group job interview at khols

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 73)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Sarah in Hubbard, Ohio

83 months ago

I have a group interview tomorrow at khols has anyone else had one of these interviews with them and could you tell me what it is like I know each place is different I've never had a group interview before and I hate speaking in front of a group I'm nervous just thought some advice would be nice so I know what to expect thanks :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (124) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

me in Tallahassee, Florida

83 months ago

group interviews can be intimidating. they are looking to see how outgoing you are as you'd need to be to interact with the public at large. just speak as confident as you can, and try to be unique and true to your nature as possible when you answer. try not to go over the top to the point its a distraction to the entire group. dress between office casual and office wear.

you usually get herded into a large room in groups of 10 or so, sit in a campfire circle, and take turns answering the same question as its posed to everyone in the room. they are looking to see how much experience you have and/or how creative you are at resolving customer issues/complaints/inquires. smile alot and be friendly as you would if you actually had the job already.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Sarah in Hubbard, Ohio

83 months ago

Thankyou so much I had the interview yesterday and it was alot better than I thought since I have a fear of speaking in front of large groups of people! I was last when asked the questions so I had a longer time to think of my responses and situations I've been in and thought I did very well.. let's hope for a call back!:) Interview took an hour and a half...thanks again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Phoenix, New York

82 months ago

I was interviewed by kohl's in a group setting. This was the first time ever that I've been interviewed like this. The only problem with this type of interview I could see was that alot of the answers were the same. The first person answers the question which is number one,the second person is first to answer question number two and then the first person is last.
I also felt like the time was being used to look at who was wearing what to the interview. Things like are there finger nails groomed,are they wearing open or closed shoes. Do they think on there own or are they just going to follow the group. When you speak do you use proper grammer. Did you come to the interview with purple hair and and nose rings. I was hired but during this process I felt like every thing was a test to see how I would react. They called at the last minute hurry up and get to this address to have your drug screening. The Secertary was very full of herself telling me to pick up some papers that had dropped and pointing to where she wanted them put. I believe it was a test of how I WOULD HANDLE RUDE COSTUMERS. I guess I passed have been there almost a year and it has been the best place that I have ever worked and for the secertary I have never seen her act that way again.Actually she is always pleasent. Remember when working with the customer they are only standing in front of you for a very few moments make the best of it and keep a smile on your face and be polite your day will go alot better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

mickey in West Palm Beach, Florida

73 months ago

applied 3 weeks ago for lake park store. was told i'd receive an email the next week. haven't heard anything yet - and training has already started. how do i contact the people who interviewed me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Austin, Texas

72 months ago

Hi,

I am hoping you can assist me.

I had a second interview a week ago that seemingly went great. At the start I was told this interview was basically to win me over, this was repeated at the end after interviewing with several other members of the company before wrapping up with the main interviewer. I was then told by the main interviewer the company was very interested in me, the feed back already from that day had been good, and that I would hear from them next week (which was this week). He also stated he was confident they would be making an offer. It is end of day Friday, which makes one week from the interview and I still have not received a call. I did send an email thank you to the main interviewer. I did not sent to the others due to the fact I was under the impression they would make a quick decision and the letters would not have arrived in a timely manner via mail.

I'm wonder what could be the hold up and should I call Monday?

Regards,
Steve

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Austin, Texas

72 months ago

pardon me for the last post... i realize it is in the wrong section!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jim jay in Atlanta, Georgia

72 months ago

Yes, you are entitled to follow up with them. They told you they would be in touch and it is perfectly okay to follow up as you have not heard from them as promised.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Regina Inforzato in Winter Park, Florida

69 months ago

There's a store really near my house. I was wondering if I could work with you. I live between Winter Park and Oviedo (Tuskawilla - Aloma) - I appreciate your atenttion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Latichia in Modesto, California

