What to do if HR doesn't respond?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Clueless in Honolulu, Hawaii

40 months ago

I have been emailing with the HR I had an interview with a few weeks back. He has always replied to my emails in the past. Yesterday, I asked him about the status of my application and he hasn't replied yet. He did say (3 weeks ago) that the position is on hold because the department manager is very busy to accept interviews.
How long should I wait before sending him another email? Would it be better if I called him instead?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

40 months ago

Clueless in Honolulu, Hawaii said: I have been emailing with the HR I had an interview with a few weeks back. He has always replied to my emails in the past. Yesterday, I asked him about the status of my application and he hasn't replied yet. He did say (3 weeks ago) that the position is on hold because the department manager is very busy to accept interviews.
How long should I wait before sending him another email? Would it be better if I called him instead?

Stop by in person. Bring pizza and beer. Find out what's up.

Emails are less intrusive but easily ignored. Phones go to voicemail today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado

40 months ago

Clueless in Honolulu, Hawaii said: How long should I wait before sending him another email? Would it be better if I called him instead?
Assuming you're being told the truth, you have your answer. Accordingly, do not e-mail or call. You will only annoy the HR person and you will become increasingly frustrated because you're not hearing anything.

Just keep looking. You will be called or e-mailed if the employer is interested.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Clueless in Honolulu, Hawaii

40 months ago

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado said: Assuming you're being told the truth, you have your answer. Accordingly, do not e-mail or call. You will only annoy the HR person and you will become increasingly frustrated because you're not hearing anything.

Just keep looking. You will be called or e-mailed if the employer is interested.

Good point. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.