Things interviewers say that let's you know you won't get an offer

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 297 of 297)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6   

Jury 14 in Hartford, Connecticut

20 months ago

semo in Albany, California said: seriously ???? have you been out of your mom`s pu*** employed???

People who have never lost a job in this economy don't get it. It's like talking to someone whilst in the Twilight Zone.. this is a pretty spot on example of that.

This person has NOOOOO idea how bad it is. And he/she can't even fathom just how bad it is. Don't waste your time with this one.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

2Legit in Cincinnati, Ohio

20 months ago

"Thanks for coming in."

Reply - Report abuse

Mrs April in Melbourne, Florida

19 months ago

I didn't have a interview... but the head man said that he would give me a call... what do u think that means?

Reply - Report abuse

JohnD in Atlanta, Georgia

19 months ago

Interviewer emailed me and said "I will communicate our decision tomorrow afternoon or Monday"

Is this a positive or a negative sign if I believe the interview went relatively well? I'm a college student and this is for an internship so I'm not very experienced with the entire hiring process

Reply - Report abuse

JohnD in San Francisco, California

19 months ago

JohnD in Atlanta, Georgia said: Interviewer emailed me and said "I will communicate our decision tomorrow afternoon or Monday"

Is this a positive or a negative sign if I believe the interview went relatively well? I'm a college student and this is for an internship so I'm not very experienced with the entire hiring process

Seems pretty neutral to me...I wouldn't be too worried about it. Sounds like they are interviewing a few people for the internship and are still considering their options. You have a chance!

Reply - Report abuse

Sick Of It All in backwoods, California

19 months ago

JohnD in Atlanta, Georgia said: Interviewer emailed me and said "I will communicate our decision tomorrow afternoon or Monday"

No, this isn't a "positive sign." It just means he'll let you know what the company decides by Monday. Honestly I wouldn't even hold him to that. I've been to enough interviews where they say the same thing and then never get back to you.

Reply - Report abuse

Andy1125 in Moorhead, Minnesota

16 months ago

ga in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Yes, these such "underprivileged" are such "American success" stories at ours, our parents' expense. No one ever talks about Obama pumping gas or being a bus-boy at Dennys to put himself through an Ivy League college either, do they?

For those who could not afford college themselves, nor could their parents and went to work at age 16 anyway but born in the U.S. in the "non" category ie; "non-Hispanic" are just SOL.

Obama took out loans and had scholarships to pay for college just like most Americans. He worked his way through college just like anyone else would or could.

Reply - Report abuse

rwhite203@*****.*** in Brooklyn, New York

14 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Unemployed people have no sense of humor. Heh!

What's funny about being unemployed?

Reply - Report abuse

kathymcc123 in Pomona, New York

14 months ago

sighing in southern, New Jersey said: SHORT interviews-there is no substance, the interviewers have nothing much to say. I know some interviews may be brief, but if they only ask a few questions, it is not a good sign. I think an interview should be a half hour at the very least, but it can depend on the job. Anything under that seems bad to me (unless they specify it is a screening).

When they just seem disinterested/like they are just going through the motions.

When they ask questions that have nothing to do with the job and/or ask very few relevant questions.

When they do not tell you much about the job, the starting date, etc.

When they indicate they do not know something they should have, meaning they never read your resume-I had an interview last year where I drove an hour and as soon as I sat down, they said I lived too far. My town is usually well-known; it was obvious they had not noted where I lived.

When they ask questions, you answer, and they do not seem to like your answers.

When they do not write anything down/have no notes, your resume there.

When they are really late-keep you waiting for the interview for a while.

I know exactly what you mean. Though, I've had interviews where the first was with HR over the phone, then an in person one with the two people the position would support.

Was with each person for at least 20-30 minutes, asked a lot of questions. Then, only by e-mailing the HR person one week later, I find out they just picked a candidate the day before. But, they want me to keep applying to that company because I'm a "very good candidate". If I was so GOOD, why didn't they hire me to start with?

