"We'll see you later" but, no call back and no response after follow up e-mail.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 68)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Watching the days pass me by in Granada Hills, California

50 months ago

Hello Everyone:

I need some advice, I went on an interview exactly a week ago from today and it seemed to have gone well. The hiring manager let me know for some reason that, I was the only one she called and interviewed and at the end of of interview she stated that, she'll see when she can get me on the Executive Associates calendar. While I was leaving, she turned around and told me, "We'll see you later". A week has passed by, i've sent a follow up letter and no response back from her.

Is this too soon for me to hear back from her or should I forget about this job. I don't want to be pushy so i've sent the follow up e-mail and left it at that. I just can't imagine why she hasn't responded to at the least let me know I have not been chosen. Is she keeping me in limbo because i'm still in the running?

Any responses will be appreciated. Don't leave me hanging like the hiring manager. LOL.

Thank you in advance everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous2010 in silicon valley, California

50 months ago

Hey Watching the days pass me by - This is not unusual in today's job market. I've been to 2 interviews where by I was The FINAL canidate. They flew me to HQ and gave the thumbs up. Then, silence........for a long time. NO follow-up. Finally I heard they decided to fire vs. hire.

Recently I had a phone interview in May, went well. Nothing, Silence. I sent the 'thank you' email. Nothing. I waited a week or more and sent another. Nothing. Waited a few weeks, called the HR person. Nothing. Out of the blue, a colleague of the first phone interview calls me for a phone inteview. Went well. Said he would endorse me to the hiring mgr. Sent the 'thank you' email.
nothing. Silence.

June, and the HR person calls me and asks if I'd be interested in speaking with another mgr about another position. YES!!! Got an offer in last week. May to July. A long time.

Bottom line: Don't give up, be persistent, and persevere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Wow! Congratulations on landing the job! The wait is so agonizing…. I’m very happy for you! Thank you very much for responding to my post. It’s unfortunate but, rather relieving to know this happens elsewhere and yet there is still a possibility that I’m in the running and perhaps they are just moving slow…….
I suppose I will wait until next Thursday to follow up by phone then the end of the month to lose hope. In the meanwhile, I am still looking for other work however, this is about as close as it gets to being my dream job and the opportunity is such a great one, I really want this particular job. It would really make a difference in my career and give me an opportunity to advance even further once I’ve acquired some years of experience with them.
Let’s see how long it takes for them to have some courtesy and respond back to me. (if I’m lucky) and if the stars are aligned, I just might get the job.

Thank you so much for making my day, I will keep you posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

anonymous2010 in silicon valley, California said: Hey Watching the days pass me by - This is not unusual in today's job market. I've been to 2 interviews where by I was The FINAL canidate. They flew me to HQ and gave the thumbs up. Then, silence........for a long time. NO follow-up. Finally I heard they decided to fire vs. hire.

Recently I had a phone interview in May, went well. Nothing, Silence. I sent the 'thank you' email. Nothing. I waited a week or more and sent another. Nothing. Waited a few weeks, called the HR person. Nothing. Out of the blue, a colleague of the first phone interview calls me for a phone inteview. Went well. Said he would endorse me to the hiring mgr. Sent the 'thank you' email.
nothing. Silence.

June, and the HR person calls me and asks if I'd be interested in speaking with another mgr about another position. YES!!! Got an offer in last week. May to July. A long time.

Wow! Congratulations on landing the job! The wait is so agonizing…. I’m very happy for you! Thank you very much for responding to my post. It’s unfortunate but, rather relieving to know this happens elsewhere and yet there is still a possibility that I’m in the running and perhaps they are just moving slow…….
I suppose I will wait until next Thursday to follow up by phone then the end of the month to lose hope. In the meanwhile, I am still looking for other work however, this is about as close as it gets to being my dream job and the opportunity is such a great one, I really want this particular job. It would really make a difference in my career and give me an opportunity to advance even further once I’ve acquired some years of experience with them.
Let’s see how long it takes for them to have some courtesy and respond back to me. (if I’m lucky) and if the stars are aligned, I just might get the job.

Thank you so much for making my day, I will keep you posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

Did she say when they would make a decision on who they were going to hire? I would wait another week, and if you don't hear from her, then call her back again. You don't want to be a pest, but at the same time, you want to find out whether or not you were chosen.

