Very Unique Situation. Need Advice!! Need to push employer to make decision!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Danonymous in Palisades Park, New Jersey

54 months ago

So my gf and I looking to change jobs and move in together. (Not change not TO move together. We both wanted job change.)

We applied for a job that was very far away from where we both live, but we both got called in for an interview and they were hiring multiple people.

Turns out we both like the company very much and both want to work there. It started 5 weeks ago with couple phone interviews. I was soon called in for onsite interview which lasted 7.5 hours including lunch, test. I knew I did great and I heard back a day after even though I think they had more candidates and they originally told me that they would tell me in 2 weeks.

My gf, on the other hand, didnt hear back for almost 2 weeks and half after her interview. However, she had an offer, so she called and let them know she needs to know in couple days. They immediately scheduled another interview and she received an offer day after.

While I heard back right after my first onsite interview, they scheduled another interview 2 weeks later. That 2nd round interview was a week ago from current time. I assume this was my last interview, but this time, they would not provide me with a date when they will make the decision.

There was a new manager. At the end, all that was said was that new manager needs to interview more people. (I am almost positive that I am the first one he interviewed). I have interviewed other high up managers... on two different occasions.

I did fairly well on the second onsite interview. I believe this was my 11-12 interview total over 5 weeks. I understand that this new manager who was just hired last week needs to see more people, but I need to know soon.... She already has an offer and she needs to pick a place to stay. We do not know what location to pick. Or even pick a place together. and etc etc...

I do really like this company, but this long process is killing me. How do I push them to make a decision when I dont have an offer? (I wont lie that I do)

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.