I think sometimes you get let on.

Reply - Report abuse

rwhite203@*****.*** in Brooklyn, New York

14 months ago

All very true. I was asked by an interviewer to tell them about myself. I knew then that I was wasting my time and wanted to leave. I wasn't there to make a friend. The interview lasted as long as it did because I asked all the questions, and volunteered info about myself. I dragged the interview on, it was 90 degrees that day, I spent time, money, and wasted a clean blouse. I decided she would be my interview test dummy. Interviewers really need to get off of the power trip they are on.

Reply - Report abuse

Burt Lange in Albany, New York

14 months ago

earlier this week i had an interview and it was short. no substance. first time ever for me.

interviewing now is so much worse than 3 yrs ago.

Reply - Report abuse

Like a warm culture in Lincoln, Nebraska

11 months ago

At my 2 recent interviews with the same company, both managers were abrupt, non-smiling and seemingly disinterested. They looked down at their questions almost the entire interview. It was like they didn't even care that a human being was in the same room with them. That told me what to expect on a daily basis and I was relieved to get an email this morning that I didn't get the job.

Reply - Report abuse

macylkw in Manchester, Connecticut

11 months ago

I recently had an interview for a per diem slot as a Surg. Tech. at our local hospital. Talk about a trial by jury...I went into the conf. room for the interview, and there were seven people waiting for me! Yikes!! Luckily for me, I recognized all of them from a Clinical Internship I had done at that hospital almost 2 years previously. I was able to smile and greet them by name, which seemed to startle some of them.

The interview went well enough, as it is challenging to chat with 7 people at once.

The OR Mgr. walked me out, so I was able to talk to her one-on-one. We seemed to hit it off. She said that they would be making a decision by the end of the week, and that calls would be made by Friday.

Thursday, she called me back. She told me that I had not gotten the job, but that she had been impressed with my education and experience. She told me that she'd be keeping my resume on file for the next opening that they had.

I am sooo IMPRESSED that she actually called like she said would happen. I have been on 5 other interviews since May 2014, and this is the 1st follow-through that I've seen!!

Reply - Report abuse

Tyuio55 in Jackson Heights, New York

9 months ago

Daniel.Kulkarni in Miami, Florida said: You can't even get a job bagging groceries in this job market without experience/a connection.

This is the most real comment on this page! Lol

Reply - Report abuse

Tina in Los Angeles, California

9 months ago

I applied online & got a call the very next afternoon to schedule an interview. I went in for the interview & it went well I guess (it's the first job interview I've ever had) I thought it went horribly, but then she said to wait while she verified some info & had me come back in & gave me a job offer, which I accepted, & showed me the pay I'd be earning & then had me sign some papers & said congratulations you'll get a call for when orientation will be. Two days later I got a call to come in & sign some papers so they could release a background check & they said if the background check clears they'd give me a call in about a week. That was last Wednesday & I assume they got the background check already because they sent me a copy of it in the mail like 3 days ago.. I'm a little nervous, but I'll wait another week I guess, or should I call ?

Reply - Report abuse

lwang9 in Kansas City, Kansas

7 months ago

Tina in Los Angeles, California said: I applied online & got a call the very next afternoon to schedule an interview. I went in for the interview & it went well I guess (it's the first job interview I've ever had) I thought it went horribly, but then she said to wait while she verified some info & had me come back in & gave me a job offer, which I accepted, & showed me the pay I'd be earning & then had me sign some papers & said congratulations you'll get a call for when orientation will be. Two days later I got a call to come in & sign some papers so they could release a background check & they said if the background check clears they'd give me a call in about a week. That was last Wednesday & I assume they got the background check already because they sent me a copy of it in the mail like 3 days ago.. I'm a little nervous, but I'll wait another week I guess, or should I call ?