Good luck to you, Watching, and keep us posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

Sorry about that Watching. Keep us posted.

Watching the days pass me by in Los Angeles, California

50 months ago

@Nanlisa

Hi! See, this is where my biggest confusion lies, the hiring manager told me during the interview, "you are the only one I called and interviewed", "I am going to see when I can get you onto the associate executive calendar" and before I was leaving the elevator she told me, "we'll see you later". By what i've read, most hiring managers that are not interested will most likely say something like, "we have other candidates we need to interview, we'll give the person we choose a call by so and so date" she really made it feel as if she's interested in me and wants to bring me in for a second interview, however, when I followed up with her, no response yet so at the moment, I feel as if it can be one of the following: 1) She feels as if it's easier to avoid me rather than let me down so there will be no "confrontation" 2) She decided someone else is her 1st choice and is leaving me in limbo so she can fall back on me in case the candidate of choice rejects the offer 3) She doesn't want to reply back yet because she simply doesn't know due to an over load and hasn't gotten around to me yet or there was no response from the Associate Executive as to when she can squeeze me in her calender. So much goes through your head when there is no closure.... i've read stories about the hiring process taking months as (Anonymous 2010) has posted and then there's the lucky ones that get hired within a week. It's really disappointing when you can't even get a simple, "I'm still trying to schedule you in with the executive associate" or "we've decided to go with another candidate who is more suitable for the position"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Watching the days pass me by in Los Angeles, California

50 months ago

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania said: Sorry about that Watching. Keep us posted.

Thank you for asking, I will keep you and everyone on this thread posted. I really appreciate everyone's post, it helps relieve some agony to hear other peoples experience and concern especially to know that they still got hired being in the same position as me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Samuel Pichardo in North Miami, Florida said: We're only here to help brother / sister.

(Sister) Thank you! I really appreciate everyones post.

50 months ago

Samuel Pichardo in North Miami, Florida said: We're only here to help brother / sister.

(Sister) Thank you! I really appreciate everyones post.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

So, I sent a follow up e-mail Thursday of last week and have heard nothing yet. I can't imagine she is not seeing my e-mails when she's replied to them before and I don't know why a brief update is so hard to provide me with. If I don't hear a response from her I will let it be and forget about this place. Hopefully, she will be courteous enough to at least provide me with a rejection notice being that I took my time to go interview with her. It's been one week and 2 days that has felt like 3 weeks. I will keep everyone posted if anything. Keep your fingers crossed for me :)

Curious in Granada Hills, California

50 months ago

Update:

I decided to call after no response from my follow up and the hiring manager answered the phone. I didn't get to move on to the next round :( While I was on the phone with her she pretty much was very quiet. She would only speak when I asked her a question instead of getting to the bottom line and saying, you didn't make it or we're not interested. If she would have just responded back to my e-mail follow up, she would have relieved alot of anxiety and waiting around.

Well, I suppose when it's my time it will come. Thank you all for your responses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CHUNTER in Acworth, Georgia

49 months ago

I'm sorry to hear that. Be heartened though. About 5 years ago, I interviewed for a job and didn't get it. I agonaized over it... A few months later, I got a job making roughly 5 times more and am now interviewing within for a better spot with more room for growth.

These words are from my friend Art that helped me to be patient after I have done all I can with follow-up. It is the definition of the word "Wait" and religous in manner (I am Christian). I am not trying to press my views on anyone but this helped me so I hope it might help others :

"To remain inactive or in a state of repose, as until something expected happens; to be available or in readiness; to remain neglected for awhile; to postpone or delay something or to be delayed; to look forward to eagerly. Waiting most certainly requires Patience; Patience and Faith. Faith without Works is dead thus, waiting in itself is the Work of Faith. Wait upon the Lord: Be of good courage and He shall Strengthen thine Heart: "Wait, I say, on the Lord(Psalm 27;14 KJV)." I am sure that the most difficult thing is to do nothing, abstain or Wait. Is is not a natural human action; it is lack of action and it is in that time which we Wait that God is in action. The Wait is the evidence of Faith. However Faithful, Waiting can be uncomfortable as expresseed in the Psalms - "I am weary of crying; my throat is dried; mine eyes fail while I Wait for my God (Psalm 69;3KJV)." God never fails as we should never fail to Wait!"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Confused in Las Vegas, Nevada

