background check for pending cases

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 53)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

anonymous in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

In many areas of the country an actual hearing even if a preliminary one has had to actually taken place for your case be in accessable public records. Even if they search court dockets it will only show up as a pending case. Unless they ask you have you ever been arrested or charged with a crime you are not convicted until you are convicted.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Ronnie in Mays Landing, New Jersey

54 months ago

I can tell you I have pending charges and it is preventing me from finding employment. I have recieved two offers and a third today. I was turned down on the first two, and im praying to get the third. It sucks because it says convicted, Im not, I too Im fighting!! UUGGHH

Reply - Report abuse

a_new_yorker in New York, New York

50 months ago

I was asked if I was ever convicted, and the answer was "NO." I was then asked if there are any pending charges which may change the above answers, and I had to answer "YES" to a minor criminal charge.

The firm retracted their offer.

So, regarding "Bobby Digital" (and I'm not an HR person, but an applicant):
"If so, will they use this against me? The application does not ask me about pending cases for arrests. " The firm DID use it against me, but also did ask about pending cases.

Reply - Report abuse

zacharywilliams in philadelphia, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

A worried person in San Francisco, California said: I was arrested recently for a misdemeanor drug offense. I am eligible for the PC!00 diversion program here in CA. as I have no previous offenses on my record,.. This program absolves an offense. The offense remains a non conviction pending completion of the program. I enrolled in the program . I have only had my 1st court date with a public defender who convinced the judge to offer me PC100. It has only been a month since my arrest...... I was recently (last week) offered a F/T job with a large company. They rescinded the offer after a background check. I contacted their HR to find out the issue. I was told they would call me back. They did not. It is not a conviction? but it appeared somehow? that fast? I am guessing they refused to speak to me about it, because that would be admitting that they ignored California law and used a non conviction against me in deciding to not hire me. I did not lie on my application. It asked about convictions only....

Anybody have any input. would be appreciated.

to my understanding that if the company ignored this CA law.. they owe you $10,000... contact a lawyer ASAP

Reply - Report abuse

tovirtualgod in Milpitas, California

45 months ago

Also remember, if the community service or fine or any punishment is not ordered by the judge of the court but is an agreement bet the defendant and the prosecutor, feds and immigration won't treat it as conviction.

Reply - Report abuse

Frank in Montréal, Quebec

40 months ago

Ronnie in Mays Landing, New Jersey said: I can tell you I have pending charges and it is preventing me from finding employment. I have recieved two offers and a third today. I was turned down on the first two, and im praying to get the third. It sucks because it says convicted, Im not, I too Im fighting!! UUGGHH

I hear you.. I've was charged 5 years ago and my court dates have either been delayed or postponed. I've had 7 job offers in this time and gotten rejected all 7.. It sucks cause it seems your guilty until your proven innocent in there eyes

Reply - Report abuse

Someone who is worried as wel in Los Angeles, California

39 months ago

A worried person in San Francisco, California said: I was arrested recently for a misdemeanor drug offense. I am eligible for the PC!00 diversion program here in CA. as I have no previous offenses on my record,.. This program absolves an offense. The offense remains a non conviction pending completion of the program. I enrolled in the program . I have only had my 1st court date with a public defender who convinced the judge to offer me PC100. It has only been a month since my arrest...... I was recently (last week) offered a F/T job with a large company. They rescinded the offer after a background check. I contacted their HR to find out the issue. I was told they would call me back. They did not. It is not a conviction? but it appeared somehow? that fast? I am guessing they refused to speak to me about it, because that would be admitting that they ignored California law and used a non conviction against me in deciding to not hire me. I did not lie on my application. It asked about convictions only...."

Anybody have any input. would be appreciated.

What was the result here?

Reply - Report abuse

John d. in New York

37 months ago

Did they end up telling you what your charges were?

Reply - Report abuse

Pwpotter

35 months ago

If I have a pending misdemeanor simple possession charge in a different state from where I live will that be a issue with me finding in my home state, charge was in TN I stay in MO

Reply - Report abuse

liina in Durham, North Carolina

19 months ago

I was not arrested but charged the case is pending but will be dismissed once I do my community service.The charges are misdemeanor. Will the pending charges show up on my background check.

