What does it mean when they say they will contact you the next day but actually not?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Scott in Vancouver, British Columbia

24 months ago

I had an interview and a skill test 2 week ago, and waited for a whole week without any response. So I sent an email to ask if they would mind my asking about follow-up.

The lead designer wrote me back quickly and told me very politely that he was in the process of viewing a number of possible candidates and he should have the decision for me the next day.

I appreciated his prompt reply but the next day nothing happened...What could this mean? :(

I really do not think I should send the second Follow-up, so I can be only waiting but very impatient

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

24 months ago

Scott in Vancouver, British Columbia said: I had an interview and a skill test 2 week ago, and waited for a whole week without any response. So I sent an email to ask if they would mind my asking about follow-up.

The lead designer wrote me back quickly and told me very politely that he was in the process of viewing a number of possible candidates and he should have the decision for me the next day.

I appreciated his prompt reply but the next day nothing happened...What could this mean? :(

I really do not think I should send the second Follow-up, so I can be only waiting but very impatient

They say that to everbody. Means nothing. Keep looking, keep applying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin

24 months ago

They probably haven't even made up their mind yet. I'd keep looking, because if they wanted you, then they wouldn't even be telling you that they are interviewing others.

Maybe you should just bake them some brownies. Just kidding. :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Vancouver, British Columbia

24 months ago

designer bee in Waukesha, Wisconsin said: They probably haven't even made up their mind yet. I'd keep looking, because if they wanted you, then they wouldn't even be telling you that they are interviewing others.

Maybe you should just bake them some brownies. Just kidding. :D

This sounds very reasonable! Thank you for making me feel better :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.