39 months ago

Hello. I went to an interview on June 6, 2011. I thought the interview went really well. When she saw my resume, she specified that I was to over qualified for the position I applied. Anyways, after the interview she said "I will call this week, if not next week". She never called so I called her before the end of the second week and left her a message. She still hasn't called me back. I feel that she probably hired someone else. I'm confused since the interview went so well and I was really positive that she was going to offer me the position. Should I call her back and tell her that if there is another position available to keep in mind, or is that being a pest? I feel so disappointed :(

Confused in Las Vegas, Nevada

39 months ago

Hello. I went to an interview on June 6, 2011. I thought the interview went really well. When she saw my resume, she specified that I was to over qualified for the position I applied. Anyways, after the interview she said "I will call you this week, if not next week". She never called so I called her before the end of the second week and left her a message. She still hasn't called me back. I feel that she probably hired someone else. I'm confused since the interview went so well and I was really positive that she was going to offer me the position. Should I call her back and tell her that if there is another position available to keep in mind, or is that being a pest? I feel so disappointed :(

BOOBOO in Bridgnorth, United Kingdom

33 months ago

I have one question to all recruitment consultants I mean sales people good god, What does manners cost to let some one know how they have done on a job interview. I will tell you what manners cost NOTHING. By not notifying people all you are doing is making it obvious how unprofessional u really are. I can deal with disappointment but bad manners no im sorry thats just rude.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

33 months ago

BOOBOO in Bridgnorth, United Kingdom said: I have one question to all recruitment consultants I mean sales people good god, What does manners cost to let some one know how they have done on a job interview. I will tell you what manners cost NOTHING. By not notifying people all you are doing is making it obvious how unprofessional u really are. I can deal with disappointment but bad manners no im sorry thats just rude.

If you are looking for a little common courtesy, job hunting ain't for you. Ha!

Regardless of the story, never wait for them to call you. Just keeping applying for other jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

33 months ago

Bluetea is correct. Notice, feedback, professionalism and common courtesy are not things for which you should be looking in the job hunting and interviewing game, as brutal as that sounds. You must keep expectations in check and keep moving forward.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dontwanttobea99er in Somerville, Massachusetts

33 months ago

Isn't it strange that a lot of these stories sound like asking for a second date from someone who isn't interested, but doesn't have the guts to say so?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

stay-the-course in London, United Kingdom

33 months ago

Hi All,
It's tough out there, I know but ...stay the course! Every winter has its end, no spring misses its turn...

www.stay-the-course.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dontwanttobea99er in Somerville, Massachusetts

33 months ago

I actually once answered the "we have a few more candidates to interview" with "you could tell them you found me, you know" with a wink. The cross-eyed, no brain in la cabeza look I got from the HR as she tried to comprehend humor was classic, and the position sucked anyway.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sal in Salt Lake City, Utah

33 months ago

Sometimes it just makes you wonder if they are really ready to hire someone. They want someone who has it all, industry experience, knowledge of their special software, graduated at the top of your class, young so insurance premiums will not be costly, single with no young children at home that you will need time off for when they get sick or elderly parents that don't drive and need to get to doctors appointments, someone who will accept low wages. Maybe someone in the class of 2012 will fit the bill...oh but they need training. Which should you choose the education or the experience?

Bluetea in Texas

33 months ago

Sal in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Sometimes it just makes you wonder if they are really ready to hire someone. They want someone who has it all, industry experience, knowledge of their special software, graduated at the top of your class, young so insurance premiums will not be costly, single with no young children at home that you will need time off for when they get sick or elderly parents that don't drive and need to get to doctors appointments, someone who will accept low wages. Maybe someone in the class of 2012 will fit the bill...oh but they need training. Which should you choose the education or the experience?

They also want someone who speaks Mandarin and Polish and is willing to work nights, weekends and Christmas Day. Heh!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Wondering... in Albany, New York

32 months ago

You have that first screening interview and all goes well. The staffing person says your resume is going to the hiring manager and you'll hear back the next week. If 9 out of 10 times there isn't a second interview, doesn't it leave you wondering why?