Yes, I think you need to follow-up by email. Good luck!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Soconfused in Spring, Texas

7 months ago

I had a job interview for a retail position. I walked in and informed the available associates that I was there for my interview. They asked me to sit and wait. After the manager finished assisting 2 customers he approached me assuming that I was also a customer. I told him that I was there for the interview and he grabbed my resume. We began the interview and he asked about my experience and current position. Halfway through the interview he told me that I had recieved the position and was well qualified. It caught me completely off guard. The interview lasted maybe 15 minutes. He asked me if I had any questions and I asked questions concerning scheduling and his current sales team. We walked back to the store front and I gathered my belongings. He told me that he had to talk some things over with his head manager but he was sure that I would receive thr position and I am a great candidate. He would contact me in 24 to 48 hours. I thanked him and shook his hand. 4 days later I recieved no reply. I called just to follow up and was met with a slightly rude voice from a female associate. She told me that he had just left 20 minutes ago and I left my name and number. She didn't read the name or numbers back to me. 2 day later no reply. I called back and one of the managers answered. He said that he was present during my interview and he knew that the guy wanted to hire me so he would call and ask about the hold up. He told me that if he didn't call me back I should call back the next day at 1 pm. I recieved no call so I just followed his instructions. I was finally met with the voice of the head manager. He told me that both managers really liked me and spoke highly of me. I thought it was a little weird because I only interviewed with one manager and even though I was very polite my phone conversation with the second manager was very short. Then he told me "I'm just going to be really transparent. I don't like to hire candidates with other jobs because of schedules."

Reply - Report abuse

Soconfused in Spring, Texas

7 months ago

So I told him that my schedule is completely open and I only work 12-16 hours at my other position. I told him how they honor our requests and his set schedule would be perfect. I even was allowed to leave early to interview for the sales position. The hiring manager is aware of this. He told me that he would talk to the hiring manager who would be at work in 20 minutes. He would tell him to get back with me on the same day to lead me through the next steps in the process. I thanked him for considering me for the position and told him that I looked forward to bringing my talent to his team and working with him. 3 days later. 2 of those days were on the weekend and they are busy. The monday we had really bad weather. I still have no reply. My brother told me that they are still accepting apps. I really wish they would just send me a cookie cutter email or tell me that they chose another candidate. Why would they tell me I have the job and string me along but never solidify anything?

Reply - Report abuse

John in MD in Catonsville, Maryland

7 months ago

Welcome to the "new and improved" job market. Most employers will say anything and everything positive, but never inform someone they didn't get the job.

Sounds like it's time for you to keep looking until you start getting a paycheck.

Reply - Report abuse

Hopeful_unemployed in Arvada, Colorado

7 months ago

rwhite203@*****.*** in Brooklyn, New York said: All very true. I was asked by an interviewer to tell them about myself. I knew then that I was wasting my time and wanted to leave. I wasn't there to make a friend. The interview lasted as long as it did because I asked all the questions, and volunteered info about myself. I dragged the interview on, it was 90 degrees that day, I spent time, money, and wasted a clean blouse. I decided she would be my interview test dummy. Interviewers really need to get off of the power trip they are on.

Well, this isn't necessarily a "waste your time" question. I have had three interviewers in three separate interviews as me this question. They want the elevator pitch. They want to hear how many years of experience you have doing things that relate to them then they want to know what you want out of their company/job. The entire spiel should take no more than 30-45 seconds and be 4-6 sentences long. Sure, they have your resume in front of them, but they want to know what YOU think of yourself.

Reply - Report abuse

Ms. S in Ashfield, Massachusetts

6 months ago

Grant013 in Astoria, New York said: I agree. In a big city like New York HR people are a dime a dozen. HR is such a hated occupation a lot of people on a certain professional level, that is in some circles, are kind of embarrassed to say they work in HR or their spouse does. HR attracts people with no real soft or hard skills. People with useless degrees like English, Philosophy, and some others like Sociology often go into HR. HR are basically bureaucratic paper pushing robots who are paid to always side with the corporation. They lack objectivity and a sense of personal responsibility, as well as basic character. Their knowledge consists of organizational psychology, some labor and benefit laws and maybe a miniscule level of corporate law ? Please...

