help with a good answer for the 7 yr gap in resume !

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

shk tan in Pennsylvania

22 months ago

hello all,
i moved to usa in 2005 & dint start working till now..i got my resident card in 2007 but dint really had the interest to look for a job..i have started applying for jobs in oct'2012 & no luck till now..i dont have a proper answer when i'm asked to explain the gap in my resume..i have an interview next week & its very important that i do my best..so, any suggestions could help me a lot ! the real reason i dint pay much attention in finding a job was bcuz i had to work on my marriage..i dont want to say this in the interview as it would be a weakness..i dont have kids yet so, i cant say i was taking care of my kids either !
thankyou,
shk

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

22 months ago

shk tan in Pennsylvania said: hello all,
i moved to usa in 2005 & dint start working till now..i got my resident card in 2007 but dint really had the interest to look for a job..i have started applying for jobs in oct'2012 & no luck till now..i dont have a proper answer when i'm asked to explain the gap in my resume..i have an interview next week & its very important that i do my best..so, any suggestions could help me a lot ! the real reason i dint pay much attention in finding a job was bcuz i had to work on my marriage..i dont want to say this in the interview as it would be a weakness..i dont have kids yet so, i cant say i was taking care of my kids either !
thankyou,
shk

There is no good answer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.