Assuming something you said or did during the interview resulted in no follow-up from the staffing person or hiring manager, what possibilities are there...other than a candidate that impressed them more or the position being cancelled?

Could it have been a joke you made, the sound of your voice or perhaps that they (either the staffing person or, more likely, the hiring manager) suddenly decided you were too old?

Or is it just a fact of life that you'll be declined for a second interview 9 times out of 10 when you're fully qualified and the interview seemed to go really well?

Confused... in Richardson, Texas

32 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: "We'll be in touch".
"We have a few more candidates to interview".
"The boss is in Hawaii".
"We have a hiring freeze".

All of this means just one thing: Keep applying for other jobs. Heh!

Thanks. I am guessing I should simply move on, but would still like an input. I was connected to this person who owns a company via a mutual contact. I work independently consulting in technology (business isn't that great, though). We met sometime in October, 2011 and had a meeting where we discussed mutual business relationships.

Middle of December, I get a call from him and he asks me to come over, but doesn't tell me it is an interview. I talk with him and his employee, and soon enough I realize it is an interview. It ends well and he asks me to give him a number on the salary. At this point...he still doesn't have my resume.

Next morning I call him and give him the number after asking when the position would start and the benefits package, and he asks me to mail my resume, which I do so.

End of December, he sends an email thanking me for the resume and saying that he needs 3 weeks or so to make a final decision and that he has several candidates to interview. I follow up 3 weeks since- left two phone messages and sent an email, and haven't heard back.

I guess it is indeed Response no. 2? Just want closure from my fellow job-seekers.

Bluetea in Texas

32 months ago

Confused... in Richardson, Texas said: Thanks. I am guessing I should simply move on, but would still like an input. I was connected to this person who owns a company via a mutual contact. I work independently consulting in technology (business isn't that great, though). We met sometime in October, 2011 and had a meeting where we discussed mutual business relationships.

Middle of December, I get a call from him and he asks me to come over, but doesn't tell me it is an interview. I talk with him and his employee, and soon enough I realize it is an interview. It ends well and he asks me to give him a number on the salary. At this point...he still doesn't have my resume.

Next morning I call him and give him the number after asking when the position would start and the benefits package, and he asks me to mail my resume, which I do so.

End of December, he sends an email thanking me for the resume and saying that he needs 3 weeks or so to make a final decision and that he has several candidates to interview. I follow up 3 weeks since- left two phone messages and sent an email, and haven't heard back.

I guess it is indeed Response no. 2? Just want closure from my fellow job-seekers.

You have to put your own time limit on all this waiting and wondering. Also remember that no company is going to tell you that you didn't get the job unless you press them.

Personally, I think you have done all you can.

Confused... in Richardson, Texas

32 months ago

Thanks for your response, BlueTea. It so happens I just got an email a few moments ago from the employer saying that he is not interested in hiring someone with my qualifications at this time, as I had predicted. I appreciate that from him.

Bluetea in Texas

32 months ago

Confused... in Richardson, Texas said: Thanks for your response, BlueTea. It so happens I just got an email a few moments ago from the employer saying that he is not interested in hiring someone with my qualifications at this time, as I had predicted. I appreciate that from him.

Most of the time, if you are not the candidate of their choice, you won't hear anything. If you are looking for common courtesy, job hunting ain't for you. You need to put your own time limit on the waiting and wondering.

Good Luck!

Confused...but somewhat Enlightened now in Richardson, Texas

32 months ago

"If you are looking for common courtesy, job hunting ain't for you. You need to put your own time limit on the waiting and wondering. "

I don't exactly look for common courtesy on every job I apply for. This was the closest I had gotten to one and hence the vested interest :). But yes, thanks for the heads-up.

32 months ago

That whole scenario was ridiculous, confused. They call you up and ask you to come in. You don't know it's an interview, but it is. They never see your resume and then ask for it the next day. And then he sandbags you? Seriously, wtf is up with these people? That's just downright bizarre and unprofessional, although giving you notice back was ultimately nice. Who interviews someone without a resume in front of them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

@Parafreegal: Well, I guess I am somewhat glad I got an interview, considering I've not been called for a single one in the last 2 yrs or so. The way the interview ended, I felt that I was going to get the job. Maybe it is my fault for assessing it thus based on how it went- he said he liked me and how I communicated (something he said back in October when I met him first) and I looked too much into such SSDC's (same spiel, different candidate). I do appreciate responding to me after my 3rd attempt at communication, nonetheless.