67 months ago

I hear that Khols Warehouse in Patterson CA. is in need of 500 new hires. I have over a years expirence in warehouse as Inventory Clerk.
I would be very happy to have the oppurtunity to work with such a team. If you could contact me at Thank you for your time Latichia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Olive Miller in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

62 months ago

when is the new store going to open in Plantation,Fl.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

avalenxia619 in Los Angeles, California

62 months ago

well i have an interview this sunday its a group interview at khols i am very nervous
can anyone help?tips anything please?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Fashion GAL

62 months ago

just be yourself and smile and try and not be nervous

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

go in Van Nuys, California

62 months ago

yes. be nervous .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Fashion GAL

61 months ago

Just answer the questions
and hope for the best

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Admin Asst Looking again after 21 years in Columbia, Tennessee

61 months ago

Just a gentle comment, the store's name is spelled "Kohl's," not "Khol's." I shudder to think if anyone's thank-you letter spelled the company's name wrong! Good luck everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fashion GAL

61 months ago

The Kohl's in Plantation,FL is set I think to open in September! Get excited! for those sales and specials and cool brands.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Olive Miller in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

61 months ago

i would like to know about appling for a jo what i would need to do and where. thank you very much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Fashion GAL

61 months ago

I would say after the store opens in Plantation , FL come in and fill out an application or go to the Coconut Creek , FL or Hollywood , FL store and see if they are hiring.......or holding group interviews anytime soon......
Check kohl's website or snagjob or careerbuilder for job openings and career opportunities

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

rayne in Killeen, Texas

59 months ago

Sarah in Hubbard, Ohio said: I have a group interview tomorrow at khols has anyone else had one of these interviews with them and could you tell me what it is like I know each place is different I've never had a group interview before and I hate speaking in front of a group I'm nervous just thought some advice would be nice so I know what to expect thanks :)

hey, i had a group interview with khols it really was not that bad, if sum one gose befor you just say with they said just in your own words, they guy told use there was no right or wrong answers and he was really nice and funny so it made things go smooth, but i got the job also and i love it soo far, so just be your self, pretty much, dont be scared you do fine good luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

----- in Pompano Beach, Florida

59 months ago

Just be yourself

Try to be relaxed and not nervous

They ask some hard and some easy questions and they like to have fun during the interview also

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Judy in Franklin, Tennessee

51 months ago

I went to a group interview with Khols last year and I didn't like it one bit. I guess they don't have time or simply refuse to do one on one interviews. I am not there to impress the other people, I am there to impress the ones that will give me a job. Their questions to boot were also pretty stupid. Like I have never heard before "How do you deal with a irrate customer"? I am glad I didn't respond when they called me back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

cjobs in La Puente, California

50 months ago

I went to 3 Kohls group job interviews for an in store position. It is nothing more than a cattle call. They take 10 people into a room and ask very simple questions. They tell you once they have made a decision, they will call the candidates. What they don't tell you is they made up their mind during the interview. If they tap you on the shoulder as the group leaves, you got the job. In all 3 interviews, they picked very young and inexperienced girls. In only 1 instance did they pick an experienced worker because she explained receiving recognition for their customer service. This type of group interview is nothing more than a cattle call trying to see as many people as possible in the shortest span of time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Melinda in Saint Paul, Minnesota

50 months ago

I just had a group interview at Kohl's today and all of the questions were about customer service. They kept one older lady back to complete another piece of paperwork (I'm assuming she got a position) and then they kept two others back to ask questions about "their availability" and the rest of us were excused. I'm thinking I didn't get it, but they said they'd call within 2 weeks.

I was in the very first slot of interviews that are scheduled for today (Sunday) through Thursday of this week. I'm just hoping they still might consider me but haven't yet because they have so many interviews left and don't want to jump the gun.

