Are any of these good signs that I will be moving forward to the 2nd round of interviews?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Producer88 in Bronx, New York

43 months ago

A little background of my situation:

I was the 1st to be interviewed. The hiring manager told me the process will take a few weeks, and there will be a 2nd round of interviews. The hiring manager also told me she will be traveling so the process will take a few weeks. So are any of these good indicators of my job prospect?

1- I had a great interview. HR recommended me for the position, the hiring manager used a lot of "you will" we will" and when I expressed my interest in a specific job related duty she said "we can have you focus on that."

2- The hiring manager responded to my thank you email (first time I've ever received a response) saying "Thanks for your time. Have a great weekend!"

3- A month after my first interview I contacted the HR rep to ask for an update & if I'm still in the running, and he told me "The position is still open, should have more information for you next week."

Am I still in the running? Do I have a chance for a 2nd interview?

I really really really want this job. It's my dream company! I guess I have to be patient and have faith it will all workout!

In the meantime I have been applying and interviewing in other places, but hopefully this position happens.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

43 months ago

You've done all you can do and are wise to continue moving forward applying elsewhere. You may still have a shot. You may not. Nothing you've been told to this point means anything. If you receive an offer, then it means something. Don't sit around on pins and needles. Personally, I think a place that's organized and knew what they were doing would have conducted a second interview in less than 30 days, but everything is out the window nowadays in an environment where employers can do whatever they want and take their time doing it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

43 months ago

Producer88 in Bronx, New York said: A little background of my situation:

I was the 1st to be interviewed. The hiring manager told me the process will take a few weeks, and there will be a 2nd round of interviews. The hiring manager also told me she will be traveling so the process will take a few weeks. So are any of these good indicators of my job prospect?

1- I had a great interview. HR recommended me for the position, the hiring manager used a lot of "you will" we will" and when I expressed my interest in a specific job related duty she said "we can have you focus on that."

2- The hiring manager responded to my thank you email (first time I've ever received a response) saying "Thanks for your time. Have a great weekend!"

3- A month after my first interview I contacted the HR rep to ask for an update & if I'm still in the running, and he told me "The position is still open, should have more information for you next week."

Am I still in the running? Do I have a chance for a 2nd interview?

I really really really want this job. It's my dream company! I guess I have to be patient and have faith it will all workout!

In the meantime I have been applying and interviewing in other places, but hopefully this position happens.

They said this to everybody who interviewed. Keep looking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.