However, the funny thing is he said in his email that he was not going to hire a ___________________ (what he thinks my profession is), whereas I am actually ____________________ (something I clearly stated when I met him in Oct and in Dec during my interview). Well...what can one do?

(Sorry if I am withholding the information in blanks. It is for my privacy)

32 months ago

It's definitely a positive that you got an interview. That's what you should take away from this whole experience and forget the rest. Build upon that positive. I've had plenty of strange and unprofessional interview experiences. Digest it, get it out of your system, use the positive and move forward in time.

32 months ago

Thanks, Parafreegal. It is a very hard situation for me since my business as a consultant is not doing well- especially since a few prospective clients ended up shelving their projects- and I have made exactly $0.00 in the last 3-4 months. My wife's business is what is essentially supporting us and it is very hard and depressing to live paycheck-to-paycheck and not provide for us (thankfully, we have no kids). I will be 38 soon and I cannot help but think that even an increase in jobs is going to result in a younger candidate chosen over me in my field. Thanks to my Ph.D., I cannot even get people to call me back for jobs to bag groceries and I am ready to (and applied for) do even that to provide something for the both of us. I still hope to remain positive going forth, nonetheless.

John Smith in Amman, Jordan

31 months ago

I interviewed for my dream job two weeks ago via skype. The job is located in Europe, and both interviews went well (one with the hiring manager and the other with the head of HR). When I inquired about the interview process, both told me that they will meet each other end of the week to discuss my suitability. However, the head of HR mentioned that she is busy because the following week she is on vacation for a week. After each interview I sent a thank you email to each. The hiring manager responded and said we will be in touch, and the HR manager sent nothing back.

Two weeks have passed today, and I emailed the hiring manager inquiring about the position and to follow up. I also mentioned how interested I am in this position, and how this position suits me. I further explained the benefits I would gain from being recruited by this organization. I think I covered all the basics. I still heard nothing from the hiring manager. Do you think that I should email the head of HR towards the end of the week?

This is my dream job, and really want it. any advice?

Not4now in Toronto, Ontario

26 months ago

This is all well and good, but frankly, I agree that common courtesy should be given to ANYONE who receives an interview.

Sorry, i've given you MY TIME, the least you can do is have the decency to tell me it didn't work out.

Recently went to an interview on a Wednesday, it lasted 45 minutes, they called me back 30 minutes after leaving thei office for a follow up interview on the Friday, after an hour and fifteen minutes interview we parted ways... its been a week and i'm still waiting to hear word of yay or nay.

HR people are scum.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

26 months ago

Not4now in Toronto, Ontario said: This is all well and good, but frankly, I agree that common courtesy should be given to ANYONE who receives an interview.

Sorry, i've given you MY TIME, the least you can do is have the decency to tell me it didn't work out.

Recently went to an interview on a Wednesday, it lasted 45 minutes, they called me back 30 minutes after leaving thei office for a follow up interview on the Friday, after an hour and fifteen minutes interview we parted ways... its been a week and i'm still waiting to hear word of yay or nay.

HR people are scum.

And of course, should they give you the job, I know you will tell them just how unprofessional they are huh? LOL!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jeff2020 in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

26 months ago

anonymous2010 in silicon valley, California said: Hey Watching the days pass me by - This is not unusual in today's job market. I've been to 2 interviews where by I was The FINAL canidate. They flew me to HQ and gave the thumbs up. Then, silence........for a long time. NO follow-up. Finally I heard they decided to fire vs. hire.

nothing. Silence.

