while Rome (U.S.) burns. The Empire (American Dream) is dead, people. I'm just waiting for the barbarians to start invading...North Korea? Iran maybe? Or maybe the barbarians are here on native soil..all the unemployed and disenfranchised middle class folk. Civil unrest, as unsavory as it sounds, has always resulted in some social progress after the smoke cleared. Just food for thought.

I have read books that say that civil unreset is a very real possibility. I am not the only one to have read those books.

The Department of Homeland security has an open order for 1.6 BILLION bullets. They say they are doing it to "save money" but these redneck, doomsday preppers around here say that's BS. Even some legislators have raised concerns over this.

1.6 BILLION bullets is enough to fight a war for the next 20 years or to put 5 rounds into each living American right now. Somethings up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

37 months ago

ga in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Excellent point above, Grant. Here's my thought on racism. Have you noticed an emerging trend in the past few years when you fill out a job app? They now ask for the applicant's race. Among the categories to choose are African American and (this one makes me mad) "Non-Hispanic/White."

(For the record, I'm a "non" person. Anyone caucasion is a in the "non" catagory; Polish, German, British, French descent etc... Are all "non" persons.

Can you imagine if ANY of the categories said, "NON-WHITE?" The ACLU; "Latino" groups and NAACP would come unglued. So yes, this promotes racism and it's intentional. As for the "Diversity" claim of so many employers, they don't seem to concerned with hiring age diversity. It's all about race. However, that's the political climate we live in today, especially since 2008... My two cents.

I don't answer those EEOC surveys/forms. I just put "Chose not to respond" or something similar.Nobody's business what race/ethnicity I am. They want to reject me for these imaginary jobs because I put that, that's fine with me! I don't apply for gov't jobs either. I refuse to pay for civil service tests that are rigged for only one racial preference. All you got to do is see who's working there to know they don't hire whites.They only have whites at the top C level, that's it.These "top" whites play the race card for a reason, and they play against you and me. I refuse to be the only white person employed there at the bottom. You know what's going to happen if I am. I am just scared, seriously. Besides, they don't refund your civil service exam fees when they don't pick you and hire for one of those "amazing civil service service" jobs you hear about. Again, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE..let's stop the racial card BS already. Let's just be humans.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

37 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: I don't answer those EEOC surveys/forms. I just put "Chose not to respond" or something similar.Nobody's business what race/ethnicity I am. They want to reject me for these imaginary jobs because I put that, that's fine with me! I don't apply for gov't jobs either. I refuse to pay for civil service tests that are rigged for only one racial preference. All you got to do is see who's working there to know they don't hire whites.They only have whites at the top C level, that's it.These "top" whites play the race card for a reason, and they play against you and me. I refuse to be the only white person employed there at the bottom. You know what's going to happen if I am. I am just scared, seriously. Besides, they don't refund your civil service exam fees when they don't pick you and hire for one of those "amazing civil service service" jobs you hear about. Again, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE..let's stop the racial card BS already. Let's just be humans.

I have been "voluntarily" marking that I am a one-legged, Native American who was born in Samoa. I have actually been getting more calls lately.

If you choose not to respond, you just wasted two hours filling the damn thing out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

37 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: I have been "voluntarily" marking that I am a one-legged, Native American who was born in Samoa. I have actually been getting more calls lately.

If you choose not to respond, you just wasted two hours filling the damn thing out.

HAHAHA< love that.that's funny.maybe i should follow your lead on that one.And start putting funny stuff on there. Um, I don't spend 2 hours on an application. that is, I won't spend 2 hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ga in Las Vegas, Nevada

37 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: I don't answer those EEOC surveys/forms. I just put "Chose not to respond" or something similar.Nobody's business what race/ethnicity I am. They want to reject me for these imaginary jobs because I put that, that's fine with me! I don't apply for gov't jobs either. I refuse to pay for civil service tests that are rigged for only one racial preference. All you got to do is see who's working there to know they don't hire whites.They only have whites at the top C level, that's it.These "top" whites play the race card for a reason, and they play against you and me. I refuse to be the only white person employed there at the bottom. You know what's going to happen if I am. I am just scared, seriously. Besides, they don't refund your civil service exam fees when they don't pick you and hire for one of those "amazing civil service service" jobs you hear about. Again, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE..let's stop the racial card BS already. Let's just be humans.

I've chosen the "don't wish to respond" option in the online apps and the screen won't advance and/or says, "you have not completed this form."

You're right though, in those cases, it's probably one of the many fake job posts anyway.

One's ability to perform a job function seems not to matter. Filling some sort of EEOC quota with the inept - simply because their skin is the right color - or gaining tax breaks is all that matters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

37 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: HAHAHA< love that.that's funny.maybe i should follow your lead on that one.And start putting funny stuff on there. Um, I don't spend 2 hours on an application. that is, I won't spend 2 hours.

Hey, you never know when they might need a one-legged, Native America who was born in Samoa. No tax credit for white caucasians.

I just read a PR piece about Justice Sonia Sotomeyer and how she clawed her way out of the Brox to become a Supreme Court justice. She doesn't mention that she took advantage of every affirmative action program there was!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

37 months ago

ga in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I've chosen the "don't wish to respond" option in the online apps and the screen won't advance and/or says, "you have not completed this form."

You're right though, in those cases, it's probably one of the many fake job posts anyway.

One's ability to perform a job function seems not to matter. Filling some sort of EEOC quota with the inept - simply because their skin is the right color - or gaining tax breaks is all that matters.

Next time, you are a one-legged, Native American with vet status who was born in Samoa. Your application will go to the top of the pile.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

37 months ago

ga in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I've chosen the "don't wish to respond" option in the online apps and the screen won't advance and/or says, "you have not completed this form."

You're right though, in those cases, it's probably one of the many fake job posts anyway.

One's ability to perform a job function seems not to matter. Filling some sort of EEOC quota with the inept - simply because their skin is the right color - or gaining tax breaks is all that matters.

Its part of a company's compliance reporting. Don't believe me? Try deleting the entire application once you have saved it. It won't let you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

37 months ago

LOL......don't forget to put G/lesbian on it too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Grant013 in Astoria, New York

37 months ago

you two got me laughing so hard..my sides are going to burst at the seams...
!@#$$^%%^%&%&..omg.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

37 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: you two got me laughing so hard..my sides are going to burst at the seams...
!@#$$^%%^%&%&..omg.

And they say unemployed people don't have a sense of humor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ga in Las Vegas, Nevada

37 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: I have been "voluntarily" marking that I am a one-legged, Native American who was born in Samoa. I have actually been getting more calls lately.

If you choose not to respond, you just wasted two hours filling the damn thing out.

RIGHT! You spend hours filling out the app and this race one is the last question! I've never seen a blank for "Other" or would put "Unknown." From now on, I'm going to put Hispanic--am sure I'll go to the top of the pile then. When they see me, I'll let them speculate. So far, no one has ever asked me to "prove" my race. But I'm sure that's coming -- along with DNA testing to check for inherited medical conditions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.