When to follow up?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Brandon in Racine, Wisconsin

20 months ago

I had an out-of-state phone interview on Wednesday. The person told me he wanted to schedule a conference call with a couple of other people and would email me proposed times. It's two days later and I have yet to receive the email. At what point do I follow up with him? I don't want to appear pushy, yet don't want to be hanging out there, either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Displaced Legal Professional in Arvada, Colorado

20 months ago

Do not follow up. Two days is nothing. Just consider that the person may be trying to coordinate calendars. You will be contacted if the employer is still interested in interviewing you. In the meantime, keep looking.

Bluetea in Texas

20 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Arvada, Colorado said: Do not follow up. Two days is nothing. Just consider that the person may be trying to coordinate calendars. You will be contacted if the employer is still interested in interviewing you. In the meantime, keep looking.

I agree. Also mark off 30 days on your calendar from the date of the interview. If 30 days go by and there is no solid contact, all the follow up, emailing, voice mailing and carrier pigeon stuff is over. Move on.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.