I totally agree, be persistent. I had posted about an interview I had with a big company that went well. It is down to me and another candidate.I had the final in person interview with the president on July 2nd. This is AFTER 2-3 phone interviews in May. I sent the follow up thank you email July3rd. Still no word, no email. no phone call. I am hesitant to email HR to ask if the position is still open (i'm quite sure it is because it's still on their job board). They just don't seem too rushed to hire since it's not an executive or manager level position. Point is, this process has been going on since May and I still have hope. Mind you, it has not stopped me from applying to other jobs and accepting other interviews. I just hope my situation ends up like yours above with a job offer after waiting several months :) best of luck to all in their job search, there IS light at the end of the tunnel. it's just a darn long tunnel :)

26 months ago

That's ridiculous, Jeff, and shows you how much respect employers have for prospective employees these days. What's to stop talent they could use from going elsewhere such that they miss out on it and possibly have to start over? If you're not the one, then what's stopping them from giving you notice? Wouldn't giving notice back be the professional and courteous thing to do?

Oh, that's right, employers don't show professionalism or courtesy anymore. I forgot.

Job hunting is stressful enough. And employers pile on top of that: three phone interviews, two in-person interviews, two months of time and then no notice. It's enough to drive a guy to...

jeff in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

26 months ago

yes at this point, i'm getting frustrated. i told myself I was NOT going to look desperate and send an email to the manager that interviewed me asking if the position is still open or if they chose the other candidate but at this point, i feel i have nothing to lose so i think i will email him. any advice? email or no email about the status?

Bluetea in Texas

26 months ago

jeff in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina said: yes at this point, i'm getting frustrated. i told myself I was NOT going to look desperate and send an email to the manager that interviewed me asking if the position is still open or if they chose the other candidate but at this point, i feel i have nothing to lose so i think i will email him. any advice? email or no email about the status?

No email. Too easy to be ignored. They get 100 a day.

Bake them a dozen cupcakes and deliver them in person. Say, "I was just in the area and I thought I'd drop by and see what the status is?" You said you had nothing to lose right? LOL!

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

26 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: No email. Too easy to be ignored. They get 100 a day.

Bake them a dozen cupcakes and deliver them in person. Say, "I was just in the area and I thought I'd drop by and see what the status is?" You said you had nothing to lose right? LOL!

I want pictures. Maybe some fishnet stockings too.

26 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: No email. Too easy to be ignored. They get 100 a day.

Lol seriously right? My girlfriend happen to be a great baker too :)too bad it's a 2 hr drive. Thing is, the HR recruiter would respond to my emails within minutes, she was quick that way. I think I will wait a few more days before sending any email. Things are slow in the south :)

John in Catonsville, Maryland

26 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: I want pictures. Maybe some fishnet stockings too.

Is that going to be YOU in the fishnet stockings? :)))

Joe Gagill in Poughkeepsie, New York

26 months ago

jeff2020 in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina said: Lol seriously right? My girlfriend happen to be a great baker too :)too bad it's a 2 hr drive. Thing is, the HR recruiter would respond to my emails within minutes, she was quick that way. I think I will wait a few more days before sending any email. Things are slow in the south :)

No need to send another email Jeff. They know very well who you are at this point. You don't want to ever appear desperate. Even if the house is gone and you are living in a tent now.

26 months ago

John in Catonsville, Maryland said: Is that going to be YOU in the fishnet stockings? :)))

Because of this job search, you just might see me on the news one day.

26 months ago

John in Catonsville, Maryland said: Is that going to be YOU in the fishnet stockings? :)))

Because of this job search, you just might see me on the news one day.

26 months ago

Does appearing to be desperate turn an employer off of wanting to hire you? Seriously? They either want you or they don't want you.

John in Catonsville, Maryland

26 months ago

Joe Gagill in Poughkeepsie, New York said: Because of this job search, you just might see me on the news one day.

Saw my fill this morning..... a woman took a scooter on to an escalator.... google it if you don't believe me and watch the video..... she might get a mention on the Darwin Awards, or at least she should.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois said: Does appearing to be desperate turn an employer off of wanting to hire you? Seriously? They either want you or they don't want you.

I would never call to check the status of the position. I would not go that far. The more I think of it, the more I agree with Joe. They know who I am at this point especially after all these interviews. So I guess the waiting game continues lol. I will keep you guys posted :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

jeff2020 in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina said: I would never call to check the status of the position. I would not go that far. The more I think of it, the more I agree with Joe. They know who I am at this point especially after all these interviews. So I guess the waiting game continues lol. I will keep you guys posted :)

Now you got it!

Go sit in your tent, cook some weenies, and try not to think about it.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.