Resume Tips

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

free resume writing help

Current Discussions (441) - Start a Discussion

HR Uncovered in Seattle, Washington

Updated 10 months ago

Has anyone paid for career services to help them with their job search and career development? - 4 Replies

Has anyone paid for career services to help them with their job search and career development? Services could be: 1. Resume writing, resume...

LukeTyler in Seattle, Washington

Updated 10 months ago

Fired from job seeking a new one in a new field - 2 Replies

I worked in retail and made a stupid mistake of finding a book that seemed discarded & I took it home. This was not the case & the book was not store...

Updated 10 months ago

Can you send a resume and an application? - 2 Replies

I've sent in a resume. I'm wondering whether or not an application would be helpful or not or whether the results would be neutral.

Updated 10 months ago

Listing courses on my resume? - 4 Replies

I've been out of work for several months. During the downtime, I took quite a few Coursera.com courses. Should I list these on my resume and if so...

ChrisDet in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 10 months ago

When listing budget amount you managed, do you include employee salaries? - 4 Replies

If you list in a resume the dollar figure for the budget you've oversaw/managed, in that figure, do you include the salary of the workers you manage...

Updated 10 months ago

When you say size of department, do you include yourself? - 3 Replies

I want to say "led x person department" but does that x include or exclude me? not sure if i could myself or not in the department size.

jenab in Austin, Texas

Updated 10 months ago

How do I structure my Rez if my current job is not the same as what I am looking for? - 8 Replies

Hoping someone can give me some advice. I have been unable to find a job as a SW Test Engr/QA Tester. There are plenty of those jobs out there, so I...

Andrew in Lisbon, Portugal

Updated 11 months ago

Video Resume - 8 Replies

Hi, I am thinking of making a clean and elegant video resume to send out, in addition to a regular resume. Basically it would be my exact...

Calfornian in Hayward, California

Updated 11 months ago

Do I include a business that has been shutdown by the state? - 2 Replies

Hello, I have recently been informed that a business that I use to work at has been closed by the state. I am wondering if I should keep that...

ExTeacher in Los Angeles, California

Updated 11 months ago

My resume does not come up in a search - 4 Replies

I can find it by my name but when I try to find it by Office Manager and the zip code it doesn't show up. What am I doing wrong?

Updated 11 months ago

Should I put this in the cover letter? - 2 Replies

I want to show how self-motivating I am but I don't know if I should leave this out or not in case they ask more about it. (note: this isn't how...

K-Sutton in Portland, Oregon

Editing resume on Indeed

I was going to put my skill under skills, but the example shows that those skills are more like "titles". Should I put them under "additional...

Updated 11 months ago

Accomplishments section and when to drop details on old positions - 10 Replies

Is the "significant accomplishment" section really pointless after you're fairly established in a career? Also, if you've moved from worker bee to...

Missy in San Antonio, Texas

Updated 11 months ago

Seeking Different Job Than My Prior Positions - 3 Replies

My experience is strong, but varied. I am seeking a position as a CFO, but my last 3 positions have been as VP-Business Development, President and...

Jason_Allen in California, United States minor outlying islands

Updated 11 months ago

Need someone to help with my cover letter - 3 Replies

Here's My resume with questions in the bracket. Also from what I've read online i understand that excessive use of the word I isn't good for a cover...

brentawhite@gmail.com in Royal Oak, Michigan

Updated 12 months ago

resume/cover letter with volunteer organization - 2 Replies

I am trying to set up a cover letter for a veterinary technician position. I presently do not have a paid job. I have been volunteering my time at a...

Updated 12 months ago

Do you know what Good questions to ask on your Interview? - 1 Reply

What do you see ahead for your company in the next five years? How do you see the future for this industry? What do you consider to be your firm's...

Updated 12 months ago

company split - 2 Replies

For my resume I have two special cases that I'm not sure how to explain in my resume. Case 1: My company split into two divisions (formally a and...

Updated 12 months ago

Rejected because of too many contract positions - 19 Replies

I got laid off in 2009 and worked on 2 temp (contract) assignments since then. One for 15 months, one for 4 months which just ended. Several perm...

Updated 12 months ago

1.5 Page Resume - 14 Replies

I was wondering if it was alright to have 1.5 pages in a resume. I am graduating this Spring from college and am applying for Fall 2014 full time...

Updated 12 months ago

Listing short-term job - 4 Replies

I started a job in last year that ended the same year. On my resume, should I list the year(s) of employment for this job as in the "year-year"...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 12 months ago

Is it ever appropriate to put availability on a resume? - 14 Replies

I am going back to school (not as a teacher, but as a student), so my availability is limited to mornings. I really want to find a part-time job in a...

findjob in North Carolina

Updated 12 months ago

Separate & Job Specific Resumes? - 6 Replies

In a state work commission class, a teacher said she has 8 separate resumes! OMGosh. Is this best? Is this necessary? Say that I am looking for a...

Updated 12 months ago

Microsoft Office Skills on Resumes- yes or no? - 2 Replies

I'm trying to get a job in retail (i.e merchandise, clothing, bookstores, pet stores...), but before that, I'm trying to get a really good resume- an...

catfish503 in portland, Oregon

Updated 12 months ago

Been with the same company for 25 years - 4 Replies

I have been at the same company for 25 years but my career has progressed in responsibilities, achievements and position/job titles. What is the best...

KSutton in Portland, Oregon

Updated 12 months ago

Not satisfied with my resume- can't get a job. - 2 Replies

I'm in volunteer, and while I like it, I also thought that some experience would look good on a resume. Yet, there seems to be people with no...