Reply - Report abuse

mr accountant in Staten Island, New York

15 months ago

I have 2 pending felonies and 1 misdemeanor charges in nyc. I applied for the job I needed to start my career. I was worried sick about the charges and that they wouldn't take me because of them. Well the interview went great, they sent me paperwork to fill out which in did immediately and sent it back. The same night they basically said I'm in pending my background check which made my heart drop. Having no choice I agreed with it to continue the process. After that I didn't hear from them for 4 days so I e-maled them regarding the status. Human resources sent back an e-mail apologizing for the delay and said they will send me the start date asap. The next day they gave me the job and i start monday. So point of the story is even if you have pending charges it doesn't disqualify you from the job, everyone gets worried when things are out of your control but always have faith.

Reply - Report abuse

Trying to Help in Detroit, Michigan

15 months ago

Whatever shows up on your background can have an impact on whether or not you get hired IF the charges have to do with 1) the job you're doing itself 2) a reasonable amount of time has passed 3) the severity of the crime. For example, if you were charged with assault on a co worker two years ago that resulted in a fight regarding the chair in the breakroom, a company can reject you as a candidate if they have a concern with this happening again. It was only two years ago, you'd be using a breakroom again and you didn't have any anger management classes that would allay our fears of it happening again.
If it's a DUI from 4 years ago and you have to drive for your current position? Yes, they could reject you. Keep in mind, you will be on THEIR insurance (not medical, but business operations) and if they see you as a potential risk based on previous behavior, they can in fact reject you.
I'm not a lawyer, however, and rules change from state to state and from company to company.

Reply - Report abuse

TechNerd in Bronx, New York

13 months ago

mr accountant in Staten Island, New York said: I have 2 pending felonies and 1 misdemeanor charges in nyc. I applied for the job I needed to start my career. I was worried sick about the charges and that they wouldn't take me because of them. Well the interview went great, they sent me paperwork to fill out which in did immediately and sent it back. The same night they basically said I'm in pending my background check which made my heart drop. Having no choice I agreed with it to continue the process. After that I didn't hear from them for 4 days so I e-maled them regarding the status. Human resources sent back an e-mail apologizing for the delay and said they will send me the start date asap. The next day they gave me the job and i start monday. So point of the story is even if you have pending charges it doesn't disqualify you from the job, everyone gets worried when things are out of your control but always have faith.

I'm in the same boat as you. I have a few pending Felony charges that are hopefully going to be reduced to violation a less than 2 weeks. First time offense and I have a few things on my side. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of job was it for? What field? I'm currently interviewing for 3 different jobs in my field.

Reply - Report abuse

ewill0528 in Los Angeles, California

12 months ago

I honestly feel even with pending cases. Jobs still look at you as if you are guilty, which is not fair. I honestly feel like there is no due process and really feels like a catch 22.

Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

ewill0528 in Los Angeles, California said: I honestly feel even with pending cases. Jobs still look at you as if you are guilty, which is not fair. I honestly feel like there is no due process and really feels like a catch 22.

I agree. And there should be laws against that. I ran for the US Congress in the Jun 28, 2016 Democratic Primary (and lost overwhelmingly) and had I won, that would have been a good thing to legislate. It's sort of like asking "have you been arrested" which should be illegal to ask, but isn't. Sigh.

Reply - Report abuse

Hunter in Saint Paul, Minnesota

12 months ago

Just adding my 2 cents to this subject. I have no criminal record, have never been arrested, but when I was 18 I had a cop pull broadside in front of me on an interstate. I avoided the accident, but he was in a bad mood and wrote me up on a number of serious (criminal) traffic violations. I went to tons of pre-trials and arraignments because i didn't understand my rights or how the system worked at the time, and let them drag me through the weeds for a year. After they could drag it out no further, they had to admit they had "lost" the dash cam footage of the incident (because it showed the cop breaking every policy and traffic law you could in a stop, he literally tried to run me off the road), and without the evidence they claimed they had, all of my charges were dismissed.

I tell you that, because even though everything was dismissed, when I applied for my first career job after college (4 years after they were dismissed, 5 years after the incident) and they ran the background check, EVERY CHARGE showed up on my record. They all showed being dismissed, but they were there none the less. Had I been applying to a job that required me to drive a company vehicle or drive passengers or cargo, this cold have cost me the job regardless of my conviction.

I tell you all this because if I were you I would assume that any and run-ins with our wonderful judicial system will and do show up on your background check regardless of the case outcome.

I honestly dont understand how it is legal to report charges you have been found innocent of, but our justice system rarely cares about what is just.

Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

I'm not a lawyer, but you should go to court and get a judge to preferably expunge or alternately seal those cases. If you got them expunged, the arrest would not appear in your records. And in some cases (unfortunately not all cases ), you could even say that the incident never happened– – but that's a matter for a lawyer to tell you.

Reply - Report abuse

paulozus in Roseville, California

11 months ago

I was arrested because I had a bench warrant for traffic tickets and I didn't know. A police officer pulled me over and took me to jail. I was there just for 6 hrs. U went to court already and I don't have jail time or nothing like that. My question is if that incident is gonna prevent me to get a job??

Reply - Report abuse

Questions in San Jose, California

11 months ago

I was given a citation for pety tefth in may 2016, i was not arrested. My case was sent to diversion program and i did community service hours and attended a class. After this, i was told my case would be dismissed.

1. Will the details of my case be disclosed on a background check? Or only the fact that it was Dismissed.
2. How does this affect employment?

Thank you all

Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed in Tennessee

10 months ago

The answer is YES.
Unfortunately it's guilty until proven innocent if you have a pending case.
I've already been turned down for 3 jobs.
I cannot wait until this ordeal is done with.
And once I'm proven innocent, I want to press charges for defamation of character due to the multiple jobs I've lost due to the case.

Reply - Report abuse

Chappy78 in Tampa, Florida

8 months ago

I have an open warrant in michigan for ditching felony probation 15 years ago and moved to florida. Michigan does not want to extradict. I just signed for a pre employment background check and i know florida only allows checks to go back 7 years. Would the open warrant show?

Reply - Report abuse

jon in Central Islip, New York

7 months ago

Chappy78 in Tampa, Florida said: I have an open warrant in michigan for ditching felony probation 15 years ago and moved to florida. Michigan does not want to extradict. I just signed for a pre employment background check and i know florida only allows checks to go back 7 years. Would the open warrant show?

from what i know it doesn't come up on a background check.

Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

Perhaps it would be better if you EXPUNGE the Michigan violation. Maybe you (or a friend) can Michigan Police expungement of records to see what they say. (M-F 10-5). You might want to look at the form (which I don't understand)
www.sado.org/content/pub/10007_Expunging-Adult-Convictions.pdf

Michigan has a page with several phone numbers; to do so, Google this:
michigan Search, Modify, Locate, Set Aside or Expungement of Criminal History Records

or go to
www.sado.org/
which is for: MichiganState Appellate Defender Officeand Criminal Defense Resource Center
(phone numbers on that page)
I'd suggest not doing it on a cell phone or home phone which can be traced to you, in case you're still wanted, or in case they're vengeful even if the statute of limitations expired. One never knows.

Reply - Report abuse

jon in Central Islip, New York

7 months ago

i have an open case and can't get a job. my felony will be dropped to a A misdemeanor in 3/08/2018. does this mean that i wot be able to get a job until i am finished with rehab?

Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

a_new_yorker in New York, New York said: Perhaps it would be better if you EXPUNGE the Michigan violation. Maybe you (or a friend) can Michigan Police expungement of records to see what they say. (M-F 10-5). You might want to look at the form (which I don't understand)
www.sado.org/content/pub/10007_Expunging-Adult-Convictions.pdf

Michigan has a page with several phone numbers; to do so, Google this:
michigan Search, Modify, Locate, Set Aside or Expungement of Criminal History Records

or go to
www.sado.org/
which is for: MichiganState Appellate Defender Officeand Criminal Defense Resource Center
(phone numbers on that page)
I'd suggest not doing it on a cell phone or home phone which can be traced to you, in case you're still wanted, or in case they're vengeful even if the statute of limitations expired. One never knows.

Tue Nov 29 2016 1pm. Update. for the benefit of "Chappy78 in Tampa, Florida" I just got a call from the Michigan police in response to my voicemail, and they say
a) Expungement will NOT work if there's an outstanding warrant
b) They say you should call the original agency, and they need to get involved. There is NO statute of limitations on a warrant.

So, I can say quite easily that "Dude, get a lawyer", so you don't have this hanging over your head.

