What do you think this means?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Jaw5xs in College Park, Maryland

16 months ago

So I have had two rounds of interviews with a company that I really want to work for. The first interview was just conversational about my experience. The second interview was an Excel skills assessment. I honestly didn't think I did that well on the Excel test but I didn't think I did horrible either. Both interviews were with the guy I will be working under.

Two weeks later, I get a request for another interview but this interview is with an Executive VP. Do you think they may try and offer me the job? Just curious to see what people think.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

16 months ago

Jaw5xs in College Park, Maryland said: So I have had two rounds of interviews with a company that I really want to work for. The first interview was just conversational about my experience. The second interview was an Excel skills assessment. I honestly didn't think I did that well on the Excel test but I didn't think I did horrible either. Both interviews were with the guy I will be working under.

Two weeks later, I get a request for another interview but this interview is with an Executive VP. Do you think they may try and offer me the job? Just curious to see what people think.

Thanks

Actually, it means nothing except that no one person can make a hiring decision today. I have been on 3 even 4 interviews only to never hear another word.

You need to do two things: First, at some point, ask them to describe their ideal candidate. Sometimes this helps them to make a decision one way or the other.

Second, keep applying for other jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jaw5xs in Laurel, Maryland

16 months ago

That's good to know, I will keep that in mind. Hopefully it is good news though.

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

16 months ago

Whoa! Hold on to your horsies.

Usually the lower level employees in a company only pass you onto the Executive VP when they feel you are a good match for the company. There is probably at least 2 others who will be meeting with the VP. It sounds like the final step.

There is no way one is passed on to the VP unless you have what it takes. Because, the guy who originally interviewed you would look bad if he did that.

Blue, you need to get out. Get out of the house. Take up bike riding. Good for the lungs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

16 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: Whoa! Hold on to your horsies.

Usually the lower level employees in a company only pass you onto the Executive VP when they feel you are a good match for the company. There is probably at least 2 others who will be meeting with the VP. It sounds like the final step.

There is no way one is passed on to the VP unless you have what it takes. Because, the guy who originally interviewed you would look bad if he did that.

Blue, you need to get out. Get out of the house. Take up bike riding. Good for the lungs.

You're right. I am going to ride my bike to the liquor store and buy a pack of cigarettes.

I will leave the advice column today in your capable hands.

Jaw5xs

16 months ago

Hey guys, interview went well. It is for a real estate finance company. The job is just between me and one other person. I sent a thank you email and the guy replied back saying he enjoyed our conversation, to enjoy the trip I took this weekend and to let him know if I find any good real estate deals on the trip. I actually did find a good deal. Should I email him about it, or just wait?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.