frito-lay hiring process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 98)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

waiting also in Macon, Georgia

60 months ago

analisa gomez in Tracy, California said: Hello, well I just got back from my first interview with Frito-Lay. I have heard its a pretty intense hiring process, however the first interview went pretty smooth. Although, before I knew it, the man was done talking and it was over! He neglected to mention anything about the infamous hair follicle testing , or second interview....I was just wondering if anyone out there knew about how long until they call you back for the drug testing and/or the second interview?? I am currently on the "job hunt" and would like myself to be available when Frito-Lay is ready for me. However, I do not want to decline further interviews from other companies, just because I am waiting for their "call"...anyone with any experience have any knowledge? thanks!!

yes, I am waitinf for my drug test, it was about a week before they called me to do my second interview. She said it would take them two weeks to do my background I called her in two weeks a three days she say they are still waiting on my background check and to please be patient with her I haven't called her back sense except to tell her that my number has changed. It is going on another one week and three days and no call. thats all I can tell you for now, she seems like a nice woman so I trust if I don't get it I will get a letter and if I do get it they will call

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

swdreamgirl in Macon, Georgia

60 months ago

IM THE DUDE in Escondido, California said: Did you get your background check and test back. Also how long did you have to wait to hear if you were hired or not.Please tell me all the steps you went throught , because I'm waiting for my background check to come back, I have no bad stuff in my background , I just havent heard back from Frito lay and its ben a week and a half

Hello, since you are getting the background check you are in the door it's just a waiting game now. Why it takes so long I have no idea , it took them about two weeks and a half to call me back. than you get you (hair sample)drug test which comes back three buisness days and you usually start about one week from wehn they ok'd your hair sample. The test goes back three months. They get from the root. because the tips of your hair can go back one year lol but they don't want that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

IM THE DUDE in Escondido, California

60 months ago

swdreamgirl in Macon, Georgia said: Hello, since you are getting the background check you are in the door it's just a waiting game now. Why it takes so long I have no idea , it took them about two weeks and a half to call me back. than you get you (hair sample)drug test which comes back three buisness days and you usually start about one week from wehn they ok'd your hair sample. The test goes back three months. They get from the root. because the tips of your hair can go back one year lol but they don't want that.

Thanks for the info. What is the next step after the hair folicle testing? when is the ride along?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

swdreamgirl in Macon, Georgia

60 months ago

IM THE DUDE in Escondido, California said: Thanks for the info. What is the next step after the hair folicle testing? when is the ride along?

Once they get your hair sample back they will call you, it usually takes three working days. Trust me they will call and tell you when your started day is mine was two weeks after the day they called me back. I dont understand what you meant by "When is the ride along"?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

swdreamgirl in Macon, Georgia

60 months ago

IM THE DUDE in Escondido, California said: Thanks for the info. What is the next step after the hair folicle testing? when is the ride along?

but when if you made it to your back ground check you should be ok. As long as you have at least one good comment about you lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

IM THE DUDE in Escondido, California

60 months ago

swdreamgirl in Macon, Georgia said: Once they get your hair sample back they will call you, it usually takes three working days. Trust me they will call and tell you when your started day is mine was two weeks after the day they called me back. I dont understand what you meant by "When is the ride along"?

When I went in for some testing at their head quarters, there was a representive who told us ( the other people in the room for testing ) that after our testing, the ones who passd we ould have a background check and if that went well we would do a couple ride a longs ( a ride a long is when a route sales rep takes a potential person who is trying to get a job in route sales and shows them what the job consist of.), then do our hair testing, and if that goes well then you would be employd. May be we were not talking about the same job position at Frito Lay. I was just trying to find out how long all theese steps take.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

swdreamgirl in Macon, Georgia

60 months ago

IM THE DUDE in Escondido, California said: When I went in for some testing at their head quarters, there was a representive who told us ( the other people in the room for testing ) that after our testing, the ones who passd we ould have a background check and if that went well we would do a couple ride a longs ( a ride a long is when a route sales rep takes a potential person who is trying to get a job in route sales and shows them what the job consist of.), then do our hair testing, and if that goes well then you would be employd. May be we were not talking about the same job position at Frito Lay. I was just trying to find out how long all theese steps take.