I'll update here when and if I hear back from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

E in Pompano Beach, Florida

49 months ago

Good luck!
But don't be sad if you don't get a job at this place cause its not the greatest place to work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jocelyn in Modesto, California

49 months ago

If you were not held back then most likely you were not chosen. I just did mine yesterday and was held back and had a second interview :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

beyonce64 in Los Angeles, California

43 months ago

Hi,
I just had a job interview with Kohl's in Cypress (valley view) and was called back a day after to fill out paper work. It is a part time position and i filled out reference papers, background check papers and drug test papers. Was their a paper that i was supposed to take with me to tell me where to take the drug test or do they just call. Does anyone work or has worked at this location? if so please reply back thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

needabreaktru in Florence, South Carolina

42 months ago

beyonce64 in Los Angeles, California said: Hi,
I just had a job interview with Kohl's in Cypress (valley view) and was called back a day after to fill out paper work. It is a part time position and i filled out reference papers, background check papers and drug test papers. Was their a paper that i was supposed to take with me to tell me where to take the drug test or do they just call. Does anyone work or has worked at this location? if so please reply back thank you

did you get the job?? because i had a job interview with kohl's yesterday and they let some people go, but they kept me and some others and we filled out the same papers you filled out. and i was wondering if that mean we got the job. if possible can you wirte back quick im soo nerves.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

beyonce64 in Los Angeles, California

42 months ago

you basically got the job, as long as you dont have a criminal background. They may take about two weeks to call you back because it takes a while but as long as you dont have a criminal background then you got the job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

beyonce64 in Los Angeles, California said: you basically got the job, as long as you dont have a criminal background. They may take about two weeks to call you back because it takes a while but as long as you dont have a criminal background then you got the job!

yay!! i hhave no criminal background. thanks i really wanted it. they said that orientation was on next wednesday thanks again and when whould i get the durg test at orientation?? (im just askin i have nothing to worry about)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

einar in Monroe Township, New Jersey

42 months ago

does anybody knows the number to call at kohls in kierkwood DE, but unfortunately i had a drop call and there is no way i can return thier call because an unknown number comes out on my phone... please help me what to do. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

einar in Monroe Township, New Jersey

42 months ago

does anybody knows the number to call at kohls in kirkwood DE, they call me about my application online .but unfortunately i had a drop call and there is no way i can return thier call because an unknown number comes out on my phone... please help me what to do. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

all u have 2 do is type the city n state and kohls stores into google and it should come up with the address n the number

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lilz in Clementon, New Jersey

42 months ago

needabreaktru in Florence, South Carolina said: yay!! i hhave no criminal background. thanks i really wanted it. they said that orientation was on next wednesday thanks again and when whould i get the durg test at orientation?? (im just askin i have nothing to worry about)

This is my situation too right now..what ended up happening?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

Lilz in Clementon, New Jersey said: This is my situation too right now..what ended up happening?
um well i attend orientation and i didnt have a durg test during orientation, only when they ask you to so i got the job as pos and so far i like working there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

DeedleDee in Rio Rancho, New Mexico

36 months ago

I had my group interview a couple days ago. They like to be sneaky, they said "were guna go to the office and talk about some things, if we come back and ask you to stay it because there was a problem with your application. When in all reality the ones the manager made stay were the ones who got hired, the rest were told they would either receive an email or phone call. When brought back I filled out paper work, submission to a drug test, references, etc.. I was told to leave October 4th open for orientation, Im just curious as when the drug test will be. Can employers really drug test people at an orientation. Kohl's supervisors are very sneaky! but im excited to work here!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

TryingHardToFindWork in Arlington, Virginia

36 months ago

Admin Asst Looking again after 21 years in Columbia, Tennessee said: Just a gentle comment, the store's name is spelled "Kohl's," not "Khol's." I shudder to think if anyone's thank-you letter spelled the company's name wrong! Good luck everyone!