A degree in English is not a useless degree. Especially when so many native English speakers can barely read and write!

Reply - Report abuse

fishy1987 in FPO, California

6 months ago

sighing in southern, New Jersey said: SHORT interviews-there is no substance, the interviewers have nothing much to say. I know some interviews may be brief, but if they only ask a few questions, it is not a good sign. I think an interview should be a half hour at the very least, but it can depend on the job. Anything under that seems bad to me (unless they specify it is a screening).

When they just seem disinterested/like they are just going through the motions.

When they ask questions that have nothing to do with the job and/or ask very few relevant questions.

When they do not tell you much about the job, the starting date, etc.

When they indicate they do not know something they should have, meaning they never read your resume-I had an interview last year where I drove an hour and as soon as I sat down, they said I lived too far. My town is usually well-known; it was obvious they had not noted where I lived.

When they ask questions, you answer, and they do not seem to like your answers.

When they do not write anything down/have no notes, your resume there.

When they are really late-keep you waiting for the interview for a while.

The job I just got an offer from did all of these things and still made me an offer. Just goes to show you that unless you are the interviewer not the interviewee you never know what they are thinking. Still underemployed but at least there are benes with this job.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Plaid Mule in Seminole, Florida

6 months ago

Serious Rant!!! I am so sick of taking assessment tests. I do great on them, in the 90% percentile. But, this last interview took the biscuit. They were half hour late for my interview. They had me fill out this questionnaire that looked like it was on its 1000th generation of being copied. Could barely read the questions with tiny font. Seriously, can't a business ask someone to just type up a new version. It would take an hour.

Then, when I finally go in for the interview HR person announces we want you to take an excel test. Great....another test. So I am already sweating and uncomfortable in my interview clothes. They take me upstairs and sit right in the middle of an open office space which was tiny. It was stifling in there with 10 other employees. They hand me this packet with at least 10 pgs. I just stare at it and ask "How long is this going to take?" "Oh about 45-1hr." What!?! By that time, I was tired, uncomfortable and sweaty. My heart was just not into it. So I started. The instructions were confusing, the data was in this tiny tiny blurry font. I spent a good 10 min squinting. Finally, I get to the part of using excel. The instructions, were totally incomprehensible. I had no idea what they wanted. After 20 mins. I am frustrated did half of the work and wanted to go home. So picked up my stuff and just walked out. They asked why I was leaving and just said I had another interview to get to.

The kick in the teeth, they never mentioned Excel in the job description. I was applying for a job the doesn't require excel.

Reply - Report abuse

prostyle82 in Lafayette, Louisiana

4 months ago

I had interviews which I did not hear back a second time and they never did let me know how things were going. I think the way they handle things are very rude. They leave us hanging like a date that you don't get a call back from. They should really be better about it.

Reply - Report abuse

jen in Fairbanks, Alaska

4 months ago

Jackie Oh in Chesapeake, Virginia said: Yes, indeed. I consider it a dodged bullet. Those hyenas who interviewed me made it very clear that they were not interested in hiring a woman, and so why they even wasted my time by calling me in is beyond me (except for that EEOC thing, I get that). I was so humiliated that I dropped out of the job market for a long time.

I had a very similar situation. I was a mechanical engineering student and applied for and internship. He asked me how I would I get along with a bunch of men that might act like....men. I answered my questions well and was extremely qualified for the job, but I did not get the job. I found it so belittling, I quit mechanical engineering school and became a teacher. Hopefully I'll flood the market with highly qualified women and other minorities!

Reply - Report abuse

________ in Anytown

4 months ago

Frustrated graduate in Los Angeles, California said: Key signs:

"We're in the process of interviewing others, we'll get back to you." Means: You suck and do not fit what we're looking for.