Reply - Report abuse

Fanie in Brooklyn, New York

7 months ago

mr accountant in Staten Island, New York said: I have 2 pending felonies and 1 misdemeanor charges in nyc. I applied for the job I needed to start my career. I was worried sick about the charges and that they wouldn't take me because of them. Well the interview went great, they sent me paperwork to fill out which in did immediately and sent it back. The same night they basically said I'm in pending my background check which made my heart drop. Having no choice I agreed with it to continue the process. After that I didn't hear from them for 4 days so I e-maled them regarding the status. Human resources sent back an e-mail apologizing for the delay and said they will send me the start date asap. The next day they gave me the job and i start monday. So point of the story is even if you have pending charges it doesn't disqualify you from the job, everyone gets worried when things are out of your control but always have faith.

BEST AND MOST INFORMATIVE COMMENT ON HERE. I'M IN THE SAME SITUATION RIGHT NOW. I WAS OFFERED A GREAT JOB OPPORTUNITY, WAS SUPPOSED TO START TOMORROW (12/12/16) BUT BECAUSE MY BACKGROUND CHECK IS TAKING LONGER THAN WHAT IT SHOULD (1 WEEK TOMORROW)I'M NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO START WORK TOMORROW. I HAVE ONE PENDING FELONY AND I FIGURED THAT THE REASON WHY THEY DIDN'T GET MY BACKGROUND RESULTS BACK IS BECAUSE OF THAT. I WAS NERVOUS AND WORRIED ABOUT WHAT MAY HAPPEN BUT AFTER READING YOUR COMMENT I'M FEELING MUCH BETTER AND MORE OPTIMISTIC ABOUT THE OUTCOME. I'M HAVING FAITH AND I'M STAYING POSITIVE. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!!!

Reply - Report abuse

Anthony in Lakeland, Florida

7 months ago

Ronnie in Mays Landing, New Jersey said: I can tell you I have pending charges and it is preventing me from finding employment. I have recieved two offers and a third today. I was turned down on the first two, and im praying to get the third. It sucks because it says convicted, Im not, I too Im fighting!! UUGGHH

I've gotten 7 jobs but the had every single offer rescinded due to a pending case on my background. In America, a pending Cassville means you're guilty and it's insanely frustrating

Reply - Report abuse

debttwenty in Monument, Colorado

7 months ago

I just found out I have a warrant out for me in Texas for a check my ex-husband wrote but my name was on the account. The warrant was issued in 2008 for theft of Service >$500 <$1500. My ex and I separated in March of 2008 and our divorce was final in 2009, he passed away in 2014.
So my question, is this going to show up on my background check for employment in Colorado?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

forbslist in Atlanta, Georgia

6 months ago

anonymous in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: In many areas of the country an actual hearing even if a preliminary one has had to actually taken place for your case be in accessable public records. Even if they search court dockets it will only show up as a pending case. Unless they ask you have you ever been arrested or charged with a crime you are not convicted until you are convicted.

So if they ask, can I lie and say no, and get away with it?

Reply - Report abuse

Random in Plano, Texas

6 months ago

forbslist in Atlanta, Georgia said: So if they ask, can I lie and say no, and get away with it?

You have to read the question carefully. Depending on how the question is formatted:

Some applications will only ask you if you have a felony conviction. Others will ask if you have a felony or misdemeanor convictions. If your case was dismissed or deferred (you plead "guilty" or "no contest" and the case was deferred after completing probation, classes, community service, etc) then it's still not a conviction and you can answer "No" if asked if you have any convictions. However, some applications even ask if you plead "no contest" or "guilty" on any charge and if your case was deferred. Then you have to answer "Yes".

The devil is in the details here. Lying won't get you far though. You may get the job and get fired a week later because the background check came back.

Reply - Report abuse

King in Johnson City, Tennessee

5 months ago

Unemployed in Tennessee said: The answer is YES.
Unfortunately it's guilty until proven innocent if you have a pending case.
I've already been turned down for 3 jobs.
I cannot wait until this ordeal is done with.
And once I'm proven innocent, I want to press charges for defamation of character due to the multiple jobs I've lost due to the case.

Was charges out of state or in Tennessee

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

doesn't matter now anyway

5 months ago

Someone who is worried as wel in Los Angeles, California said: What was the result here?