Elizabeth in North Chicago, Illinois

Updated 12 months ago

Should I include this on my resume? - 8 Replies

I got an assignment through a staffing agency but was let go after a month due to some issues. My question is, should I even put this on my resume...

Dprofessional in Fort Worth, Texas

Updated 13 months ago

Leaving out a short gig on resume - 3 Replies

I am at my beginning of the end of a short gig. I joined in January a company as a perm. My hiring manager was good and had a good rapport. Things...

Rez Writer Brandy in Ohio

Updated 13 months ago

Cover letter Help (native german) - 4 Replies

To whom it may concern Talent Development Program for +++++++ Already early in my studies, I have developed a fascination for new technologies,...

Rez Writer Brandy in Ohio

Updated 13 months ago

Frustrated with my resume. - 11 Replies

Hi everyone. As the title suggests I am frustrated with my resume and not getting called for an interview. I was wondering if I could get some much...

Missy in San Antonio, Texas

Updated 13 months ago

Military reference - 5 Replies

A company that I'm interviewing with wants references (from supervisors or HR) going back 8 years. I was active Army from 1999 to 2007. My last...

Ellen Hall in Tucson, Arizona

Updated 14 months ago

Struggling with last paragraph of cover letter - 2 Replies

I am working on my cover letter for an entry-level office clerical position. I am struggling with the closing statement for the third paragraph....

Michelle in British Columbia

Updated 14 months ago

Dumbing down a resume? - 31 Replies

I have an impressive work history, climbing the ladder rapidly in my last place of employment and hold a lot of responsibility in my current job. ...

You're HIRED! Résumé Services, LLC in Indianapolis, Indiana

Is character an essential ingredient in ethical leadership?

The way in which a person conducts themselves can be a clear indication on how they will represent your company. Character can be defined as someone...

You're HIRED! Résumé Services in Indianapolis, Indiana

Updated 15 months ago

resume questions - 3 Replies

Good Afternoon, I'm updating my resume and had some questions. I worked at my last job for 1 year and 9 months, and my title was either "Junior...

Jason Mantle in Sinagapore, Singapore

Updated 15 months ago

reputable resume writing service/ writer? - 5 Replies

please dont tell me i need to write it myself, ive tried and tried with my friends and family and all it gets me is nothing :( does anyone have...

Sophianne in Salt Lake City, Utah

Updated 16 months ago

project manager / coordinator cover letter assistance - 6 Replies

Please take few moments and read over my cover letter. It literally includes everything I know/did while working. I've been looking for a job for...

wordsmithtress in Vail, Arizona

Updated 16 months ago

Should I include this in my Resume/Cover Letter? - 2 Replies

Hi everyone, I am applying to an internship position, and on their desired skills section, they list they would prefer someone with experience in...

wordsmithtress in Vail, Arizona

Updated 16 months ago

Resume help!! - 2 Replies

Hi, I have been at the same place for about 15 years but I have moved up and have worked in about 6 different departments along the way. Each time...

HR Connection Pro in Salt Lake City, Utah

Updated 16 months ago

Resume tips - 2 Replies

I've been looking for a job as a PC Support Technician. I have a degree in Information Systems. I have almost one year of experience. About one year...

Peninsula Resumes in Palo Alto, California

Updated 16 months ago

Online application auto filler? - 5 Replies

I'm sick of filling out these online applications, is there a good auto fill application? I tried one a while back that only uses IE, but it didn't...

Riot in Ware, Massachusetts

Updated 17 months ago

Resume Question - 2 Replies

Hi, I'm in college right now and want to find work over the summer...my question is whether I should put two past jobs on my resume or not. I...

Larry Sylvester in BRUNSWICK, Georgia

Updated 17 months ago

Unhappy and Lost - 2 Replies

New kinda to the computer world? But really lost to with the How, Where, What, and I don't have no idea again; Who Where and What! The computer...

Mary inTampa in Jacksonville, Florida

Updated 17 months ago

Listing only the year for short-term work on resumes -- will it hurt me in the long run? - 1 Reply

I have only some temporary jobs with large gaps in between and I've been out of work for a while. When I was trying to improve my resume one of the...

jim1174 in Berkeley, California

Need some advice on what to say

I want to apply for a job at a refinery. Safety is very important to this company. I want to put something on my resume that tells them safety is...

Anonymous in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 17 months ago

Need Help Describing Years When I Volunteered in Christian Ministry/Helping Needy Through Church - 1 Reply

Hello everyone, I have about 5 years of paid work experience and 6 years of time where I volunteered in the christian ministry and helped the needy...

Daniel of THG in Grand Rapids, Michigan

Updated 17 months ago

Resume help - Listing two jobs twice - 1 Reply

Hi there, I need some help with my resume. I have a background as an oral surgery/dental receptionist but would like to get away from those types...

freeyourresume in Raleigh, North Carolina

Updated 18 months ago

Question about my resume? - 2 Replies

I am planning to apply for internships this summer and listed out my skills in Basic Web Developing. The problem is that right now my class has not...

beginagainla in Los Angeles, California

Updated 18 months ago

Anyone have luck with a functional resume? - 7 Replies

I am debating about using a functional resume (but include the dates--that always seems dumb to leave them off) because I want to change industries...

ckhay in Boston, Massachusetts

Cover Letter help for H&M, no previous experience

I've tried to make my cover letter and resume as appealing as possible by using my previous work experience to fill in for my non existing retail...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.