Well Im in the warehouse, it shouldn't be that much different except riding with the sales rep. After I took my test she called me back in a week and told me that I passed than scheduled me for my second interview, they didn't tell me anything after that second interview. So after bout two weeks I called her to see did I need to kepp waiting or not. she told me everything went fine and they were conducting my back ground check to just be patient with her so I waited she later called me about three weeks later. she said my name was a list and she just called me first. I believe they begin you with other new employees at the same time its ususally abou three or four people so they have to wait on all their stuff to come back also, I'm assuming thats why it takes so long, than she sceduled me for my hair sample test that took about three days she called me and told me my first day start, I started about a week later. Since you going in sells I hear yall on salary I thinks its probally 600.00 week for training, then its up to you after that. People talk about how bad frito lay is but actually so far its alright. you can't listen to everybody, everybody different.A phone call wouldn't hurt just sound friendly not desperate and speak to the person in human resources who interviewed you,wouldn't hur

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

IM THE DUDE in Escondido, California

60 months ago

swdreamgirl in Macon, Georgia said: Well Im in the warehouse, it shouldn't be that much different except riding with the sales rep. After I took my test she called me back in a week and told me that I passed than scheduled me for my second interview, they didn't tell me anything after that second interview. So after bout two weeks I called her to see did I need to kepp waiting or not. she told me everything went fine and they were conducting my back ground check to just be patient with her so I waited she later called me about three weeks later. she said my name was a list and she just called me first. I believe they begin you with other new employees at the same time its ususally abou three or four people so they have to wait on all their stuff to come back also, I'm assuming thats why it takes so long, than she sceduled me for my hair sample test that took about three days she called me and told me my first day start, I started about a week later. Since you going in sells I hear yall on salary I thinks its probally 600.00 week for training, then its up to you after that. People talk about how bad frito lay is but actually so far its alright. you can't listen to everybody, everybody different.A phone call wouldn't hurt just sound friendly not desperate and speak to the person in human resources who interviewed you,wouldn't hur

Thanks for all your time and info, it was very helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

swdreamgirl in Macon, Georgia

60 months ago

anytime. you're welcome goodluck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

jnfcdf83 in Trumann, Arkansas

58 months ago

how long after the backgroung check does it take for them to call you to let you know if you have the job or not. I applied for a packer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jnfcdf83 in Keiser, Arkansas

58 months ago

can you work at frito lay with a felony?
\

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mactown in Macon, Georgia

58 months ago

jnfcdf83 in Keiser, Arkansas said: can you work at frito lay with a felony?
\

Well it depends on whether it is theft. If it is theft than no. You see people leave money and valuable things i their desk and the last thing they need is a "theft" walking around. Just don't say anything about it let them find it. I have one but it was dismissed, however it still shows.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mactown in Macon, Georgia

58 months ago

But it wasn't theft though it was for whooping butt lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Roger in Raleigh, North Carolina

54 months ago

I just got scheduled for an interview this Wednesday for working in the warehouse. I was a daily smoker about a month and a half ago but have gone cold turkey since then. I do not know if the frito lay over here does hair samples. & I thought they only did hair samples for sales representatives. I need to know what to do! I need this job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Los Angeles, California

50 months ago

swdreamgirl in Macon, Georgia said: Hello, since you are getting the background check you are in the door it's just a waiting game now. Why it takes so long I have no idea , it took them about two weeks and a half to call me back. than you get you (hair sample)drug test which comes back three buisness days and you usually start about one week from wehn they ok'd your hair sample. The test goes back three months. They get from the root. because the tips of your hair can go back one year lol but they don't want that.

Hi I have a question about the hair drug testing how far do they look back. I know some one that just got hired in Los ANgeles and told me they go back 5 years. IS that true??? Cause i was going to tell my friend to work there but he smoked marijuana like 3 months ago. not a smoker just did it for fun...please get bak to me on the info..thnx!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

parttime in Saint Petersburg, Florida

49 months ago

I was just wondering after you apply do they email or call you , and how long before you might hear from them?

Can anyone tell me about hours for a detailer ( can you go anytime during the day?)

