When should I call back?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Jobseeker in Charlotte, North Carolina

57 months ago

I had an employer call me yesterday morning for a basic phone interview. I was unable to return the call until this morning. I left a voice mail with my name and number and stated I was returning her call.

I was wondering how long should I wait for a reply until I try to call her again.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

M Anthony Martinez in Los Angeles, California

57 months ago

My advice is to let her call you back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Motor City in Farmington Hills, Michigan

57 months ago

When I get home I check my voicemail, and call them back unless it is after 5pm, then I will call them the next business day. If I get voicemail, I leave a message, they usually call back within a few hours, most people in HR never answer their phones, as they are screening out people they don't want to talk to...ie people who are following up as to what the status is on their interview, so leave your message, and they will call you back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aisha belle in Sacramento

57 months ago

It's better if you call them the next day so you can follow-up your status. Don't be in a hurry. Take it as an opportunity to prepare for the interview? are you ready for the interview? =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Job Seeker for 5 Months now in Jamaica, New York

57 months ago

Actually, I never pick up the phone whenever I think an employer is calling to set up an interview. (Why?) I applied to so many, if the employer were to ask me what position I am applying for, I wouldn't know (I don’t do my company research until after an interview is schedule). From the voicemail, I can double check my applied history to see which position I applied for. Then, I call back. If no one picks up, I leave a voicemail letting them know I am interested in an interview...A few hours later, I call back again and hang up if no one picks up...Leave a message only once but do call back until you are able to talk to someone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

derek in Flint, Michigan

36 months ago

I had interview on Monday sould I call them back on Friday to check om my status for the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sighing in Southern, New Jersey

36 months ago

derek in Flint, Michigan said: I had interview on Monday sould I call them back on Friday to check om my status for the job?

Call them Monday afternoon or late Tuesday morning. You should always give it a week, and Mondays are usually so busy. GOOD LUCK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.