"I actually have another meeting starting shortly, I'll have HR follow up to share next steps." Means: you talk too damn much and I need a way to get out of this convo.

Weeks without a response even after following up. Means: I'm too busy to respond, hope she/he gets the point.

"The hiring manager is currently on travel for the next week, but I'll get you a response as soon as he returns" Means: We're still interviewing candidates but don't want to let you go until we lock in a candidate...we're trying to see if we can find someone better.

"We'll keep your resume on file." Means: you didn't get the job and never will. We're just being polite. :-)

Good luck job seekers!!!!

I suck, talk too much, don't fit, or get the point, am never the best candidate, and I'm not getting the job and never will.

Some of these places have strung me along for weeks and months and their follow up letter says "we are going for a better fit" when I meet or exceed requirements.

Reply - Report abuse

Trying to be Optimistic as I wait in Tallahassee, Florida

4 months ago

Your post was very informative, and applies a great deal to my interview. I had an interview three weeks ago for a job that I would really like to have. First of all, my interview was scheduled for 1:00 p.m., and I got outside the place 20 minutes early, but it was storming outside. About 10 minutes til 1:00, I thought I had better try to get out of the car and head on in, even though it was still storming. When I tried getting out of the car, I twisted my ankle (don't usually wear high heels)and twisted the heel on my shoe. I then tried to put money into the parking meter, and it seemed to take forever. I dropped my coins twice (keep in mind it was still storming). After all these mishaps, I decided to go on into the interview anyway. While I was heading into the building, my poor umbrella flew back, and I got soaking wet! When I finally got (limped) into the building, I was about six minutes late! The supervisor for the position met me, and was very friendly. I followed her into a room where her supervisor was waiting, and he was watching the clock on the wall. I apologized for being late, and the immediate supervisor also tried to help by explaining my situation. A lot of the things you mentioned in your post did happen! My interview was only 15 minutes long; He didn't seem too interested in what I was saying, no matter how hard I tried to sell myself; he didn't write anything down; and when I asked him when did they expect to make a decision, he replied, "We have more people to interview. You are our first interview. We may make our decision in two weeks, but HR usually takes a long time to process new hires." I didn't feel too good about the interview, and when the immediate supervisor walked me out, she didn't say too much as we walked out. So I left the building soak & wet and unassured. It is now going on four weeks, and still no word!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Needing this job. in Mountain View, California

3 months ago

If the employer schedules the interview process on a Friday in a small town is it likely that I'll be offered the job to start Monday?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

:( in Spring, Texas

3 months ago

I had my second interview about 3 weeks ago with the manager who makes the final hiring decision. Everything that eluded to me landing the job took place:

-Long interview that consisted of him mostly talking/going over my role/the job/the company/etc
-He was engaged and enthusiastic during the entire conversation
-Informed me that he was looking to fill the role ASAP
-Gave me a specific timeline “3 days”
-And the cherry on top, I had a connection (family friend who worked with him for 10+years put in a good word for me)
-After this interview I sent him my ‘thank you’ e-mail and he responded quickly complimenting me on my enthusiasm and my knowledge in the department. Everything went extremely well, I felt like I practically got the job!

Then a full week goes by -- nothing. I go ahead and send him another e-mail with a link to an article we talked about. No reply. I get a bit nervous so I contact his assistant who informs me he “just finished interviews” and should have an answer the following week.

Another week goes by. Today makes about 3 weeks and I just got another e-mail from his assistant, informing me that he still hasn't made a decision and he is STILL conducting interviews (despite mentioning he completed them last week??) I also noticed the job has been reposted on LinkedIn and Indeed about 4 days ago...honestly I don't know what to make of this. Am I even still in the running? What happened? I haven't e-mailed the manager directly since his no reply 2 weeks ago. Should I attempt to contact him again? Maybe just to reiterate my interest in the job? I have no idea what's going on. This goes to show you can have the most perfect interview, but until they extend that offer you really don't know what the outcome is..