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Vince in Hesperia, California

48 months ago

They will call you in roughly 4-8 weeks after you input your app online. A Detailer works majority in the morning 3 am-130 pm. As a detailer, you will be only working part time and helping out different areas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CareerGuru in San Francisco, California

48 months ago

I would suggest continuing to look into your options and other jobs while you wait. If nothing else it will help to keep you distracted!

Sarah
interview tips blog:
job-search-success-secrets.com/blog/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

travdad in Ashland, Kentucky

45 months ago

I have done everything in the hiring process. i have had two interviews a ride along and i have passed the test. Does anyone know why they wont call me after a month and a half

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Icj22

44 months ago

I had my interview as a packer about 2weeks in a half ago they called and said they was doin a background check a week later but I haven't heard from them since dose any1 know why??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rick in Springfield, Missouri

41 months ago

If Im a smoker am i wasting time going through the interview of a merchadiser.What time do you start as a full time merchadiser?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Adam in Saint Paul, Minnesota

41 months ago

I wouldn't think that should matter. How would they even know in an interview if you are a smoker? You will pay more for your medical insurance though. If you smoke something illegal, you are wasting your time, as Frito-Lay does a Hair Drug Test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lj in Rock Hill, South Carolina

38 months ago

I took the online test and they called me for an interview.they said they would call me back for a second interview how long do u think i would have to wait till i go take the drug test and background check

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Waterbury, Connecticut

38 months ago

Well I had an interview with Frito Lay yesterday for Warehouse/Material Handler, it was actually very simplistic. I've read what people have said about the interview process being difficult, I assume it's because of the position. Anyways I went in he had me fill out another application and than I went in his office to have the actual interview he asked a few questions as well as situation questions which was easy and we always talked about stuff not even related to Frito Lay. In the same sitting I also filled out the Background check/Drug test paperwork he practically told me I got the position. I'm just waiting to get a call back now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Santos in Orlando, Florida

38 months ago

I went to a frito lay interview after i had applied online, there was about 15 people, the lady said only 4 would be picked, after had an interview, filled the background form, and left, a few days later, today she called and asked for me to come in, and demonstrate my reach truck skills, by then it was only 2 of us, we went throw all the tests, i nailed every test, the other guy didnt do so good, was messing up alot, took a long time doing the tests, everything took about 3 hours, then they said usually we would give the 4 hour class first and then the driving test, but since you said you can operate the lift we gave you the lift test first. Go home and in the beginning of next week not including monday which is memorial day, we will call you and let you know if we want you to come in for the rest of the procedures. so hopefully tuesday i get a call back :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Patrick Pino in Henderson, Nevada

37 months ago

Santos in Orlando, Florida said: I went to a frito lay interview after i had applied online, there was about 15 people, the lady said only 4 would be picked, after had an interview, filled the background form, and left, a few days later, today she called and asked for me to come in, and demonstrate my reach truck skills, by then it was only 2 of us, we went throw all the tests, i nailed every test, the other guy didnt do so good, was messing up alot, took a long time doing the tests, everything took about 3 hours, then they said usually we would give the 4 hour class first and then the driving test, but since you said you can operate the lift we gave you the lift test first. Go home and in the beginning of next week not including monday which is memorial day, we will call you and let you know if we want you to come in for the rest of the procedures. so hopefully tuesday i get a call back :)

Did you get hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Big Papa in Macon, Georgia

37 months ago

When applying for a driving position on Frito Lay's website, what position would I look for? I see Merchandising, Route Sales, and a part time position. I am a truck driver seeking employment, and I am not sure which position to look for. HELP! Thanks for any info anyone can offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nj chick in Dallastown, Pennsylvania

36 months ago

my boy friend smoked up till a month and a half a go and just went for a interview . and from what un hearing . he might be wasting his time ???? . but if they take as long as u all say . he might be clean by then.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nj chick in Dallastown, Pennsylvania

36 months ago

some one told me a bout a shampoo for that hair test. has any one used it and passed ????

it's so funny . he has been washing his hair 4 times a day.
HA HA HA HA.

is it true that they also take ur peee to???
thats a bit much dont u think ????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

