Resume Tips

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

free resume writing help

Current Discussions (582) - Start a Discussion

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

Updated 9 months ago

Reference Relationships - 1 Reply

It seems the standard is to put "supervisor" or "supervised by me" or "colleague" or something along those lines. My issue is that one of my...

myleen in New City, New York

SAHM and going back to work

I need to go back to work after 5 years of being a Stay at home mom. I just had 2 years experience before I gave birth as rehab aide. BUT I have 10...

JorgensonDE in Roseburg, Oregon

How to deleted resume in indeed it still show on google search after i updated it into private

Hi i need help when i googled my name it show my information from resume in indeed.com i need to deleted it ASAP. I am very uncomfortable with this...

John in MD in Catonsville, Maryland

Updated 11 months ago

Describing multitasking on resume - 4 Replies

I'm trying to come up with wording to give examples of multitasking on my resume. With my resume I pick out attributes that are asked for in the ad...

Rahul Gopal in Hyderabad, India

not receiving Resumes

Hi, I have been posting Jobs, earlier I used to receive the resumes for my postings. It has been observed that I m unable to get resume for job...

Updated 11 months ago

Critique my resume? Soon to be college senior - 1 Reply

I changed personal information. Any advice is helpful! Here is my resume: https://i.imgur.com/IwdHf7i.jpg Thanks!

Updated 11 months ago

Why resume is not showing up in search? - 11 Replies

I posted my resume on indeed yesterday but when I search specific skills which I have in resume, my resume does not show up in the list. Any idea...

Updated 11 months ago

Part Time, Contract, and Volunteer Work on Resume - 1 Reply

Hi all, I have a wonderful full time job and have had a full time job for 5 years (right out of college). A few months ago, I was hired as an...

UGresearch in Clinton Township, Michigan

Updated 11 months ago

Achievement: Letters from teachers - 2 Replies

I'm an undergrad applying for research projects but I don't have any experience other than classwork. However I have received letters from teachers...

Updated 12 months ago

Consistently told I don't have enough PM experience... Flustered! - 4 Replies

Hi, I need some résumé advice. I feel I am very good at what I do and I've been a PM or manager for a fair amount of time in the IT world, yet I...

Updated 12 months ago

How can I describe this experience and make it look professional? - 1 Reply

I used to pay $10/month to keep my friend's website up. Once a year I would login to my account to extend the domain for another 12 months. Other...

alsuarez in Temecula, California

Resume Submittal/Edit

My question is, if I applied to a job, through Indeed.com's "Easy to Apply" feature, and I edited/updated my resume AFTERWARDS, will said job be...

2Legit in Cincinnati, Ohio

Updated 12 months ago

How to list a company you work for on resume. - 2 Replies

This is probably a stupid question but here goes. When you are putting down a company you worked for, do you put the local stores name and address...

Savylady23 in Texas

Updated 12 months ago

Critique my cover letter? - 3 Replies

I'm planning to send the following cover letter to apply for a job at a national park. This is just the body of the letter; I omitted the heading for...

Updated 12 months ago

Help With Job Title for Resume/ Linkedin? (Collections job) - 1 Reply

I was hired as a "Collections Coordinator" for a big company, but trying to avoid the collections call center type stigma, as I definitely do not...

Imagdrider in Murrieta, California

Updated 12 months ago

Multiple positions with same company. - 3 Replies

I worked for a company for 8 years. During that time I held 3 positions. I started as the receptionist then I got promoted to office manager and then...

Updated 12 months ago

Resume Help - 1 Reply

Hi all. I am trying to help my fiance update his resume but we are having several issues: 1) Education. He is a certified audio engineer, but due...

Poolgod in Peoria, Arizona

Updated 12 months ago

Self-employment questions - 4 Replies

Hello, I was wanting to know some thoughts on how to proceed with my resume and filling out applications when I am currently a sub-contractor for...

Recruiter in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 12 months ago

How unprofessional does having a 1.5-2 page resume look? - 8 Replies

I have a current job that I'm not satisfied with, so I decided to update my resume and want to job search again (gulp!). The general rule has always...

Careerplus in Texas

Updated 12 months ago

Which Resume Introduction Should I Choose? - 1 Reply

Starting a resume from scratch can be an absolute nightmare. Sure, adding your name, address, phone number, and email are easy enough, but then...

Marketer in Hesperia, California

Resume/career advice for getting into the Event Planning industry

I'm trying to make a career change and start working in the Event Planning industry. I'm seeking advice on how to present my resume the best way. As...

gixerkiller in Gardena, California

Updated 13 months ago

Help! Is my resume good enough? - 4 Replies

Hi! Looking for people with restaurant experience to look over my resume and let me know how I can improve it. ____________________________________...

Updated 13 months ago

Refresh Resume to move to top of list - 18 Replies

I understand that to avoid moving further down on a list of resumes, job seekers need to refresh their resumes periodically by making changes. What,...