Reply - Report abuse

P diddy in Chicago, Illinois

2 months ago

It could mean there waiting on your Background as well and that can take a few days or weeks so it could be positive feedback. Just wait and while you waiting look for other internship have a plan b and c and that way you don't seem needy of them cause u will have other interviews it worked for me now I'm waiting on 2 jobs to call me back I got a second interview with the one that pays the most and waiting on a background check to come back on another. So weight you options.hope this helps.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

SAMMIE in Chicago, Illinois

2 months ago

:( in Spring, Texas said: I had my second interview about 3 weeks ago with the manager who makes the final hiring decision. Everything that eluded to me landing the job took place:

-Long interview that consisted of him mostly talking/going over my role/the job/the company/etc
-And the cherry on top, I had a connection (family friend who worked with him for 10+years put in a good word for me)
-After this interview I sent him my ‘thank you’ e-mail and he responded quickly complimenting me on my enthusiasm and my knowledge in the department. Everything went extremely well, I felt like I practically got the job!

Then a full week goes by -- nothing. I go ahead and send him another e-mail with a link to an article we talked about. No reply. I get a bit nervous so I contact his assistant who informs me he “just finished interviews” and should have an answer the following week.

Another week goes by. Today makes about 3 weeks and I just got another e-mail from his assistant, informing me that he still hasn't made a decision and he is STILL conducting interviews (despite mentioning he completed them last week??) I also noticed the job has been reposted on LinkedIn and Indeed about 4 days ago...honestly I don't know what to make of this. Am I even still in the running? What happened? I haven't e-mailed the manager directly since his no reply 2 weeks ago. Should I attempt to contact him again? Maybe just to reiterate my interest in the job? I have no idea what's going on. This goes to show you can have the most perfect interview, but until they extend that offer you really don't know what the outcome is..

I am in the exact same situation as you right now. I went into an interview out of state (clear across the country, actually) on their dime, had a great 2 hour panel style interview

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

2 months ago

where I even had a prepare a short presentation. The panel of people seemed very interested in me and everyone had kept saying "cannot wait to see you again, work with you" etc. etc. I even knew an individual who was an employee there, just like you! Anyway, I had gotten a phone call from one of the managers who was on the panel of interviewers two days after notifying me that "the hiring director is out of town until after labor day but we all loved you and you WILL be getting a phone call from us". The Thursday after labor day I had followed-up because I hadn't heard any news and the hiring director had e-mailed me and said that he would "be in contact with me shortly". So skip ahead after the weekend, I got a phone call from the other manager telling me that he cannot give me an offer at this time due to "the company's acquisition" and "there are more people involved in the hiring process now" and that he "didn't have a timeline" but that they are "still very interested in my candidacy" I asked him if it had anything to do with my resume or anything about my interview and of course he said no and to keep calling him every week! I mean, I think I would rather them just e-mail me with a no at this point, but still hopeful I will get a phone call eventually since I really did like this particular company

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

2 months ago

I will also be following up with the manager as he directed me to to inquire about if the position had been filled or not, there is no shame in that, especially if you have not been hired by any other company yet!

Reply - Report abuse

Anony-mouse in North Las Vegas, Nevada

2 months ago

Okay, I have a legitimate question. I interviewed for my first job ever a couple days back. It was an entry level position at a company found nation wide.
I thought the interview went well, and after, he shook my hand and said, "I really like you, and think you will fit into this company well. I'm going to put your info out to all our store locations in the city, and if you haven't received a call from anyone in 60 days, come back and see me personally."

This confused me. Did I get the job or not? Or (as a friend said when I told her) was he just being REALLY nice because I have a large rack?
(they were modestly covered, but at a certain point, it's nearly impossible to hide your chest completely and still look professional)
Someone help?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

victoriuh in Leeds, United Kingdom

2 months ago

Hey,
So I had an interview today. It is for a dream job of mine and the interview went amazingly. It was very informal, we had coffee and all body language was positive. I feel i answered the questions thoroughly and after each one he was writing notes and was giving me constant positive feedback on my replies. Kept telling me my answers were 'great' and 'perfect' or 'sounds brilliant'.

