Was told I'd hear back by next week but still waiting...

Comments (7)

Guumba in Aurora, Illinois

25 months ago

Had a second round interview last week (Thu) and was told I'd hear back either way by this week. It seemed to go well although I think nerves got the better of me talking with the president of co. Would it be appropriate to send an inquiry next Monday? Wait longer? What would I even say?

:/

catfish503 in portland, Oregon

25 months ago

Guumba in Aurora, Illinois said: Had a second round interview last week (Thu) and was told I'd hear back either way by this week. It seemed to go well although I think nerves got the better of me talking with the president of co. Would it be appropriate to send an inquiry next Monday? Wait longer? What would I even say?

If they told you they would let you know by the end of this week and you haven't heard back, I think it's appropriate to send an inquiry at the beginning of next week, maybe Tuesday since Monday's seem to be a catch up day due to the weekend. I've had to do the same and have always got a response back when inquiring about the position I've interviewed for. You're taking the initiative to show that you are still very interested in the position and at the same time respecting their timeframe. Hopefully you will hear from them by tomorrow (Friday)!

Guumba in Aurora, Illinois

25 months ago

Yeah I was thinking of until after the weekend. A friend is suggesting I call tomorrow morning, but I know the company is growing a lot/in transition and kind of crazy so I imagine it's been hectic.

Also wondering if I should call when the main form of communication with HR has been through email?

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

25 months ago

Guumba in Aurora, Illinois said: Had a second round interview last week (Thu) and was told I'd hear back either way by this week. It seemed to go well although I think nerves got the better of me talking with the president of co. Would it be appropriate to send an inquiry next Monday? Wait longer? What would I even say?

I think it is appropriate and professional to send a short email next Tues. Like Catfish stated Monday is catchup day.

Personally, I wouldn't send one because nowadays ALOT of interviewers see it as someone being a pain in the assssss. They know who you are and have your contact number...so if your the chosen one they will call.

Exception to the above is if I received another job offer and needed to know ASAP so I could make a decision.

But again, ethically it is ok to inquiry about the position status.

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

25 months ago

If you feel comfortable on the phone go ahead and call. If you feel like you might get nervous and say something stupid on the phone use email.

catfish503 in portland, Oregon

25 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: If you feel comfortable on the phone go ahead and call. If you feel like you might get nervous and say something stupid on the phone use email.

I agree with Joe, whichever you're more comfortable with. If HR has been corresponding via email, this might be the preferred method for them! ;)

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California

25 months ago

I know it's difficult, but after an interview, whether it went well or not, I try not to think about it. If they want me, great. They know where I am and how to reach me. The ball is in their court. If they tell me they will contact me by a certain date, I don't hold them to it or wait by the phone no matter how well the interview may have gone.

If it eases your mind to know one way or another the status of the situation, then call. Personally, I'd just move to the next one and leave it alone, but that's just me.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.