I was hired for a F/T position in California. I have pending felony charges in Minnesota that I told my employer about. They were willing to move forward with me regardless, as the charges that are pending would not prevent me from being hirable. However, after 3 weeks of waiting for a delayed FBI check to come back, they've now rescinded their offer. It would, "put their organization in jeopardy to keep me on if they were audited." they said. So I've now lost a g-figureincome for charges that are pending due to a "delayed background check" from the FBI. The DOJ came back clear. Im devastated and from what I read here, may as well be convicted of a felony because it doesn't seem to matter. So much for turning ones life around or second chances. The sad thing is, like many of you I still had a lot to offer, and was excellent at what I do. its all over now tho.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Trying to Help in Detroit, Michigan

5 months ago

Of course they are going to tell you they are going to move forward with you, regardless of whether or not you had charges pending. That's the law. Until they have actual, factual information in front of them to make a decision based on company policy, or the state laws regarding charges/convictions, etc. To reject you prior to that would make them open to discrimination.
That being said, I obviously don't know what the charges are that are pending against you, so I can't comment as to the validity of their concerns. The rule of thumb is how long ago was the crime, what is the severity of the crime, and does it directly relate to their position. DUI for a sales position, for example, yes, that would be a business reason for not hiring someone.
Sorry you're going through this.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Guitana Jones in West Hartford, Connecticut

5 months ago

Can someone contact me please

Reply - Report abuse

SelenaN in Arlington, Texas

5 months ago

Hi, I have a theft case which I know its probably pending now, but I was charge with 12 months of probation,$50 court fee, $500 which I think its a court fee too, $400 for paying back what I stole, and I have to take classes which is $90 every time I go, and plus 40hrs of community service. Now my main concern is will I ever get a job because right now I'm not bringing any income and I'm worry I won't ever find a job to pay off my fees.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Cococrispie1 in Olympia, Washington

4 months ago

i feel your pain!! i have two pending felonies which are overcharges from the police department. So just keep your head up and keep your spirit strong. Just wanted to send support. This sh** is the worst!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

corruption in Fort Collins, Colorado

3 months ago

I am on probation for first offense DUI in Colorado violated it by leaving the state in TN for christmas holiday, come back got pulled over and arrested for "flight to avoid prosecution" now they're trying to charge me with a DUI per se which will get dropped next month as I blew a .03. Question is: will the company hire me after a convicted misdemeanor and pending misdemeanor that is soon to be dropped?

Reply - Report abuse

Feeling hopeless in King George, Virginia

2 months ago

I have a pending possession not marijuana charge no conviction trail is set for two weeks worried I will not be able to gain employment

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

justme17 in Los angeles, California

2 months ago

My question is I have 2 interviews coming up this Tuesday
For ucla. The thing is that I was arrested back in 2012 for possession of medication without prescription but was released hours later. I managed to hired a lawyer in which she was able to get me the deversion program. Im not being charged with a misdemeanor or a felony what so ever and the case would be dismissed on September 27 once I complete my 30 classes. My question is should I let them know about it even tho it's not a misdemeanor or felony before the fingerprint me? I mean I didn't lie when they asked me in the application if I've ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor I put NO because I haven't. I even asked my lawyer to make me a letter explaining the case and how the case is gonna be dismissed and eventually get expunged

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

2 months ago

justme17 in Los angeles, California said: My question is I have 2 interviews coming up this Tuesday
For ucla. The thing is that I was arrested back in 2012 for possession of medication without prescription but was released hours later. I managed to hired a lawyer in which she was able to get me the deversion program. Im not being charged with a misdemeanor or a felony what so ever and the case would be dismissed on September 27 once I complete my 30 classes. My question is should I let them know about it even tho it's not a misdemeanor or felony before the fingerprint me? I mean I didn't lie when they asked me in the application if I've ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor I put NO because I haven't. I even asked my lawyer to make me a letter explaining the case and how the case is gonna be dismissed and eventually get expunged

When they asked Ted Bundy if he had ever been convicted of a felony, he said "Convicted? No, never convicted". At the time, he was telling the truth.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

vanice5757@*****.*** in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

2 months ago

i have a misdemeanor and haven't been able to get a job, and happen and Wisconsin, i miss court bcuz they sent it to the wrong address, for a disorderly conduct... please what i need to do, it happen and 2012 had mad jobs, but now i can't get one bcuz the company here in Oklahoma say its pending and i work for top company's here and i got hired, i don't get it please help bcuz something doesnt seem right

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Ralphie in Reading, Pennsylvania