BobT in Westlake, Ohio

33 months ago

Santos in Orlando, Florida said: I went to a frito lay interview after i had applied online, there was about 15 people, the lady said only 4 would be picked, after had an interview, filled the background form, and left, a few days later, today she called and asked for me to come in, and demonstrate my reach truck skills, by then it was only 2 of us, we went throw all the tests, i nailed every test, the other guy didnt do so good, was messing up alot, took a long time doing the tests, everything took about 3 hours, then they said usually we would give the 4 hour class first and then the driving test, but since you said you can operate the lift we gave you the lift test first. Go home and in the beginning of next week not including monday which is memorial day, we will call you and let you know if we want you to come in for the rest of the procedures. so hopefully tuesday i get a call back :)

Demonstrate my reach truck skills: What is this? What were the rest of the tests like? Any response is much appreciated!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Wanting a career in Manchester, New Hampshire

32 months ago

I got accepted from the job and took my drug test two weeks ago and I still haven't received any notice. I have not done ANYTHING since I was a teenager so I don't know why I have not been in contact. Has anyone ever waited this long to get the results from their hair drug test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Concerned in Fullerton, California

32 months ago

Ok i had my interview exactly a week ago, if I get hired, or dont when will they contact me? should I call them.. i reallly want this job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jhops in Lawrence, Kansas

32 months ago

Im going in for a technical intervew I allready completed a phone interview, any information about the up coming interviews or process.thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Back again in in Bridgeport, Connecticut

32 months ago

You get a personal interview (i had mine with 3 district managers). I feel the interview wadnt hard ay all. In fact very easy. Make sure you give then reasons why you want to work there. Surprise them, you need too stand out thats the point. It took me 3 months, start to finish to get my job. It takes a long time but for me, it is worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bob T in Cleveland, Ohio

32 months ago

Concerned in Cali: Can u give me any advice on how to pass this interview? Do u remember any of the questions? I really need this job!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bob T in Cleveland, Ohio

32 months ago

Concerned in Fullerton, California said: i think the interview in person at frito lay was the hardest interview i have ever been too. I sat infront of 2 managers and they asked me many many 3 part questions..I thought I did very well, but got a denial letter in the mail yesterday :( good luck!

Can u give me any advice on how to pass this interview? Do u remember any of the questions? I really need this job!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bob T in Cleveland, Ohio

32 months ago

Back again in in Bridgeport, Connecticut said: You get a personal interview (i had mine with 3 district managers). I feel the interview wadnt hard ay all. In fact very easy. Make sure you give then reasons why you want to work there. Surprise them, you need too stand out thats the point. It took me 3 months, start to finish to get my job. It takes a long time but for me, it is worth it.

Can u give me any advice on how to pass this interview? Do u remember any of the questions? I really need this job!! Any help from Bridgeport would be much appreciated!! Thank You!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Larry

32 months ago

Whast the starting pay for this job ????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bob T in Cleveland, Ohio

31 months ago

Wanting a career in Manchester, New Hampshire said: I got accepted from the job and took my drug test two weeks ago and I still haven't received any notice. I have not done ANYTHING since I was a teenager so I don't know why I have not been in contact. Has anyone ever waited this long to get the results from their hair drug test?

Can u give me any advice on how to pass this interview? Do u remember any of the questions? I really need this job!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bob T in Cleveland, Ohio

31 months ago

A customer is upset over a service issue that is beyond your control (ie production issues affecting their stock levels). As the company representative, how would you handle this while providing a positive view of the company?
This is one of the questions. Does anyone have a good answer to this question?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Adam H in Saint Paul, Minnesota

31 months ago

Tell the manager you are very sorry, and you will make sure to keep all of the other flavors of what is on sale fully stocked. You see, it is rare that your distribution center will run completely out of a brand of chips. I have worked at Frito for over 5 years and I think it almost happend once a couple years ago on Ruffles. The DC may run out off BBQ Lays and Sour Cream and Onion Lays, but you will likely still be able to get Classic and Wavy Lays, as well as all of the other less popular flavors in the category. Another approach would be to change any displays over to a different "on sale" item and move all of the product that is running low to the gondola in the chip aisle, so you can try and stay in stock as long as possible. If you explain to the manager what you are doing and why you are doing it, they will usually understand. But the apology is key, even though it is out of your control, you are still Frito-Lay to the store manager and you are representing Frito-Lay, not yourself personally.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bob T in Cleveland, Ohio