I'm shocked with how many people can't spell the name of their potential employer. Stuff like this gets applications and resumes sent to the trash bin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hottemp55 in Acampo, California

36 months ago

Just a type-oi know how to spell it i was under stress plrase forgive me. I did not get a call so no job probably my fault since i can' seem to spell I give up!!! I'll let someone else support me!!!.........lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

hottemp55 in Fresno, California

36 months ago

It was a joke did you notice the new type-o's

Dizzel in Stockton, California

36 months ago

I had a interview on Monday n was held for the second interview and filled out some paper now it's Friday and haven't heard back...what should I do? Or how long will it take them to call ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Dizzel in Stockton, California said: I had a interview on Monday n was held for the second interview and filled out some paper now it's Friday and haven't heard back...what should I do? Or how long will it take them to call ?

I would drop by the store and talk to them in person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

What do I say on a follow up
Call after an interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Angel in Anacortes, Washington

35 months ago

I applied for Khol's and they said they would be having the group interview but not sure of he days and it's going on the second week. The manager said she would call by Monday or Tuesday but she said that last week too. I have called and asked and still the same thing. Did they not say they where hiring. It's quite stressful because I have to plan around my daughter. If I knew schedules and time I would beable to work it out. I am beginning to think no one is going to call me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TryingHardToFindWork

35 months ago

Angel in Anacortes, Washington said: I applied for Khol's and they said they would be having the group interview but not sure of he days and it's going on the second week. The manager said she would call by Monday or Tuesday but she said that last week too. I have called and asked and still the same thing. Did they not say they where hiring. It's quite stressful because I have to plan around my daughter. If I knew schedules and time I would beable to work it out. I am beginning to think no one is going to call me.

I am going to stress this again to people interested in working here: It's Kohl's. Not "Khol's," "Khols," "Kohls'," "Koll's," or "Coles." It's KOHL'S.

You must know how to spell the name of your potential employer. Stuff like this gets your applications thrown in the trash.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

How long does the background check take at kohls?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Don't you get it I do know how to SPELL!!!! it was a type-o how many time do I have to tell you that. All I ask is that you get over it. I don't want to be cruel but you have been rude as well. Please drop it this is not the place to continue this!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Carla in Forney, Texas

35 months ago

Groups interviews don't have to be intimidating as long as you take some time to prepare yourself. This string of posts has been great for providing a lot of detail about what to expect. To help with the interview process itself and how you can prepare yourself for the actual questions for this or any other interview, take a look at this article. It was written by Bonnie Lowe, a Job Search Strategist who wrote a book on Job Interviewing. I hope it helps. < href="www.best-interview-strategies.com/pre-interview.html">Pre-Interview Strategies</a>

Carla in Forney, Texas

35 months ago

Ok, I tried to use html code. That didn't work. Let me try this:

www.best-interview-strategies.com/pre-interview.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

You know it is easy to make mistake swhile typing on a keyboard. People make typo's all the time and its not because they can't spell its because they are either in a hurry or just not caring about what they type as long as they get their point across. This is an arean were people can post there questions, its not a class room or a job interview. I am pretty sure when people go to an interview they will know how to spell the name of the business. Typo errors are a common mistake even among professionals. So just leave people alone about their mispelling. We are not here to criticize how people spell. I am pretty sure we realize the mistake after we post the comment. Thanks for showing us you pay attention to our post but our least worry is our typo's. You should go into editing books or articles if spelling is your thing. I am not trying to be rude but I have read too many comments of you telling people to spell right.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

You know it is easy to make mistakes while typing on a keyboard. People make typo's all the time and its not because they can't spell its because they are either in a hurry or just not caring about what they type as long as they get their point across. This is an arean were people can post there questions, its not a class room or a job interview. I am pretty sure when people go to an interview they will know how to spell the name of the business. Typo errors are a common mistake even among professionals. So just leave people alone about their mispelling. We are not here to criticize how people spell. I am pretty sure we realize the mistake after we post the comment. Thanks for showing us you pay attention to our post but our least worry is our typo's. You should go into editing books or articles if spelling is your thing. I am not trying to be rude but I have read too many comments of you telling people to spell right. And if I have mistakes I don't care.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.