1 month ago

I have 2 pending misdemeanors, Terroristic threats with intent to terrorize another, and simple assault. Basically, I had to draw my legally licensed firearm on someone that was coming at my father in law and I with a knife. 2 weeks later, I get a letter in the mail from the courts saying that I am being charge...Then
I got a job offer from a company for a job I have been desiring for a while now. They offered me the job last week(5/18/17), and I went in the same day to sign paper work for the drug and background check. I just got a call back today(5/25/17, A week and 2 days later) from the HR lady saying that my drug test came back fine, but the background check came back with the pending charges. She said that on the application, I put that I do not have pending charges. I told her that I selected NO because I filled out the application before I was charged. Then she proceeded to ask me about the pending charge and what happened. I explained to her what happened, and that my lawyer is going to have this case dismissed. Since my court date is Next Friday (06/02/2017) She said she will wait to see what happens. I am hoping they do not judge me on these pending charges(which I was not suppose to get charged for anyways).Hopefully, I eventually start with this company. I am planning on taking them proof of the dismissal of charges as soon as I walk out the courthouse. I even called my lawyer and asked him to give me some kind of letter explaining the case and why it will get dismissed, hoping that they will be understanding.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

feeling hopeless in Miami Beach, Florida

1 month ago

justme17 in Los angeles, California said: My question is I have 2 interviews coming up this Tuesday

What ended up happening with the interviews? I am currently going through the exact same thing, had half a dozen job offers but after completion of my background check, they disappear. I try to call and explain the (absolutely bogus) pending charges made from my malicious ex-boyfriend, but they wont even speak to me about it. I HATE THE WAY THE LAW WORKS IN THIS COUNTRY!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Jones in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

1 month ago

anonymous in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: In many areas of the country an actual hearing even if a preliminary one has had to actually taken place for your case be in accessable public records. Even if they search court dockets it will only show up as a pending case. Unless they ask you have you ever been arrested or charged with a crime you are not convicted until you are convicted.

Yes mine says pending case so I hope I get the job. At the time when it asked me if have I ever been convicted of any crimes I wasn't convicted then. Now I'm just starting to get these messages I'm in pa.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

1 month ago

Yes mine says pending case so I hope I get the job. At the time when it asked me if have I ever been convicted of any crimes I wasn't convicted then. Now I'm just starting to get these messages I'm in pa.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

goatfishfly in Brooklyn, New York

22 days ago

I was call in for a prescreening postion with new york transit.I have an open pending case for driving accident in 2016. I put this down and a no-fault too! Would they still hire me because im still going to trial.

Reply - Report abuse

22 days ago

No they will not hire you until they have something in writing that states your not guilty or no pending charges are against you. I'm going through the same thing. The job I applied for won't hire me until my trial is over. Good luck with everything.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Ralph in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

22 days ago

Ralphie in Reading, Pennsylvania said: I have 2 pending misdemeanors, Terroristic threats with intent to terrorize another, and simple assault. Basically, I had to draw my legally licensed firearm on someone that was coming at my father in law and I with a knife. 2 weeks later, I get a letter in the mail from the courts saying that I am being charge...Then
I got a job offer from a company for a job I have been desiring for a while now. They offered me the job last week(5/18/17), and I went in the same day to sign paper work for the drug and background check. I just got a call back today(5/25/17, A week and 2 days later) from the HR lady saying that my drug test came back fine, but the background check came back with the pending charges. She said that on the application, I put that I do not have pending charges. I told her that I selected NO because I filled out the application before I was charged. Then she proceeded to ask me about the pending charge and what happened. I explained to her what happened, and that my lawyer is going to have this case dismissed. Since my court date is Next Friday (06/02/2017) She said she will wait to see what happens. I am hoping they do not judge me on these pending charges(which I was not suppose to get charged for anyways).Hopefully, I eventually start with this company. I am planning on taking them proof of the dismissal of charges as soon as I walk out the courthouse. I even called my lawyer and asked him to give me some kind of letter explaining the case and why it will get dismissed, hoping that they will be understanding.

For those wondering, they had me start regardless of the outcome of the case. I explained the situation and they sympathized with me. Always be truthful and explain you charges with remorse. They seem ro like that

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Ralph in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

22 days ago

goatfishfly in Brooklyn, New York said: I was call in for a prescreening postion with new york transit.I have an open pending case for driving accident in 2016. I put this down and a no-fault too! Would they still hire me because im still going to trial.

That should not affect you or come up on background checks unless you have pending criminal charges. Now, if they pull your driving record, they might see it. But i wouldnt be too worried because you cant be the first person they hire that has has a car accident before.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

goatfishfly in Brooklyn, New York

22 days ago

Thank

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.