Then he told me that he doesn't usually offer the job at an interview but he thinks i'm perfect for the role. Then told me not to rush and buy any clothing for the job as he will provide me with a uniform. We gave a firm, smiley handshake and he told me he'd be in touch within a few hours to discuss further.

He also wanted a copy of my passport.

I still haven't recieved a call and I have MAJOR mixed signals cause I was sure he was saying i've got it, but now I haven't had confirmation i'm second guessing everything and panicking.

Help?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Lol in Washington, District of Columbia

2 months ago

Just assume you are not getting the job until you sign a contract. Until you sign the contract literally anything can happen.

To victoriuh, why would he want your passport in the interview? That's kind of sketchy.

Reply - Report abuse

UnEmployable in Mesa, Arizona

1 month ago

frustrated in Boston in Boston, Massachusetts said: Hi everyone. I really enjoyed reading everyone's posts. It really helps to hear from people going through this difficult job search process.

Can anyone give me some advice right now? I am about to cry. Here's the story: My bf's job got transferred to Boston. I began applying to jobs prior to our move. I had two interviews on 2/18 one which offered the job and one which was ambiguous (let's call them job 1 and job 2 respectively). I waited as long as I could for the 2nd, as it was a better job but after not hearing for two weeks, I accepted the 1st job and was told I could begin training on 3/11. On 3/4, I finally heard back from job 2 that they wanted a second interview on 3/8, after which I was told I would hear from HR .]

The grass may be greener but that's because it gets more manure....

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

UnEmployable in Mesa, Arizona

1 month ago

:( in Spring, Texas said: I had my second interview about 3 weeks ago with the manager who makes the final hiring decision. Everything that eluded to me landing the job took place:

Another week goes by. Today makes about 3 weeks ..

Assume it's all lies until the offer is extended. I've literally gone through 4 interviews, got on a first name basis with the President of the company and introduced as "the new "--insert title here--" only to be passed over for an internal candidate.

I literally had to sell my car to pay bills when that one went south.

I had another that did almost the same thing after 3 interviews, introducing me to the owners, staff, etc as "the new --insert title here--" only to never hear from him again even after a couple of phone calls over a few weeks.

Keep looking, keep interviewing. Go on the interviews but don't put yourself at a disadvantage for any of them. It's all BS until you get the alarm codes and a logon for the computer.

Reply - Report abuse

In need of a change in Ohio

1 month ago

I had an interview with popular company last week. My interview lasted a few minutes less than 30 mins (I was told to allow 30 mins for the interview). This was my third interview and first with the hiring managers. They were extremely friendly and told jokes. However, I am not sure how I feel about the interview. I think that my business background and major may have stood in the way of this production job. They provided me with an ample amount of information about the company. As I answered questions a few times one of them would say "I like your response, but".... so I do not know what to think or how to feel. I need a change.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in Cincinnati, Ohio

1 month ago

In need of a change in Ohio said: I had an interview with popular company last week. My interview lasted a few minutes less than 30 mins (I was told to allow 30 mins for the interview). This was my third interview and first with the hiring managers. They were extremely friendly and told jokes. However, I am not sure how I feel about the interview. I think that my business background and major may have stood in the way of this production job. They provided me with an ample amount of information about the company. As I answered questions a few times one of them would say "I like your response, but".... so I do not know what to think or how to feel. I need a change.

They disagree and expressed their disagreement a few times. Not a good sign. Don't count on this one. And this is just what they're showing you now in the process of the interview... be guaranteed that there will be more disagreements if you accept a potential offer. Think deeper as to why you don't agree with them. And remember that everything that was said before the 'but' essentially cancels out the 'I like your response'. Linguistically speaking.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

In need of a change in Ohio

1 month ago

Charlie in Cincinnati, Ohio said: They disagree and expressed their disagreement a few times. Not a good sign. Don't count on this one. And this is just what they're showing you now in the process of the interview... be guaranteed that there will be more disagreements if you accept a potential offer. Think deeper as to why you don't agree with them. And remember that everything that was said before the 'but' essentially cancels out the 'I like your response'. Linguistically speaking.