31 months ago

Adam H in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: Tell the manager you are very sorry, and you will make sure to keep all of the other flavors of what is on sale fully stocked. You see, it is rare that your distribution center will run completely out of a brand of chips. I have worked at Frito for over 5 years and I think it almost happend once a couple years ago on Ruffles. The DC may run out off BBQ Lays and Sour Cream and Onion Lays, but you will likely still be able to get Classic and Wavy Lays, as well as all of the other less popular flavors in the category. Another approach would be to change any displays over to a different "on sale" item and move all of the product that is running low to the gondola in the chip aisle, so you can try and stay in stock as long as possible. If you explain to the manager what you are doing and why you are doing it, they will usually understand. But the apology is key, even though it is out of your control, you are still Frito-Lay to the store manager and you are representing Frito-Lay, not yourself personally.

Adam thank you very much for the response. I have an interview and i really need this job. Great answer!!! Any advice for me on this interview? Again, Thank You!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Frank from Columbia sc in Columbia, South Carolina

31 months ago

I went for an interview the other day as a route driver. The interview went well. What happens next?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SRc12 in Cincinnati, Ohio

31 months ago

I was just wondering how long it takes to hear back from Frito Lay after applying?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bob T in Cleveland, Ohio

31 months ago

SRc12 in Cincinnati, Ohio said: I was just wondering how long it takes to hear back from Frito Lay after applying?

Its a long process. IT takes awhile before anything happens. U have interviews, drug test (hair folicle), physical etc. The hair test goes back like 3 months. I am almost at the end of the process but all the negative comments have me concerned. All they do is work work work here and u really get no time off. The company is secure tho from what i was told no one was laid off and actually they added people during the heart of the recession. Frank and Src what do u think? Are u willing to work all weekends and holiday cept Xmas? Are u willing to start between 2am and 6 am ? Until u get a route there is no set time and no set days off!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ROMO in Dallas, Texas

30 months ago

Adam H in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: There are some very negative aspects to this job. I have been doing it for quite awhile and while I don't enjoy going to bed when the sun is shining, (in the summer) I do enjoy getting done with work and having the rest of my day to do something. (perhaps after a short nap.) I usually go to bed anywhere between 9:00-10:30pm. Working for Frito-Lay is not for everyone and its not something I want to do forever, but for now it's not a bad gig. It is a different lifestyle, but you can get used to it and make it work. Do I love my job? No. However, I do like making decent money while still going to school, I like that my wife and I have pretty good benefits, I like that I have 3 weeks paid vacation and a 401(k) that I started when I was 18. The pay, benefits, and job security are what make Frito-Lay a decent job. I used to work as a supervisor for a big box retailer and I made a lot less money at that job and was way more stressed. EVERY job has its drawbacks, sometimes you just need to try and have a good attitude about it.

I should point out that I am a merchandiser, not a RSR. I have been with Frito-Lay nearly 6 years. I have been asked to move up a few times in the past, but now they don't ask me anymore because I always declined. RSRs work very long hours. I have no interest in that position at this time.

Great post Adam. Yes an RSR is a totally differnt job and in my opinion much worse. You will take another job because this company will burn you out. Frito should have more concern for there workers. I read a post where a guy from Chicago said up there they work m-f like 50-60 hrs a wweek. Every route is like that. If they can do it why cant every frito do it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gveser22 in Cincinnati, Ohio

30 months ago

I applied to Frito Lay about four weeks ago I haven't heard back from them yet. How long does it usually take?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ROMO in Dallas, Texas

30 months ago

Gveser22 in Cincinnati, Ohio said: I applied to Frito Lay about four weeks ago I haven't heard back from them yet. How long does it usually take?

Along time but you better check into this before you take it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

conotureer in Salt Lake City, Utah

29 months ago

does anyone no what they check for on the background check?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marty Madd in 8 mile, Michigan

29 months ago

conotureer in Salt Lake City, Utah said: does anyone no what they check for on the background check?

All crimes anything with theft or anything close to that and they wont touch you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.