Chris at wardresumes in San Diego, California

Updated 13 months ago

Help with a 4 year absence from work due to illness - 4 Replies

Hi everyone, I'm really stressed as to how I will explain my 4 year absence from work due to a serious illness. I'm during very well now but do I...

kpjowjwg in San Francisco, United Kingdom

kpjowjwg in San Francisco, United Kingdom

Anon in Los Angeles, California

Please critique my resume please

I've been working for about two years in non-developer roles and trying to update my resume for a developer role. Please give me all the harsh...

valentinfri in Islandnull

Real estate investor valentin fritzmann need website suggestions

Hi everyone, Valentin Fritzmann a real estate agent & investor. I am working on my own website based on real estate. I want to connect to people...

Stare into the abyss and the abyss stare

Updated 15 months ago

Overqualified and Looking for More than 1 Year - 3 Replies

I am in the media / digital marketing field and have 15+ years on both agency and client sides. My last role was VP, Group Director of Digital and...

Updated 15 months ago

How should I proceed if I know the hiring manager - 1 Reply

I worked at a large multinational company as an intern a couple of years ago and while I was an Engineering student. When I graduated four months ago...

Updated 15 months ago

"Digital Resumes" - 1 Reply

Hello, I saw this news story on Facebook: http://www.resumeapex.com/uncategorized/nina-mufleh-airbnb-resume-business-insider/ Really unique and...

C David Guittard in Greenville, Texas

Unsolicited résumés

I was wondering what the best way to follow up on an unsolicited résumé was. I emailed it out last Friday with a cover stating that I was looking...

Ryuzaki40 in Gainesville, Florida

Updated 16 months ago

Please critique my cover letter? - 3 Replies

Doing a cover letter for a class, would appreciate advice or critique. Dear Hiring Manager: I am applying for the position of Judaic Studies...

BB in Alexandria, Virginia

Updated 16 months ago

Resume - Text Boxes and Lines??? Word - 7 Replies

Not sure if it is true... I have heard that when creating a resume one should not use text boxes or lines (Word) because the resume electronic...

Linda in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 16 months ago

Eye catching or unprofessional? - 12 Replies

Hello all! I am currently completing a resume for an IT internship with Lucasfilms. At the top of all of my resumes, I have a header with my name...

otherguy overby in Bakersfield, California

Updated 16 months ago

Resume and Cover Letter tips - 2 Replies

Hello Everyone, Just wanted to ask for some feedback on my resume and cover letter. I have applied to various positions related to my experience...

BB in Annandale, Virginia

Updated 16 months ago

Resume Examples - 5 Replies

Hi everyone. I came across an underground art website that happens to touch on resume design. I'm not the artsy type but it gave me some ideas of...

Updated 16 months ago

How Can I Express This in Metrics on a Resume? - 4 Replies

Most of my job history involved supporting roles that really can't be measured in metrics but it seems that the career advisers and HR gurus push the...

Updated 16 months ago

to write it down or leave it off - 3 Replies

I just moved to Toronto from another province for a job. After 1.5 months in the job, I felt that I could have better luck in another position, I...

Updated 16 months ago

First Time Job Seeker, Feedback on resume - 3 Replies

Hello, I am Medet Zhanbulatuly, a graduate from Nanyang Technological University. I am currently looking for a job in Investment Banking or any...

Updated 16 months ago

Cover Letter Help - 3 Replies

Dear ________, I was excited to see a vacancy for the position of _________ on the ____ website. I have extensive experience working...

Updated 16 months ago

Making bullet points on your resume - 2 Replies

Hello Indeed Forum Community, I recently uploaded my resume, and have noticed that some bullet points are missing. What is the code needed for...

Updated 16 months ago

Would someone pls check my letter ? - 3 Replies

This is a personal motivation letter. I hope someone finds time to look it over. Sadly i didn't find the name of the person doing the...

Linda in Farmington, Michigan

Updated 17 months ago

How many jobs to list on resume? - 3 Replies

I've been a stay at home mom for 2 years. Before that, I worked at the same company for 12 years. Before that, I had several jobs, some within the...

CBats in Alton, Illinois

Updated 17 months ago

How can I tailor my resume to fill a position I don't have experience in? - 4 Replies

I was wondering if anyone had any great ideas for tailoring a resume for fields one has no experience in, no schooling in, and very little to no...

blueberry1 in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 17 months ago

Seeking Resume Critique - 12 Replies

It's been a long time since I've gotten calls/e-mails about my resume, so I'd like to get another point of view on my approach to see if I'm doing...

steve in Bakersfield, California

Resume tips

Hello everyone, I just wanted to know if there is anyone who can give my resume a quick review and offer a critique. I've benn applying to jobs...

LeadBurn in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Updated 17 months ago

I've sent 5 resumes a day for weeks with no reply, need some advice on my resume. - 21 Replies

Hello all, I've been looking for work non stop, but I'm getting no replies. I'm doing something wrong and would like to get some input, where does my...

Kajira in Norfolk, Virginia

One employer, but multiple positions AND locations

I'm not sure how to list the following information on my resume. Any ideas? I worked at a Walmart in one city as a regular associate, but then was...

Angella in Edmonton, Alberta

Updated 17 months ago

Resume and Cover Letter Help - 5 Replies

Hello Everyone, Just wanted to ask for some feedback on my resume and cover letter. I have applied to various positions related to my experience...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.