Thanks, Charlie! I am a very self-aware and honest person. I left our not feeling confident at all. He was suggesting that I could answer it slightly different....because they would want me to move up in the company. They asked me what I knew about the company and they were impressed with my response. I really have no idea...they didn't ask any questions that I thought they would.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Shyam in Wembley, United Kingdom

1 month ago

Have been giving few interviews recently. Most of the times I very well knew the interviewers response while the interview itself.

I think, our pace of life also makes it evident.
The interviewers want to communicate clear message to the candidate and don't want to waste much time, same goes with the candidate, if they don't find the role as per their expectations, even they communicate it instantly.

With the plethora of job opportunities, everyone wants a right fit, the employer and employee both.

Reply - Report abuse

Avera in Mustang, Oklahoma

24 days ago

sounds very typical from all the 3000 job interviews I've had.

Plaid Mule in Seminole, Florida said: Serious Rant!!! I am so sick of taking assessment tests. I do great on them, in the 90% percentile. But, this last interview took the biscuit. They were half hour late for my interview. They had me fill out this questionnaire that looked like it was on its 1000th generation of being copied. Could barely read the questions with tiny font. Seriously, can't a business ask someone to just type up a new version. It would take an hour.

Then, when I finally go in for the interview HR person announces we want you to take an excel test. Great....another test. So I am already sweating and uncomfortable in my interview clothes. They take me upstairs and sit right in the middle of an open office space which was tiny. It was stifling in there with 10 other employees. They hand me this packet with at least 10 pgs. I just stare at it and ask "How long is this going to take?" "Oh about 45-1hr." What!?! By that time, I was tired, uncomfortable and sweaty. My heart was just not into it. So I started. The instructions were confusing, the data was in this tiny tiny blurry font. I spent a good 10 min squinting. Finally, I get to the part of using excel. The instructions, were totally incomprehensible. I had no idea what they wanted. After 20 mins. I am frustrated did half of the work and wanted to go home. So picked up my stuff and just walked out. They asked why I was leaving and just said I had another interview to get to.

The kick in the teeth, they never mentioned Excel in the job description. I was applying for a job the doesn't require excel.

Reply - Report abuse

24 days ago

ummmm, noooo! the would-be employees just wants a life (or a better one). The employer already has one.

Shyam in Wembley, United Kingdom said: Have been giving few interviews recently. Most of the times I very well knew the interviewers response while the interview itself.

I think, our pace of life also makes it evident.
The interviewers want to communicate clear message to the candidate and don't want to waste much time, same goes with the candidate, if they don't find the role as per their expectations, even they communicate it instantly.

With the plethora of job opportunities, everyone wants a right fit, the employer and employee both.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

24 days ago

Avera in Mustang, Oklahoma said: ummmm, noooo! the would-be employees just wants a life (or a better one). The employer already has one.

CORRECTION: The would-be EMPLOYEE just wants a life. Who couldn't understand that?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

If You Get Caught Between the Moon and in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

20 days ago

sighing in southern, New Jersey said: Things interviewers say that let's you know you won't get an offer

"You’re How Old? ... We’ll Be in Touch."
www.nytimes.com/2016/09/04/opinion/sunday/youre-how-old-well-be-in-touch.html

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

tgpii in Chicago, Illinois

20 days ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: Every interviewee knows when an interview goes great, ok, or bad. You just know.

Inside of one's self you know whether or not you connected well with the interviewer.

More than anything it's the interviewer's body language, facial expressions, and other non word actions that will tell you how the interview is going.

I have had several interviews go well, some even with a day of a working interview. Did not get the job.

Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.